[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there people who are seriously protesting against dentist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 16
Are there people who are seriously protesting against dentist for removing these useless ass teeth?
>>
>>25241201
Mine didn't need to be removed, they weren't messing with anything, I guess that's not the case for most people?
>>
>>25241201

Americans always have shit teeth, it's in their genes.

>nanashi

nice white american name too
>>
So are you gonna post the article or what?
>>
No one has died from not taking their wisdom teeth out, it's just a stupid meme that doctors push on you. You'll be fine leaving it alone.
>>
>>25241201
I had my left wisdom teeth removed because it was decayed, apparently I didn't go far enough with my toothbrush, the dentist wanted to remove the right one too even though it was perfectly healthy, I said no since the was no point in doing that,it's still there perfectly fine, there's no need to remove them unless they are decaying or they grew badly and are causing you pain.
>>
>>25241255
look it up your damn self
>>
File: wisdom.jpg (87 KB, 1040x1387) Image search: [Google]
wisdom.jpg
87 KB, 1040x1387
I had all 5 of my wisdom teeth removed two days ago.
pic related
>>
>>25241201
Dentists will often scam unknowledable people in to getting very profitable procedures done when they are medically unneccesaary

So many of my friends got braces when they didn't need too, a few got there wisdom teeth removed for no apparent reason
>>
Who else here /hoping nothing goes wrong/? The dentist did an x-ray of my teeth a while ago and said I needed to have them taken out. That was a few years ago.
>>
File: 1444265073379.jpg (1023 KB, 2072x2072) Image search: [Google]
1444265073379.jpg
1023 KB, 2072x2072
I still have my removed wisdom teeth in my bathroom drawer and >>25241319 what the fuck
why are they so bloody? when mine were taken out I saw no blood on them while they were leaving my mouth
>>
>>25241339
Braces are a completely cosmetic operation, there's not a legitimate medical need for them.
>>
File: Whale_skeleton[1].png (125 KB, 1388x400) Image search: [Google]
Whale_skeleton[1].png
125 KB, 1388x400
>>25241201
If other life on this planet had forms of clickbait news articles, I'm sure we'd see something like "why you need your vestigial legs."
>>
File: lego_pepe.jpg (348 KB, 882x1024) Image search: [Google]
lego_pepe.jpg
348 KB, 882x1024
>mfw my wisdom teeth aren't growing in at a retarded angle and my jaw is big enough to accommodate them
>>
>>25241364
Man, whale skulls are fucking rad.
>>
>>25241349
>removing teeth
>no blood

Your doc and staff did a good job rinsing and suctioning your mouth during the operation, there's no way in heck you didn't lose any blood at all.
>>
>>25241374
It's pretty awesome to see how life evolved so elegantly just by looking at a skeleton.
>>
>>25241201
Only time people realy need them removed is when they have bad oral hygiene and the tooth starts decaying. The area in and around the wisdom teeth are breeding grounds for bacteria if you have shit habits.
>>
File: 1450936819509.gif (170 KB, 152x145) Image search: [Google]
1450936819509.gif
170 KB, 152x145
>>25241349
>I saw no blood on them while they were leaving my mouth
>BEING AWAKE DURING ORAL SURGERY
>>
Still have 3/4 of my wisdom teeth. One ended up getting shattered so I needed some surgery to dhg everything out
>>
>>25241362
>Braces are a completely cosmetic operation, there's not a legitimate medical need for them.
Not exactly, fucked up teeth my lead to a fucked up mouth which in turns can give you headache and similar conditions or pain on your gums because of fucked up mastication.
>>
>>25241421
Oy vey!

This anon's dentist probably stole more than just his wisdoms while anon was asleep.
>>
>>25241374
Serious question, where does the brain go? I dont see a cranial cavity.
>>
>>25241415
>Only time people realy need them removed is when they have bad oral hygiene and the tooth starts decaying.
Naw, they can also move in over time and fuck up your bite if you've got a small jaw.
>>
>>25241421
I was awake too, what are you some kind of pussy faggot?
>>
>>25241421
Its an experience. If its just one tooth theyll use local anesthesia and pull it right there in the clinic. Its very disconcerting. Theres no pain, but you can feel the pressure as they pull and cut. Makes me shutter thinking about it.
>>
>>25241455
yes
i was uncomfortable just being awake for a filling on a chipped tooth, i can't imagine having to be conscious during a root canal or some shit
>>
>>25241201
Yeah I somewhat agree , my teeth were sorta alright but the bottom ones had a little flap of gum just barely covering 1/4 of the top.
They kept pushing me to get them taken out
>Its biting into your cheek anon
>it may not hurt now but it will
>etc
Then one of them had a small cavity and they insisted on removing all of them. They didn't even want me to keep them as trophy's. When I woke up I just picked them up from the table and left with them.

