[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rich People
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Is there a reason I hate rich kids so much? I come from a middle class background here in America, and I can't stand the thought of kids my age who were born into wealth thinking of me as a 'peasant' or somehow inferior to them. Is my anger just jealousy? Do these people really live completely awesome lives without stress or any major complications? Is it fucked up for me to wish for a world where rich people are lined up and killed in the street?
>>
You're just jealous of us, peasant. Have a nice Christmas, hah, poorfag
>>
Marx pls leave
>>
>>25233676
The world is fucked regardless of your wishes. nobody can hear you scream from inside yourself.

Do what you must. It's meaningless anyway.
>>
>>25233722
christmas shoudl be fun to be honest
>>
>>25233779
im not communist at all. in fact i'm really jealous that i don't have the willpower to play capitalism like these people did.
>>
>>25233783
>it's meaningless anyway
thank u for the sad feeling, anon ;_;
>>
>>25233676
>Is there a reason I hate rich kids so much?
spoiled brats who take everything for granted and have not earned a damn thing
>Is my anger just jealousy?
yes but it's natural to be jealous of people higher up on the social ladder, especially those who got there through no effort of their own
>Do these people really live completely awesome lives without stress or any major complications?
yes, money makes the world go round and can fix any problem you have. rich people problems are literal dirt. i can't listen to a rich person complain about something without laughing.
>Is it fucked up for me to wish for a world where rich people are lined up and killed in the street?
that's a little fucked up but i can understand your feelings. i like to believe in some sort of karma or justice in the universe but rich people disprove its existence by having awesome lives with no hardship or setbacks.
>>
>>25233676
I don't mind them existing, what I hate is people acting like the kids of rich families 'earned' the money their parents did when it was passed on to them.

Inheritance from parents is antithetical to the principle that people should get ahead by their own hard work. People who complain about those who leech off the state instead of working hard leech off their parents instead of working hard.
>>
Just rob 'em OP.

There's a guide that pops up on /k/ from time to time that has a few good tips on it (useful tools etc.) You're gonna want to do a bit more reading than that guide provides but really once you kind of learn the basics it's not hard to make some nice spending money working in the right neighborhoods. I mosty stuck to breaking inside vehicles but would still come away with some good money, especially in gated neighborhoods if you can get in which usually isn't hard at all.

Just don't do anything fucking stupid like steal iPhones, iPads, actual vehicles, basically stuff that can be easily traced. Also surveilance camera systems are becoming more common so I'd recommend something like a ski mask or scarf to hide your face, not really too suspicious this time of year.
>>
Rich kid here. I didn't get SHIT for getting good grades. The only thing I ever got for my good grades was a new winter jacket my freshman year of high school that cost a whopping $30.

My father grew up poor and is now an engineer who works with the National Guard. The vast majority of his money goes into savings and he only spends money when it's an absolute emergency or an investment.

I'm cool with it, though. I make less than a quarter of what my dad makes but I learned how to budget because of him. Having more money than my friends because I know how to save is a pretty awesome perk, especially during the holidays.
>>
>>25234052

http://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2012/02/19/why-matters-that-our-politicians-are-rich/1nxiCNvQoKWSiWX2r5JItI/story.html?camp=pm

Rich is literal mental illness. You are basically a social worker.
>>
>>25233676
It's the only real privilege out there, it sucks knowing you're limited by the wealth you were born in
>>
>>25233676

I live in a wealthy area. Upper middle class to lower upper class. Teslas and Maseratis are everywhere, see maybe 2 supercars a day, and BMWs and Mercedes are the norm. Seems like there are more foreigners moving here - lots of Asians and Arabs. Finally many of the more modest houses have been transformed into Mcmanions( these often have a Persian/Asian flair to them). This sort of conspicuos consumption feels very "unamerican" to me.

I also went to college in a poor area. I tutored "under privileged" spic children in neighborhoods where the power would go out every now then and gang bangers across the street would park on the lawn and make lots of noise. Kids jumping on a mattress in the street for fun, feral animals, and bad smells. Seemed very Third World and also very "unamerican"

Im disgusted by the disparity, but Im also very angry that both extremes seem to be foreign imports. I too feel the need for some sort of purge.
>>
File: 1340070490104.jpg (199 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1340070490104.jpg
199 KB, 1000x1000
>>25234122
>My father is an engineer for the National Guard
>Rich
>>
>>25234122
yeah you guys are really not all that rich, I would say upper middle class at best.
>>
>>25233676
>Do these people really live completely awesome lives without stress or any major complications?

Well yes, but being that they have no perspective otherwise, they tend to feel stress over easily solvable things and never make the best use of their money/power at all
>>
>>25234460
Conspicuous consumption is very American. Since the early 20th century it's been the most American thing one can do. The USA is the home of planned obsolescence and the reduced product lifecycle.

The USA is literally founded upon the principal of tax evasion, uncontrolled immigration and freedom for religious extremes. Why would anyone expect a moral achievement to arise from this?
>>
File: 1268710863806.jpg (119 KB, 524x519) Image search: [Google]
1268710863806.jpg
119 KB, 524x519
>>25234460
>lower upper class.
>Teslas and Maseratis are everywhere, see maybe 2 supercars a day, and BMWs and Mercedes are the norm.
uhhhhh
>>
>>25234794
I disagree. The US was not founded on those "principles".

Conspicuous consumption was widespread during the Gilded Age, and started to become a thing again during the 1980s.

Conspicuous consumption and uncontrolled immigration did not characterize American culture during the period between 1930 and 1980.
>>
>>25233676
>rewarding a kid for something he's supposed to do anyway

And people seriously wonder why kids are so fucked today
>>
>>25234794
Jesus what a fucked up view of the USA
>>
>>25234567
This. Top kek that is not the kind of rich we are discussing itt.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.