[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>family is sitting around discussing Star Wars like the plebs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: Image2.png (149 KB, 355x352) Image search: [Google]
Image2.png
149 KB, 355x352
>family is sitting around discussing Star Wars like the plebs they are
>massive inaccuracies and errors in everything they say

I am not going to go in there, anons. I am not going to go in there. I will not take this bait.
>>
File: 1438197699010.png (191 KB, 501x600) Image search: [Google]
1438197699010.png
191 KB, 501x600
>>25225288
>not hiding his power level and using only limited portion of his knowledge to apear "smart" but not "weird" in the group conversation
Its almost like you want to stay here forever...
>>
Exact same when they're talking about anything remotely technology related
>muh iPhone better than you Samsung
>Kamera so much gooder
How to combat this without going full REEEEEE
>>
>>25225783
Learn to have self control? and accept that not everyone is going to be as tech savvy as you are.
>>
>>25227145
>tech savvy
I'm not falling for it
>>
>>25225288
*tips fedora*
do you ever find yourself actually saying "you have made an error in what you said"?
>>
File: 130 KB.jpg (130 KB, 383x472) Image search: [Google]
130 KB.jpg
130 KB, 383x472
>nephew was developing into a fine young man
>gets into Yu-gi-oh! hardcore
>gets nothing but CCG cards for christmas
>was growing a nice shaggy head of hair
>his mother made him go get a dork cut
>he's refusing to take his acne medication and his mother -won't- force him to do that

It's tearing me apart seeing him go down the dark road.
>>
>>25225783
If the only thing you care about is the camera, the iPhone isn't even the best choice. At worst, they're demonstrating brand-loyalty induced ignorance (and ignorance of the fact that more than 2 companies make smartphones). At best, they're more comfortable with the iPhone in general and don't feel like saying "it just werks" and trying to defend that as a good enough reason for all of the nickle and diming apple does for a relatively mediocre product that doesn't play well with devices from other manufacturers.
>>
>>25225288
it's fucking star wars, there is always going to be inaccuracies in every discussion. give me an example of what they are saying though
>>
>>25227317
>dark vader
>life saver

My sister was going on about how Star Wars was always intended to be a long story, and how in 1977 the movie opened with "Episode IV" in the title crawl, which is simply not true. That wasn't added until the revival showings.
>>
File: 1444078460580.jpg (301 KB, 1240x775) Image search: [Google]
1444078460580.jpg
301 KB, 1240x775
>>25227390
>>dark vader
>>life saver
don't go in, it's not worth it.
>>
>>25225783
Any tech talk is the worst. They'll talk about their gadgets cluelessly for a few minutes, and then the rants come 'back in my day we didn't need this shit and talked to people blah blah i wanna throw all this in trash why dont we use the same shit from 1980 which was better cuz i knew howta use it!'
>>
>not talking about how star wars is contributing to the death of western society

Fuck off normalscum
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.