[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fingerless Gloves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: fingerless gloves.jpg (217 KB, 1386x1386) Image search: [Google]
fingerless gloves.jpg
217 KB, 1386x1386
Are they basically "hand-fedoras"? Everyone I've met who wore these that wasn't a biker was a total autist.
>>
>>25221318
Yes, more or less. There's few reasons to wear them casually.
>>
Yep, I'd agree. Unless you're a train-hopping hobo in an old movie, you shouldn't be wearing them.
>>
I like them because I smoke and don't want to take my whole glove off to do it.
>>
No
You guys need to stop with this "autistic clothes" bullshit, no matter what you wear you can still be an autists, vise versa too, you can wear autism clothes and be a perfectly fine person

In this case, fingerless gloves were made to help people get a better grip while simultaneously wearing gloves, so essentially anyone that's doing work or manual labor can wear these, and even when you're not, who cares?
>>
>>25221318
/n/ here. Only Freds (casuals or basically an /n/ equivalent of /r9k/'s normies) wear fingerless gloves. True /n/thusiasts either ride without gloves or with fullfinger ones.
>>
>>25221318
I work outside for my field work and I need to be able to handle plants delicately in the winter time. Its much easier to do so with fingerless gloves and they keep my hands warm.
>>
File: 1449361458758.png (206 KB, 749x718) Image search: [Google]
1449361458758.png
206 KB, 749x718
>>25222194
>wears fingerless gloves
>smokes
yeah you belong on this board you fucking subhuman
>>
>>25222208
Looking like an autist is a bad move whether or not you're a fine person, and wearing fingerless gloves or sneakers with jeans or cargo shorts are all obviously terrible choices. You can make those choices and justify them, but you can never suggest "who cares" to people who can't handle the slightest bit of criticism in a world that would tear them apart for wearing dumb autistic shit
>>
>>25221318
I wear them when:
>typing on my computer at zero degrees C
>flying my quadcopter in cold weather
>>
File: convertable mittens.jpg (152 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
convertable mittens.jpg
152 KB, 1000x1000
>>25221318

What about the finger-less gloves with the mitten part that folds back out of the way or goes over your fingers when you need it. Best of both worlds.
>>
>>25222194
You must look like a colossal faggot irl.
>>
How am I gonna play around on my phone without those
>>
They're nice if you want to use your phone without taking your glove off. I should know because my mom gave me a pair of gloves with those screen-sensitive pads on the index finger and thumb and they're shit. They don't even work half the time.
>>
>>25222209
>Freds
That's hilarious.
>>
I cut the index and thumb off my right glove because it's easier to shoot but that's it. Fingerless ones have no practical uses.
>>
>>25221318
i wear when its cold because i want to use my smartphone, i dont care if it looks dumb
>>
>>25223290
you should not be depended on what other people think about you, it makes even more a loser then beeing actually a loser
>>
If you work with your hands in the cold, or you're an Operator then they're fine.

Wearing them for fashion is Autistic
>>
>Live in the American South.
>Have had to wear gloves at all literally only like 3 times in 2 years.

Feels good man.
>>
Fingerless gloves look badass.
>>
>>25223521
This is the right answer.

Need to find me a good pair now.
>>
>>25224574
Do you own rainbow arm warmers too?
>>
>>25221318
cloth fingerless gloves are fine
leather gloves are the ones you need to watch out for
>>
The only thing I can think of using them for is biking and playing instruments in marching band.
>>
they're sensible for things that require a control full gloves do not offer, like certain instruments that I can't recall this instant

outside of that they're plain dumb though.
>>
>>25221318
>that wasn't a biker
Why is this, anyway? Why are they exempt from all the fashion faux-pas?
>>
>>25223521
These exist, and therefore, anyone that buys fingerless gloves is deliberately buying an inferior option solely for unflattering aesthetics.
>>
>>25222194
I do the same thing, also my phone doesn't work with normal gloves
>>
So is autistic fashion just "anything that was cool in 2000" now?
>>
Used to wear them at school for drawing and playing guitar without freezing my hands.
Drawing and playing guitar was pretty much all I did in high school, so yeah I was pretty autistic as well.
>>
I used to like wearing them, but because it was so cringeworthy I only did it when I was out alone where nobody could see me. They're good in theory, if they can keep most of the hand warm while keeping the fingers available. But in practice they kind of cut off the circulation.
So I also liked doing that thing where you pull the sleeve up over your hand and stick your thumb through, but I could never do that in public either even though it was comfy as fuck. I had a hoodie that I specially modified for that. I kept it hidden. I threw it away in somebody else's garbage when it got too small. Same with the fingerless gloves.
>>
>>25224609
Walmart doesn't have them in black.

All I want is for a small piece of cloth to hide the autism when I so please.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.