[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Developing enough awareness to realize any or all of the following:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: wojak in the tunnel of feel.gif (133 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
wojak in the tunnel of feel.gif
133 KB, 500x500
Developing enough awareness to realize any or all of the following:

>life is inherently meaningless
>free will doesn't exist
>the fate of mankind is in the hands of fools
>life is far more suffering than joy

BUT THEN
>you can't pass the emotional hurdles to end it all after recognizing the above

How can i deal with this feel without killing myself?
>>
Try artificial stimulants, works for me.
>>
>>25220743
i agree with everything except
>free will doesn't exist
Explain pls.
I'd say no. They're much more clever than you or I. They're just the pinnacle of humans. And humans are shitty.
>>
>>25220909
free will doesn't exist as all we do is to satisfy an instinct, we are programmed to do things.

>They're much more clever than you

yea fuck you buddy
>>
File: 1449864145260.gif (2 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
1449864145260.gif
2 MB, 400x226

How is this not the most freeing thought ever?
>>
>>25220962
That makes no sense. We still could decide to go against that instinct.

And its true...
>>
It IS awesome, because all lack importance anything you do is equally as good, you can choose what is truly important and have fun with it
>>
File: feeling them boobies heheheheh.png (60 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
feeling them boobies heheheheh.png
60 KB, 500x461
>>25220743
I've got
>meaningless
and
>free will
down, and am currently trying to block out that knowledge with DotA 2 and pirated DS games, while also learning to code.
TbH I'd have already killed myself if I had a way that didn't have a girl-tier success rate, like jumping out of a not particularly high window or attempting to OD on prescription meds.
I also have two sisters and some parents who would be devastated if I went in a way that was obviously suicide, because as far as they know they're they only factors weighing on my life and they would think they drove me to do it.
I'm also way too curious about life after death, or proving the existence thereof
>>
File: fuckyou.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>25220743
Tell me more, enlightened one.
>>
>>25221105
sure we can go against biological instinct, but whatever action we take will always be the result of some combination of inherent biological programming and life experience. in that sense, we are extremely predictable and easily manipulated. we can be made to think that the decisions we make are our own creation, but we ourselves are creations of the world around us so we wouldnt have acted in a certain way if we were brought up under other circumstances
>>
File: 1450720892104.jpg (1 MB, 1916x2872) Image search: [Google]
1450720892104.jpg
1 MB, 1916x2872
Yes but I don't think it should bother people, yeah there's no point and yeah there's no goal but honestly who cares? doesn't matter nothing matters.
just count the minutes my friend
>free will doesn't exist
I don't believe in fate, but I do believe in probability
I wouldn't call them fools, they know what they are doing.
which is too say what they are doing is not for the benefit of everyone, but themselves.
>life is far more suffering than joy
mhmm, take drugs and you can change that.
>>
>>25220743
CONFUSION
WILL BE MY EPITAPH
>>
>>25221443
Nah, that's just a bullshit excuse. I'm a lonely kv just like any other robot. But this delusion is just too full of it.
>>
>take drugs and you can change that.

drugs take money
money takes work
work=suffering
>>
File: fuck technology.png (502 KB, 901x1200) Image search: [Google]
fuck technology.png
502 KB, 901x1200
>>25221810
You can grow your own shit, maybe if you're lucky you can go to your local forest and find some nice magic mushrooms.
>>
This is unrelated but its not worth its own thread:
Family, a normie just called me ugky on jewbook and got 40 likes, how can i make the pain go away?
>>
>>25221928
Tell him to go fuck himself. All the people who liked it as well. Be vulgar as fuck. Let the pain turn into hate and rage.
>>
>>25221994
But anon they just gonna laugh at me and say "cry moar!" n shit
>>
>>25220743
Drugs man, also just deal with that shit you pussy.
>>
>>25222040
Let them. It will give you character and thicker skin. Try your hardest to hurt them through words. Fucking disgusting living pieces of shit for doing this to you on Christmas.
>>
>>25222073
Thanks anon, you always make me feel better.
>>
If you think free will exists, you just haven't realised it yet, everything is either "True Random" or predictable. We are predictable, if we were true random, then how could a conversation take place?
>>
>>25221568
But don't you see, you are a KV because of your surroundings and circumstances and how they shaped you. Ask yourself why. Why are you the way you are? What caused you to be the person you are today? What made you make the choices in your self that has ultimately led you here.
>>
>>25221928

