[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you agree with this man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
Do you agree with this man?
>>
>>25222818
Yeah sure. How the hell can a majority of the population have a chemical imbalance?
>>
Cock sucker of L.Ron plz leave.
Fuck off and die.
>>
>>25222818
And yet having alien ghosts in your head that you need to pay money to a cult is so much more plausible?

"Chemical imbalance" is basically a meme, but the drugs work in a lot of cases because sometimes it's less of an imbalance so much as an insensitivity to, or part of a much larger faulty pathway that involves neurotransmitters in some step
>>
>>25222905
>Chemical imbalance" is basically a meme
This. Your brain is constantly 'imbalanced'. It's called having emotions.

What SSRIs do is give you a false sense of happiness/stability. It's much more useful to address the underlying issues with causes you to be sad than to artificially fix them with happy pills.

I believe 'spontaneous' depression (with few to no external triggers) is extremely rare. These are the kind of people who'd profit from SSRIs the most, as there is not much if anything which can be fixed in the first place.
>>
>>25222905
>And yet having alien ghosts in your head that you need to pay money to a cult is so much more plausible?

It's perfectly reasonable to suspect that both things are wrong.
>>
he's crazy, but he's right. psychiatry is a jew meme

yes yes good goy pay me to listen to your problems, yes yes
>>
>>25222818
yeah that's true
>>25223063
that isn't psychiatry
>>
No, autopsies of depressed/suicidal people have found that they have more serotonin receptors than the average population. It's like heroin addiction. Your body grows more opiate receptors as your addiction increases, and you start to need to fill them just to feel normal. It's the same thing with serotonin receptors, the main neurotransmitter for happiness that blocks symptoms of anxiety. Without that serotonin, it feels like something is gravely wrong and you start to feel depressed.

Not everyone has this serotonin deficiency though of course, some people are just sad about things.
>>
I don't see why there wouldn't be a chemical imbalance in someone who lives in Alaska and wants to kill himself from months in the dark for instance
>>
>>25223063
it really isn't supposed to be that
but pharma has turned it into a money making machine - over-diagnosing people and over prescribing medicine to people who don't need it
>>
>>25222818

Scientologists are at 'war' with psychologists though, they even have an office called the Citizens' Commission on Human Rights to attack it.
>>
Ok fags lets clear this subject one and for all
Problem is when you make difference between toughts and "chemicals" in your brain as different things.
Thing is that you get feelings from chemicals which are caused by toughts so in order to change how you feel you have to change how you think.
Basic principal of CBT therapy
If somebody kicks cat one person may laugh other may be angry its not event that caused your emotion but the way you processed that information
>>
>>25222839
Because the human body isn't supposed to be put under the stress of modern societies.We haven't had enough time to adapt to our current lifestyles.
So the majority of the population is perfectly able to have a chemical imbalance in their brain.
>>
>do you agree with Chad
No. Fuck you Chad.
>>
>>25222818
True, any "imbalance" is caused by an imbalance in the mind, and will reoccur with facing your problems through mental training like behavioral therapy.
>>
>>25223006
>I believe 'spontaneous' depression (with few to no external triggers) is extremely rare.
i've been depressed for the last 15 years with nothing alleviating it, not even psych meds

it's not so rare

but i also have some other conditions
>>
>>25222818
With the current knowledge and useful research of mental health and depression, which is effectively nothing, antidepressants are far from required.
>>
>>25223669
I think any being aware of their own existence has reason to be depressed.
>>
>>25222818
>Scientology
>"Look, I paid to pass the 6th circle!"
>"After this 1 million dollar payment gets through, I'll be able to get to the 7th circle!"
Into the trash, never listen to people that stupid.
>>
>>25223122
>Your body grows more opiate receptors as your addiction increases, and you start to need to fill them just to feel normal.
That's not how addiction works lmao
>>
>>25222818

He's fucking right. I can't believe the dumb pleb redditors and 4channers who glibly say shit like "chemical imbalance".

THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND SHIT ABOUT THE BRAIN

ANTIDEPRESSANTS WEREN'T EVEN FUCKING DEVELOPED TO BE ANTIDEPRESSANTS

THEY MAKE UP THE ILLNESS THEN SELL THE DRUG THAT HAPPENS TO AFFECT BEHAVIOUR RELATED TO IT

I'm not saying that you're not sad. But stfu about "chemical imbalances"
>>
>>25223006
being human is reason enough to be depressed really, and no one can fix that.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.