[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I used to not understand the way everyone on this site would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10
File: image.png (740 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
740 KB, 1920x1080
I used to not understand the way everyone on this site would associate this show with reddit every time it was brought up in discussion so I give it a watch for myself and I absolutely couldn't fucking believe the pure, concentrated, barrage of cuckould propaganda I was hence subjected to. The humor and different episodic concepts have loads of potential but the whole fucking thing goes to the shitter because of filthy hollywood kikery. I unironically love the fuck out of adventure time purely because of my own colorful, dumb autistic preferences and am currently wearing a t shirt of my actual unironic waifu Marceline the Vampire Queen, but fuck this show. Everyone who has watched, analyzed, and goes on to like it, for the good of this board and this website, should promptly and with great haste fuck off back to posting on their reddit accounts that they first discovered /b/ on via r/4chan.
>>
>>25220135
>barrage of cuckould propaganda I was hence subjected to
Like?
>>
File: Jasper_face.png (386 KB, 872x489) Image search: [Google]
Jasper_face.png
386 KB, 872x489
Who gives a fuck about AT and Reddit and Memey. We all know what the superior show with the superior waifus is.
>>
WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE THIS MUCH ABOUT TELEVISION YOU
STUPID
FUCKING
IDIOT
>>
File: 1406407570097.gif (891 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1406407570097.gif
891 KB, 500x275
>>25220208
>Liking Steven Tumblrverse
>>
>>25220208

Garnet's song made me cry for some reason, I just felt a great welling of emotion and burst into treats.
>>
I have never once been on Tumble or Reddit, but I thought that it's pretty funny. It's well written, the pace is good, the characters develop well, and the humor is light hearted. It's not the best thing in the world, but it holds its own.

The episode with the dog overlords sort of won my heart, though. Morty reminds me of a younger self, too.
>>
remember when waifu used to actually mean something?

too many fuckers throw the word around so much now that it's meaningless.
>>
You like Marceline? You are in the same intellectual range as Willow Smith.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>25220208
Close but no cigar, my dude
>>
>>25220268
It's actually pretty fuckin' good, I wish I didn't shit on it for months thinking it was strictly tumblrshit before I gave it a shot.

It is tumblrshit, but still somehow not bad.
>>
>>25220135
>one joke about an old ass man letting a black guy fuck his wife
>barrage of pure cuckold propaganda
you're so bored you have to INVENT things to bitch about
>>
>>25220327
upvoted for visibility
>>
>>25220368
>>25220268
I used to call it tumblrshit too but it started getting good past episode 7.

It's refreshing to watch a cartoon where all the characters love each other unconditionally. No stupid slapstick shit where the characters hurt each other for laughs. When they do hurt each other it's resolved and meaningful in a way.

This show warms my heart, has there ever been a main character as nice and lovable as Steven?
>>
>>25220424
I can't decide which characters I like the most. I don't like Lapis though.
>>
File: 1444109550618.jpg (91 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1444109550618.jpg
91 KB, 612x612
>>25220135
Not half as bad as you make it out to be. A for effort though.
>>
>>25220316
That song gave me goosebumps, I'm glad they kept on to her singing voice until the finale. I think Jasper and peridot singing voices are going to sound like ass though.
>>
>>25220456
I don't like Lapis either, she's a weak ass bitch tbqh. My favorites are Jasper and Garnet. Pearl is a shit, please don't choose her.
>>
File: summer.jpg (176 KB, 1109x774) Image search: [Google]
summer.jpg
176 KB, 1109x774
Not gonna read that post as it looks long and boring but rick and morty is the shit
>>
>>25220424
I feel the same way about AT, it's just so comfy and nostalgic the way the characters interact and care about each other
>>
>Tumblr Time
>bashing rick and morty
alright then
>>
>>25220542
What do you not like about it senpai
>>
>>25220135
>am currently wearing a t shirt of my actual unironic waifu Marceline the Vampire Queen

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

also, pic/link to the shirt?
>>
>>25220135
and can you explain why, instead of just crying around?
>>
>>25220368
its shit and you re gay
>>
>>25220576
Not them but I've never seen a show with so much potential as Adventure Time go from patrician to utter dog shit so fast. That is everyone's issue with it, the instant catering to the tumblr crowd as soon as it took off. Even Korra wasn't as bad.
>>
File: tumblr_n4bvarkLlm1tv9ffbo1_500.png (240 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4bvarkLlm1tv9ffbo1_500.png
240 KB, 500x369
>>25220523
Two of 2
>>
>>25220715
I'm not too familliar with tumblr but I see where you might be coming from on a few things
>>
>>25220497
Jasper is just too much of a bulldyke, but Garnet is top tier definitely.

