[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the FUCK don't you just go to the gym and get fit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 25
File: GoldsWeb.jpg (293 KB, 700x465) Image search: [Google]
GoldsWeb.jpg
293 KB, 700x465
Why the FUCK don't you just go to the gym and get fit?
>>
>>25209353
Because I don't want to do something wrong and have people laugh at me.
>>
>>25209353
Cuz life is a prison, so I'll just do jail house workouts.
Nomnomnom burpees.
>>
>>25209353
I did and it didn't change a thing except that women look at me longer than they used to.
>>
>>25209353

Crippling depression stops me from doing a lot of things tbqh famjam
>>
>paying for a gym membership
buying all of the equipment for your house would probably be cheaper if you plan on working out for years and years
>>
>>25209353
>le get fit meme
Nah
>>
>>25209353
99% of these threads where some Anon is cryingabout something it's beuase there fat. I ask all the time I susec it, and they're always fat.

Robot = fat
Autism = fat
Asperger's = fat
Anxiety = fat
Depression = fat
NEET = fat

etc. etc.
>>
>>25209416
>depression
>real

Pick onee
>>
>>25209353
Literally what's the point? I don't care about women and I don't work a physical job, total waste of time.
>>
>>25209353
I feel very uncomfortable in my weak body, don't even want to expose my frailness in a gym even if it's only for a couple weeks/months and then I do get fit
>>
>>25209353
crippling social anxiety
>tfw you have to ask to your sister to order and pay for delivery pizza for you
>>
>>25209442
Yeah, no. There's tons of skinny people with mental health issues. Hell, a lot of us /fit/ people play sisyphus with the rock just to have something to be moderately positive about.
>>
But what if they laugh at me?
>>
>>25209353
Why would I want to live longer?
>>
>>25209393
>>25209416
>>25209537
>>25209573
>>25209618
Fight this. You think it's your final opinion but you know deep down the benefits of getting /fit/. We have an angel and a devil on our shoulders. You guy's angel is barely conscious, half dead, bleeding profusely with a broken spine. But still alive. Feed it something. For once.
>>
>>25209419
that's true if you're only using a barbell/power cage. If you use more specialized machines, those can cost upwards of $1000 each. $20/month is cheaper for me, especially since I can move and not have to lug weights with me.
>>
>>25209618
Quit letting that anxiety get the better of you! Nobody's paying attention. Remember that no matter how slow your pace may be you're doing laps over everyone still sitting on the couch.

If you're still majorly uncomfortable you could do jogging or hiking until you become more confident.
>>
>>25209618
Get swole and break em in half pussy
>>
I tried to get fit once

I gave up because I'm 6'6 and I can't force myself to eat 5k cal everyday
>>
>>25209636
You didn't answer the question - what is the point?

I don't care about women or sport, nor do I live in a dangerous nation or work a physical job. What. Is. The. POINT.
>>
I think these manboys would find that the gym dramatically cuts into heir feeling sorry for themselves time.
>>
I'm a piece of garbage and a degenerate pedophile, so it really makes no difference if I'm fit or not. I'm not going to be making friends anyway, and I don't deserve to live a long time.
>>
>>25209353
back problems desu
i'll just eat well and walk
at this point all i want is for my body to stop hurting
>>
Because it requires you going in an environment full of chads whilst being an anxious fuck and getting judged by them all for having the gall to not know what the fuck you're supposed to do.
>>
I used to and women never paid attention to me then. Don't see why it'd be different now. Not like I really care about women anyway
>>
File: anatomy of the deadlift.jpg (62 KB, 500x469) Image search: [Google]
anatomy of the deadlift.jpg
62 KB, 500x469
>>25209745

>back problems desu

I have degenerative lower back disease. Deadlifts are the only thing that make it feel better. Strengthen your core and it might help you too.
>>
I go to the gym so much that I practically live there.

I mainly do it to fight my crippling anxiety and depression. It took a lot of work to even start going.

