[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any reason not to just be a manchild for the rest of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: 1450857806557.jpg (162 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1450857806557.jpg
162 KB, 640x640
Is there any reason not to just be a manchild for the rest of my life? Everything that society pressures us into doing to become 'men' or become 'normies' just makes me miserable.

I don't want to live in my parents' basement and be the typical fat neckbeard (I take care of my hygiene, have recently been going to the gym 4-5 days a week), cuddling with a daki and making/playing video games and being alone makes me comfortable. I dunno if it's happiness, but it's not just pure depression.

Is it okay if I am a full on selfish manchild for the rest of my life as long as I'm not a burden on societ, like if I get my own place and hopefully managed to pay rent making games, and take care of myself?

Will I regret it? Is there anything in the average/normal life that is really all that amazing?
>>
Other than girls and friends normie life sucks ass.
>>
>>25221827
>Is there anything in the average/normal life that is really all that amazing?
No. Do what makes you happy.
Just be prepared for a bunch of insecure normalfags that will come in and screech otherwise because of the cognitive dissonance that any sort of discussion or introspection might cause.
>>
Dude if you have a job/friends/house/car you are a normie.
What makes you a manchild?
>>
Don't concern yourself with these definitions. Just do what you WANT to do, pursue whatever goals you feel you want to achieve, and to hell with the rest.

Seriously, it's your life, so live it.
>>
I don't really care about your actual topic but I'm curious as to what kind of games you make
post 'em
>>
I mean it's your life op, no one gives a fuck how you live it
>>
Real talk if you have your life together you will usually attract better people who aren't scumbags. I would respect a manchild weeb who has a career over a jobless college chad anyday of the week.
>>
This is more or less my current lifestyle. I am 32, single, have no interest in dating or having children. I work because i have to. Otherwise i read books, take pictures of wildlife, care for my six pet geckos, watch anime on the internet and shitpost here.

I feel no responsibility to society. I pay taxes, that's plenty.
>>
>>25221857
Girls are a chore anyways. Friends are only fun when drinking is involved. But then there is always that one annoying person who always owes you drinking money.
>>
>>25221997
No you wouldn't, unless you are not a heterosexual female.
>>
Daily reminder that your happiness is determined by your brain chemistry

You have no hope of ever being fulfilled and are living an existential nightmare
>>
>>25221827
That's not being a manchild, that's being a bachelor. The difference is that a manchild, by definition, is a burden to others, whereas a bachelor is just a single man supporting himself. There's no shame in that and it's completely normal.
>>
>>25222060
>living existential nightmare
>it's reaching it's apex
>life is crumbling apart
>have rationalized that happiness/pleasure has no objective AND subjective value
>don't know what to do now because everybody cares so much about happiness and I just don't give a fuck

Kill myself?
>>
File: 1444850204131.jpg (68 KB, 642x610) Image search: [Google]
1444850204131.jpg
68 KB, 642x610
>>25221827
If being a whore, cutting your dick off, killing people in the army, and wageslaving are the norm I don't want to be part of it. honestly OP that sounds like a great way to live.
>>
File: hehememesucks.png (17 KB, 274x242) Image search: [Google]
hehememesucks.png
17 KB, 274x242
>>25222060
>brain chemistry

nicely memed goyim

btw take these new pills i just invented they will make you better, good goy
>>
>>25222060
Only 50% the rest is determined by environment
>>
>>25221827
Why not? I live a drama/gf free life, and i wouldnt trade it for anything.
>>
I'm wizard with no ambition. There is really no point even trying to be normal anymore. I just do what ever I fucking want and if somebody doesnt like it they can fuck off. But to be honest nobody cares. I dont think I'm manchild tho. I take responsibility if I have to but to my luck or misfortune nobody wants to give me any, at work or outside of it. I think they assume I'm some autistic retard, which is kind of true for sure, but people are still surprised when they find out that I can take care of myself and doing pretty well desu.
>>
>>25222154
Cut it all off at the moment of greatest horror, like waking up from a nightmare.
>>
>>25221827
I WANT PTP!!! GOD DAMN IT WHY WAS I NOT BORN A CHAD!!!
>>
File: i just dunno.jpg (219 KB, 1134x1001) Image search: [Google]
i just dunno.jpg
219 KB, 1134x1001
>>25221827
>Will I regret it? Is there anything in the average/normal life that is really all that amazing?
>Will I regret it?
Nobody knows this for sure. You only know it when you're old. I myself had a nice little place and a easy job and lived like a manchild, but at some point I started thinking that i might regret it when i'm old. So i changed my job to a better paying, but more stressful one and got myself a wife.

I think i did the right choice, but i do miss the old carefree days sometimes. It was so relaxing after a hard days work to come home and just smoke weed/play vidya/do whatever.

I guess there's time for everything. Do your own choice and live with it.
>>
>>25221997
Please be a female in London
>>
Where did this normie meme of taking this picture come from? Is it supposed to be funny?
>>
>>25222314
>got myself a wife

How to get wife doe?
>>
congratulations, you will become the average normie nerd
>>
File: 1450028674248.jpg (220 KB, 1032x1400) Image search: [Google]
1450028674248.jpg
220 KB, 1032x1400
>>25222548
I got mine from tf2. Seriously.
>>
>>25222614
Time for a greentext story senpai.
>>
>>25222614
Neil?
>>
>>25222614
Sauce on this painting? That looks like Vercingetorix in the doorway.
>>
>>25221997
Sure, you will attract more people. Who want to use you for your money and stability, they don't actually like you.
>>
>>25221827
>pay rent making games
are you fucking 14 or some shit

the fuck outta here, you'll become wageslave at some shit company at best
>>
>>25222614

> Omg!
> Sheamus is cashing his Money in the Bank!
> New champion! New champion!
>>
26 here. I've decided that I'll just stay a bachelor and be happy that way for the rest of my life if I don't find a woman special enough to marry and have kids with.

My main reason is that I think spending two thirds of your life with the same partner is absurd and I don't understand how married couples including my parents do it.
>>
getting a vasectomy when i turn 35 in january, no interest in having kids and very little interest in getting married, man child for life over here
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.