[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /tinnitus/ here? It gets worse every week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11
File: jaredleeloughner.jpg (13 KB, 370x278) Image search: [Google]
jaredleeloughner.jpg
13 KB, 370x278
Who /tinnitus/ here?

It gets worse every week
>>
here.

makes me want to stab out my eardrums
>>
Newbie here, 3 months. It's not getting worse, which is good. Does yours also adjust during the day? Mine feels way quieter when I wake up at night compared to the daily ringing.
>>
How you guys get it?
>>
File: 1450692268734.png (35 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1450692268734.png
35 KB, 400x300
>>25239499
I just got this and it fucking sucks. I cannot relax at all and it's driving me crazy.
>>
File: suicidal_gondola.png (33 KB, 917x1186) Image search: [Google]
suicidal_gondola.png
33 KB, 917x1186
>>25239728

I have some industrial fans or something behind my apartment plus my PC is loud as shit. I got some earplugs but I think I damaged my eardrums with them.

Can't enjoy silence anymore, need to listen ASMR videos 24/7 to mask the buzzing.
>>
Literally how does this happen?
>>
>>25239778
Listening to loud music too much.
>>
>>25239728

10 years of wearing in-ear headphones for hours a day and listening to loud music.
>>
>>25239728

As far as I know, I have it since I was a child. I remember asking people.. "Do you hear that sound"? I always thought it was what people hear when there's no sound.
>>
had it for 4 years thankfully i'm used to it now

>>25239728
not wearing earplugs at a concert
>>
Isn't it normal to hear a bit of a ring?

I ignore it but when I think about it I notice it. It's not distracting for me.
>>
>>25239863

I guess, my skull feels like it can crack at any moment tho.
>>
>>25239875
I'm glad I don't have that.
>>
would a sensory deprivation chamber help this?
>>
my dad have this, it comes as a counter efect of some medicine after he gets anaphylactic shock
>mfw im allergic as fuck too
>>
I've had it for as long as I can remember

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>25239499
I've always had it, but then I started going to motorsport events around 10 years ago

has gotten worse since then lol
>>
Have it for more over a decade. It's not a monotonous tone, more more of a textured one. First years are bad, but you get used to it.
>>
>>25239728

I think going to a metal concert at like 13 and accidentally standing too close to the speaker

>have managed tinnitus for years without incident
>april 1st a few years ago
>text from a friend I haven't heard from in weeks
>like 7am
>realise my tinnitus is 2x louder than it usually is
>think that it will eventually go down
>it doesn't
>can hear it over everything no matter how loud
>physically and mentally can't sleep
>mum gives me a sleeping pill
>knocks me the fuck out
>have another one the next day
>have a sleeping pill every day for about 2 1/2 weeks
>gets to about 11pm one day
>suddenly feel like freaking the FUCK out

And that's when I realised I was slightly addicted to ambien. Don't do it guys. It's fucking scary.

Think of a time that you were the most scared in your entire life, like that moment of panic *just* before the peak. Now imagine that the feeling doesn't go away for HOURS. Haven't taken a single sleeping pill since then.
>>
>>25239499
I've had it ever since I can remember, like as early as 4 years old. Back then I thought it was normal and that was just was "silence" sounded like. Then when I got older, I found out it had a name and that it's not normal.

It's like a really high-pitched tone that I always here. If I'm focused on something else, I can ignore it, but the second things go quiet, all I can hear is the ringing.
>>
I'm not sure if I have it, I hear this buzz when it's absolutely silent but I like forget about it even though it's there I sort of not notice it.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (89 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
89 KB, 500x484
>>25239499
I have had it for a while now, the ringing along with hearing loss and constant headaches. I just want to listen to music the way I could before ;_;

>>25239728
I don't actually know. It started a few days after I upped my dose of meds, so that could be it
>>
Oh shit oh shit,i always read about this and thiught it was one of the worst conditions possible,how can one endure such constant noise?only now i realizes that light sound in my ears might not be normal.oh shit i don't want it to get worse,what do i do?i would rather suicide than live with my ears pounding
>>
>>25240676

Avoid loud noises. If it gets worse listen to ambient/ASMR videos to mask the buzz.
>>
>>25240676
I don't want to make you more alarmed, but it really is hell. Just don't listen to loud music (apparently you should never go above 60% volume) and protect your ears if you go to concerts, etc.
>>
>>25240499
The actual peak of an anxiety attack is much worse, pleb.
>>
>>25239499

