[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>calories in, calories out bro. That's all there is to it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 18
File: fedora.png (51 KB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
fedora.png
51 KB, 370x370
>calories in, calories out bro. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>25233733
ok lmao
>>
File: come on now.jpg (15 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
come on now.jpg
15 KB, 600x375
>>25233733
Well it's true. Sure it might ignore some of the psychological issues that cause obesity like food addiction/depression but if you burn more calories than you consume you WILL lose weight.
Whether or not you're able to do it is another matter entirely.
>>
>>25233802
It's not true you retarded normie fuck. Jump off a bridge.
>>
>>25233819
>my body defies physics
Fat piece of shit.
>>
>>25233819
Stay delusional, fatty
>>
>>25233819
you're just tubby, learn to deal with it or shut up about it.
>>
>I do weighted dips
>>
>>25233819
>>25233733

Although it's sometimes not completely true (psychiatric meds and alcohol slow the metabolism and certain health conditions may do that also) it is a good rule of thumb.

Im not a normie by any means.

I lost also lost 20 pounds in 2 months just by not drinking soda or beer.
>>
>>25233915
>>25233947
>>25233950
Who the fuck are you cocksuckers, health experts?
Shut your fucking mouths.
>>
>>25234048

It's still calories in calories out. Nothing except death changes it.
>>
>>25234063
If you shut your mouth once in a while you wouldn't be in this predicament
>>
>>25234076
It's hard to predict the multiplier if you use drugs or have a health issue.
>>
>>25234090
Anon it's not okay to send people to the burn ward on christmas.
>>
>>25234090
If you knew what the fuck you were talking about you wouldn't spew bullshit out of your mouth
>>
File: fattiebtfo.jpg (32 KB, 633x348) Image search: [Google]
fattiebtfo.jpg
32 KB, 633x348
Whatever you need to tell yourself, kiddo.
>>
File: tfw_fat.gif (15 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
tfw_fat.gif
15 KB, 633x758
I would recommend eating 1 huge meal a day, and supplement that with at least 18 beers. You will start losing weight in a week you stupid fat fuck
>>
File: 1411403442000.jpg (913 KB, 1218x2643) Image search: [Google]
1411403442000.jpg
913 KB, 1218x2643
>>25234044
I do weighted dips and pull-ups. Is there something I should know about them? Is this bad?
>>
>>25233819
it's true in almost every case except when taking antipsychotics or hormones.

even then it's still true, just impossible to know what your calories out value will be so you will assuredly gain weight. some antipsychotics will preferentially store fat in certain places and only burn from others, as well.

calories in calories out is always true, but sometimes (common on this website because of how many fucked up people we have) it is unreasonable to assume such simple statements are good enough to live by.
>>
File: 1449979159127.jpg (20 KB, 341x423) Image search: [Google]
1449979159127.jpg
20 KB, 341x423
>>25234126
Yes I'm sure you have a "thyroid condition"

Kill yourself you fucking moron.
>>
>>25234211
I literally do, insensitive fuck. It's hereditary
>>
>>25234242
You have weak genes. They are unfit to survive. Do not breed.
>>
>>25234242
Then you shouldn't breed.
>>
>>25234242
Just stop eating you fat fuck. Or does your lard materialize out of the ether?
>>
>>25233733
>tumblr tier OP blames genetics
>>
>>25234263
>>25234271
>>25234292
Fuck off /fit/. Fucking normalfag chads
>>
>>25234263
>>25234271
The true fedora tippers, straight from /pol/ or /r/eugenics.

>>25234292
>Just stop eating you fat fuck. Or does your lard materialize out of the ether?
It's really not that easy for people with thyroid conditions. It is basically impossible for them to figure out what their "calories out" value will be on a day to day basis, and just not eating is suicide.

I understand you hate fat people for trying to claim all kinds of bullshit as the reason why they're fat, when the real reason is actually just they eat too much and like shit, but don't denigrate people with these conditions you clearly don't understand.
>>
>>25233819
does your body literally defy themodynamics? If so get yourself to CERN as fast as your fat miraculous ass will take you!
>>
>>25234206
It's only unreasonable for donut lifters. Maybe I should just live off of antipsychotics, since they're this magical item that keeps people fat forever no matter what they eat.
>>
Put down the fucking form you fat shit. Skip meals and don't snack.
>>
>>25234422
*fork
>>
>>25234396
>It's only unreasonable for donut lifters. Maybe I should just live off of antipsychotics, since they're this magical item that keeps people fat forever no matter what they eat.
You don't understand the metabolic side effects of antipsychotics despite them being extremely well documented. You refuse to understand them because it would shatter your worldview that any and all fat people are fat solely as a product of their own decision, with absolutely no outside influence.

