[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being intelligent in this world of idiots is torture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 11
File: sadasdas.jpg (56 KB, 437x720) Image search: [Google]
sadasdas.jpg
56 KB, 437x720
Anyone know these feels? To realize that we intelligent people are not even appreciated despite the fact we are mother nature's finished design for our species, all these idiots that mock us and treat us like garbage because we have a free will we are not just monkeys that follow a herd mentality we see things they cant see and understand things they cant fathom at all, and yet this is what we get for being smart being treated like garbage being denied reproduction(not a virgin btw), and just watching all these fools get manipulated like mongoloids everyday by governing systems not realizing thats really happening.

I hate being smart it makes life hell because its impossible for me to be happy since I cant find a logical reason to be happy all the time.
>>
File: eye_roll.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
eye_roll.gif
1 MB, 200x150
As they say, "If you so smart, why ain't you rich?"
>>
Being intelligent != being logical

Someone who was actual wise wouldn't put logic and reason on an undeserving pedestal.
>>
>>25227240
unknown? yeah right i bet it was fucking aalewis
>>
>>25227269
Because this world is controlled by selfish tribalism over actual merit and hardwork, if you want to make it big you must know people man. I was born in a middle class home anyway.
>>
http://psych.colorado.edu/~vanboven/teaching/p7536_heurbias/p7536_readings/kruger_dunning.pdf
OP, are you familiar with the Dunning-Kruger effect?
If you're "too smart" to read this PDF in full, it in essence means: the effect in which a person fails to recognize one's own incompetence.
>>
You obviously aren't as intelligent as you think if you really believe that all of your issues in life/loneliness stem purely from being intelligent. People don't hate intelligent people, they hate ugly people, abrasive people, elitist people etc etc. I don't know you but I guarantee people aren't avoiding you becuase you're intelligent.
>>
>>25227282
>no true intelligence
>>
>>25227356
>I don't know you but I guarantee people aren't avoiding you becuase you're intelligent.

This.

Intelligent people are usually the nicest people, and because of any 'true intelligence is having social skills' bullshit.
>>
>>25227343
I dont see myself as a genius mate I just recognize that my cognitive skills are above most people, Im not arrogant I know my mental limits and wish I was even smarter sometimes but hey what do you know.
>>25227282
Forgive me anon I never asked to be born with this monkey mental illness called having emotions that impairs my ability to be rational at all times, its just the monkey ego inside of me screaming for respect and I cant turn it off its annoying I hate having emotions.
>>
>>25227399
rationality != intelligence

You just don't get it. The smartest people in the world aren't automatons functioning on cold logic. That kind of thinking is a mental hang-up.
>>
File: goethe1.jpg (22 KB, 608x532) Image search: [Google]
goethe1.jpg
22 KB, 608x532
>tfw 2000 IQ
>>
File: 1450844103954.png (69 KB, 274x320) Image search: [Google]
1450844103954.png
69 KB, 274x320
I'm smart enough to realize intelligence means jack shit unless you can use it to make money

No one in this world cares if you are smart unless they can make money from you

jew coins are how the world works bro
>>
>>25227240
Well aren't you a special snowflake
>>
If you were as intelligent as you think you are, people would appreciate it.

What people don't appreciate is arrogant fucks who think that because they did well in high school maths they are automatically better than people around them.

Really, saying people should treat you better because you think you are intelligent is no different from a girl expecting free shit for being attractive.

The fact that you don't know this proves you are a delusional faggot.
>>
>>25227269
money can't buy happiness

fuck you lerho;vbthrbo
>>
I like, when they talk real loud try and tell what they know.

I like, when they haven't seen a thing and try to tell you where to go.
>>
>>25227549
>I can identify visual patterns, and do math
seems practical
>>
>>25227356
This.

OP you are just unlikable.
>>
>>25227458
>no true intelligence revisited
>>
I love ice cream!
>>
>>25227694
It's more than just that. You all without exception sound like children to me.
>>
>>25227356
If i was an idiot I would be happier that is all I am saying.
>People don't hate intelligent people
LOOK AT THE NERDS
EW NO WAY GET AWAY NERD
OMG WHO CARES ABOUT SCIENCE
>>25227458
Emotions are just chemicals in your brain alterining your mental state due to stimuli, the most rational humans are people that cant feel any emotion at all. Thats why dumb people hate smart people because in a way we are not even human because we reject our primitive human traits like being slaves to our emotions or animal instincts.

