[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here who's the failed family member? >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: 33d.png (92 KB, 633x863) Image search: [Google]
33d.png
92 KB, 633x863
Anyone else here who's the failed family member?

> Mom is 52, her brother is 54.
> I'm 24, my cousin is 25.

No matter what I do, I'll never be better than her in my family's eyes. I've worked and studied my ass off since forever, but I'll never be better. Today, on Christmas eve, my mom calls. During this phone call, she tells me that my cousin's just bought a million dollar house and she makes sure to smear it all over my face. No merry christmas or nothing. I ask her where my dad is and if I can talk to him. She tells me that he's on Facetime to see my cousin's newborn baby and her new house.
>>
That's rough bro, I never reply to posts but this is currently unfolding for me as well.

My family isn't as forward and rude about it though, but guess who is more likely to change?
>>
>>25222635

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through the same, anon. It hurts - especially since it's done by one's own family.
>>
What does you cousin work as?
>>
Have three siblings and several cousins.
>One sister travels the world and educates people about art, literature, and film. Every family gathering, she has more stories to tell.
>The other works as a lawyer who makes ridiculous amounts of money, and my parents constantly keep updated on her most recent cases.
>My brother owns a business, has two kids, and is married to a Stacy that used to be a model.
>One cousin is in the military. He's has a long and successful career in it, and is "Fightan for arr cuntry!" So he can do no wrong. Recently, he bought a cottage in Germany, and I think he's moving there with his Stacy wife.
>Another cousin owns a gym and is built like ten Chads. He runs some program helping injured athletes and makes ridiculous sums of cash and fucks a different woman each night. He makes sure to tell everyone too.
>Another cousin is starting a political career. He led some organization that basically yelled about rebuilding a bridge in town until someone else did it, and now everyone sees him as some kind of hero.
>All my other relatives have successful, happy lives and post about it on a daily basis on normiebook.

And here I am just doing my best to get by from day to day. I clean toilets for a living and live in the basement of an apartment complex. Once, my mom introduced me at a party as, "The starving artist of the family" to save face for when people asked about my work.
>>
>>25222587
what a fuckin cunt
>>
>>25222974

I don't know and I don't wanna know.
>>
>>25222587
Your family is pretty shit. Not even my shitty ass parents would be that rude to my face... most of the time. Definitely not on a Christmas eve phone call.
>>
File: 1302243183954.jpg (40 KB, 800x599) Image search: [Google]
1302243183954.jpg
40 KB, 800x599
>mfw 26 with 80 bucks in the bank

Just reading that slayed me, can't imagine how I'd feel if my mother called me with that news.
>>
>>25222993
And you know what? All of them are self centered cunts. Out of all of those people, you are the most civil and the most down to earth person. You work an honest job and live a humble, normal life. I'd respect you more than the others if it was me.
>>
>>25222587
My parents and most of my family are fuck ups so I do not know this feel thankfully.
>>
>>25222587
You're lucky its a cousin. My sister is a grade A kissass. So naturally she did extremely well in school. Shes literally still in school at age 27, to become a doctor. Shes doing well despite it being so competitive.

I... am a NEET that nobody in the family really cares about, everyone looks down on me. Your situation isn't that bad OP...
>>
>>25223079
And the funny thing is, my dad calls me every day to say what's up etc. On christmas eve he doesn't since my cousin and her amazing achievements outshadow me by a mile, apparently.
>>
>>25223080

Op here, 24 with about 200 in the bank. Have almost nothing left after the bills are paid, but I'm proud of it. I may never travel or see the world, but at least I don't rely on other people's money.
>>
A minor positive about being in a poor family is that everyone has shit or no jobs, so they can't talk down to me.

Besides the 'when you gonna have a cute wittle baby, anon?' shit, which makes me cackle inside knowing the line of misery ends here.
>>
I used to be. College drop-out, working menial jobs that I'd quit after a few months so that my parents would get off of my back.

I eventually went back to college and graduated. Got a good job now. But I'm still the "black sheep", and through recent actions, I got disowned. So, life is harsh.
>>
>>25223099
Lucky bastard and dubs confirm.
>>
File: Nene cowboy shot.jpg (306 KB, 735x1000) Image search: [Google]
Nene cowboy shot.jpg
306 KB, 735x1000
>>25222587
>22 and about to hit my 4th year in community college
>need to pay $1000 to get back in
>family doesn't know yet
>family constantly disgusted and disappointed by my presence
I don't know why I haven't killed myself yet.
>>
>>25222587
My uncle is a 50 yo khv neet that still lives with his dad, so I still have quite some work to do before reaching his mana levels.
>>
>>25222587
No my family consists of losers, I'm actually one of the most succefull, and that's saying a fucking lot.
>>
>>25223157
Iktf. When my parents look at my cousins son, they look at me with great shame.
>>
>>25222587
Hearing stuff like this should inspire you to do better.
>>
File: 1421730354497.jpg (35 KB, 244x437) Image search: [Google]
1421730354497.jpg
35 KB, 244x437
If you are not THE failed family member by default, you're a fucking failed normie at most and need to leave.
>>
>>25223095
Thanks man. I appreciate that.