I do not care about gains or fitness or women or whatever. I just go because it keeps me from wanting to die 24/7. When lifting/running/biking/swimming I do not even think about the bad stuff. I just concentrate on what I'm doing for hours and hours.
>>
>>25209782

>lifting for women

never gonna make it. you lift for yourself and yourself only.
>>
>>25209825
>>lifting for women
there's literally no other reason to lift.
>>
>>25209802
alright i'll look into it
i dont have $$$ for now but if I plan on building a home gym will barbells be enough for everything i need? i also want to be flexible, probably even more than I want to look swole.
>>
>>25209726
I'll tell you why. Because being fit feels FUCKING GREAT. Your body's not made to sleep half the day and eat cheeseburgers while barely moving a muscle. You're supposed to be running for miles to catch your food, and have sex with beautiful women. Going to the gym satisfies one of those needs and you won't be too far away from the second one once you get started
>>
A combination of nihilism, various mental problems that I take medications for, and a general apathy.

Former power lifter here. My social anxiety is so bad when I go to the gym now that I just can't go more than once every few months, and I have to go at a different hour every time.
>>
>>25209825
>>lifting for women
>never gonna make it. you lift for yourself and yourself only.
KEK
Just like girls don't wear makeup to impress men, they do it "for themselves" right?
>>
>been going to the gym for over a year, lost ~20-30 pounds last year
>trying to lose more weight/build muscle
>can't freaking break my habit and cut out the breads sweets and energy drinks
>have opted to try and phase them
>>
>>25209836

>there's literally no other reason to lift

what about to be the best anon you could possibly be? to set goals and destroy them? to prove to yourself that you have what it takes to push yourself further.

>>25209860

putting makeup on isn't a test or a challenge to women. lifting more weight than you did last week is, and as men, accomplishing shit and overcoming challenges is what drives us. It's why you play so much fucking vidya.
>>
File: 0461 - tzmZ7Kp.jpg (76 KB, 544x944) Image search: [Google]
0461 - tzmZ7Kp.jpg
76 KB, 544x944
>>25209353
I do. It hasn't helped much.
>>
my main issue is being such a picky eater that I literally cannot eat vegetables. (I can eat everything else though)

How can I eat healthy to even have a chance at gaining muscle from working out?
>>
>Went to gym
>Got early gainz
>Gainz tapered off after a few months
>Wonder what I'm doing wrong
>Try to eat more, Sleep more, etc
>finally go to doctor for test evaluation
>Very low test, on the edge of 60 year old man tier
>tfw weak jellyfish forever
>>
>>25209353
What the fuck would getting fit change?
i'd still be socially inept
i'd still have a small dick
i'd still be 5'7"
>>
>>25209726
You're missing the point. You know deep down what the point is. What benefits lay ahead, the gates it could open up in your life. You're smart enough to see it. But the problem is you see the negatives as well and decide to stick to that and subconsciously wish for that to happen because deep down you don't love yourself. But I'm saying fight it. Fight the monster that you've been feeding in your head. Telling you it's all for nothing, making you empty inside. For once. Believe in that naive annoyingly hopeful voice. Like you once believed in before getting hurt.
>>
>>25209881
>what about to be the best anon you could possibly be? to set goals and destroy them? to prove to yourself that you have what it takes to push yourself further.
I dont really care about any of that stuff, and don't see any reason why I should. I don't see how that would bring me any happiness, just seems like a waste of time.
>>
I've tried. I can't grow muscle OPkun :(
>>
Because it's fucking pointless. 1: It does not help you get laid, The guys who get girls are skinny tall white guys with tussled hair. (see: every famous actor and pop musician ever) 2: It's no better for your health than walking, running, biking, or any other form of exercise that's free. 3: The strength you gain from it will never be applied to anything ever unless you're a fireman or in some other career requiring ogre strength, and 4: it doesn't help in a fight because all the great martial artists are cut guys.
>>
>>25209852

That's totally fine. I built a home gym actually. All you need is a bench, squat rack, a barbell, dumbbells, and free weights.