HEY BRO I JUST FUCKED A GIRL
Yes yes you succeeded in securing a reproductive mate thats expected nothing special really though.
>>
>>25227724
From reading this post I'm starting to see why people don't like you.
>>
>>25227664
I dont think Im better than people, you are acting like every single idiot that hates on us smart people. OH NO YOUR JUST BEING A SMUG DOUCHE.

Also my stupid friend you dumb people are just useless mongoloids that pirate what we intelligent people create and would still be jungle spear throwers without us.

All stupid people should die desu that would solve every issue in human society.
>>
File: 1431625520107.png (201 KB, 256x326) Image search: [Google]
1431625520107.png
201 KB, 256x326
*pshht* I'm tired of all these stupid sheep, my superior intelect is wasted on those mere mortals. If they were as smart as me and read philsophers like Nietsczhe their miniscule plebian minds would have exploded before they accepted nileism as the one truth in this fucked up world.
>>
>>25227724
>Yes yes you succeeded in securing a reproductive mate thats expected nothing special really though.

If its nothing special how come you can't figure out how to do it with your exceptional intelligence
>>
If you're so clever, then why are you on your own tonight?
>>
>>25227751
Im not autistic I have full understanding of social dynamics so I can understand why Im not likable to the idiots that make up the majority of my species, but still I feel as though the mistreatment to me is unjust.
>>
>>25227240
This stuck up bore with zero artistic, scientific or otherwise intellectual interests, who I have had the misfortune of knowing, posted that picture on her social media account. You sound pretty stuck up, OP. Boring, too. Do you have any artistic, scientific or otherwise intellectual interests?
>>
>>25227724
You sound like a very confused pubescent boy. just hang in there, things will come together for you eventually as long as you have a good attitude, something tells me you are incapable of that at this point in your life but hopefully you are enlightened one day.
>>
>>25227836
maybe referring to people as 'my species' is in some way contributing to your lack of popularity. no?
>>
>>25227792
>I dont think Im better than people
>we are mother nature's finished design for our species
> we see things they cant see and understand things they cant fathom at all

topkek
>>
File: 2015-12-23 23.53.00.jpg (292 KB, 960x949) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-23 23.53.00.jpg
292 KB, 960x949
>>25227724
Emotions are derived from beliefs. If you don't understand that, and have none, then you're not as smart as you think.
>>
>>25227852
No, he thinks gossiping like the people he so hates while substituting his vocabulary for dry dehumanising scientific jargon constitutes intellectual discussion.
>>
>Not intelligent enough to make any significant or meaningful contributions to the world
>Not dumb enough to live in a pleasant, oblivious stupor
>Just above average: intelligent enough to comprehend my own mediocrity and dumb enough to be powerless to change it

I wish I were intelligent. When I was a teenager and young adult I thought I was. Then as I grew up I slowly realized that I was just narcissistic.
>>
here they come. the dumdum police. you have committed crimes agains the Communty and now you must face the chastisement that is your punishment.
>>
>>25227240
>despite the fact we are mother nature's finished design for our species
You're an idiot.

Smart people reproduce less. Evolution is selecting against intelligence. Smart people aren't a "finished design", it's an evolutionary dead end. People are are smart enough to stay alive and kill everything else are best, like niggers and rednecks, which is why they breed like fucking rabbits.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're depressed SPECIFICALLY TO CULL your intelligence from the genepool. Although if you were really smart, you'd understand this, and embrace it.

> I cant find a logical reason to be happy all the time
Confirmed for being a fucking retard, and therefor the actual final design for humanity. You don't need a logical reason to be happy. Happiness leading to psychological well-being and therefor success in life should be enough. Happiness isn't an end, its a means, and if you were smart you'd realize that.
>>
>>25227817
I already said Im not a virgin, getting women is a waste of time because they dont really love you they just use you and are programmed to reproduce with multiple mate, if you try to logically treat a woman like garbage you get arrested even though this must be done to keep them on you.
>>25227856
>enlightened
I dont care about such nonsense
>>25227900
Well you have to admit we intelligent people really are the best of Earth's creation.
>>25227920
No emotions are brain chemicals, how can emotions come from beliefs you fucking idiot? Humans arent the only lifeforms with emotions you know.
>>
>>25227957
>I wish I were intelligent. When I was a teenager and young adult I thought I was. Then as I grew up I slowly realized that I was just narcissistic.
This
>>
>>25227977
>i do not understand evolution at all.
>>
>>25227983
>I dont care about such nonsense
Spoken like a true intellectual.
>>
File: 1445493370046.gif (1 MB, 227x198) Image search: [Google]
1445493370046.gif
1 MB, 227x198
>>25227240
You're probably not smart. You are probably mildly observant with an undeserved sense of uniqueness. If you were intelligent you wouldn't be seeking solace on a literal containment board on 4chan.org, now would you? Not being able to relate to others doesn't put you above anyone, it means you're defunct and should be working on yourself.

