[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i ask out a girl that i have been friends with for a couple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 14
File: drunk frog.png (34 KB, 809x808) Image search: [Google]
drunk frog.png
34 KB, 809x808
how do i ask out a girl that i have been friends with for a couple years. we get lunches together and we even saw a movie together once but i want to make it clear it's a date this time. also has to be over text unfortunately, unless i invite her to a friendly lunch first then ask her out then, since we don't work with each other or see each other normally.

also how do i get over the horrible anxiety related to getting rejected
>>
how long have you guys been friends
>>
File: 1447050731941.jpg (64 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1447050731941.jpg
64 KB, 500x375
i can just smell it coming from your post that she won't feel the same about you

something about it. maybe from reading a myriad of posts similar to yours in the past

you're at a crossroads right now I think where you want to make things clear yet still want her presence because the friendship is still great or some gay shit like that so you feel stuck (on top of anxiety about getting rejected)

unless you don't give a fuck about the friendship and willing to risk things getting weird then go for it

merry xmas u fucking faggot
>>
File: mC7cTyN3.jpg (32 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
mC7cTyN3.jpg
32 KB, 512x512
>friends for a couple years

I'm sorry anon

I think you're too late
>>
>>25238548
like 3yrs

>>25238553
the worst thing is i did this with another girl, literally same situation, asked her out over the phone and got rejected. shit was terrible. so i should just not risk it this time eh
>>
File: lel.png (90 KB, 440x339) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
90 KB, 440x339
i dont want to be a pessimist, but if you've been friends with her for more than a month, she will most likely only see you as a friend. And seeing as you state for a couple years there's a very little chance that she sees you as anything else. But if you want to go for it anyways just be straight forward dont pull some autistic way to ask her out. If she says no then that's how the leaves fall and move on with life man.
>>
>>25238580
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRCNeBjrFuc this is what i mean by "dont pull some autistic way"
>>
>>25238580
im 90% sure you're right. if i do ask her out what should i say to make it clear it's a date? has to be over text which i know is already autism tier
>>
File: lHxzkbZ.png (135 KB, 360x362) Image search: [Google]
lHxzkbZ.png
135 KB, 360x362
>>25238617
if you're going to ask her out, be really pithy. keep a firm and confident composure and practice what you want to say if you have extreme anxiety. although it is a risk my space robot, perhaps the girl will acknowledge you are willing to take the risk. from personal experience and just the psychology of a girl however, you have a very poor chance that she sees you as a mate.
>>
>>25238505
you drink shit tons of red wine with her
>>
>>25238580
this. most girls that have ever liked me decided they did within 2 days or even less then thAt.

>inb4 normie
>>
>>25238505
Man just tell her, if she doesnt feel the same either tell her you cant be friends, or enjoy the FZ... Wait all you want, it'll never be your time, she will always be looking for someone that "Treats me like you do" or "I wish I could find a boyfriend like you"
>>
File: paris pepe.jpg (240 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
paris pepe.jpg
240 KB, 1024x768
>>25238646
yeah last time i did it i was struggling through words, and she was actually surprised i asked her out and only saw me as a friend. guess all i can do is try. i know ill probably be rejected but i want to stop being scared of being rejected.
>>
It's a gamble.

If you do it and she says yes, you'll be the happiest man alive.
If you do it and she says no, you'll ruin an amazing friendship. She'll never see you the same way.

I had the latter happen and it's fucking awful. She was my best friend.

It's up to you. Life is about decisions and risks.
>>
>>25238505
It's fucking simple, OP.

You say, "hey, listen, would you be interested in going out on a date one time?"

Done.
>>
>>25238505
>trying to climb up from the friend zone abyss

Might as well helium yourself out of your misery
>>
i have 2 options, text her to hang out and watch star wars or whatever then ask her on a date face-to-face, or just straight up text her and ask her out on a date that way. i have no idea what to say in the text or what to say in real life that wouldn't be awfully awkward and emphasizes i mean a real date
>>
>>25238697
First one. Second way is for pussies.
>>
>>25238697
either is fine but make it extremely obvious it's a date. dont just say "hey wanna hang out". like i said be pithy. a good "Hey would you like to go on a date with me" would be fine like >>25238685
stated
>>
>>25238719
also dont text her if you want to date, you want to bring your message out with a confident posture backing it up
>>
>>25238756
>>25238705
and if she says no it's awkwardly hanging in the air the rest of the time we're hanging out though?
>>
>>25238779
ask it at the very end you doofus

be like "i had a great time today. hey, i was wondering..."
>>
>>25238779
yes, but that's a risk that you need to be willing to take. women enjoy men who are willing to take what they think are risks and confidently as well. this is perhaps the only chance of her changing her perspective on dating you, albeit a very little chance
>>
>>25238814
a little charisma and energy along with the confidence also increases the chances, but being confidence in itself is the most imporant. meaning try not to stutter 1000 times, make direct eye contact, stand straight etc
>>
>>25238505

