[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have the following pills to treat depression and anxiety:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: pill-bottle-pile-9-24-12.jpg (108 KB, 408x272) Image search: [Google]
pill-bottle-pile-9-24-12.jpg
108 KB, 408x272
I have the following pills to treat depression and anxiety:

>Lexapro
>Buspar
>Klonopin
>Abilify
>Trazadone
>Paxil
>Zoloft
>Wellbutrin

Which one is likely to work best?
>>
just fucking kill yourself man. Just get it over with.
>>
you're a failure at life and will never amount to anything without being heavily medicated and even then, all the odds are stacked against you.

kill yourself because you're a burden to society and an embarrassment to your parents.
>>
>>25213765
I'm currently majorly depressed and on wellbutrin and abilify. Sometime i don't feel like human trash.
>>
>>25213797
>>25213841
Do we have some massive runover from /b/ or reddit tonight?

Get the fuck off this board and back to your normalshit playground.

>>25213765
I have been on all of those, and although they did not work on me, I would suggest you try Lexapro + 2.5mg abilify adjunct. If your anxiety worsens, immediately stop the abilify.
>>
>>25213927
>muh r9k hugbox

triggered? Need to go cry?

you're human waste being kept alive by meds.
>>
>>25213976
>i'm being edgy on the internet
You're not going to hurt anyone's feelings here. We've all been told to kill ourselves countless times.

Fuck off back to /b/ where you think your edgy comments will actually mean something.

Go try wizchan next. Those pathetic guys will surely respond the way you want them to.
>>
>>25213927
>>25213860
When people say "depression," I used to think it meant sadness. But lately I've been sleeping 75% of the day, and having no energy to do anything. It's heading to class and immediately going back to bed as soon as class is done.
>>
>>25214017
take the hint? If you're being kept alive by meds and everyone around you is telling you to kill yourself, what the fuck are you still doing here?
>>
>>25214060
>When people say "depression," I used to think it meant sadness. But lately I've been sleeping 75% of the day, and having no energy to do anything. It's heading to class and immediately going back to bed as soon as class is done.
Most people don't understand what true depression is. I have felt the same as you for the past 10 years, and medication doesn't work for me. I hope you can find a medicine that will help you.

>>25214095
>take the hint? If you're being kept alive by meds and everyone around you is telling you to kill yourself, what the fuck are you still doing here?
Continuing to suck the $2k disability money out of your taxes, faggot. I hope it makes you seethe with rage.
>>
Why don't you quit being a retarded tumblrete and realize that none of them work and you have to quit being a little baby who thinks you actually mean something and are important if you want to be happy
>>
>>25214095

You before him, worthless faggot.
>>
>>25214113
actually I kinda like that I help people like you being kept alive.
>>
>>25214117
>Why don't you quit being a retarded tumblrete and realize that none of them work
Yeah, the completely verifiable chemical interactions these medicines cause and their well studied and proven effects are ALL a Jewish plot by big pharma. NONE of them actually work. They're all basically sugar pills.

t. you, who failed general chemistry.
>>
>>25213765
They're all pretty much the same, they just have different brand names.
>>
>>25214143
Nice samefagging, faggot.
>>
>>25214212
Explain the placebo phenomena then
How come the just as many people who got fake zoloft pills got the same results as ones with real ones?
Can you do that?
>>
>>25214143
>being called worthless faggot by a depressed failure

you know that quick motion you do with your hands when a fly lands near you ear, and it makes an annoying sound? that's how I deal with garbage like you.
>>
>>25214239
>Explain the placebo phenomena then
>How come the just as many people who got fake zoloft pills got the same results as ones with real ones?
>Can you do that?
Sure. It's a result of most normalshits not understanding what "depression" is, and a result of doctors having to prescribe and diagnose you with something to get your pathetic ass out of their office. You think some fat american who is sad because they got fired and goes to the doctor for "depression" isn't going to throw a fit when the doctor tells them they are just situationally depressed?