I hope you can realize you're own failings so that you can improve yourself.
>>
>>25227269
LMAO because who fucking cares. What's money going to do for me I'm tired and I hate everything. Having a big house and hired whores aren't going to make me energetic Or not hate everything. Only drugs can change that and only temporarily.
>>
You can be smart or dumb while being happy. Its a mood disorder making you sad, not your level of intelligence.
>>
>>25227977
>Smart people reproduce less. Evolution is selecting against intelligence. Smart people aren't a "finished design", it's an evolutionary dead end
Yes yes you dummies obsessed with your primal reproduction principle while we smart people work to transcend reproduction entirely, but you morons and your ethnics nonsense get in the way of that.
>Confirmed for being a fucking retard, and therefor the actual final design for humanity. You don't need a logical reason to be happy. Happiness leading to psychological well-being and therefor success in life should be enough. Happiness isn't an end, its a means, and if you were smart you'd realize that.
Im smart enough to realize my monkey brain is designed to search out for pleasure stimuli and sadness is just the withdrawal effect of getting none at all. I dont really care about being happy, but my brain cant seem to stop.
>>
If you were smart, OP, you wouldn't be doing this.

I know this despite not being smart at all. It has nothing to do with me wanting to take you down a notch for showing off. Even though I am instinctually programmed to resent show offs. I swear on my mum's grave that the two things are completely unrelated.
>>
>>25228050
>If you were intelligent you wouldn't be seeking solace on a literal containment board on 4chan.org, now would you? Not being able to relate to others doesn't put you above anyone, it means you're defunct and should be working on yourself.
>I hope you can realize you're own failings so that you can improve yourself.
No reason to trust someone who is also on a containment board trying to act better than what he deems mediocre.
>>
>>25227240
Try being an even bigger idiot than the idiots around you
Every single day reminds me of my pure incompetence, every mistake I make, everything I don't understand, every person I talk with, every comment I recieve
>>
>>25228118
>isn't smart
>I know this
Kek
>>
>>25228050
I can relate to other humans pretty well Im just intelligent to not care about that though,
>>25228130
The fact you can self reflect means your not an idiots maybe you have an IQ in the range of 95-97. Most actual idiots cant seem to understand their life is shit.
>>
>>25227983
Explain the emotional life beyond fear and love of animals.
>>
OP why do you think you're so intelligent?

Have ever used your intelligence to create anything of value?

Have you made any real contributions to science or technology?

Have you been able to figure out the secrets to acquiring vast amounts of wealth?

Serious Question.
>>
>>25228050
Good post. Take this guy's advice OP, for real.
>>
>>25228170
Most people have an IQ in acceptable ranges and aren't "idiots" then. As far as OP's definition is concerned, I'm a bigger idiot than the people around me. I regret neglecting school for most of my life and not trying to be better at problem solving when I was younger.
>>
>>25228214
Fear is just an enhanced version of the self preservation instinct, loving animals is nothing more than projecting feelings of fatherhood or motherhood over said animal, you think the animal is your child mentally thats why you care about it so much.
>>25228231
>OP why do you think you're so intelligent?
I dont mate.
>>
>>25228238
Why take the advice of a man who's isn't following his own?
In any event it's very clear to tell who is intelligent and who isn't from speaking with them. That's something we cannot determine here. Sure some of us may be intelligent but not all of us, even if we hold the misconception.
>>
>>25227240
Nah, m8. You're thinking about it all wrong. There is always more ways to look at things. You could feel like a genius one minute, and an idiot the next. This whole "I'm superior to everyone" attitude does nothing to help one better their overall understanding.It's much better for you to just observe without thinking about yourself as unique. Always know that there is always much more to learn. You're a human just like the rest of us.

>>25228050
Why improve yourself? What do you think constitutes intelligence? I agree with your first few points, but assuming that "intelligent" people would do one thing or another is just ridiculous.