Continue to live in your glass castle. Reality will be waiting for you when you decide to wake up.
>>
>>25234342
How about this: write down what you eat, and keep it to 1000 calories a day for two weeks. Weigh yourself before and after.

MUH THYROID

MUH BLOOD SHUGURS

MUH ECTOMORPHS

MUH THYROID

MUH BONES

Your magical thinking is total nonsense.
>>
>>25234342
My mom has those issues with her thyroid and she isn't fat. Don't pull that bullshit. Stop eating so much you filthy swine
>>
>>25234444
Don't forget to get extra dipping sauce, jiggles
>>
>>25234472
>How about this: write down what you eat, and keep it to 1000 calories a day for two weeks.
People with thyroid conditions can easily burn less than 1000 calories per day. You cannot generalize it that easily.

You would have a better argument if you brought up the fact that thyroid hormone is covered by even Medicaid and there isn't really a good reason for someone with a shot thyroid to not have the hormones, but you didn't, because you're stupid.

>>25234486
Your anecdotal evidence doesn't disprove my well documented and supported argument.

>>25234494
memes
>>
>>25234328
>wahh making a simple list is too hard, following it is even harder wahh

>>25234342
>Implying /r9k/ is more liberal than /pol/

Honestly ask yourself if these people deserve to live. These malcontent maggots that weigh 500 pounds and refuse to change yet constantly complain about problems. People who refuse to take care of themselves should never be taken care of by others.
Smells a lot like normies in here
>>
>>25234514
Stop eating for a week or so. Your body will use your fat reserves
>>
>>25233733
>>25233802
>just talk to her bro. That's all there is to it.

>Well it's true. Sure it might ignore some of the psychological issues that cause isolation like autism/depression but if you talk to enough girls you WILL find a gf.
>Whether or not you're able to do it is another matter entirely.
>>
>>25234514
Ok. 500 calories. Prove me right.

But you won't. Because mashing the keys with your sausages is easier.

This has been a stressful conversation! I think you've earned TWO desserts today.
>>
>>25234554
>Stop eating for a week or so. Your body will use your fat reserves
Yes, force the fatties to do something I seriously doubt you or any of the other "fathaters" in this thread could do.
>just stop eating for a whole week bro! you'll live because of the fat! who needs nutrients lol!
>>
>>25234514
>fat faggot desperate to believe his pantry of junk food is "genetics"
>>
>>25234582
>>who needs nutrients lol!

>implying you get any nutrients on your donut and potato chip diet anyway
>>
Before this site and /fit/'s memes I never actually thought that fat people made nonfats insecure about their stupidity. It's bizarre and pathetic.
>>
>>25234582
Bitch, I skip meals all the time. Back then people didn't always get three meals a day with snacks in between and they were fine. At the very least don't snack.
>>
>>25234582
NURSE! THIS PATIENT IS CRITICALLY LOW ON VITAMIN CINNABON! GET A MELTED CHEESE IV GOING, STAT!

You're gonna make it, jiggles! Don't go thin on me! DON'T GO THIN ON ME!!!
>>
>>25234575
>>Ok. 500 calories. Prove me right.
Eating 500 calories per day for multiple weeks is extraordinarily difficult for any human, and I seriously doubt you could do it if tasked with it. It is akin to telling people with no climbing experience to simply climb Mt. Everest.

Like I said, most fatfucks are fat because of their own choices, and many will claim muh genetics, or muh thyroid, but those that actually, verifiably do have thyroid issues or take antipsychotics like Zyprexa or Risperdal will not be able to follow the simple advice you give because it is not that simple an issue.

>>25234632
>Bitch, I skip meals all the time.
Go then. Stop eating for a weak and tell me how long you last. I would bet $1000 that you don't last more than 3 days.
>>
>>25234126
>>25234102
>>25234119
>>25234090
>>25234102
Faggots
Kill yourselves
Goodbye
>>
>>25234663
Of course I wouldnt. I don't have gigantic fat reserves.
>>
>posting in a troll thread
Im glad my autism is low enough to resist the urge, but its tempting...
>>
>>25234663
I love how eating a little less isn't enough to make any difference, and eating less than that is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBRU OMG
>>
>>25234705
Trolling is a lost art. Everyone is pretending to be retarded now.
>>
>>25234689
>Of course I wouldnt. I don't have gigantic fat reserves.
Assuming you're some /fit/ browser with plenty of muscles (I'm sure you aren't, as the majority of fathaters are not), you have plenty of muscle to burn. Muscle will be catabolized just as much as the fat in a 500lb obese person.

You have the energy reserves to make it a weak, so go. Do it. When you have made it through the week, you will be entitled to tell fatfucks to just starve for a week because you were able to do it.