I'd buy you a beer, if I could.
>>
>>25222587
Ive dropped out of college twice and community college twice and have been NEET for the better part of four years. It's hard to face my extended family.
>>
>>25223105

Oh, I forgot to mention that my sister is the same as yours. She studies 7 hours a day for no fucking reason, she cries when she gets a B+ and she does not sleep at night because of 'muh homework'. Her homework is all shit that she makes up. I attended the same high school as her, I spent a maximum of 4 hours on each assignment and still got good grades. She spends at least 20.. and oh, she's going to 'real college'. Just because the college I attended is lesser known, it's apparently not a real college.
>>
>>25223286
And I'd buy you one too. Merry Christmas, anon.
>>
>>25223246

I was a fuckup as a kid. I was in a prison type of thing for young adults, I got kicked out of school, I ran away from home etc. Last year I completed college with A's in all of my finals, got a job and moved into a nice sized flat. Now I'm helping kids out of the same troubles that I had back then.
>>
>>25223286
>cleaning toilets
You can't be serious. You are the worst type of wagecuck, seriously, kill yourself. Why even live ? You literally clean other people's shit for a living. I don't even like the NEET meme, but fuck this, were I you I'd end it or just rob people for some cash.
>>
>>25223202

> Mana levels.

Christmas keks were had.
>>
>>25223162
Why'd you get disowned, anon? If I may ask.
>>
>>25223200

> 22 and about to hit my 4th year in community college
> Need to pay $1000 to get back in
> Family doesn't know yet
> Family constantly disgusted and disappointed by my presence
> I don't know why I haven't killed myself yet.

If your family were even half decent people, they'd pay those 1000$.

>> 25223226

> No my family consists of losers, I'm actually one of the most succefull, and that's saying a fucking lot.

Lucky bastard.

Original comment number 69 out of 69.
>>
>>25223393
Yeah. I think about it a lot.
>>
>>25223257
im the only child so by default im the failed one and the best one
>>
>>25222587
I am not sure if my cousins even know if I exist. Fuck I don't even know who my cousins are. I do know that if my cousins are anything like their parents, I am better off than them.
>>
>>25222587
go to new city, start a new life and forget those fuckers. Tell the police and authorities that you won't be findable by your family, because they will call you as missed.
>>
>>25224089

Keep it like that, it's for the better.

>>25224091

My cousin and her family are in another country but our countries are close to each other.
>>
I'm the most successful of my family, parents are insane drug addicts/dealers, my brothers a pot head whose been unemployed for years and my sister is a 21 yr old NEET who's mentally fucked up from growing up with my shitty parents.
>>
>>25223301
Oh man... that certainly makes matters worse. Although my sister was the freaking valedictorian at our highschool... (She graduated with a 4.86 GPA.) But hey, at least you're not a depressed NEET that isn't going to get anywhere like me. You're still miles ahead of me man, you're not a real failure by a longshot. Just remember that and you'll be fine.
>>
>>25224228
In every dark cloud there's a silver lining.
>>
>>25222587
i was the best family member, then the worst, now im somewhere between.

best
>accepted to med school
>first person in my family to be a doctor
>hate it and drop out after 1 semester

worst
>unemployed for 6 months after dropping out
>living at home at 26 years old
>hate my life

somewhere in between
>planning on getting masters in another field of study
>moving to another city to do so
>>
>>25224297
You're not a lost cause at all, anon. You still have hope and it's all in your hands. Just go for that in between zone, anon, and you'll be fine. Merry Christmas.
>>
>>25224269
No there's not, having a shit family you can't rely on for anything just weakens you.
>>
>Ask mom what she wants for christmas
>"just get me some smokes, not like you can afford anything else anyway. If you were more like your sister you could buy me something decent"

t-thanks mom.
I was saving for 4 months to buy my family christmas presents. I was being really frugal since I have a mcjob and put together $1500 for their gifts this year, but meh.

Since shes so bitchy i think ill buy myself a new gaming PC, and donate the rest to ASPCA or someshit
>>
>>25224664
Fuck her but don't donate shit man. Get things you need with that money. ASPCA can get donations from people who can afford it.
>>
>>25224439
I meant that you were the silver lining in your shitty family.
>>
>multi-generation fuck-up family
>don't even need to go into in-laws/cousins, one statutorily raped two girls and another got pregnant at 12
>neither parent has a degree (including stepfather)
>mother is OCD PTSD out the wazoo, stepfather is a burnout but makes ok money (more than she does at least)
>biological father was bipolar type 1
>killed himself in his 20s
>sister has an MS, though not in STEM and not her first two choices
>brother has a child he didn't intend to have (his wife went off birth control) and is working on his BS
>I'm 25 in my junior year, brother and I both failed HS, I've failed/withdrew 8 classes so far
>I have my AS in Engineering and Applied Sciences in my room, working on Electrical BS
>both my parents together might break $60k, bottom 10% of engineers make like $60k
What really sucks is EVERYONE else in the family (except sister) has kids and a regular job (sister has job). My sister and brother were in the military too, so they're basically handed free jobs and education afterwards.