Tell him you have to be a real miserable, piece of shit human being if he needs to make himself feel better. And on Christmas too. Everyone of you who approved of this are poor quality human beings too. You should reevaluate your lives when youre being led by a piece of trash who tries to hurt other peoples feelings on christmas.
>>
File: earthdot.jpg (138 KB, 485x583) Image search: [Google]
earthdot.jpg
138 KB, 485x583
>>25220743
>How can i deal with this feel without killing myself?
Learn to laugh at the absurdity and tragedy of the human race.

We're literally talking apes stranded on a tiny ball of rock orbitting an unremarkable star hovering on the edge of an obscure galaxy; holding between 100-400 billion other stars.

Our plight as a species is so utterly ridiculous that it isn't worth taking seriously. Not to say that we shouldn't care about suffering, but knowing how to laugh at it helps lighten the load of knowing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWFDHynfl1E
>>
>>25222893
fuck. if he needs to hurt other people to make himself feel better*
>>
>>25221568
>I am a 100% rational person so external factors have no effect on me *tips*
I hope you do realize that you personality, the thing you value the most, your individuality was shaped by the external factors you were exposed to like family, society, experiences. Had you been born in Africa you would've been a completely different person, where's your free will now ? Even the fact that you're too dumb to understand determinism and ask stupid questions was determined by things that you can't change, it's not even your fault, we can't even blame you for it.
>I'm a KV
Not by choice, that was determined by your bad circumstances, had you been born pretty you would've probably had more positive social interactions and your personality would've been shaped differently, maybe you could've been a normalfag now.
>>
>>25222824
This idea is much too relative. Comes down to how you want to perceive the universe. Maybe I'm still pathetically clinging on to a vain sense of control. Or maybe you're deluding yourself to feel better about how your life turned out. Bygones be bygones.
>>
>>25223017
>sense of control
Most of your life was determined by outside factors, are you literally this stupid not to see this ?
>>
>>25221514
>just take drugs brah xD
Doesn't work like that. First, you need money and connections for getting drugs regularly, you can always buy some shit that a dealer gave you and end up suffering a lot. Also, drugs that actually do anything like opiates only last for a limited period of time, after that they can bring you a lot of suffering that's probably going to outweight the joy. Also, not everyone has enough money for this. You're retarded.
>>
Free will kind of exists for individuals, we can make our own choices within the confines of what our neurology and culture/environment let us even conceive of as possible choices, but most freely made choices don't actually make any difference. There's no butterfly effect, almost everything you do is lost in the noise of what everyone else does. There are no individual achievements, some individuals appear to stand above the rest but they are the avatars of the accumulated anonymous decisions that made their achievements inevitable.
>>
>>25222895
This is a great way to model your thoughts, thinking about things in an Absurd way gives an open passage to being much less attached to the hard parts of life, or the parts where you matter. Honestly I'm really surprised that this sort of viewpoint isn't more popular; we've been taking pictures of vast amounts of our universe for years. Space time is stretching apart fast, like super fast so what we see isn't even all the space that is out there. Space may even be infinite, like some sort of procedurally generated entropic playground.

I'm writing this because some bacteria decided to retire to a warmer planet, with a bit more sun. Why am I nowhere else in the universe? Because I'm an animal on this planet, that's a huge limit on free will obviously. I can want things, or imagine a desire for things that I could never have. A lot of the arguments for free will have become much more semantic since we've learned more about the brain, it does some amazing, but somewhat predictable things. So who cares? You've never met anyone with a brain that was THAT different, no one has more potential for free will than you do.
>>
OP you're a true beta faggot.

Just accept your life is shit.

Dumb faggot.

Life is inherently meaningful to the person experiencing it.

Isn't that enough, you autistic piece of shit?

Why the fuck do you need more, you fucking low IQ retard?

You failed to create meaning. Kill yourself.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.