[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people come on /r9k/ just to give shitty unsolicited advice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
Why do people come on /r9k/ just to give shitty unsolicited advice?

>just be yourself
>pursue hobbies and interests
>talk to girls, that's all it takes
>be confident
>love yourself
>it worked for me, it will work for you
>get fit and everything will change

And then when their stock recited self-help lines don't work, they just get pissy and say something akin to "fine, then be alone you fucking pussy loser".

People who do this, why?
>>
selfish desire to "do good" and help people that are beyond help
>>
Why are you such a cunt to people trying to help you?
>>
>>25230478
Why can't people first step off their lofty perch before giving advice? I don't want to be talked down to.
>>
>>25230161
You must really be lacking self awareness. Imagine the internet as a public street. You can set up a soap box and yell out whatever you want. Some people want to heckle, some think you need advice. When you get up on your soap box and say something imagine you're one of those people walking by and hear someone up on their box saying something. That guy up there probably isn't going to sound like what you think you sound like saying it.
Maybe he does, and you're in a world like "I am legend" you're the last normal person and everyone else is a fucking vampire and everything shifted to vampires being the norm and you're the odd one out.
>>
>>25230589
You're objectively lower on the totem pole and they're giving their perspective. You should be lucky they're even stooping to notice you.
>>
>>25230589
>Why can't people first step off their lofty perch

What the fuck are you babbling about?
>>
>>25230589
>I don't want to be talked down to.

Well get used to it faggot, because you're pretty much human excrement if you genuinely need the advice of some rando on 4chan.
>>
>>25230628
all the fucking people here who spout "just be yourself"

I HAVE FRIENDS AND I JUST ACTED NORMALLY, HAVE YOU TRIED THAT?

they have no idea what it's like to be a loser, the advice they give is useless
>>
>>25230644
I don't need or want the advice. That's the entire point of this thread.
>>
Because the normies have invaded.

Normies believe that if life is easy for them, it's easy for everyone. Some of them genuinely think they are helping by saying those things. Don't be angry at them, they know not what they do.
>>
>>25230619
But what I there as a street explicitly for crazy neurotic people to set up their soap boxes and yell into the void?

Would you, as a sane person, intentionally walk down this street and try to change them? That seems like a waste of time and effort. They know they're fucked. And trying to preach to them just makes you look like a fucking cock.
>>
They do it for their own benefit. Ignore them.

>>25230627
>>25230644
>>25230628
We don't need or want their advice. Everyone should be annoyed at these people stating the obvious in such a pretentious way.
>>
>>25230619
>Imagine the internet as a public street.
actually it's the perfect example of anarchy-capitalism. It's not public streets they just let the public through, and record it all. On a public street people would be creeped out by someone recording everything about a specific person and selling the information off.
>>
>>25230161
Desire to be heard going before the obligation to make one's words worth hearing.
>>
Because normies are obsessed with platitudes and think that's how the world actually works.
>>
>>25230742
You're making the mistake that people are altruistic. There are a lot of paths in life, and we just happen by a lot of one of another on it.
This is touching way too much on philosophy for me though. So let's just say for some reason or another we just happened to intersect at the right place and right time. Reasons are philosophy.
>>
>>25230161
I feel this way about therapy.

Your advice will work great for normies going through temporary trauma or depression. Not people like me who have been bottling in anxieties and fears for 20 years. Save the breath. Just give me my drugs and let me go.
>>
>>25230742
On second thought, why do you crazies think this is your territory? In any civilized place we'd push you out with force. Neet/robots are like the internets homeless people. Sign up begging "why are you giving me hand outs?" When you throw them something.
>>
>>25230161
Because it works for them and they're too stupid to realize that their situation is different.

It's like saying to a starving child in the middle of the sahara "just open the fridge and grab a sandwich, bro, it worked for me".
>>
>>25231218
Because it's not a civilized place.
>>
>>25230161
I can't stand boredom so I try to socialize with people by giving advice when in reality, I'm just very bored of everything as I find nothing appealing nor interesting. Social isolation is also painful to bear.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.