[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are depression and anxiety the "I don't know what the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: woman-talking-to-her-doctor.jpg (64 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
woman-talking-to-her-doctor.jpg
64 KB, 600x399
Are depression and anxiety the "I don't know what the fuck I'm doing" diagnoses that doctors are trained to give? I'm 99% certain I've got sleep apnea because I stop breathing sometimes when I'm sleeping but apparently "that's just anxiety."

All five doctors I've seen refuse to see it any other way than depression and anxiety
>>
>>25220669
>Are depression and anxiety the "I don't know what the fuck I'm doing" diagnoses that doctors are trained to give?
Medfag here. A good doctor should refer you to a psych, simply because most of us never learn that shit. I had 3 weeks of psych in 7 years of med school.

It'd be like expecting a painter to be able to sculpt (shit analogy, you get the idea).
>>
If you follow their advice and the problem persists I'm sure they would be more open to try something new.
>>
File: 1447377587266.png (2 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1447377587266.png
2 MB, 900x900
>>25220669
Ever consider that maybe you're presenting symptoms of anxiety and depression and that's what your doctor's picking up on?
>>
>>25220669
How do you know you have sleep apnea? Did someone sleeping in the same room hear you stop breathing? or is it because you just feel tired in the morning?
>>
>>25220669
Cunts like you make doctors mad like hell. I mean, cunts that come in with a diagnossis of their own. Bitch, organise a sleep study of your own, if you wanna know so much. Ask someone to check up on you when you sleep, in the middle of the night. If they see you stop breathing, you have sleep apnea.

Also, what you describe, a feeling of stopping breathin, DOES happen with anxiety. It CAN be sleep apnea too, of course.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.