[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So guys I'm having Christmas with my family. Here is my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (285 KB, 788x756) Image search: [Google]
image.png
285 KB, 788x756
So guys I'm having Christmas with my family.

Here is my worry when I get back I'm going back ft. Lauderdale to be unemployed. I'm qualified to be a deckhand on a yacht and ordinary seaman on a freighter but I can only find day work on a yacht.

My dad wants me to go to a maritime college I just applied for but I'll be there for 4 years and in my first you can't have games on your laptop or listen to music. I also tell my dad I want to get a car but he says j shouldn't even though I can pay for it.

I might just go for Maritime Administration, and wait till the Maritime industry gets better than be an OS on a freighter. If I'm studying Marine Administration I won't be I the corps of cadets with its rules.
>>
>>25223206
Good luck anon its hard field to get into but also consider the fact that a maritime academy is only 4 years.
>>
Well, you've certainly committed to a career on the sea, I hope that you get rewarded down the road.

Knowing less than zero about the sea (other than you need a beard and say "Aye" a lot), I'd ask what the cost of the college is compared with expected wage. Don't let the whole "no laptop" policy deter you if it will be a good move in other ways. A year will fly by.

Also, if you don't absolutely need a car, don't get one. They can be a money sink.
>>
>>25224734
It's not no laptop it's no games on laptops for freshmen.
>>
>>25225150
Regardless, if you think that will be better for your future, it's a small sacrifice. what would your "future you" want you to do now?
>>
>>25225371
Thing I don't have all those silly rules if I'm a Marine Administration major.
>>
>>25225585
So what's the difference between Maratime college and maratime Admin?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.