Until then, stop spouting your shit. You know damn well it is almost impossible for any human to go that long without eating.
>>
>>25234689
>>>25234663
>Of course I wouldnt. I don't have gigantic fat reserves.
>nearly 2016
>not having fat reserves.
What the fuck are you going to do when it's time to hibernate you dumb fuck?
>>
>>25234708
>I love how eating a little less isn't enough to make any difference, and eating less than that is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBRU OMG
Sure, eating less will make a difference. You will gain the weight slower. It isn't completely useless, but eating less means eating maybe 1200-1500 calories per day, not 500 or 0.

It's not physically impossible. Even most of the skeletons you see posted here could go a week without eating from a solely biological standpoint if nutrients were supplemented outside of food.

I would bet money on not one of the people that post fathate being able to last longer than 3 days without food.
>>
>>25234737
Three weeks. That is roughly how long of a time it is "impossible" for a human to go without eating. This is because 3 weeks is roughly how long it would take to die of starvation. One week would suck, but be doable.
>>
>>25234737
I'm skinny fat. I have no muscle definition and my arms are thin and mushy. I engage in no physical excersise
>>
>>25234798
>One week would suck, but be doable.
I already said it's perfectly possible from a biological and physiological standpoint.

I seriously doubt any fathate poster could do it. It is mental torture to any human, not just fatfucks, to starve for that long. It is fucking torture for most humans to go longer than 12-16 hours without food.

So if you are one of the fags that likes to post JUST STOP EATING LMAO, then go and do it yourself. Prove that it's doable if you have the willpower.
>>
I'll stop eating for as long as you pay me in coke.
>>
File: bmi-chart.png (90 KB, 852x738) Image search: [Google]
bmi-chart.png
90 KB, 852x738
Just dropping this off for you all to peruse at your leisure.
>>
>>25234785
Jiggles, it isn't digital. There's a difference between eating less every day until you can wear brands other than Coleman, and NOT EATING FOR THREE DAYS. You're setting up an either/or where none exists.

You can be as fat as you want. But until you make a connection between the Stuffinmuhfaceification process and the fat that spills over each side of the toilet seat, you're gonna be a chub
>>
>>25234832
I fast for three days every month. I could probably go longer, but I have a physical job and it takes its toll on me.
>>
>>25234865
>slightly underweight
Meh. Guess I'll eat a bit more every meal.
>>
>>25234832
no one is saying to no eat any food at all you deluded fatass. But limiting your calorie intake is ENTIRELY possible and MARGINALLY easier than starving yourself for real.
>>
It feels nice eating what I want when I want and not concerning myself with how others look or how they live their life
>>
>>25234890
>NOT EATING FOR THREE DAYS. You're setting up an either/or where none exists.
People were unable to argue the thyroid/antipsych metabolic effects, so they said fatfucks should just stop eating for a week. That's why I brought it up.
>But until you make a connection between the Stuffinmuhfaceification process and the fat that spills over each side of the toilet seat, you're gonna be a chub
It's like you can't read. I have already said that most fatties, probably 90%+, are fat because of facestuffing and no self control. The other 10% actually have reasons for being fat, and just screaming CALORIES IN CALORIES OUT BRUH is not going to help them.
>>
>>25234916
THATS INPOSSIBRU

For you to gain weight you'd have to EAT EVERY MOMENT, and NO HUMAN CAN DO THAT
>>
>>25234663
Not him but I'm about to go anorexic I've been slowly slowing down my calorie count and I'm feeling shitty because I'm at parents house and I'm overeating aka eating 2000 calories each day and it sucks I can't tell them not to eat out without giving them a valid reason so yeah if not anorexic it'll be around 500-750 calories a day

Seriously go look at thinspo on fa
>>
>>25234928
>no one is saying to no eat any food at all you deluded fatass.
see >>25234575 and >>25234554. This is literally what some people think fat people should do despite not being able to do it themselves even with "smaller" appetites.
>But limiting your calorie intake is ENTIRELY possible and MARGINALLY easier than starving yourself for real.
Yes, and in some cases, like thyroid deficiency and antipsychotic use, limiting your calorie intake to a reasonable amount, like 1200-1500, will not be enough!
>>
>>25234938
Nothing external can help them. They think a tiny calorie-free pill is giving them jelly rolls. Nothing I could say could convince them otherwise.
>>
>>25234865
BMI is utter bullshit anon, it isn't meant for measuring actual obesity and fails to take into account the simple fact that muscle weighs more than fat, it is not a useful barometer of health.
>>
Whole wheat spaghetti is cheaper and healthier than ramen.
Frozen fruits/vegetables are cheaper and healthier than fresh.

