[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /r9k/. I was thinking about buying myself Fallout 4 for Christmas.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (34 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
34 KB, 238x293
Hey /r9k/. I was thinking about buying myself Fallout 4 for Christmas. However, my computer is a piece of shit and I don't know if it will be able to handle it. Could you guys help me out?

My computer stats:
>only 4GB RAM (3.89 usable)
>200 GB free HDD space
>Processor: Intel Pentium CPU N3530 @ 2.16 GHz
>64-bit OS
>>
>>25210780
watch this thread 404 I am the thread killer
>>
And video card? lmao
>>
>>25210780
where's your graphics card dude

buy it on steam, see if you can run it, if not then get a refund
>>
>>25210780
sorry bud
CPU: Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent

RAM:8 GB
Video Card:NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent
Free Disk Space:30 GB
>>
>>25210780
Sorry my man but you wouldn't even be able to run it on the lowest settings at anywhere near playable level

I'm not joking, consider getting a cheap pre owned console if you really want to play it
>>
there's no way you can play it man, don't waste your money. i'm in the same boat.
>>
File: 12-RollerFloor.jpg (49 KB, 443x477) Image search: [Google]
12-RollerFloor.jpg
49 KB, 443x477
>>25210844
>>25210806
sorry, im a pleb and this is babby's first PC gaming attempt

news flash: my computer is a piece of shit
>>
>>25210916
yeah, there's zero chance

your computer doesn't have a graphics card
>>
File: fuckmeupfam.png (33 KB, 543x343) Image search: [Google]
fuckmeupfam.png
33 KB, 543x343
>>25210944
fug

>>25210860
does fallout 4 run only on xbox 1 and ps4? I cant really afford an entire console, im not much of a gamer. I used to love videogames but stopped. I played Fallout 4 at a friends and it was a blast though
>>
>>25210995
Unfortunately yeah it is only for the newer consoles.

If your build as it is now was better i'd recommend just throwing a $80 graphics card in there but it would just be a waste.
>>
>>25211011
fuck. computers nowadays are such pieces of shit it's hardly worth putting any money into buying them.

Could I build a computer that has good enough specs for gaming and drawing with a tablet for less than $800?
>>
File: 1450672972846.jpg (72 KB, 585x400) Image search: [Google]
1450672972846.jpg
72 KB, 585x400
Literally the worst game I played this year.
You're not missing anything.
>>
>>25211067
You could build a computer that would run rings around the PS4 and would be able to draw with a tablet for $800 (assuming you're in the US)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bJqMzy

You probably wouldn't be able to find much better than this for that price, and if you're not running a 1080p monitor at the moment I would get one.
>>
>>25211143
damn son. looks like I'm gonna pick up all the extra shifts for the next month or two so I can buy that motherfucker. thanks anon
>>
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MA7AMKY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01

I bought an Alienware alpha when they were on sale for $380 and I spent $20 on another 4gb of ram. It works pretty well. It's way better than my laptop for games and it's small as fuck. I got it so I could play fallout 4 but I haven't picked it up yet. I was hoping it's go on sale on steam for Christmas.
>>
>>25211310
>Alienware
please OP whatever you do don't buy this
>>
>>25211351
Sure it's dells gamer meme brand but I got a really nice PC for $400. I don't think you could build one this nice for that price that's smaller than a Wii.
>>
>>25210780
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/M9HMzy
>>
>>25210780
listen fuckface
do not buy fallout 4
you're better off upgrading your computer and pirating that shitty game, it's literally broken like literally literal literally broken mein fraulen dude man. do not support todd howard and his lies his endless stream of lies that he is feeding the plebs are you a pleb or something there buddy pal man?
>>
Would ASUS GDDR5 730GT with enough RAM suffice? I'm planning on bulking up my ram to at least 12 GB I usually get annoying lags with FC4 and GTA V I'm thinking the 4GB RAM might be suspect
>>
Maybe with the lowest visual settings...
That's how I played more than 100 hours of skyrim... The graphics were terrible, like, worse than a ps2 game. But even so, I could play it and I had some fun...
Inspired by your post I'm downloading it right now. Don't know why would you actually buy it, it's not an online game, is it? Just go full pirate and torrent that shit up.
It'll only finnish downloading next month because my internet is very shit and game is very big. But once it's done, I'll try to play with all the minimum settings possible. It might work, who nows... After all the graphics in the game are not so great... I heard people saying that it had graphics of the previous generation. I couldn't care less, I'm going for gameplay and story, graphics can't exist on my computer.
>>
>>25211067
Fallout 4 also has shitty optimization, so don't fret too much.
>>
>>25211918
Why is my torrent speed so slow? Are they onto me? Are they cutting my internet? WHY IS IT 10 PERCENT THE CAPACITY?
>>
2004 I with my computer with 512 RAM playing doom 3
patience
>>
Google "cyri req lab" or pirate the game just to see if it works.
>>
Buy the shittiest fucking i3 and a GT 7XX and you'll be fine on medium graphics
>>
>>25212433
As well as 4 gb more ram, forgot to mention
>>
File: mac.jpg (26 KB, 614x410) Image search: [Google]
mac.jpg
26 KB, 614x410
I'll just play Fallout 1
en mi mac G3
>>
>>25211196

If you've never built a pc before I suggest you watch this. It's a pretty good guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls
>>
had same shit as you, 550ti with better cpu and more ram on lowest setting had frame rate issues when too many guys on screen, was pretty unplayable for me. your only issue is the outdated gfx card. upgrade and you will be laughing.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.