This weirdly helps me a lot anon http://www.generalfuzz.net/acrn/

mess around with it till you get your frequency.
>>
>tfw you never care about shit until it's too late
>tfw listened to screamo music for years without giving a fuck
>tfw turn 24
>tfw ears fucking lose it and ring constantly
>tfw can't listen to music anymore and have to put subtitles on movies

just great guys..just great.
>>
just sleep with some static noise famalam. Its never quite in my room so I dont have to hear that annoying sound
>>
>>25240858
>there will never be a cure

Fuck this shitty earth
>>
>>25240676
Don't shit your pants, it's hell at firstmbut you will get used to it
>>
not sure if i even have it to be honest, familia

i remember listening to mp3s while asleep with earbuds on and once there was this loud jittering playing from the mp3 player after a song ended (the mp3 didn't end yet)

do humans wake up from loud noise while asleep or not?
>>
>>25241180

I once fell asleep while watching Futurama on DVD and woke up to this terrifying noise.

I thought the world was ending or something but it was just that Star Trek episode where Bender is shooting the tommy gun into the air.
>>
>>25240858
Dude that's fucking rough.
At that point I'd just consider suicide.
>>
>>25239852
this
I had it since I was like 8 and I thought it was natural
all you can do is to learn to live with it
>>
Copied this from a site that claims to have a temporary relief for tinnitus. I dont have tinnitus but from the comments it seems that it might work for you lot that do.

"Place the palms of your hands over your ears with fingers resting gently on the back of your head. Your middle fingers should point toward one another just above the base of your skull. Place your index fingers on top of you middle fingers and snap them (the index fingers) onto the skull making a loud, drumming noise. Repeat 40-50 times. Some people experience immediate relief with this method. Repeat several times a day for as long as necessary to reduce tinnitus. Dr. Jan Strydom, of A2Z of Health, Beauty and Fintess.org."

*disclaimer: this is the internet, may not be true
>>
>>25239499
tinnitus and headaches family

Kill me
Fuck me
Torture
Suck my wet cunt
>>
let me tell you this. Meditation helps amazingly. One hour of meditation per day if things are hard. Just close your eyes, imagine a blank space surrounding you and start inhaling deeply with your nose and exhaling with your mouth. You can download some meditation podcasts to help you. Trust me it works. Deep breathing works.
>>
File: 1409499794092.jpg (34 KB, 275x226) Image search: [Google]
1409499794092.jpg
34 KB, 275x226
>tfw thought i had tinnitus
>tfw it would feel like nails on a chalkboard in my head
>tfw one day i realized it wasnt me
>it was this shitty gas station phone charger that emitted this high pitched sound when current went through it

close one
>>
>>25240676
It's normal to have a little bit in real silence.
>>
File: fug_my_shid_ub.png (84 KB, 773x591) Image search: [Google]
fug_my_shid_ub.png
84 KB, 773x591
>>25241743

This only works for like 10 seconds. There is no escape. No light at the end of the tunnel.
>>
>tfw tinnitus
>tfw visual snow
>tfw extreme depression and anxiety
>tfw antidepressants worsen my tinnitus so i cant be on them
>tfw perpetually sleep deprived
just die in my sleep already
>>
File: wowstop.png (208 KB, 361x691) Image search: [Google]
wowstop.png
208 KB, 361x691
To all the imbeciles that suggest tinnitus appears because of something you did to your ears: It's not like that at all. Tinnitus is a symptom of all kinds of ear-related disorders. I just lost a part of my hearing in my left ear and got tinnitus to go with it this summer. Doctors are stumped. That shit apparently just happens to some people, with currently unknown causes. Shit in your body can break, get used to that idea.
>>
>>25242290
>visual snow

>on toilet
>pushing hard
>suddenly see flies flying all over the place
>seconds later they vanish
>it was just an illusion

is this visual snow?
>>
I got tinnitus from taking a shit. I must have been pushing too hard when I felt the pressure change in my ears and then as I stood up it started ringing. Luckily its pretty quiet so I can ignore it all day
>>
>>25239499
>read this thread
>start hearing faint ring
>get annoyed
>ringing gets louder
god dammit /r9k/. i hate you.
>>
My friend's dad has it so fucking bad that even at some type of speech his ears will begin bleeding a lot.
>>
File: solution.jpg (585 KB, 1600x1136) Image search: [Google]
solution.jpg
585 KB, 1600x1136
I drown it out by playing louder.
>>
>>25242887
>you can always see your nose, your brain is just ignoring it
>you are now breathing manually
>your tongue is uncomfortable in your mouth
>it's been a while since you swallowed
>you are now blinking manually
>you are now existing manually
>>
I think I have it, but I only notice it when I smoke the herb and am in complete silence.

