[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /fightingdepression/? What do you do to try to be more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1450404083409.png (257 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
1450404083409.png
257 KB, 600x579
Who here /fightingdepression/? What do you do to try to be more positive?
>>
I've been reading books lately and it helps keep my mind busy from thinking negative thoughts. Much better than TV or video games ever did
>>
Sometimes a dirty ass is what's really getting me down so I wipe
>>
There is no positive.

I just distract myself with iced coffee and music.
>>
>>25213567
Yes, you are right, reading works for me. I think it helps improving your attention span.
>>
>>25213602
Pretty much this
I've been distracting myself with trying for once at the gym - It's not a hobby, I'm not making "gains", I'm still weak as fuck, but a miniscule increase is better than not trying at all.

Only thing that keeps me going is my dream of having a 3 day a week part time job that pays $20+ an hour.

I value my free time more than anything

Also merry christmas
>>
>>25213539
Audiobooks. I have a lot of them, mostly Discworld, and plugging myself into one of them keeps me from reaching for the trigger.

It is a bad day when I do not have a full battery.
>>
Fighting it is futile. Its with you til you die, there is no winning. The best you can hope for is forgetting about it for a while by doing stuff that takes your mind off reality.

Thats the way it is for me anyway...
>>
>>25213640
>3 day a week part time job that pays $20+ an hour.

Nurse.

It's not part time but you only have to work 3 days a week
>>
I find my mornings set the pace for the rest of my day so whenever I can feel the null ach before I can open my eyes I make it a point of slowly willing myself out of bed and into the shower with small promises of rewards like a nice cup of coffee or something different for breakfast. The rest of off day goes like that; making it to the next little checkpoint until I finally go to bed and in turn chalk up another relatively successful day.
>>
>>25213602

There is also no negative
>>
How do I tell if I am depressed or just in a state of prolonged blues/ lack of positivity (past 7-8 months)?

I don't want to stupidly act like I suffer from something I don't, but at the same time it would justify how I've been feeling.
>>
>>25213681
THIS

Patton Oswald talks about depression a lot. You never REALLY get over it. It's just this "friend" who lives on your shoulder and will fuck off for months at a time but just come back when he feels like it. YOu learn to deal with having him there.
>>
I watch motivational videos on youtube

Nothing picks me up like videos of angry black guys screaming about dreams and success while clips from movies play in the background
>>
>>25215364

Forget the labels. Forget the identities.
You're in a shit place and you need to get out of it. That's all that matters.
>>
Theres is nothing positive, the key is to delude yourself, ignorance is bliss.
>>
File: 4EDIT.jpg (114 KB, 613x606) Image search: [Google]
4EDIT.jpg
114 KB, 613x606
young thug motivates the shit out of me, he's like my personal cheerleader :3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-QxSh19nDI
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.