Cut back financially on your diet and if you don't lose weight, you'll still save money and feel healthier. Hell, you could even live off of mcdonalds and banquet tv dinners and as long as you have vegetables on the side, you'll feel full.
>>
>>25234969
Here's an easier solution. Kill yourself.
>>
>>25234981
Only bullshit for people who build muscle. Totally adequate for sit-around types.
>>
>>25234981
But its accurate if you aren't lifting weights or are doing manual labor every day

Stay mad fatty
>>
>>25234997
Even then, it makes a lot of assumptions and durhurhur, the answer that requires the least amount of assumptions will likely be right.
>>
File: 1432847768230.png (12 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1432847768230.png
12 KB, 560x407
Just don't eat as much shit and you'll lose weight.

Sure, you won't get swole unless you work out but anything's better than being a lardlord.
>>
>280 lb hamplanet
>start eating less
>lost 10 pounds in a month doing nothing else

just fucking do it you autistic fucks. quit making up shitty excuses and get on it
>>
File: lGiX9Fr.png (17 KB, 626x624) Image search: [Google]
lGiX9Fr.png
17 KB, 626x624
>>25234981
BMI is a useful tool in determining your health risks. If you are Ronnie Coleman, feel free to disregard this message.
>>
>>25234342
>find a TDEE estimator online
>Eat x calories a day for a week
>if after a few weeks, you haven't lost a pound, x := x-100

SCIENCE

if you have a thyroid condition, knock 200 calories off what ever the online calculator gives you.

Use myfitnesspal to track calories.

Losing weight is simple, not always easy, but simple none the less.
>>
I used to weigh 290 and I dieted by eating a single hamburger helper a day. A year and a half later I'm down to 200. I don't eat 'helper' anymore, I just eat whatever the fuck I want within my limits. It takes some small amount of willpower, especially at first, but it gets easier and easier. Sometimes I feel like I don't even need to eat at all anymore. My sense of hunger is basically gone.
>>
File: 023,6 - Copy - Copy.jpg (63 KB, 391x483) Image search: [Google]
023,6 - Copy - Copy.jpg
63 KB, 391x483
>>25235002
>Fatty
d-don't be mean, anon. I-I'm not fat
Right?
>>
>>25234970
>Nothing external can help them. They think a tiny calorie-free pill is giving them jelly rolls. Nothing I could say could convince them otherwise.
Go spend 10 minutes reading about the well documented weight gain side effects of a few antipsychotics and come back. Here are some search terms to get you started
metabolic effect of zyprexa
metabolic effect of clozapine
metabolic effect of risperidone
antipsychotic weight gain mechanism
etc.
If you still think in such simple terms as "they think a calorie free pill is giving them jelly rolls," then I will just stop responding to you, but it is evident you are too stupid to understand the subject matter, or you are trolling. It is perfectly, perfectly fucking possible for those medications to cause someone who has maintained a healthy diet and weight for YEARS to suddenly gain 20-80lbs in under 2 months. Not only do these medicines have metabolic side effects, but they make you ravenously hungry. As hungry as a normal person might be at the end of a 3-4 day fast, but all the time.

You probably couldn't last a 3 day fast in the first place, and yet you expect these people to fast for a week, or eat basically nothing (500cal) for multiple weeks, when they are constantly feeling like they're about to starve to death?

No, antipsychotics are often not prescribed with appetite suppressants.

>>25234990
I tip my fedora to you, my friend!
>>
>>25235018
Right. If fat, then eats too much. Least amount of assumptions.
>>
>>25235026
your losses level out over time though because you body adjusts to less calories
just work out desu senpai
>>
Hello, FATposter.

I have:
Hashimoto's thyroiditis, where my thyroid is being systematically flayed by my immune system. This impairs everything from motivation, behaviour, digestion, joints etc.

Fibromyalgia, self explanatory from the above.

And all it took to lose weight was to stop being a greedy fat self indulgent piece of shit and put less objects into my mouth per year.

I went from 271 to 148 at 5'10 in just over a year and a half without an excercize regieme, just limited myself to 1000 a day and tried to eat good, nutritious shit if I could afford it, but couldnt at the start.

The self punishment was grueling but it's worth it as a skill to have over yourself.

Anything else is fatty splaining bullshit.
>>
>>25235071
Nice tits, girl. Do you have a kik?
>>
ITT: self-loathing whales and skinnyfags
>>
>>25235056
>knock 200 calories off what ever the online calculator gives you.
t. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I have nothing more to say but lol at your post. You seriously believe what you just wrote.

Fuck me people are dumb.
>>
>>25235058
>Hamburger helper

Shit nigger what are you doing, why not just buy whole wheat pasta and ground beef and add alfredo sauce or whatever from a jar? You get ripped off for the price and it's all salt.
>>
>>25235071
Are you a tranny, a man with gyno or a woman with no tits?