Sometimes and for some people its better to just get them out. But they are hard as fuck to clean for most people, even if they come in correctly.
>>
File: whale2[1].jpg (25 KB, 390x241) Image search: [Google]
whale2[1].jpg
25 KB, 390x241
>>25241439
Check this out mate.
>>
>>25241432
Damn that sounds painful. Is there like, tooth shrapnel in your mouth? How bad is the damage?
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 210x251) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 210x251
>>25241434
Also kids with fucked up teeth get made fun of all the time. Id pay money to fix my kids teeth.
>mfw snaggletooth was a local favorite
>>
>>25241347
I am in the same boat. He took them out on one side and has been telling me take the other half out for over 3 years now.
>>
>>25241528
Thats pretty fucking cool. Whales are pretty damn smart too arent they? I wonder how heavy their brain is?
>>
because i have a big jaw and top tier teeth genes, strong as the tectonic plates, all 4 of my wisdom teeth came in fine
>>
My father still has his wisdom teeth because he had braces put on when they were coming in.
>>
File: 500px-Brainsizebodysize[1].png (129 KB, 500x326) Image search: [Google]
500px-Brainsizebodysize[1].png
129 KB, 500x326
>>25241618
Picture is related to your question.
>>
>>25241370

A dentist will still usually recommend removal because most people either can't or don't brush that far back. Of course it's really all to turn a profit, so tell Dr. Shekelberg to fuck off.
>>
>>25241201
My wisdom teeth are growing out straIght and has room in my mouth
They aren't growing out like that dumb was image
>>
>>25241278
This is the most common story. Had it myself too because it's hard as fuck to reach that far back with the brush.
Luckily mine were just decalcified (also from food not reaching that far back so the teeth weren't getting enough minerals) so my dentist just had me use aone of those mineral toothpastes and everything is good now.
Most wisdom teeth just get fucked up and need removal because it's hard to maintain them.
Brush the back of your mouth kids.
>>
They're useless, but there's no need to remove them unless they're impacted or some shit. Why rush to put yourself through a painful procedure like that if they grow in fine? It's not like the procedure can't be performed at a later time if the teeth happen to cause problems later in your life, which is unlikely.

All of my wisdom teeth came in fine. I'm 31 and still have no problem with them.
>>
>>25241837
>Tfw your mouth is so small you already got to scrub out food from your wizzies
>>
>>25241829
same
you still dont need them tho
unless there's an issue you also dont need them out
>>
>>25241201
t. never had impacted teeth
man fuck that noise i needed all 4 taken out, growing on the sides and impacted
>>
While we're on the subject of teeth, make sure you anons brush your teeth or gargle some water after eating all those Christmas sweets.

My mom and one of my coworkers had to have almost all of their teeth removed, and it was very painful for them. It's okay to eat sweets periodically, but make sure you rinse your mouth out and brush them at least to ensure the sugary treats don't eat away at your teeth.
>>
>>25241968
>it was very painful for them.

Because they aren't big guys.
>>
>>25241968
was removing their wisdom teeth part of their plan?
>>
>>25241201
>Nanashi Heentaii
>Heentaii
>>
>>25241997
haha lol
>>
>>25241229
That's either because you're not a jawlet, or your mandibular angle is close to 90 degrees.

Who else 6 wisdom teeth master race
>>
> be armyfag
> yearly mandatory dental checkup
> doc notices I still have my wisdom teeth.
> unacceptable.jpg
> appointment for next day
> all four wisdom teeth TKO'd
> spend the next three days in a state of unawarness of time due to Percocets.
> missed a five day field exercise.

Wasn't too bad. Eating like an old man though wasn't fun

> tfw played GW2 for hours straight those three days.

Also it was all free so meh.
>>
>>25241968

Too late.
>tfw secretly leeching money from parents so i can save up for fullblown repair because neet
>>
>>25242560
>needing percs to deal with wisdom teeth discomfort

I thought you armyfags were supposed to be tough. I had all 4 removed in one go as well, but was only given hydrocodone. Didn't take a single one until after the wounds had completely healed.
>>
>>25241201
>Are there people who are seriously protesting against dentist for removing these useless ass teeth?

Those people are probably too poor for a dentist.
And after a while, many poor people who have realized that they are helpless in their poverty, begin to rationalize it.

Then they begin with cheap surrogate coke is just as good as original coke. Cheap food is just as good. Cheap clothes are actually better than those from Adidas and Nike or so, you just pay for the label, you don't need a dentist to remove your wisdom teeth...