The only time you see the placebo reaction like that is with antidepressants treating ONLY depression. In every other mental illness: anxiety, bipolar I-II-depression, schizo, etc, you will see that the placebo effect is not in play.
>>
>>25213765
have u tried just being urself?
>>
>>25214346
do you really need a pill to tell you that thinking about killing yourself all day is probably bad for your head
>>
>>25213765
>a pill to cure your feelings
Yeah just change your lifestyle instead.
>>
File: you.jpg (4 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
4 KB, 201x251
>>25214346
hahahaha

>I am the only one experiencing depression...true depression
>>
>>25213765

klonopin wont do but make you zone out and it has to be tapered when you come off of it

trazadone is usually best for inducing sleep

zoloft is decently well tolerated, gi issues may arise

abilify is a new drug with less of the side effects of the others, generally well tolerated

buspar is shit

paxil is old school

wellbutrin is kinda eh

source- nursing school

you should honestly be speaking with an MD and having them help you, dont diagnose with the internet
>>
>>25214371
>do you really need a pill to tell you that thinking about killing yourself all day is probably bad for your head
What?
Did you even read the conversation?
People that are actually sick with MDD or BPD and such know that those thoughts are horrible for them, but it's literally out of their fucking control.

>>25214384
Strawman, but okay. Nice misuse of the fedora meme.

There is a distinct difference between the failed normalshits on this board that are "depressed" from a lack of a gf, and say/think things like "if only I had a gf, my life would be so much better," and people who have been struggling with intense depression for fucking years and have no idea what would make it stop or make it better.

The vast majority of "depressed" individuals fall into the first category.
>>
>>25214408
>source- nursing school
>klonopin wont do but make you zone out and it has to be tapered when you come off of it
Sounds like you failed most of your classes when it came to prescriptions. Klonopin should be a daily dose for him if he has anxiety issues.
>but muh dependency
Just fuck off with that bullshit. You (well maybe not after that comment) and I both know all of the other non-benzo anxiolytics (hydroxyzine is a popular one you muh dependency fucks like to give out) don't work, or work by some kind of workaround, in hydroxyzines case: knocking you the fuck out.
>>
>>25214467

klonapin is for generalized anxiety disorder primarily... and even for that its the worst choice especially since Lorazapam has less of the side effects and a shorter half life

he said he is depressed

either way an MD should be deciding that not him
>>
>>25214408
I've tried discussion with a doctor. Where do you think I got these drugs?

I'm stuck with an Indian doctor who doesn't seem to know what he's doing, and a woman psychiatrist who doesn't really believe in medication and wants me in therapy instead of using pills but still gives me pills instead. I'm stuck with her because I roasted the male psychiatrist my university provided.
>>
>>25214425
>The vast majority of "depressed" individuals fall into the first category

source: your ass.

you're not special. you're the same shit as the soccer mom crying to her doctor about feeling sad.
>>
>>25214488
>klonapin is for generalized anxiety disorder primarily.
No, klonopin is for all anxiety disorders and is preferred in cases of social anxiety/generalized where you have to be outside of your comfort zone/house for long periods of time because it's slow to peak and lasts a lot longer than something like alprazolam or lorazapam. Klonopin has almost no side effects besides the drowsiness that all benzos have, and it's not going to incapacitate him like alprazolam would unless he's taking huge dosages.
>he said he is depressed
No, he said:
>I have the following pills to treat depression and anxiety:

>either way an MD should be deciding that not him
Do you have any idea how hard it is to find an MD who isn't required by their employer to heavily restrict the amount of benzos they give out? Do you have any idea how hard it is to find an MD who isn't fucking brainwashed into thinking benzos are the next heroin? Benzos are THE ONLY (at the moment, there are some drugs in the works that will likely replace and be more effective than benzos, without the dependency issue) drugs that are effective for anxiety issues when antidepressants like lexapro don't work.

OP should take lexapro + abilify, and if his anxiety doesn't go away he should stop the abilify and take the klonpin.
>>
>>25214511
>you're not special. you're the same shit as the soccer mom crying to her doctor about feeling sad.
t. failed college

I think I'll trust my psychiatrist, you know, the guy who went to med school, than some retarded fuck on the internet who took the /pol/ pill rectally.
>>
>>25214380
The reason doctors prescribe these is that some people can't change their lifestyles without them.
Why do so many people have no tolerance for ambiguity? Was it always like this?
>>
>>25214572
>Why do so many people have no tolerance for ambiguity? Was it always like this?
The underage normalshit infestation we have now likes to think they know everything, or believe everything they read on the internet or their boomer parents told them. Many of them believe /pol/ or some facebook group or their parents at face value when they say psych meds are mind control/placebo and mental illness is a scam.

Just ignore them.
>>
>>25214566

sure thing buddy, trust the guy that's dependant on people like you to make a living.
>>
>>25214632
>sure thing buddy, trust the guy that's dependant on people like you to make a living.
I think you may have misclicked your desired board. Try one of these, instead:

>>>/b/
>>>/pol/
>>>/reddit/
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.