[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was watching tv and I realized: How come slapstick violence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (215 KB, 719x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215 KB, 719x1080
I was watching tv and I realized: How come slapstick violence against men is funny but violence against women is taboo? If Marv and Harry were roasties this movie would have been banned.
>>
Men are expendable, women aren't.
>>
>Watching comedic actors in slapstick comedy situations shouldn't be funny because they're men
>Implying property destruction and threatening a quirky child with violence isn't enough to turn even the normiest normie against a woman
>>
why did marv turn into a skeleton?
>>
>>25231407
That movie always made me cringe like it's not even slapstick some it seemed genuinely painful like stepping on glass
>>
>>25231575
what kind of fucking underage pleb doesn't enjoy home alone 2?
>>
That was actually one of the things that originally red pilled me. Just try to imagine women as victims of your standard slapstick. It's actually jarring. It's just.. weird and inappropriate.

"Misandry" (not really) is so fucking ingrained in us that we're just fine with seeing men get smashed in the face by comically, deadly-if-it-were-real-life stuff, but it seems "too real" if it's a woman victim.

I feel like if some brilliant fucker could synthesise observations like these properly, and write a really good book on it, he could make women realise that men can't even see them as people. That men are only capable of seeing other men as "disposable" - which is not a bad thing, it means that they see them as nothing but their achievements and merit. I think that'd be enough to freak women out and make them do some hardcore thinking about their role in society, make them really really on-guard against male patronising, like they'd start going out of their way to make slapstick that "humanises" women by showing that they don't need protection from things like that.
>>
>>25231575
Like the brick he threw from the third story of that shit
>>
>>25231615
I saw it as a kid and it freaked me out I'm 21 now and it still bugs me I dunno why
>>
>>25231634
kids are retarded and can't tell the difference between movies and reality.

it's easy to see how this would terrify kids
>>
>>25231676
Yeah I was kinda retarded as a kid
>>
>Stepping on a nail and having it go right through your foot
>Stepping on broken glass/ornaments
>Being electrocuted
>Having heavy objects dropped on your head from high up
The scene where the robbers decide they're going to kill the kid is supposed to be the point of no return morality wise but god damn I felt for them there. The kid played a good game but there's consequences for that shit. Why didn't he just call the cops in advance or tell one of his non-murderer neighbors to do so?
>>
>>25231762

He committed credit card fraud, he couldn't go to the police because he was paranoid.
>>
>>25231762
It's a fucked up movie if you think about it
>>
>>25231762

That spoiled kid was the real bad guy

>rich family
>treats service employees like shit
>entitled
>gets away with credit card fraud
>insolent

Probably grew up to be a chad. Marv and Harry were outcasts and got shit on.
>>
So you're watching a christmas movie, on what I assume is still christmas eve, and all you can think about is how this relates to you.

Wasn't there a home alone movie where one of the criminals was a woman? I don't remember how that went.

Point is, cheer the fuck up and you should really try get out of that poisonous mindset.
>>
I think this is more of a concern than violence against men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muJY37z4_NE
>>
theres a woman in home alone 3
>>
>>25231882

Fuck off back to reddit, roastie. Shouldn't you be out taking Chad's candy cane up your Mr Hanky hole?
>>
>>25231974
she splits her pants, has a pot fall right in her head, trips in mud, and I forgot the rest
>>
>>25231523
Because he got electrocuted, movie logic.
>>
>>25231451
>Men are expendable, women aren't.

in the olden days this was partially true

men fertilize AND bring food, AND protect the females

if all males are dead so are the women very shortly

nowadays the roles are reversed
>>
You guys should watch god tier Hong Kong made Jackie Chan movies, women always get their shit kicked by men, it's so satisfying.
>>
>>25231875
and now hes a junkie that appears in shitty B movies and stuff like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-3wkbqmgxs

59:30 - end
>>
>>25232831

She also fell down an elevator shaft at the end.
>>
>>25231974
theres a third one?

i thought after the monster shitfest that was 2 there wouldnt be anymore

i guess if Tremors can get 5 sequels no one knows of as well as Jaws then so can home alone
>>
File: 1448995437077.gif (1 MB, 322x336) Image search: [Google]
1448995437077.gif
1 MB, 322x336
>>25231827
>>25231812
>>25231762
>people who try to make sense out of a children's holiday movie

just fucking kill yourselves
>>
>>25232831
Alice... Right... I'm pretty sure there were some stranger things going on in my kid parts when I first saw this movie.
>>
File: 1447129825075.png (29 KB, 298x279) Image search: [Google]
1447129825075.png
29 KB, 298x279
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSGi_Q6G4O8
It's all comin back to me now! I vaguely remember this as one of my first attempted wanks!
>>
>>25233352

D-Did she died?
>>
>>25233180
yes never think about what's been poured into the minds of our society when most impressionable :^) underlying concepts in media aimed at kids is always all in good fun
>>
File: 1447048061257.png (447 KB, 500x637) Image search: [Google]
1447048061257.png
447 KB, 500x637
>>25233403
I mean, she did say, 'ow'.
That wouldn't have stopped me from going to see if she was mobile, I can't let the elevator shaft have all the fun.
>>
>>25231451
>>25231510
>>25231619
women's inferior genes make them fragile as glass that's why it's a big deal and women aren't used as slapstick
>>
>>25231619
>I think that'd be enough to freak women out and make them do some hardcore thinking about their role in society

Hah.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.