[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be me circa 2009 >Use forum >leave forum >Be me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 720x540
>Be me circa 2009
>Use forum
>leave forum
>Be me now
>Return to forum
>Other forum-goer remembers me
>Suggests meeting up at bar
>Agree
>Don't know how to get to/from bar
>Don't want to lose chance to have a friend
>Don't know what to do

Alternatively, with less inequalities

I might have a chance to make a friend this Tuesday. Basically I used to be an active member in an online forum and one of the people on the forum lives reasonably close to me, but I left the forum for a few years and decided to come back recently and he offered to meet up irl and go to a bar. I told him I would and I actually kind of do want to even though he's Normie McChadson and I'm pretty sure it'll just end up in me being disappointed in myself. That's not what I'm worried about; I'm used to being disappointed in myself. The thing that's holding me back is the logistics of actually driving somewhere and getting drunk. How am I supposed to do this? I usually just drink in my room and I never thought about how normal people do this. Do they just drink a very small amount and wait an hour or two until they're good to drive? The only alternatives I can think of are a train/bus (4 - 4.5 hours vs 45 - 55 minutes driving) or uber (something like $150 round trip which I can't justify financially). How do normal people get to and from bars without driving drunk?
>>
>2016 - 7days
>not just googling the name of the bar and the town you're in to find its location
>>
>>25230369
remember the good old days of mapquest like 10 years ago. man that shit was cool its like you could go anywhere you wanted. and on the way back you'd follow the directions but backwards
>>
>>25230491
>>25230539

I know the address and I have a GPS. What I'm worried about is getting back without driving drunk. The three options I can think of are

1) Train/bus - 4 - 4.5 hours vs 45 - 55 minutes driving
2) uber - ~$150 round trip; can't afford
3) Drive - alcohol

This information and more can be found in the part that isn't greentext
>>
What forum? GBAtemp?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.