[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else here really weirded out by the human face? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 433x491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 433x491
Is anyone else here really weirded out by the human face? It's just so weird looking and with everything from ear wax to receding hairlines everything it does is unsettling. How do I not be like this? I can't even look in the mirror anymore
>Inb4 stop doing drugs
I'm sober and don't do drugs/drink
>>
>>25236921
Interesting, I feel the same sometimes. Normally I see, well, people, but from time to time will have those moment of lucidity and think 'what the fuck, this is just an uneven piece of flesh with a plenty of holes in'. Actually creepy. Kind of feels as if you saw a bug with feelers and mandibles and so on in another person for a moment.
>>
>>25236965
Exactly. I constantly feel like I'm on another planet and everything just confuses me. It's really starting to fuck with my daily life cause i feel constantly detached from everything and everyone around me
>>
File: 1433112886937.jpg (19 KB, 312x311) Image search: [Google]
1433112886937.jpg
19 KB, 312x311
>inb4 stop doing drugs
TOPKEK AH AH AH AH AH THAT PIC
>>
>>25236987
Just an idea, but maybe that's connected to that depersonalization/derealization syndrome that's mentioned from time to time. From what I've heard about it, it would be the only condition I'm willing to try drugs to induce.
>>
I find it mysterious and confusing.

I am face blind and a diagnosed autist.
>>
>>25236921
You'd probably like Jean-Paul Sartre's stuff.
>>
>>25237045
I actually started getting all of this depersonalization feeling stuff after I had a really bad trip so can confirm. It works. Not sure if you want it though. It sucks. Ever since my bad acid trip I haven't had as strong of a grip on reality and it gets confusing sometimes. It's like I had to kinda relearn a lot of stuff that came obvious before. Like for example my internal clock basically broke for like 6 months after my trip and I had to like learn how to use it again
>>25237069
What's his stuff like?
>>
>>25237226
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bQsZxDQgzU
>>
>>25237045
No, you don't want that.

>>25237226
Same, bad trip bro. The doctors gave me a nice IV sedative after the cops took me to the hospital though.
>>
Ears are fucking weird. I always forget they exist and when I finally notice them I can't stop noticing them gnomesayin
>>
>>25237255
>No, you don't want that.

And how can you know that? Maybe I'm aware that I'm constantly attracted to human faces and voices and I hate that, knowing that I'd rather see them as wallflowers that I am free to ignore. How do you know?
>>
File: image.jpg (256 KB, 590x590) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
256 KB, 590x590
>>25237255
Holy crap you also got arrested and went to the hospital?? That's crazy! What happened? My friends and I were 16 and took too much acid at an amusement park and basically we all went nuts and I was convinced I was dead and somehow the cops got involved and we got arrested and then my parents came and picked me up bad took me to the hospital and I think they must've given me Xanax or something because after that I calmed down. But before that I was freaking the fuck out, I had completely detached from reality and I was absolutely terrified. I'd never want anyone to experience what I went through that day, nobody deserves that
>>
>>25237288
I don't think that's would be the end result if you had a drug incuced depersonalization thing. It's just scary
>>
>>25237288
You can't possibly experience full derealization and feel free to ignore people.

You can only get some odd feeling where you'll look at people and think "something isn't right" and have a constant feeling of mild dread.

>>25237316
Basically that, except I was 17, I wasn't technically arrested, and it was at a friend's house. But yeah, I detached from reality, thought I was dying, and the couple hours between the trip turning bad and the IV administration felt like weeks.
>>
>>25237251
Oh wow that's nuts I never knew all of that stuff was considered existentialism. That part about eating dinner cracked me up cause me and a friend used to do that shit when we were stoned. For example, breaking into someone's home and then getting arrested would be a lot like "because you walked into a box that wasn't your box now have to sit in another box for some time and think about things until you've learned your lesson"
>>
>>25237455
Damn that's crazy our trips were really similar. Scary shit haha. I've been a lot better now in the past years but for a long time I was fucked. I still can't smoke weed anymore. Also I feel you on that constant slight feeling of dread, it sucks
>>
>>25237574
Haha, did the weed trigger it for you too? I was having a great time until I smoked a joint. Turned there.
>>
>>25237634
Yeah I can't smoke weed it just gives me anxiety now
>>
I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem.

Do you also think it's strange that people smile? I mean, in nature animals show their teeth to scare other animals so why is it normal for humans to do it to appear friendly?

Especially when we consider the fact that the mouth is used to eat and that even a clean one is still full of bacteria, which would cause an infection if someone bit you.
>>
>>25238358
Right??!! Or like what's up with the sup nods. Or facial hair
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.