It's expensive of course, so you can work your way up to it if you like, which is what I did. Bought two dumbbells and a bench at first. After a few months, bought the squat rack and the barbell. Now I just buy more weights as I get stronger.
>>
>>25209836
sports, health, enjoyment
>>
i have an ugly face, working out isn't going to do anything
>>
>>25209859
>muh nihilism
>muh mental problems
>muh apathy

>Former power lifter here
and... fat
>>
>>25209908

That's because you haven't done it yet, man. Work out for just a few months, and once you start seeing (and feeling) results, you'll become hooked. Most people feel the most motivation starting a couple months in once the hard work starts to show.
>>
I do. I've been lifting since high school. I'm pretty /fit/ but short and still can't into women
>>
>>25209954
>sports,
couldn't give less of a shit about sports
>health,
biking, running, and eating healthy is enough
>enjoyment
dont see how its enjoyable, but if you do then okay.
>>
>>25209896
You're a still a child inside then. You don't deserve the gains.
>>
>>25209896
>that I literally cannot eat vegetables

wow...talk about manboys baka
>>
>>25209870
consume more salts and drink water
>>
>>25209896
you don't need to eat vegetables fuck that shit. I eat mcdonnalds literally twice a day and get sick gains
>>
File: workout.jpg (63 KB, 700x989) Image search: [Google]
workout.jpg
63 KB, 700x989
I'm working on it.
I still have almost 3 years to go still.
>>
i got swole and my life sucked and now im not swole and my life is better
>>
>>25209974
>That's because you haven't done it yet, man.
Dude, my very first post said that I used to lift frequently and didn't see any point to it even after 2 years.
>Most people feel the most motivation starting a couple months in once the hard work starts to show.
All you're talking about is aesthetics, and the only reason i would need that is for women, and as ive already said women dont pay any attention to me even when I lifted. There's no point. I dont get any enjoyment out of it.
I know what your next point will be, you're going to say
>lifting for women
again, and as I've already said, I dont have any reason to lift aside from women, and even that didn't help.
>>
>>25210027

that's a meme workout. yes you'll make some gains, but without being able to add resistance, you'll very soon stagnate.

you need a barbell.
>>
>>25209896
You just need protein fool
>>
>>25210027
Lol. The only remotely challenging thing out of his workout is MAYBE the 100pushups consecutively. Then again. I don't punch stars out of the solar system...
>>
>>25209855
/fit/ pls go

>not original don't care
>>
File: 1412307323833.jpg (91 KB, 500x489) Image search: [Google]
1412307323833.jpg
91 KB, 500x489
i just started going
hopefully i can fix my shitty posture
>>
>>25209987
Biking and running are sports you dunce. Lifting maintains proper posture and flexibility especially as you age.
>>
>>25210062

The point isn't to get swole though.
>>
>>25210058

>again, and as I've already said, I dont have any reason to lift aside from women, and even that didn't help.

nobody says that lifting will grant you pussy, but it certainly helps. your lack of success had to have stemmed from something else. if you figure out what that is and fix it, the lifting will come in handy.
>>
>>25209726
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." -Socrates
>>
>>25210100

yes, but why stop at barely-otter mode when you can achieve so much more?
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 619x676) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 619x676
>>25209900
You'd at least be able to look at yourself in the mirror
>>
>>25210104
>if you figure out what that is and fix it, the lifting will come in handy.
here's the thing, ive become far too jaded to care about women. I dont see any point to even trying. Im perfectly content with my life, dont see any reason to change.
>>
File: vjBBtROR.jpg (144 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
vjBBtROR.jpg
144 KB, 1252x1252
>>25210126

>censoring adie's beautiful face

noooo
>>
>>25209881
There are challenges you can do that are much more worthwhile than lifting heavy objects over and over. The only reason to lift those heavy objects is for women/ health.
>>
>>25209626
>>25209900
but you'd be shredded brah
>>
>>25210062
>I don't punch stars out of the solar system...

Literally what? Have you read even a page of the manga?
>>
>>25210156

>The only reason to lift those heavy objects is for women/ health
>health

is that not a good enough reason? do you not get disgusted when you see the hordes of fatties waddling about the planet?
>>
It wastes too much time.

