[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> decide to go to family's Christmas party > parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
> decide to go to family's Christmas party
> parents rail on me for being an atheist
> all family railing on me for something or another
Why did I even fucking try, I made a thread asking if I should go, and everyone said yes. Fuck this.
>>
File: freethinker.jpg (87 KB, 789x444) Image search: [Google]
freethinker.jpg
87 KB, 789x444
your fault for being an atheist
>>
I never discuss my beliefs, religion, politics, etc. with anybody in my family. The risk is just far too great especially considering my views and opinions are far outside the societal norms.
>>
File: best girl 13.png (232 KB, 398x351) Image search: [Google]
best girl 13.png
232 KB, 398x351
>>25225834
>>25225817
I don't normally entertain shitposting, but in this case, anon is actually right.

I don't know if God is there, no one does, no matter how much I WANT to believe in eternal paradise where best girl and I live in a wonderful companionship with family and friends, where things are OK, etc etc. The idea of dying is not only scary but terribly depressing and sad. Anyway back to the point: My parents are Christian, bible thumpers, hard core believers.

Dad has a masters in Theology, preaches here and there, really buys the whole God thing, and I don't think I'm superior for not following a specific religion I just don't feel comfortable with it anymore, despite being raised in it. I wish I hadn't been because I want the hard truth over false reality, knowing that the hard truth would wriggle its way into my life no matter how hard I would try to keep it out. My parents will face this as well and its going to hit harder than it did with me. They probably already deal with it, pushing it to the back of their mind.

With that being said, do you really expect emotional support from your family in this case? My parents tried their best with me, they don't understand why I just don't go out and be successful, they are incapable of comprehending certain things, so whats the point in going around saying "I'm atheist, mom and dad please stop forcing me to say 'bless me' when I see you I'm tired of the empty words and superficiality that comes with modern Christianity"? It'll only cost me mental energy and cause them emotional pain, so I grit my teeth and just go with the flow. I never say I'm Christian, and I never say I'm atheist, I just avoid the subject if its brought up.

If they out right ask me I tell them "I don't know, I'm not religious".

You're going to have to find family and acceptance within yourself before finding people to share your life with. Life is constant pain and struggle, we have to work hard enough to bear fruits of happiness.
>>
>>25225972
Thanks anon, I'll try to just deal with it I guess.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.