[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to restaurant with dad >orders fillet mignon, well-done,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: 1413229545325[1].jpg (19 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1413229545325[1].jpg
19 KB, 306x306
>go to restaurant with dad
>orders fillet mignon, well-done, drowns it in peppercorn sauce
>orders "whatever is the cheapest lager"
>flirts with 16-year-old waitress
>talks with his mouth fluff, chewing between words
>elbows on the table most of the evening

Never again. Who here has pleb family?
>>
I get the other stuff but what is wrong with having your elbows on the table?
>>
>>25223256
>I get the other stuff but what is wrong with having your elbows on the table?

Practically, it jiggles the drinks every time you move. It's a pretty basic violation of proper table manners.
>>
>>25223256
It's common table manners to keep elbows off the table.
>>
>>25223256
Its a manners thing. I myself don't care much for social norms.
>>
>>25223163

Your dad sounds like he doesn't give a fuck. I like the sound of him.
>>
>>25223296
>>25223291
Do you keep your arms dangling off to the side like some kind of beta cuck during meals?
I keep my elbows on the table because it's less movement necessary to reach your food.
>>
>>25223291
What kind of shitty tables do you eat off of?
>>
File: c-bukowski-title.jpg (141 KB, 1242x1020) Image search: [Google]
c-bukowski-title.jpg
141 KB, 1242x1020
>complaining about having a fucking BAUSS for a dad
Kill yourself, OP
>>
>>25223163
He also holds his fork in his right hand and the knife in the left. Went full pleb.
>>
My dad chews with his mouth open and it triggers the fuck out of me. I refuse to eat near him because of this. He also breathes through his mouth and makes these weird groaning noises as he exhales, drives me fucking nuts.
>>
>>25223336

I put my forearms on the edge of the table. Just not my elbows
>>
>>25223336
>like some kind of beta cuck

Couldn't have put it better myself, anon. I need to reach my food rather than having orangutan like arms that are wobbling in the air and making efficient food consumption near impossible.
>>
>>25223341
>>25223291
>>25223256
MABEL MABEL STRONG AND ABLE
GET YOUR ELBOWS OFF THE TABLE

This was my grandmother's obnoxious rhyme anytime someone violated this arbitrary and baffling "table manner"

What's more rude: resting your arms on an elbow-level surface in front of you or being screeched at with a nursery rhyme by an old woman? Or, for that matter, being bitched out by your own son on the internet?
>>
At least you have a dad to do things with.
>>
>>25223405

Is he left handed?
>>
>>25223341
>What kind of shitty tables do you eat off of?

Any table that isn't olted to floor will rock a little, especially if you're sat at an older wooden table.
>>
your dad sounds fucking alpha

how did you end up in a place like this?
>>
>>25223437
>Is he left handed?

No, right handed.
>>
>>25223163
You're dad knows what he likes and wants and gets it without giving a fuck what anyone thinks. You should try to be more like him.
>>
>>25223336
it depends. at a fancy restaurant or hipster coffeeshop, I usually keep my elbows off the table subconsciously, but at home or a more blue collar establishment, I put my elbows on the table, especially if I'm eating some kind of finger food. if you're eating a burger and your elbows aren't on the table, you're doing it all wrong
>>
>>25223454
>your dad sounds fucking alpha

He's not. He's on his third marriage and got cucked by his second wife. He's not alpha - just has the manners and decorum of a pig.
>>
>>25223501
What if I'm eating your mom and one of my elbows is halfway up her cunt? What do I do with the other?
>>
>go to a restaurant with dad
>orders foie gras as an appetizer even though it is not the ideal season for sublime foie gras and it will be subpar at best
>uses the sauce spoon to scoop his caviar onto his cracker
>uses his salad fork to eat his cordon bleu
>cuts it with a serrated knife
>only tips 15%
>says "please" and "thank you" to the servants instead of refusing to acknowledge their presence
Why oh why is father dearest such a peasant
Oh lamentable fate that Providence saw fit to place me with such a boorish, brutish famille
>>
>>25223490

His actions are inexcusable. If he were a leftie, it'd be alright. I'm sorry your father is a pleb
>>
>>25223506
>third marriage
why do oldfags do this? they get cucked and extorted twice yet still decide to trust a modern woman with their financial, social, and emotional well being? anyone who thinks even slightly logically can see the problem with that
>>
>>25223163
OP CONFIRMED FOR DOESN'T DESERVE HIS BADASS DAD!

Also, did you know that the society that dictates common etiquette education removed the rule about elbows on tables? Just Thought I'd share.
>>
>>25223604
>Also, did you know that the society that dictates common etiquette education removed the rule about elbows on tables?

Then they are no longer worthy of their station. What next, shitting in the streets?
>>
>>25223163
>orders fillet mignon, well-done
>well-done
That should be a crime.
>>
File: 1430484517176.jpg (11 KB, 260x172) Image search: [Google]
1430484517176.jpg
11 KB, 260x172
>>25223163
>talks with his mouth fluff, chewing between words

disown him
>>
>>25223383
this
>tfw beta as fuck dad
>>
>>25223163
Are you the same anon who keeps making shit threads about your dad stomping around the house in his boots?
>>
>>25223336
keeping your elbows on the table is a sign that you are a uncultured swine who has no basic table manners, it means you had bad parents or grew up in some redneck countryside, it's table etiquette 101
>>
I can forgive all of this. What drives me fucking crazy is fork biters. The sound of them chewing the fork, biting down as hard an they can and then pulling it out between their teeth is soul piercing, and my mother loves doing it.

The well done steak thing is a meme. Sure it exposes their pleb status, I only get pissed when they cook my steak wrong. I ask for rare it's medium, I ask for blue and it's 1 degree F under medium. My family can't cook for shit. My first time pan searing it came out perfect. I didn't even use the thermometer, but the finger test.
>>
>>25224122

I grew up poor and redneck, dirt road and single wide, the whole shebang. Even we observed the no elbows on table rule.
>>
>Mother: NOBODY IN THIS HOUSEHOLD HELPS ME. I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING BY MYSELF, IT'S SO STRESSFUL, YOU'RE ALL LAZY
>I do something
>Mother takes over from me out of nowhere.
>"YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG HERE LET ME DO IT"
>Offer to help when she's busy
>"No, no. I'll do this ALL MYSELF."

The worst.
>>
>>25224682
Congrats, she's a passive aggressive cunt.
>>
File: verbal kint.gif (1 MB, 268x268) Image search: [Google]
verbal kint.gif
1 MB, 268x268
>>25223163
you're lucky.
my dad points fingers and insults people on the street.

like a kid, a really stupid one.

he's like "look at that fat ugly lady over there"
while the lady in question is literally 10 feet away and is looking at him.

he also can't seem to stop talking about stupid shit that no one cares about, he just talk for the sake of talking, which tends to make me wanna beat him up with a shovel to make him STFU

i'm genuinely starting to believe that my dad is becoming senile
>>
>>25223425
My grandma used to say the same rhyme. That or should would wrack my knuckles with a wooden spoon if I wasn't paying attention
>>
>>25223580
It's better than being alone tbqh
>>
>>25223163

>filet mignon
>well done

Nigga he could've just bought beef jerky and saved a ton of money
>>
>>25223405
I do that, im not even left handed
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.