>>25228231
Not OP, but you raise some good questions. One can never be "intelligent". There is always more to experience and learn. I always saw a greater need to learn more rather than to use my knowledge to contribute to science, not that it's not important.

So much to learn, and so little time to learn it.
>>
>>25228286
>you think*

Think is misused here.
>>
>>25228286
You misread my question. I asked about the basic emotions of animals. You said that human and animal emotions are the same. I'm saying animals have fear and love. Humans have a wider range influenced by beliefs. These beliefs program actions.
>>
>>25228423
Im not a biologist mate. All I know is that emotions are just brain chemicals in higher organisms.
>>
hilarious how every thread where OP mentions intelligence, over half of the posts start like

> you arent really intelligent
> if you are intelligent, then why x or y

you guys probably have no fucking idea how stupid these posts are
not defending OP here, as seeking validation / attention from /r9k/ is just as retarded
>>
>>25228501
Because most of the time and in this case it's just another narcissistic cunt who read popsci weekly why he's so smart
>>
>>25228501
>seeking validation from /r9k/ is just as retarded

Why? Honest question.
>>
>>25228501
Thats because the vast majority of the people that post these replies, myself included, have been through this phase in their lives. As was said by
>>25227957
>When I was a teenager and young adult I thought I was. Then as I grew up I slowly realized that I was just narcissistic.

I wish I could go back and slap some sense into myself. But the next best thing I can do is berate OP and hope that he fixes his shit
>>
>>25228231
OP here,

I have made lots of contributions to politics. I post statistics about negros and their inability to not commit violent crimes on /pol/, and I also know that women are whores and will only fuck 9/10 Chads, and I share that information with everyone that I meet. Normies are too stupid to take the redpill like I did.
>>
>>25227240
It's true, there is a correlation between intelligence and unhappiness. But from reading your posts you're calling these people idiots and it isn't needed. You've got a bit of a superiority complex I think. It doesn't help too that media is being dumbed down and is making us use our brains less because everything's being streamlined it's only going to get worse.
>>
>>25228669
Nice try anon.

Blocks
>>
>>25228501
Trust me most of these posts don't realize that they can't actually prove anything at this point. Few text on a screen doesn't indicate intelligence or is a viable examination not are your contrasting opinions.
Just accept that you don't know regardless of whatever "phase" you think you've been through.
>>
>>25228669
Pretty much, except OP doesn't use proper punctuation, grammar or sentence structure.
>>
>>25227957

I feel you anon. Dunno how nobody beat the shit out of me when I was younger. I would have.
>>
>>25228451
do you really think that by acknowledging that emotions are brain chemicals makes you enlightened beyond the filthy masses? You seem to be repeating this sentiment constantly throughout the thread as if to impress; This is high school biology and everyone knows this.
>>
>>25228869
emotions are not brain chemicals. these are two different concepts.

what you are trying to say is that one cause the other.
>>
>>25228401
>Why improve yourself?

Because you're the only self-aware animal on this planet and it is your DUTY as a human to improve the condition of future humans. You start by improving yourself. Here is how actually "intelligent" people work:

>Hurf Durf I can't get laid, I feel sad
Verily, System 1, mayhaps we should find the root of the problem
>Ok, I subjectively feel unattractive and am unable to create rapport with qts by talking about Epistemology or 40k nerd shit
Why do you/I feel unattractive?
>Because I can't get laid
Welp, if you felt attractive then you would! Go lift and meditate!
>Ok now I have confidence, what do I say to get in her pants?
Well if calculus and philosophy didn't work, maybe something more on HER level?
>So roller coasters and ice cream?
Sure, that shit doesn't matter anyway! Women don't care what you talk about, only other men do. Just always have something funny to say and move from topic to topic. Practice this shit too since you're a nerd
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 640x1136
Hey tried to make this thread earlier what should I say to this girl, I don't really orbit her but if I could I would fuck her but I'm not really trying. Will be active in thread got distracted by other shit
>>
>>25228501
because like clockwork, people who make threads on the beta virgin board on 4chan claiming they are unhappy because they are intelligent always, without fail, demonstrate other qualities that a more likely leading to their unhappiness while simultaneously proving that they are unintelligent. I'm a more respectable forum (and I don't mean exclusively the 'internet forum') I might have a bit more trust that the speaker was actually intelligent.
>>
>>25228905
basic emotions are caused by the synchronisation of chemicals in the brain. This doesn't invalidate emotions, its just how the brain processes them, its nothing mindblowing.
>>
>>25227282
it does by definition desu senpai
>>
File: 1436849382453.jpg (71 KB, 360x810) Image search: [Google]
1436849382453.jpg
71 KB, 360x810
>>25228914
Laugh and ask her "if that's what works on girls" or something along those lines. God this thread is so shit.
>>
>>25228914
Just repeat what she said to you and go "Did it work?"
>>
>>25227694
>300k starting bitch
>>
>>25227240
>I hate being smart

how close am i op?

