[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Fucking Past
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: the past.png (81 KB, 1134x669) Image search: [Google]
the past.png
81 KB, 1134x669
I'm sitting here pretty high, going through the US network television schedules from 1989-1993 and I feel this incredible pining. I was born shortly before that period and just barely old enough to actually remember things from that time. I remember wearing Toronto Blue Jays caps and watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

But this pining isn't to be a child in that time, it's to be an adult. I feel this longing to be me now in another time. I imagine watching Dinosaurs and waiting for new episodes of Seinfeld and watching The Simpsons bloom. And I wonder about how my goals would be different. Would I have just stuck to playing drums in a rock band or would I have developed the same interest in electronic music? Instead of spending money on MIDI controllers and listening to Death Grips and Youth Code, would I be buying a PortaStudio and Yamaha PSR-36 or DX-7 and listening to Techno Animal and Nine Inch Nails? Would I have had the means to discover the Memphis rap and Japanese noise music that I now know because of the internet?

I also think about buying records and CDs and keeping up to date not with websites but with subscriptions to alternative music magazines and college radio stations.

I think about the things I would have done without the internet; would I have ended up playing Dungeons & Dragons? Pretty sure I would have been all over Aeon Flux.

>tldr I'm stoned and having pining fantasies to be 27 in 1992
>waiting for the new weekly episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation after seeing TOS in syndication as a child.
>>
Pining to live in different times is something of a hobby for me. Ancient times or the far future. Wondering about life as a further evolved or developed human. Or living in the 20s.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.