[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been browsing this site for 10 years, and like many
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1439201829091.jpg (103 KB, 831x762) Image search: [Google]
1439201829091.jpg
103 KB, 831x762
I've been browsing this site for 10 years, and like many people I'm mixed on the changes Hiro has made. Here are some suggestions for how we can improve 4chan on a site-wide basis.

>Remove forced originality from /r9k/. Allow women hate once more, and change the name of the board to /rp/.
>Divide existing boards into smaller boards for focused discussion. /tv/ could be unclogged by creating a /got/ and /sw/ board, for example. It worked for /mlp/.
>Enable user-created boards once they've been approved by administrators.
>No mandatory flags on any board. Users can create their own flags or banners that will be displayed alongside the post number, or select from a variety of premade ones.
>Get rid of the antiquated BBS style posting. Each post within a thread will have replies nested with a simple click-to-view system.
>Mandatory user IDs to discourage samefagging. Enable the option to register custom IDs that can be used via password, eliminating the need for tripcodes. These IDs will expire after 6 months of inactivity. Users will be able to send hidden posts to one another based on ID.
>The whole blue/orange color scheme is like TRON or something. Change it to a sensible white background.
>Display a board-tan in the top-left corner of each board, adding some spice to the overall UI and fostering a sense of community.
>Enable an option to collectively hide obnoxious shitposters via a flag/save system. If the overall balance of flag:save is negative, the post will be hidden from view automatically and must be manually clicked to view.
>In addition to the above flagging system, users will be able to purchase a "super save" for a small fee that they can gift to users who make posts of exceptional quality.
>Keep the image uploading system, but remove lowres image previews in case the content is obscene or triggering to users. Instead, make the images auto-upload to a third party website, and display a link to the content within the post.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
>>
File: 1449678414051.jpg (91 KB, 1218x911) Image search: [Google]
1449678414051.jpg
91 KB, 1218x911
>>25212893
>Thoughts?
I think you're fucking retarded.
>>
Why are you posting them here?
go annoy /qa/ instead.
>>
>>25212893
Soooooo reddit?
>>
>>25212893
Do you want this to become fucking reddit?
The more of a clusterfuck this place is, the better content.
>>
>>25212893
>Remove forced originality from /r9k/
why don't you just go to /b/?

>upboat system
oh, you're from plebbit.
>>
>>25212893
being an oldfag was cool in 2008, now you're a just a big old loser
>>
>>25212893
9/10, made me literally feel a bit sick.
>>
Who are you even quoting you gigantic fuccboi
>>
File: he's going all out bait.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
he's going all out bait.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>>25212893
>Keep the image uploading system, but remove lowres image previews in case the content is obscene or triggering to users.
Your bait almost worked on me until this point
>>
That already exist is called reddit
>>
>No. It didn't get much better, but it did a LITTLE bit by reinstating the robot.
>No. /mlp/ is just a containment board similar to /soc/ and what /b/ is now.
>No. You've got memechan for that memeshit.
>No. They'll just be used for tripwhores who think they're above using a tripcode, but still want to be known.
>Reddit leave
>Reddit leave
>Reddit leave
>Waifushitters leave. Board-tan posters are the worst, they'll jump to any new board even if they have no intention of using it and shit it up for weeks trying to come up with that bullshit.
>Reddit leave
>Reddit leave

>obscene or triggering to users
Why does everything have to be censored instead of people just not using the site? Why do people have to come to places they obviously don't want to be in and then attempt to force change?
>>
Some of the shit you're suggesting you can accomplish with the magic of CSS but everything other than that is absolutely retarded and completely /reddit/.
>>
File: 1449573179973.jpg (18 KB, 259x365) Image search: [Google]
1449573179973.jpg
18 KB, 259x365
>Mandatory user IDs to discourage samefagging
Why didn't you just say you were from Reddit?
I could have hidden this thread by now.
>>
>>25212964
Nice argument.

>>25213086
>>25213078
>>25213153
>Reddit has the ability to post text so 4chan shouldn't

This is literally how dumb you all are.
>>
File: 1447389106791.jpg (48 KB, 726x684) Image search: [Google]
1447389106791.jpg
48 KB, 726x684
>>25213078
this basically

the most original comment you will ever see in your pathetic fucking life
>>
>>25212893
Good attempt mate but far too obvious

Serious potential here though
>>
>>25212893
Oh man you really had my jimmies rustling there OP. 8/10
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.