Its really annoying, but I am happy I noticed it before it became unbearable.

You guys have it bad enough that you can hear ringing even if there is other, outside noise?
>>
>>25242486
I see pixel sized dots appear and move slightly throughout the day, is that what you mean?

I am not talking about "floaters", as I heard them refereed to. I get those much less frequently. They kinda appear and disappear when I attempt to look at them.
>>
>>25239728
>When I was a kid dad took me to memphis
>Was holding me next to an amp, went off. Lel
>Also forgot ear pro once while shooting
>gramps wanted to shoot anyway
>>
I've had for a while but it's gotten worse recently. I can't fucking sleep anymore. I want to die
>>
Who /labyrinthitis/ here?
>>
File: 85198189.gif (1 MB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
85198189.gif
1 MB, 680x680
>>25239499
I usually don't even notice it unless something reminds me of it, thanks asshole

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MAKE IF FUCKING STOP
>>
whats it like not having tinnitus? do you want to die less?
>>
how do i stop the ringing besides a bullet?
>>
>>25242397

Visual snow is like the static on a TV overlayed over everything you see.

You don't really notice it unless it's very bright or very dark.
>>
CURE FUCKING WHEN

I CAN'T ACCEPT THAT MY HEARING IS FUCKED FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>25239499
start wearing earplugs really helped me
>>
>>25244001
There is no way. We are expected to "just live with it brah"
>>
File: 1284653190236.jpg (11 KB, 252x221) Image search: [Google]
1284653190236.jpg
11 KB, 252x221
>2013
>attempt to be a normalfag by going on a spring break trip to Cancun
>first few days were pretty awesome, getting drunk all day and going to a new club every night
>everyone is friendly because everyone is drunk, feels good man, not a care in the world, having tons of fun
>clubs are loud as shit but whatever I'll get used to it, friend I'm with tells me "you're just not used to clubbing"
>3rd day in notice ringing in my ears, figure it will go away
>look it up online and learn about tinnitus, might be permanent, fuck
>try to find ear plugs but fucking mexicans don't have jack shit in their country, no pharmacy for miles
>stuff kleenex in my ears in an attempt at makeshift earplugs
>gets fucking stuck in my ears, ears are still ringing and now have kleenex stuck in them
>get home from trip, go to see doctor who painfully flushes my ears with water to get it out
>ears hurt like hell, ringing loudly, go to the hospital multiple times because hurts like fucking hell
>countless doctors tell me there's nothing they can do, give me painkillers
>be suicidal for the rest of the year

>mfw this was nearly 3 years ago and I still have tinnitus

honestly how do normalfags do this whole clubbing thing?
>>
FUCKING NORMIES OFRCE THEIR CHILDREN ITO LOUD ENVIROMET FOR LIFE

FUCK HIGH SCHOOL BAND
RRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>25244040
>3 years

I have had it since childhood
I have forgotten what true silence feels like
I have to leave the window open at nights to not be in silence
earplugs make it sound louder
cant wear my headphones unless there is some sound coming from it
>>
Got it in my left ear from shooting without ear protection
>>
I have had it for like 2-3 years most of the time i'm use to it and can ignore it but some times i want to cut my ear off .

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>25239778
>>25239728

I'm pretty sure I have Meniere's disease or something similar. The first time I got really bad symptoms the doctor said I probably had an inner ear infection that damaged some shit up in there, like my cochlear nerve or something.

My symptoms have gotten way better though. They usually only flare up when I have a sinus infection or have low blood sugar, and then it's virtigo and tinnitus city.
>>
>>25244115
I sleep with an air purifier pointed directly at my face, feels good man, and the white noise is nice
>>
>>25244398
doesnt that fuck up your eyes?
dry skin?
dry eyes?
>>
>have tinnitus and a psychosis
>gf breaks up

Oh come on give me a fucking break
>>
Had it for a few years. I dont remember any specific event which set it off, just seemed to gradually become apparent over the years.

Also it's technically impossible to experience true silence.
>>
>>25244503
It's just a gentle breeze, and I usually cover my eyes when I sleep anyway
>>
>>25244025

I think they damaged my eardrums because I shoved them in too forcefully
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.