[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why am I so unwitty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1426745769638.gif (962 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1426745769638.gif
962 KB, 500x281
>coworker says I owe him $3 for helping me when I was new
>know he's joking, but can only say I'm minimum wage so I can't afford to spend money
>he says he was just joking and that he has a mansion anyways
>I just smile and don't reply cuz I can't think of anything

is there hope for me?
>>
>>25233633
I'm very witty. Coworker sounds like a dick. I have no idea how I'd respond to that at all, let alone being funny or quick witted.
>>
>>25233633
Well I have dubs you fucking normie faggot

Would've been a nice response
>>
I'd engage in the bantz here. Rag on him saying his help wasn't even worth 3 cents.
>>
>hey anon, you owe me $3 for training
>no problem, your cheque's in the mail

>alright, ill bring the pennies over tomorrow

>with the help you gave me you should probably be owing me $3

Just off the top of me head. Just think of a funny 4chan response you'd give but take out the vulgarities and memes.
>>
>>25233633
>do you prefer a cheque or a swift kick in the nuts?

>in how many installments?

>how will i feed my children?

etc
>>
> I have a mansion
> Hope it has a wheelchair ramp, cuz I'm going to break your legs
>>
>>25233633
Maybe?

I feel you anon. Sometimes I'm really witty and funny, but sometimes I can't think of any response. I still don't know why my brain works that way.
>>
>>25233633
>always been quiet around people I don't know well
>voice doesn't convey sarcasm well
>constantly asked throughout highschool if I was joking or not on things that were obviously sarcasm
>start new job
>now afraid to engage in the bantz because of fear of being taken seriously
>>
>>25233633
Im unwitty too and im afraid to inform you theres no hope. Now he does this in a friendly way but soon he'll realize how dumb you are and escalate it to bullying. My advice: stay away from him.
>>
>>25233633
I can be witty, but it's usually some dark sarcastic humor so I try to be silent and just smile.
>>
>>25234215
>how will i feed my children?
Best
>>
>>25233633
I prefer not to be witty in those situations. I'd says something along the lines of 'Really? I don't.' and sell it with a smile. Responses like that don't get laughs a lot of the time, but they do get smiles. Then that person has a higher likelihood of just being nice in my experience.
>>
I used to be somewhat witty now I don't have shit to say in real life. On the internet I can still come up with things but thats mainly because there is no pressure and you have a longer period of time to think.

People think I'm a retard because I don't join in on their banter and have to force myself to smile or laugh.
>>
As in you just want to respond or you want to say simmering clever? If it's the first one, you can only get better with practice. Never give people one word answers; make sure you elaborate. As for the other one, I've heard that wit is a sign of intelligence so I can't say for sure what you can do to get better in that department. Read? Follow current events? Form an opinion anything. Most importantly, don't take yourself or anyone too seriously.
>>
File: 1448864177935.png (257 KB, 333x434) Image search: [Google]
1448864177935.png
257 KB, 333x434
>>25234979
Gud post thank reddit
>>
>>25233633
honestly your response could be misconstrued as wittiness and he'd be the faggot that didnt get it if you just said it with the right inflection. I hate how a simple change in tone and facial expression can make or break anything you have to say desu.
>>
>>25233633
>You owe me $3 for helping you out
>Well...you owe me $3...for fucking your dead mom in the ass
>>
>>25235033
It would have been better if he said wife's children
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.