I have no idea
>>
File: 023,6 - Copy.jpg (46 KB, 388x480) Image search: [Google]
023,6 - Copy.jpg
46 KB, 388x480
>>25235094
>girl
What kind of fucking normalfag uses kik....
>>
>>25235108
bruh OP says his body consumes less than 1000 calories, nobody in this thread knows what they're talking about.

Counting calories works.
>>
>>25235075
Maybe we should distribute these magic weight gain pills to Ethiopia! Then the poor skelly kids could gain a jillion billion pounds
>>
>>25234865
>190 cm 86 kg is overweight
top lel
>>
>>25235130
What kind of fucking man has tits?
>>
>>25235111
Yeah, sodium intake was the reason I stopped eating them.
>>
>>25235145
>Maybe we should distribute these magic weight gain pills to Ethiopia! Then the poor skelly kids could gain a jillion billion pounds
No they won't because THERE IS NO FOOD IN THE FIRST PLACE there. The medicine can't have adverse side effects if you're not fucking eating in the first place.

I see you took no time to read anything about the subject matter, so I will dismiss you as a troll or an idiot; most likely both.

Continue to respond to me if you'd like. I will not respond to you any longer.
>>
>>25235154
>I can't read a chart
>>
>>25235154
Actually, You'll find that that is a BMI of 24 on that chart, which is within the healthy range.
>>
>>25235173
Give it a rest, you fat fuck. Cut down your eating and you'll lose weight.
>>
>>25235173
I enjoyed chewing the fat with you

I liked your magic pill idea this will really help those kids

Remember to get the extra dipping sauce, you've earned a treat for being so good
>>
File: IMG_2578.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2578.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
>>25235162
I'd rather have tits than be a normalfag.
>>25235120
None of the above
>>
>>25235082
>The self punishment was grueling but it's worth it as a skill to have over yourself.
>I went from 271 to 148 at 5'10 in just over a year and a half without an excercize regieme, just limited myself to 1000 a day and tried to eat good, nutritious shit if I could afford it, but couldnt at the start.
Obviously it took you a long time to be able to gather that motivation, else you wouldn't have started at 271lbs. It's not quite as easy as "just stop eating lmao!"

Like you said, it was very fucking difficult to do what you did, yes?
>>
>>25235206
aren't you that gross emanciated neet spic kid

move aside for assbro pls
>>
>>25235238
It was hard but not hard enough to avoid it all my life or become deluded.

And no, one day I was on the toilet and my ass was pinching the seat and I thought 'Wow, I'm fat'.

And that was the first day of weight loss.

Don't make excuses.
>>
>>25235206
>I'd rather have tits than be a normalfag.
>>
File: 0406111621.jpg (151 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
0406111621.jpg
151 KB, 1280x960
>>25235244
>Gross, Emaciated, neet
yes
>spic
No....
I'm that faggot who derails threads and is only memorable as "balls anon".
>>
>>25235200
>>25235186
I lied. This is my last response.
I know you're incapable of reading the subject matter right now, but maybe one day.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/acps.12009/abstract
https://ww1.cpa-apc.org/Publications/Archives/CJP/2006/july/cjp-july-06-newcomer-IR.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2644486/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20620267
http://www.drperlmutter.com/zyprexa-alters-metabolism/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21346617
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2761763/
>>
>>25235075
Or maybe instead of tipping your fedora at me you should hack your genitals off with a hatchet .
>>
>>25235365
g i v e
i t
a
r e s t
f a t t y

All you have to do is eat less and your misery will be over.
>>
>>25234048
A slowed metabolism would make you burn less calories you stupid fuck
>>
>>25235317
>It was hard but not hard enough to avoid it all my life or become deluded.
Yes, you're right. Thyroid conditions that allow you to lose weight at 1000/day are not as severe as I thought.

Why weren't you taking thyroid hormone?

>>25235381
>Or maybe instead of tipping your fedora at me you should hack your genitals off with a hatchet .
I tip my fedora, again, to you, my friend!
>>
>>25235410
Stop it. I'm not autistic
>>
>>25235430
>Stop it. I'm not autistic
Then perhaps you shouldn't spout fedora-tier responses, the kind you would find on /r/eugenics, like "don't breed" or "kill yourself" when faced with someone you don't like.

Sure sounds autistic to me.
>>
Do spooky skeletons get as mad at these threads as fats?
>>
>>25235410
>Thyroid conditions that allow you to lose weight at 1000/day are not as severe as I thought.
http://hypothyroidmom.com/300-hypothyroidism-symptoms-yes-really/

>Why weren't you taking thyroid hormone?
But I was, but with this disease, the symptoms progressively begin to change vital functions of your system, everything from digestion, to white blood cell creation, to blood quality, kidneys ability to clean said blood, pulse, circulation quallity, mental health, vision, it goes on and on.
Treatment for the autoimmune disorder that is HT requires constantly adjustments and checkups.

