[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Like, how the fuck do you even get good at Christmas? Today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (74 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
image.png
74 KB, 412x351
Like, how the fuck do you even get good at Christmas?

Today I bought my mom and sister $50.00 gift certificates to Walgreens Drug Store because I know they like their snacks and they go their often for their prescriptions.

They looked at me like I gave them pics of my dick. A mix out surprise and contempt.

What the fuck? I thought I was being generous?!
>>
>>25231269
They probably wanted Macy's or Pandora cards. Whatever the fuck women want.
>>
I dunno man, I think it's the thought that counts.
Some years I've got my family nothing and they forgave me so I guess it sort of depends on their outlook on life.
>>
Next year, give them pics of your dick.
>>
>OP gets mom and sister same lazy gift
>Wonders why he failed
>>
>>25231269
lol there's no way you're not making this up but here's your guaranteed fifth reply
>>
Are they fat bro?
>>
a gift card is basically saying "I don't know enough about you to get a personalized present, go buy something yourself"
>>
>>25231348
OP here
So how do I get better at gifts. What do I do to improve?!
>>
>heres some money
>but you can only spend it here
Gift vouchers and the stupidest thing someone can buy
>>
File: 1450822410271.gif (555 KB, 400x276) Image search: [Google]
1450822410271.gif
555 KB, 400x276
The past few years my mom's given me random gift cards for Christmas because she knows if she gives me cash, I'll just buy booze. This year I'm gonna go to each place and see if I'm able to cash in the gift cards
>>
>>25231402
You can sell them for 80 cents on the dollar and get black out drunk and shit on her front porch
>>
>>25231269

A gift certificate to Walgreens is pretty strange and I'm surprised they even bother to sell them, but obv some spergs out there buy them so more power to them.

But on a more supportive note, ritualistic gift-giving is really a crock of shit for those of us who don't have intuition into what people actually want. Sometimes I stumble upon a gift that I think someone would appreciate, but I can't just come up with that shit on command at a certain time of year. Inevitably I get anxious about what to give someone, end up giving them something that 90% of the time they don't give one shit about, and now we both feel bad. What's the point?

Gift giving should be purely spur-of-the-moment when the spirit strikes you, or there should be standard gifts meant to show appreciation universally (ironically gift cards are the closest thing we have to this but OP showed it can backfire).
>>
>>25231269
Am I the only one who puts effort into getting a personal gift for someone anymore
Sure it's easy to say that as I only buy christmas presents for very a small amount of people, but nevertheless
>getting your mum a fucking voucher
seriously
>>
>>25231681

Forgot to add that now all I do is donate to a children's shelter in peoples' names, and they get sent a card around Christmas stating as such. I feel like if they don't like that then they're immature fucks for being mad that some kids were able to eat a few meals instead of them getting a basket of lotions and soaps, and their opinion is meaningless to me.
>>
File: 1439280001944.jpg (102 KB, 297x364) Image search: [Google]
1439280001944.jpg
102 KB, 297x364
>>25231681
>ritualistic gift-giving is a crock of shit
>>
i have never bought anyone a gift in my life and i don't plan on starting any time soon

throw money at them and tell them to fuck off if they really want something
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 385x513) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 385x513
>>25231681

Why not just cook them a nice meal and right when they are finishing up, tell them you love men.

We know it's what you want to do faggot
>>
>>25231401
They only make sense if you can get a discount, like at costco
>>
>>25231348
I bought my parents a champagne meal at a Michelin star restaurant is that lazy or nah?
>>
I straight up fucking tell my family members that if they don't tell me what they want they're getting gift cards.
>>
I don't buy anyone shit and they don't buy me shit.
>>
>Buying someone you actually like a gift certificate.

I mean it's okay if you DO hate them, but yeah never buy anyone you don't dislike a gift card or gift certificate.

it's pretty much saying
>"I am lazy but wanted to seem like I expended some iota of effort, therefore I went and traded money (which can be used universally) for a piece of plastic that limits what said money can be spent on. Eat shit."
>>
>>25232214
This.

Fuck people tbqh.
>>
>>25232214
That fucking edge
>>
>>25231681
Grow the fuck up you child
>>
>>25234134

Epic toast bro

Here's your upboats and reddit gold
>>
File: ded.gif (2 MB, 234x200) Image search: [Google]
ded.gif
2 MB, 234x200
>>25231269
>get good at Christmas
>Git gud
>GET
>GUD

What the fuck are you talking about? How do you perform christmas? There's your issue right there.

I hate that pepe so much, because it changes your message
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.