>you're under 30
>only thinks they are "smart" because they did ok/good on school tests
>thinks internet-approved hobbies like video games are "smarter" hobbies than normie stuff
>hasn't created anything/ cornered a niche/ manipulated a group to make a living
>knows better than the system, yet cannot subvert it to your advantage
>thinks being a nerd/outcast adds to your intelligence some how (it only gives you different perspective, not intelligence)
>your default position to anything is to be critical of it.

You are probably not "smart" op.

One key flaw you have failed to recognize is, if you are so intelligent and understand the systems in place why can you not exploit them to your advantage?

Maybe one day you will prove your inner intelligence, but you wont do it sitting tests and bitching about it on the internet.
>>
>>25227240
>Progression_Of_Eggman.jpg
>>
>>25227269
because it doesn't matter. in 100 years i'll be dead regardless of whether I'm a king or a peasant
>>
File: 1450187343859.jpg (288 KB, 853x739) Image search: [Google]
1450187343859.jpg
288 KB, 853x739
>>25228914
Btw, post the response you gayboy

Pic unrelated
>>
>>25229246
You're still here? The fact you haven't realized how humiliating this thread has turned out for you, makes you an even bigger joke.
>>
This is a load of horseshit and what depressed people want to believe to make themselves feel not like total failures which they are.

If you're so smart, why are you some fucking NEET teetering on the edge of suicide? Smart people would know how to be successful in life and as we all know, success = happiness. You'd be getting a Christmas blowy right now from your trophy wife with tens of thousands of dollars of presents under the tree if you actually applied yourself in school and in life. You didn't, and now you're a miserable sack trying to justify why you're such a failure in life on /r9k/

Enjoy!
>>
>>25227724
>OMG WHO CARES ABOUT SCIENCE
nobody says this these days, if anything it's the opposite.

you sound really abrasive by the way, it's obvious that nobody likes you because you sperg out over the smallest little things like someone else having sex, which is an integral part of the human condition btw. I'm a pretty intelligent person and even I can't stand self-satisfied faggots who don't have any tact and constantly need to degrade others in order to assuage their superiority complex.
>>
File: 1446581927678.jpg (39 KB, 522x756) Image search: [Google]
1446581927678.jpg
39 KB, 522x756
>>25227240
>tfw want to believe you're smart but you can't do shit and there's nothing you're really good at
>>
>>25227724
literally everything that you perceive (both rational and emotional) is just chemicals in your brain. by your logic the most "rational" person would have 0 brain activity, and would therefore be dead
>>
>>25227240

I consider myself as a somewhat sad person, but intelligent people are the ones who can easilly overcome any adversity and therefore they are the happier of the bunch. I notice this in college.
>>
i dunno I'd say the increase in mental capacity once you hit the bell curve of IQ is pretty negligible until you start getting over 130.

you're probably not over an IQ of 130.

therefore you're probably pretty much the exact same as everyone around you other than the people who fall on the opposite end of the bell curve.

you're not particularly unique and what your expressing has already been expressed by nearly every teenager who just became self-aware.

recomend you channel this energy into ambition in order to take advatange of your probable slightly above average intelligence.

keeping in mind many MDs have IQs as low as 110, meaning that hard work trumps innate talent even in one of the most difficult intellectual pursuits.
>>
>>25227828
Because tonight is just like any other night.
>>
>>25229463
>getting an MD
>most difficult intellectual pursuit
m8 it's literally grinding through flashcards for 8 years
>>
I think I'm average or above average, but I don't feel like there is anything I can do with my intelligence. I've tried to learn physics but I always lose interest because I feel like there is no point in learning it id I'm not in the position to put it to use. Same thing with chemistry. Is there really any point in putting my intelligence to use if I'm smart enough to comprehend the material but can't actually do anything with the information?
>>
Jews need q good gassing
>>
>>25227240
Can you tell us which peer reviewed articles in which reputable fields you've gotten published, genius?
>>
>>25229505