But the thing is losing weight is much, much easier than living with this, but fatties can't handle being deprived of mouth pleasure for more than three days.

When you live with something to worry about that harms you more than the hunger of not being able to have your next twinky, then losing weight is a piece of piss.
>>
>>25235455
Shut up, jerk.
>>
I hope none of you actually decide to go under 1500 calories a day. Fasting is not a healthy way to lose weight at all. Record what you currently eat on average and aim for 3-500 calories less per day.
>>
>>25235476
Well, you are a success story and a clear example of losing weight with a thyroid condition as still possible. If I said or implied that it is impossible or implausible for people with these conditions to lose weight, then I rescind my statement.

Even so, you admit that it was very difficult, and for a long time you didn't have the motivation or energy to do so.

I still stand by my original claim that CALORIES IN CALORIES OUT LMAO to a person with this kind of condition is not useful. It may be accurate in the most rigid sense, but there is a lot more that goes into someone losing weight with a condition like yours than someone who eats 3000 calories a day for no reason.

Sorry you have to deal with what you do.
>>
Dear fatasses:

1. Research thyroid hormones and get blood tests.
2. Research testosterone/estrogen and get blood tests.
3. Lift weights.
4. Don't eat any carbs. Eat chicken, fish, and calorie free veggies. Hot sauce makes it tasty. You get used to it. No cheating.
5. Take stimulants to block hunger.
6. Bonus: start taking steroids, it's basically risk-free unless you fuck it up like an idiot and don't research first.
>>
>>25235606
You're putting words into my mouth.

My condition is difficult. Controlling my eating was not.

Calories in, calories out is the wisdom I followed years ago.

I didn't sit on the motivation to do it, there wasn't a process of self serving 'I'll do it tommorow', it was just an observation about myself followed by an action to put less things in my mouth, especially sugars etc.

It just looks like youre carefully padding excuses around my reply. The bottom line is energy transfer, calories in, calories out and the psychology is a fat person enjoys pleasure to their mouth more than they enjoy health of the body.

But like many things, one is a complex pleasure (to be healthy) that doesn't directly feed you dopamine and one is a carnal pleasure.

And good that I did too, because years on, I'm now gluten intolerant, lactose intolerant and have a milk protein allergy.
>>
>>25235544
I did 1200/day for 5 months as a 200 lb/ 5'9" man. It's fine as long as you take your vitamins and get plenty of protein. Got down to 165.
>>
>>25235694
>I didn't sit on the motivation to do it, there wasn't a process of self serving 'I'll do it tommorow', it was just an observation about myself followed by an action to put less things in my mouth, especially sugars etc.
You did sit on the motivation for some time, else you would not have started at 271lbs.

>The bottom line is energy transfer, calories in, calories out and the psychology is a fat person enjoys pleasure to their mouth more than they enjoy health of the body.
The bottom line is not everyone is capable of doing what you did. The motivation required to do such a thing while still eating <=1000cal/day and dealing with a disease like Hashimoto's is huge. You can't just expect people to be able to do that after some fag on the internet told them calories in calories out.

Besides, that means resigning yourself to a life of ~1000cal/day for the rest of your miserable, short life. Many would view it as a waste of time when they are already going to die early because of their condition.
>>
>>25235694
Dude but you did not "choose" to lose weight. The universe is entirely devoid of free will. You were only able to make that decision because of the complex interactions between your genes and enviroment. Many robots on here do not posess such genes that allow such "amazing" willpower.

Nigger
>>
ITT: Excuses worthy of a Tumblr Blog
>>
15 pounds overweight here, looking to lose them
are calories in/out the only factor, or do I need to watch my sodium, carb, fat, sugar intake too?
>>
>>25235775
less calories doesn't necessarily mean less food.

the point is that its possible. the only excuse to being obese is "i dont want to"
>>
>>25235874
carbs fat and sugar in the end become calories.

while calorie in calorie out is easy to say. the most important thing is balance, and to figure out how much you eat to maintain your current body weight. when you realize how many calories you eat to stay the same weight, all you have to do is take off that can of soda you drink everyday
>>
>>25235874
Count calories.
Keep protein high.
Eat twice as many servings of veggies as you do meat.
Drink lots of water.
>>
>>25235806
Wrong.

Genes are not inherently excluded from the environment. The entire universe is a deterministic chemical reaction.

Even though everything is predestined, we don't know the outcome and passively declining to exercise your "free will" is one possibility. But choosing to believe in your "free will" and "making your own decisions" is another possibility.