Pearl is cool, I know she is an annoying salty bitch but it's becoming a plot point that it is part of her function as a rogue servant gem.
>>
>>25220754
The first couple seasons were excellent. But I honestly always, always hated the fucking edgelord middle schooler's wet dream that is Marceline the flannel-wearing, proto-hipster vampire queen. She is like everything I hate rolled into one character.

Her arc with Simon is the ONLY thing interesting about her. And by the time the show even had a main plot it was way beyond shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 563x853) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 563x853
>>25220583
Hand drawn by my roommate as an early christmas gift
>>
>>25220424
What kin do you identify as? What's your preferred pronouns? fucking tumblr fag
>>
Let's set things straight here:

30% of adventure time is fucking amazing. The lore and character development is fantastic. The rest of the episodes are garbage about dancing, unimportant characters, and low brow humor.

Rick and Morty was produced by the guy who voices lemongrab in Adventure Time, and many of the characters in the show are also AT voice actors. Most of the dialogue is actually improv, and it's pulled off quite well.

There are a lot of satirical scenes of popular sci-fi and traditional horror in the show as well as some clever tricks to the audience. It also nonchalantly plays with themes of existentialism and fatalism as if they were complete jokes.

Watch this, it'll make more sense

https://youtu.be/hWFDHynfl1E
7/10 it's alright. The majority of its fan base just thinks it's funny voices and noodle arms, so don't expect more than a reddit tier audience.
>>
>>25220805
IRL yes, someone like marceline would probably be a shitty person and her styles and mannerisms probably remind you of that, but I think she has alot of positive characteristics that most real girls like that often don't have as much
>>
>>25220882
That's a good gift but you look like a weak-chinned faggot.
>>
>>25220995
>Discussing Adventure Time characters
I hope you die IRL
>>
>>25220995
It's still cool girl traits slapped onto a shitty ex-gf self insert.
>>
>>25220979
>>25220979
Meme harder, you cock fetishist.
>>
File: image.png (28 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
image.png
28 KB, 500x223
>>25221027
Why do you think I'm here
>>
>>25221047
I can see where you come from with that, it's just a toxic attraction of mine
>>
>>25220988
>Most of the dialogue is actually improv, and it's pulled off quite well.

this is really important to know in order to enjoy the r&m. i thought the show was just okay, but once i figured this out -- that the dialogue is so weird and stilted because justin roiland literally walks into the studio and vocally shitposts his lines -- the whole thing became a thousand percent more endearing to me.
>>
GUYS GUYS GUYS!
What is the episode that some sort of aliens multiply by inserting good menories in the people's minds, and when you least expect it the whole house is filled with hubdreds of different characters and no one knows who is real and who is alien, but the little boy finds the secret: the aliens can only make good memories so they start killing anyone who they can't remember anything bad about.
Come on, it's a famous episode! WHAT IS IT?
>>
>>25221331
PLEASE ANSWER ME!!!!!!! I KNOW YOU KNOW THE ANSWER JUST PLEASE HEEEELP ME!!!!
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 540x540
>>25221029
You're a meany
>>
>tfw Moral Orel was cancelled for being too dark
At least it didn't turn out to be a meme fest

The Beforel Orel special was shit though
>>
>>25221434
There are 20 episodes look it up faggot
>>
>>25220988
The drama is garbage and pointless when other shows do it so much better. Adventure time should've just been wacky fantasy adventures but it's become about daddy issues and teenage angst.
>>
>>25221331
like an early s2 episode
>>
>>25221331
>>25221434
total rickall
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.