[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I become an interesting person? My entire youth I lived
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: EHHHHH.png (966 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
EHHHHH.png
966 KB, 1280x720
How do I become an interesting person?

My entire youth I lived a pretty sheltered life, I have no stories or experiences or hobbies, I get bored of things easily and I'm always tired. Even old hobbies I used to have like videogames are wearing thin. I can barely hold a conversation with someone because I can feel them getting actively bored as I talk.

What hobbies do you guys have? What do you do for fun? What makes a person interesting to you?
>>
Read. Research topics. Then you know shit and can have interesting conversations.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (38 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
38 KB, 480x360
have the normie YOLO mentality
and try new things
that will drag people around you and make you interesting (useful) for others.
>>
>>25223150
Let me know when you find out, OP.

People say they like me because I'm a "good listener" which means I'm a fucking submissive doormat. They don't ask for advice, they just vent their problems onto me and then go back to doing fun things. I'm never invited or wanted at the fun things because I have no personality besides "good listener".
>>
Being interesting isn't about life experience, it's mainly about humor, intelligence, and charisma.
>>
>>25223518
People don't tend to ask for advice till they see you have a decent track record at giving it, and that usually starts with you intervening when they're venting instead of just sitting there and listening.
>>
>>25223555
So, things you're born with. Cool. Just another unfixable negative checkbox filled in, along with "ugly face", "anxiety", and "short".
>>
File: 4chan hiroshima bombs.jpg (155 KB, 676x673) Image search: [Google]
4chan hiroshima bombs.jpg
155 KB, 676x673
>>25223150
Become a 4chan janitor. You will have endless anecdotes from your new role and plenty of cash too.
>>
Interesting is about packaging. I grew up in bfe, gravel roads and everything. I know how to tell stories though. If they can't confirm it then apply your artistic license and spruce the stories up a bit. Worst comes to worst steal greentext from here.

Generally normies don't have interests. Even things you'd think they like such as alcohol they actually have no interest in or even dislike it. You have to stay dynamic and tailor your responses according to their output. Sometimes they're teetotallers, sometimes they just don't know wine but drink beer, sometimes they just drink whatever is closest and don't give two shits about alcohol. In the first case you change the topic abruptly, in the second focus on beer, in the third you either change the topic or focus more on 'dude I wuz so durnk xd' style tales. This is just an example of course, but the template works with everything from vidya and mountain biking to religion and politics.
>>
You can browse leddit, shit like TIL or whatever, and just spew out those socially acceptable shitty little facts on people whenever the conversations stop, that way you can continue to contribute to it. Still boring and tiresome for you, but maybe less so for the person you talk too.
>>
>>25223150
>How do I become an interesting person?

Stop playing video games (THIS IS IMPORTANT, THEY ADD LITTLE TO YOUR LIFE COMPARED TO EVERYTHING ELSE LISTED)

Learn a new language

Read up on drugs (you can bluff your way into convos with any user)

Quit mindlessly consuming pop culture, everyone does that now, it's not interesting anymore, creating is far more beneficial

Become self-sufficient in areas, learn how to cook properly, learn how to fix common things, you will always be wanted, make your own bread, make your own alcohol.

Create a garden and keep it up, people love food, they love gardens, it teaches you a minimal amount of responsibility and you literally get something out of it.

Do art, constantly, for fun, for decoration, to sell (maybe) It's art it doesnt have to be "good", make abstract shit if you cant draw.

Write, your thoughts, your fears. You can turn your weaknesses into strengths by creating a novel or something, there is no barrier to this these days, you might even earn a small amount of money.

Travel (if you can)

Design a diet plan and stick to it and work out, yes everyone does this, but it's useful and just comparing your journey with others can make you more interesting

Now before you give me any excuses, im not saying you have to do all of this, im just saying mix and match whatever suits you. If you have a problem with doing all the things i've suggested maybe deep down you are admitting you don't want to put the minimal amount of effort it takes to improve yourself.

If that's the case go back to your video games and don't bother asking for help.
>>
I'm an amateur musician OP, you could try that.

Most people think it's pretty cool.

Physical things like sports are cool too, I do judo and unless you're physically disabled or morbidly obese you could as well.
>>
>>25223150
I am interesting for a NEET. You could literally gain a story from any little thing bro.

Examples from me:
-Put a metallic colored gum wrapper in both slots of power outlet.
-Met face to face with a black bear
-Crashed car pulling out of parking spot then drove to take behind the wheel test

This is coming from a guy that has only 3 interests: Girls, computer stuff, and vidya.

Pretty sure what makes people interesting is when they are different than normal.
>>
>>25223836

Disregard everything this retarded asshole says. It's garbage advice. If you like vidya that's a good thing. Become a console peasant if you aren't already and play some bro-op shit like Star wars or generic fps 9001 like black cops. Vidya adds a great deal to your life. You'll be hard pressed to make any friends if you stop playing them. I still play billiards and cards on the weekend, but during the week if I want to talk to my friends it's done through vidya.

The most ridiculous advice is learn a language. Me already speak English, the official language of the only people in the world worth talking to. Awkwardly stuttering out some manko wa omae doesn't make you interesting.
>>
You quite literally dont. You either have that sort of personality who can make the most mundane day sounding as if it was THE day of your life, or you have the quiet nature, who can't make his lifetime worth of adventures interest even his close friends.

It's really not about the topics, it's all about the way you talk about them. To be more precise, it's 200% all about charisma and nothing else.
>>
>>25223836
Do the exact opposite of what this guy says
>>
File: 1450864381317.png (225 KB, 478x556) Image search: [Google]
1450864381317.png
225 KB, 478x556
I feel like a non-person sometimes. Things just don't happen to me. I observe. I listen. I console. I tell, but I don't actually DO.

I'm not even the type where you crack open my shell and reveal a whole dearth of interesting things underneath. The only thing behind my blank eyes (I'm told I have blank, emotionless eyes) is just swirling anxieties and fears.

I'm so desperate to have a personality that I lie my way through conversations and I know they can fucking see through my crap. I'm sure I've contradicted myself several times to people and I'm sure they can see right through it.
>>
>>25223150
>be in an interview
>what kind of quirkiness or interesting thing have you done that will instantly let people know that it is you
>proceed to spill my tortellini on the ground
>come up with some stupid story about playing WoW from 10am to 3 in the morning with only 1 meal in between
>still scored a second interview
>>
>>25223150
Actors pretend their character has a secret. It helps fill out their role, even if we never learn about it.

Get yourself a secret, anon. Fuck or kill something you shouldn't.
>>
File: IMG_20151224_163105.jpg (115 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151224_163105.jpg
115 KB, 1252x1252
>>25224660
I guess there are worse ideas.
If this were a party, I know I'd rather talk to the guy who secretly abducts tourists, even if we were just talking about Star Wars or whatever.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.