The bottom line is that the knowledge of free will not actually existing is useless and self-terminating. It will not help you at all unless you need solace and support in living an insignificant and unsatisfying life. Which is not a desirable outcome for most people.
>>
If they can invent a pill that makes you gain weight, how about an antipill that makes you lose weight?
>>
>>25236016
>Doesn't know about chaos theroy
>>
>>25234832
>It is fucking torture for most humans to go longer than 12-16 hours without food
Most people could easily sleep for 12 hours during which they are not eating, so you are a fucking idiot
>>
File: How_does_that_make_you_feel.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
How_does_that_make_you_feel.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>25234090
Shit son, that was good.
>>
>>25235874
Salt has no calories. But it will bloat you with water weight and temporarily make you look fatter. Can increase blood pressure in the long term and dehydrate you in the short term.

But salt is one of my lifelines for dieting. It helps get down shitty tasting food.
>>
>>25236075
It is reeeeeeeetarded that you don't know about Chaos Theory
>>
>>25234987
>Frozen fruits/vegetables are cheaper and healthier than fresh.
how are they healthier???
>>
>>25236084
you know damn well he meant waking hours you fucking nigger
>>
>>25236075
Nothing I said disagrees with chaos theory.

Or are you confused and think chaos theory agrees with free will existing?
>>
File: BRR07681.jpg (29 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
BRR07681.jpg
29 KB, 288x216
>>25236059
If only that were possible, bro
>>
>>25236103
if you fast for 24 hours, you dont just count the waking hours, it's 24 consecutive hours, no matter what you are doing. sleeping and napping is great when fasting because it takes your mind off food, and youre usually tired anyway
>>
>>25236158
I think I have the name wrong it was either macro or micro level the predicted outcome didn't happen they couldn't find any pattern it was seemingly complely random.
>>
>all these people asking the most incompetent questions about diet ITT

holy fucking shit

literally just eat basic fucking food like veggies and beans and pasta and shit you fucking retards

literally how can anyone in current year be unhealthy and fat

want to lose weight? fucking eat less food you babbling idiots

go for a fucking run or some shit jesus christ you fucktards honestly deserve to be snuffed out of the fucking gene pool if you're literally this stupid

sage for b8 thread
>>
File: 1423340872074.jpg (28 KB, 491x198) Image search: [Google]
1423340872074.jpg
28 KB, 491x198
>>25234137
>neil smokedegrass tyson
>>
>>25234137
Mike "The Meme" Tyson is my favourite nigress MMA middle weight fighter.
>>
>>25236242
Quantum mechanics? The experiment where having an observer caused different outcomes?

And just because we can't predict it doesn't mean it's random. Might just be too complex to comprehend.
>>
>>25236289
Anon may I ask why you found that twitter reply so witty?
>>
So, the 1500 calories a day diet is a lie?
What do i do?
>>
>>25236369
Choas system:
Complex system that shows sensitivity to initial conditions, such as an economy, a stockmarket, or weather. In such systems any uncertainty (no matter how small) in the beginning will produce rapidly escalating and compounding errors in the prediction of the system's future behavior. To make an accurate prediction of long-term behavior of such systems, the initial conditions must be known in their entirety and to an infinite level of accuracy. In other words, it is impossible to predict the future behavior of any complex (chaotic) system.

I think this is it I'm tired and kind find the ted talk I vaguely remember it was mentioned in I think it was about the economy. Ive heard it other places as well but I can't remember where.
>>
>>25236404
Don't listen to fat asses, actually it is you can eat less then 1500 you'll lose a bit of muscle but you probably didn't have much to begin with
>>
>>25236289

> walls
> artificial

r u high
>>
>>25236404
>So, the 1500 calories a day diet is a lie?

1500 calories a day is quite a lot you fucking retard. Eat like 800 and you'll lose a fuckton of weight in a few weeks.

losing weight is for girls though, you are a girl right?

what kind of overweight guy wants to fucking lose weight? just start lifting and use that autistic retard fat strength to made sick gains
>>
>>25236601
ITT: I CAN'T EAT LESS BECAUSE CHAOS THEORY
>>
>>25236601
How do I get thr the gains? Just trying to lose 15 kilos
>>
>>25234865
>tfw 6'6 370lbs and chart won't tell me if I'm in the red

The answer is probably yes though.
>>
>>25234206
Also keep in mind that cals in/out mainly affects body mass.

You could eat at a deficit and lose only muscle mass. Which would increase BF %. But you would weigh less at least.