I'm still the failed family member, even including my parents.
>>
>>25224664
Get her a carton and tell her you wish she were dead lel
>>
>>25224664
charities are a scam
t. my mom worked for one
>>
>>25223301
>20
Jesus fuck.
On the bright side, she will likely die before you because of all that unnecessary stress and sleep deprivation.
>>
>>25222587
What does your cousin work as?
>>
>>25225261
They never tell me, they just brag about her achievements.
>>
>>25223698
You do honest work. You're on your own feet. Don't be a meme.
>>
>>25224228
Could you hook me up with your sister?
>>
>>25224813
>>25225038
I like animals, though. I have a few hundred left over.

Maybe ill just pick up a couple strays with that money.
>>
>>25223200
Try being 28 and going back to community college . . .

>have worthless BA in political science
>have near min wage part time job
>live with parents
>parents hate me
>no friends
>no gf
>only real asset is 16 year old used car my parents bought me
>the car and the rest of my shit seems to be falling apart.
>literally did nothing to deserve this except be socially awkward
>>
>>25226023
My brother. Go to a temp agency.
>>
File: 1445539523696.jpg (134 KB, 713x960) Image search: [Google]
1445539523696.jpg
134 KB, 713x960
i was the failed family member for a while, but the dynamics changed over the last five years.

i was a terrible student, barely made it into university and then dropped out within 2 years. my older sister went to a upper level private university and graduated within 3 years, was in a sorority, and got a job in new york right after graduation.

fast forward after i dropped out of college...

i joined the military (usaf) and started behaving with just a bit more responsibly. my sister ended up 3k in debt and had to move back home, and now just works as a bartender in her 30s. i didn't get out of the military on good terms, but i still have a white collar job due to my work experience in the AF. after i finish my bachelors i'll probably double my earning potential and be firmly middle class by the time i'm 30.

i love my sister and want the best for her, but she just will not apply herself anymore. she was a non-slutty stacy, great athlete with brains to back it up, but i think she burnt out early in life. i'm not exactly a success story, but i'm more deferential and respectful to my folks and they seem to appreciate it.

>tfw your dad is way more successful and just cooler then you will ever be.
>>
File: s6guhnI.png (482 KB, 1203x1447) Image search: [Google]
s6guhnI.png
482 KB, 1203x1447
>>25222587
>Tfw I am the good one
>Tfw I out do/did my siblings in everything and make more money than they ever will.
And still I'm the one they love the least, my mother and father almost ruined my highschool career, severed all ties with friends I had since 8 yrs old and ruined my one of my long term gfs. All in the name of my heroin addict neet older brother because "he needs us right now."
>>
>>25222587
Funny how common these things are. sometimes families don't love each other. sometimes families just don't care.

my dad was in the same situation. he had some really rich cousins back in his old country who acted like they owned the world. my dad was always less loved than the rest of the family.

one day he just stopped caring. he left his old country for Canada, the rich cousins became jealous and his mom tried to break our family apart many times and still does.

but he says that he dosent regret doing so. sometimes when we get into really deep conversation he tells me that the first time he cried since he stopped caring about anything is when I was born. now he has a good house and a good life (my moms a bitch tho)

my point is that you shouldn't let anyone hold you back. approval is either there or it isn't. you have worked hard, now use it. just live your life happily and don't worry about your piece of shit mom

im a failure though in everything I have ever done so im a different story
>>
I'm 19, i droped out of hs and am trying to graduate through homeschooling. If the government will even accept that. If not I'll get a ged and enlist, hopefully i get deployed and gain a minute amout of respect before i kick the bucket at the end of some sandniggers gun
>>
>>25226483
you need 15 college credits if youre gonna get a GED
>>
File: 1450928930732.png (39 KB, 500x466) Image search: [Google]
1450928930732.png
39 KB, 500x466
>>25226502
I guess that means suicide next ywar then. i want one more year so i can finish my anime list
i would never have become a weeb if my family had supported even a little bit during hs, as it is only Japanese cartoons make me feel happy anymore. feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>25226645
>>25226645
15 college credits to enlist with a GED
just try to graduate with a HS diploma. 15 credits is just a semester at community college
>>
I feel like everyone has that cousin that's better than us and is constantly compared to us. Feels bad man. Stay strong Familia
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.