my thanks to the 18 year old providing his experience of med school.
>>
>>25229608
>you need to be a genius to have intelligence
Why are idiots so butthurt about smart people
Every time I say something that's correct people tell me so stop being a smartass. But they can't deny I'm wrong and never do. Why do they run?
>>
>>25228869
No it just makes me realise all these feelings in my head are not real.
>>
>>25229203
I dont play video games, I was never a nerd, I base my intelligence on how analytical my mind is IRL also Im curious for new knowledge. I would rate my IQ as 114 honestly however. I dont call people normies.
>>
>>25229340
As I said Im not autistic, I know how to socialize but Im just not interested in trivial life drama. Also I dont speak intelligently to demean people at all, I just act like a thoughtless asshole instead.

Lol you really think I would say "so you secured a reproductive mate big deal" IRL lol Im smart bro not autistic.
>>
One downside that is pretty palpable at least for meis that it's real hard to have friends. You either go down to their level of banal inanity without being condescending or be a weird freak that no one talks to.
>>
>>25230541
Being a Navy SEAL with 300 confirmed kills is hard work.
>>
>>25230328
>Arbitrarily 'rating' your own IQ based on your personal opinion
this is actually fuckign laughable. You can't eb serious right?
>>
>>25230541
All I care about is knowledge anon, I only have friends to prevent sadness but really I dont care about them.
>>
>>25230541
you just have to realise that not al relationships need intellectual connection. I have plenty of stupid and intelligent friends. stupid people can be fun to banter with and make fun of lightly too as long as you aren't obnoxious about it and are actually friendly.
>>
>>25230834
It isn't the same when you're speaking to someone on a completely different level. The only person enjoying the conversation is them not you. Its like talking to a wall.
>>
>>25227269
why be rich when I can spend that money on drugs?
>>
>>25231177
sounds like you have interpersonal problems spanning beyond your intelligence.
>>
>>25230328
>, I base my intelligence on how analytical my mind is IRL

WHAT!?

Your proof of intelligence is literally you telling yourself you are smart, kek.

so you haven't made anything, or done anything, or cornered any markets?

As i said you've done nothing to "prove" your intelligence, most legit intelligent people do not complain about idiots because they know they can use them, exploit them for their own gain.
>>
Intellect doesn't imply "finished design" and we are far from being finished as a species anyway. You're just a bitter asshole.
>>
well I guess maybe this is true.

It seems that only intelligent people have 'existential crisis' or actually care about morality, antinatalism, etc

only intelligent people are philosophical pessimists
>>
>>25227305
Ribbit ribbit go back to reddit
>>
Many people have told me that they find me highly intelligent, and in some ways I probably am. The thing is, the more I think about what makes me more intelligent than some people, the more I realise it's just a matter of contingency - of being born into a relatively stable situation, having parents who bought me educational computer games (even having a computer in the early 90's was something only a small number of people on Earth ever had), sent me to a decent school where the culture wasn't entirely opposed to consciousness, etc. Even all the ego stroking from considerate teachers and so on who were there to tell me that being intelligent was a good thing was a major contributor - even though in many ways these people set me up to fail socially and sexually.

I'm sure your intelligence is a result of the same factors. You didn't create yourself, you aren't responsible for your circumstances, and you really played a very small part in making yourself an 'intelligent' person. Once you realise this, you realise that all the 'dumb' people are also mostly results of their situations. I mentioned the computer game thing for example, I remember once in highschool laughing at a polynesian girl because she didn't know that the Sun was a star, it seemed beyond belief that someone could be that ignorant - but now that I think about it, I learnt about the solar system and so on because I played games like 'Mystery at the Musem' and 'Carmen Sandiego in Space', and watched documentaries with my parents, and had parents that made sure I attended junior school lessons.

So try to be more considerate of others, even if what they do hurts you.
>>
>>25228034
Very few people do.
>>
>>25231410
actually iq is 80% genetic
>>
>>25231673

I doubt it's anything like 80%, and I'm not sure that IQ is necessarily definitive of intelligence... but let's assume that intelligent is almost entirely genetic.

In that case, both smart and dumb people have little real control over their intelligence, they aren't the cause of their own intelligence or stupidity... so why should the intelligent complain at having to deal with the stupidity of those who weren't born intelligent? Anymore than a Stacey who looks beautiful should have a right to complain about the existence of ugly people?
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.