Cals in/out decides whether your body is increasing/decreasing mass. But your hormones (mainly) decide how much of that is muscle and how much is fat. This is why steroid users gain more muscle on bulk, and lose less muscle on a cut.
>>
>>25234494

check out how buttblasted this guy is lmao probably a self-hating tubbo
>>
>>25236638
pick shit up and put it down you fucking retard

do you really think posts on 4chan are going to do you more good than extensive research and reading articles?

all i will tell you is don't fall into the fitness industries traps with suplements

if you want to build muscle and get stronger force your body to adapt by doing shit it doesnt normally do

this is basic fucking shit

if you want to lose weight dont eat as much food

basic fucking shit

>>25236637
i mean at the end of the day we live in a society that is designed to make people depressed, unhealthy, and fat

and im pretty fucking okay with that

i was mad about it for a little while

but all Im realizing is that all these incompetent fat fucks are just making it that much easier to be in the top percentile of all men

so maybe I should be promoting all this fat friendly shit so their genes are forever lost to the eternal void like the degenerates they are while functioning humans go on to produce a half-way decent gene pool for future generations
>>
>>25236671
Thinking fat people are unhealthy: mean-spirited oppression

Won't stop drinking corn syrup: CHAOS THEORY, A BUTTERFLY FLAPS IN MEXICO
>>
>>25236732

Why in the world are you having an argument with yourself?

You're not fooling anyone fatty, stop pretending.
>>
>lost 40lbs

fuck it I'm taking a break until january, the food is great this time of year and there's so much booze as long as I don't keep this up for like 3 weeks I should be fine
>>
>>25236712
Thanks
I guess.
I'm 190cm and i weight a hundred kilos(99.5), not sure If i should diet or go straight to the gym to build muscle
>>
>>25236820
It doesn't matter what you do, just do something. A little bit at a time. Start on a healthy diet and work out. Don't worry so much about losing weight. If you eat healthy foods and exercise things will come naturally.
>>
>>25237818
>>25234090
OH SHIT ANON ON SUICIDE WATCH
Original comment
>>
>>25235365
My son

Your autism

Hur
Ts
>>
Is there a good diet plan anywhere online for weight loss?
>>
>>25238401

Yeah, here it is:

>eat meat
>eat veggies
>drink plenty of water
>maybe a cheap generic multivitamin once a day if you feel like it

That's it. Veggies like broccoli are especially good for you. Make chickenbeef/pork and vegetable stirfry.
>>
>>25238401
/fit/ sticky has great resources with plenty of citations from scientific journals. Stay away from fad diets, those people literally make their living inventing new shit every month.

tl;dr
>cut soda, fast food, count calories
>calculate your TDEE
>depending on your goals, do anywhere from 200-500 cal deficit
>don't do too much deficit or you'll lose weight too fast which will leave you with loose skin
>rice and chicken
>don't run if you are really fat, too much stress on your joints
>lifting is always a good thing

Oh yeah, "muh thyroid condishun" is incredibly rare and almost always manageable with meds.
>>
>>25233819
it is true you faggot, and obviously a fat as fatass neckbear would not say that. You double nigger. NIGGER! NIGGERNIGGERNIGGER!
>>
I'm not even a "just do it" normie, but don't be faggots, fat pigs.

Stop eating. Litteraly stop eating anything. Just drink water. You'll be hungry, very hungry, and your body will start to eat your fat to survive. That's how the human body works.
>>
>>25239035
>>25240035
Thanks. I'll keep all of these suggestions in mind. I'd really like to get to a normal body weight because I went from borderline Auschwitz mode as a kid to fat as a teenager/young adult. I didn't spend much time at a healthy weight.
>>
>>25233733
>implying this is wrong because you put too many calories in the first time around and don't want to work them off
>>
>>25240206
Doing anything is better than forever carefully analysing what to do.

Just fucking do it.
>>
>eat at "maintenance"
>inject test
>gain mass

So many calories in test bro.
>>
>>25238348
Being educated and not a shitslinger is autism?
>>
>>25240304
Yes, especially if you are rationally arguing way, way beyond the "fuck, I'm getting trolled" limit. Which you were, by the way, most likely from the very beginning of the chain.
>>
>>25240296
Not how it works bruh
>>
File: 1393253475864.jpg (76 KB, 678x590) Image search: [Google]
1393253475864.jpg
76 KB, 678x590
>>25234148

>cottage cheap is dirt cheap
>>
>>25234148
What kind of shit diet is this?

Carbs, carbs everywhere. Stay obese my friend.
>>
File: nbBFhXK.jpg (33 KB, 530x530) Image search: [Google]
nbBFhXK.jpg
33 KB, 530x530
>MFW Watching fatties flail their lunch-lady-esque bodies about like the helpless subhumans they are trying to defend their cundishuns with gunetics.
>>
>>25240089
Amerifats HATE him because of this one StRaNgE tip!
>>
>>25240331
It's boring to just assume everyone is trolling
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.