It's pretty sad really.
>>
These are probably the same morons that don't want their kids getting shots because some bullshit thing they read online.
>>
>>25242509
jawlet is someone without a good jawline right?
>>
>>25241465
I got general anesthetic because I'm pretty healthy and chances are there'd never be another opportunity in my life to try it. Apparently when I was coming to I told my little sister I wanted to fuck her and masturbated with her used panties once.

I'm just glad she hasn't told mom.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 440x328) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 440x328
>>25242509
Having 6 wisdom teeth not impacted is extremely rare. Its more luck than anything.
>>
Who /never had wisdom teeth/ master race?
>>
>>25241201
You're dick is just as useless. Why don't you get it removed?
>>
>>25242995
It's more natural that way. If you can make something more natural then go for it because it's better.

It's the same reason why I only drink regular coke now, and not diet. A friend of mine saw a video of someone using diet Coke to dissolve a penny!
>>
Mine were removed 2 years ago cause they were literally growing in sideways and I've stopped getting intense migraines ever since.
>>
>>25243251
>mouth breathing
>>
>>25243178
>Apparently when I was coming to I told my little sister I wanted to fuck her and masturbated with her used panties once.

How old was she at this time, and how old was she when you masturbated to her panties?
>>
>>25243435
14 both times. We are usually on good terms. Used to watch anime together all the time. We don't talk anymore.
>>
File: 1377916937124.jpg (57 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1377916937124.jpg
57 KB, 633x758
I had six wisdom teeth removed three weeks ago. Two were impacted, two were normal, two were extra (maybe 1% of the population are born with extra wisdom teeth).

It probably wasn't necessary except for aesthetics. Eating feels weird now and I can't chew as effectively, but whatever.
>>
Well one of my wisdom teeth is growing in horizontally.
One of them has ruptured and will ruin the work my braces did.
The other two haven't popped out yet but they will.
I'm getting them all removed on the eleventh.
>>
File: ChenIntensifies.gif (109 KB, 209x192) Image search: [Google]
ChenIntensifies.gif
109 KB, 209x192
>>25242509
>master race
>r9k
>>
>>25241421
Not him but I was technically awake when mine where pulled. I was a little bitch who refused general anesthesia. They gave me something like 10 shots of Novocain and laughing gas. I sure as hell didn't keep my eyes open though
>>
File: 1389305805829.jpg (63 KB, 501x382) Image search: [Google]
1389305805829.jpg
63 KB, 501x382
Can anyone tell me how old they were when they had them removed? I see 4, 3 of which are halfway through, and one that seems like it's coming in right. I'm 22.

I hope I never have to get them removed. They fixed the gap between my front teeth. Never needed braces.
>>
>>25241618
Their brains are a lot larger than ours, but it comes down to the density of the brain. They need larger brains because they're larger animals. Even elephants have significantly larger brains than humans.

Kazhak doktor tell me woman have brain same as squirrel!
>>
>>25243636
>but it comes down to the density of the brain.
This brain density crap is a myth largely. Our brains aren't super dense compared to a chimp for example.

Elephants and whales need bigass brains to account for all the nerve endings, sensory information, etc.
>>
>>25241201
>useless ass teeth?
Stop trying to convince yourself that getting your wisdom teeth removed was a good thing. It wasn't.

And how the fuck are they useless? I chew with them just like my regular teeth. I eat walnuts and bread and shit with them as the main chewing component.
>>
>livingtraditionally.com

Into the fucking trash it goes!
>>
My dentist says they should be removed, but from what I can see they are all out, and it doesn't hurt.
>>
>>25243377
I can't tell whether you're being serious or just pretending
>>
File: image.jpg (265 KB, 686x934) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
265 KB, 686x934
>jaws getting progressively smaller, therefore wisdom teeth have become obsolete and actually harmful in a lot of cases
>HURR DURR DA EVIL DENTIST MAN BE TRYING TO STEAL YOUR TEETH
>>
File: yea.jpg (23 KB, 820x506) Image search: [Google]
yea.jpg
23 KB, 820x506
>>25244675
NOT OVER HERE BOI
BIG JAW NIGGAS UNITE
>>
>>25243803

Same. I went to a different dentist and he said that if it's not bothering you, then don't waste the money doing a procedure you don't need. They're not doing it for your benefit, but rather for their bank balance.

You don't NEED your wisdom teeth, but they don't hurt you either. They're neutral in many cases.
>>
The Navy removed my wisdom teeth
They were out, normal, no problems, never hurt, plenty of room
Navy said nope, have to go, pulled them all
I was a ET(N) -Nuclear Electronics Technician, assigned to a submarine
Navy rules say no wisdom teeth if you are on a sub
Got them in a jar, somewhere
Dentist gave me 3 days off duty and 30 Vicodin, told me to have a good time
>>
>>25241364
>why you need your vestigial legs.
Sounds like a good onion article
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.