If you value her friendship then don't risk it, but if you're willing to lose her friendship then go for it
>>
>>25238866
essentially this. however the odds aren't really in your favor. if you're gonna go for it, hope that she's a chill female and would disregard her rejecting you to affect your friendship.
>>
File: spike.gif (160 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
spike.gif
160 KB, 500x270
man this thread is opening up some old friendzone wounds

>best friend was a girl from my neighborhood
>we were friends for years and spent a ton of time together
>i'm a fucking 3/10 at this point, i'm fat, greasy, a late bloomer, and i have nasty long hair
>she's realistically like a 6 but she was a 9 in my eyes because of how much i liked her
>16 years old high school sophomore year
>man up, it's now or never
>ask her on a date
>she straight up tells me to my face "no, i'd date you if you were more attractive but it's okay because we're friends!" or to that affect
>DEVASTATION
>we slowly drift apart, that's what happens when you gamble friendship and lose
>eventually get to the point where we just don't talk
>years of friendship and trust washed away like footprints on a beach or some shit
>she moves away the next year
>6 years later
>puberty did me good
>hit the gym, cleaned myself up, better clothes, no acne, stronger face, fresh haircut
>went from a 3/10 to a light 7
>secretly hope every day of my life that i'll see her again and i can rub it in her fucking face
>>
File: pain.jpg (113 KB, 600x766) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
113 KB, 600x766
>>25238505
Have you been actual, genuine friends with this girl for years, and only recently started to have feelings for her?

Or did you have feelings for her all along and you were too much of a bitch to make your interest known and risk rejection, so instead you lingered around in a false friendship in order to be near her, every moment of which has been a self-inflicted hell of unrequited emotional torment for you.

Or has she known all along that you liked her all along and she just likes keeping you as a pet for the attention you give her?

These are the three types of friendzone. Which type are you in?

Anything other than the first type means you have zero chances of mating this season
>>
>>25238505
>>25238866
If you have any friends that are guys(actual males not some trans fucks) then tell her, otherwise, I mean value her friendship... cause, thats all you are getting. I am sure you love her, more than a friend, no chance of her loving you back unless you tell her. I mean, some girls just need to know that someone likes them, otherwise they search for people that are not friends.
>>
File: 437.jpg (15 KB, 405x720) Image search: [Google]
437.jpg
15 KB, 405x720
>>25238685
This is the only real answer
>>
>>25238933
again this. if it's the third option, i wouldnt worry about keeping the friendship, id get the fuck out of there immediately.
>>
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 105x94) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 105x94
Sorry anon, she's been keeping you as a pet for year. There's no way she will want to go out with you.
>>
File: wikinow.png (458 KB, 750x613) Image search: [Google]
wikinow.png
458 KB, 750x613
Alright guys. I'm gonna do it.

i hope i don't fuck up. ill ask her to hang out tomorrow and get lunch/watch something and if she says yes, ill ask her on a date at the end of that

wish me luck
>>
>>25239272
Godspeed bro

Just make sure you're absolutely clear it's a date and not just "going out". That way there can be no spaghetti when you go to kiss her and she awkwardly turns it into a hug
>>
>>25239272
good luck space robot. and merry christmas you marvelous bastard
>>
>>25239291
and yes to this
>>
i got rejected once. never gonna feel that again. dont play their game. make them come to YOU.
>>
>>25239369
this is the complete opposite of what you want to do
>>
File: 1428153822517.jpg (61 KB, 563x512) Image search: [Google]
1428153822517.jpg
61 KB, 563x512
>>25239369
and hows that working out
>>
>>25239369
>i got rejected once. never gonna feel that again

Jesus Christ you're pathetic. Does your mommy tuck you in at night too?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.