If I were ever to work up to willpower for self improvement I'd be better off inhaling text and meditating.
>>
How little of a budget can I have to still achieve gains? I am but a poor man.
>>
i love all of you saying

>b-b-but you can walk or run to stay in shape

when we all know full well none of you even do that.
>>
>>25210062
>>25210122
Have you ever slain giants with a single sloppily thrown punch?
>>
>>25210137
>>25210137
So you definitely don't have bouts of depression and anger from crippling loneliness. You definitely don't come on this board to relate to other robots about the same issue? And you definitely didn't click on this thread because you had a shrivel of hope somebody would convince you other wise for a happier life? Nobody can do that except yourself anon.
>>
>>25210167

yes because we as lifters should base our routines off of the abysmal fitness knowledge of a likely overweight japanese manga writer.
>>
>>25210230
Prove that none of them do.
>>
>>25210198

$40-60 a month for gym membership, depending on the gym of course.
>>
>>25210234
>So you definitely don't have bouts of depression and anger from crippling loneliness.
As you already said, lifting isn't a free pass to get pussy, so I dont see how "loneliness" is relevant here
>And you definitely didn't click on this thread because you had a shrivel of hope somebody would convince you other wise for a happier life?
I clicked on this thread because i find it enjoyable to argue with all of the retards who act like there is any reason to lift other than looking attractive for women.
>>
>>25209353
i am, with the help of my brother im cutting down and building more stamina, i'll get into the gym in a couple of months
>>
>>25210277
What workouts are you doing for stamina?
>>
>>25210244
i dont have to prove shit. the burden of proof is on these lazy fucks to give a decent awnser. which no one has.
>>
>All these wight lifters
I'd recommend combat sports as an option as well. I've been training like a boxer, lots of cardio and body weight exercises, and I've recently started a weekly boxing lesson. It really boosts your confidence.
>>
>>25210328
Are you skinny fat tho?
>>
>>25210272
I wasn't the other anon. But it's pretty obvious how loneliness can relate. I apologize for my efforts. You're clearly well off.
>>
>>25210311
mainly we're working on cardio slowly building up , we walk then sprint, the distance builds up as i adjust. then i do squats, calf raises, push ups , wall sits etc . lastly i do curls with this 20 pound weight
>>
>>25210270
I'm talking about food, my man.
>>
>>25210326
>i dont have to prove shit.
and neither do they.
>>
>>25210272

>I clicked on this thread because i find it enjoyable to argue with all of the retards who act like there is any reason to lift other than looking attractive for women

just because you were unable to tap into the feelings of self-fulfillment that comes from hoisting does not mean that other anons cannot.
>>
>>25210387
>eelings of self-fulfillment that comes from hoisting
yes, and what are the eventual results of those feelings of self-fulfillment? Women. Ergo, there is no reason to lift aside from looking good for women.
>>
>>25210363

contrary to popular belief, eating healthy is not ridiculously expensive unless you're some grass munching liberal vegan.

I bulk on McDonald's and eggs.
>>
>>25210352
Good stuff, keep going

>>25210363
Lots of chicken, eggs, potatoes, and veggies
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 500x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 500x533
>>25209353
>go to gym
>get fit

You don't need a gym for fitness, you need a pair of runners.
>>
>>25210345
No sir I am not.
>>
>>25210401

the women do not come from the self-fulfillment. they come from the lifting itself (and the confidence from lifting). however, they are both separate byproducts of lifting. why else would married men lift? they already have a woman. they do it because of that primal drive to be stronger and bigger.
>>
>>25210427
So you're otter mode?
>>
>uni has gym for students
>know nothing about machines or lifts other than squat, bench, and clean
>free weights are always taken by athletes
>machines always taken by old people who come to lift like 20-30 pounds for 10 million reps
>only thing ever free is treadmills and stationary bikes

Learning the lifts right would take time and piss off the meatheads who live at the free weights
Funny thing is, people have been asking for the university to get an athletes only room forever, but they built a new cardio room where the treadmills have built in Netflix streaming instead
>>
>>25209618
Idk about each individual gym but when I first came I benched like 80 pounds and was super skinnyfat. No one laughed at me, everyone just does their own thing. No one pays attention to what the other people are doing
>>
>>25210401
Or confidence and physical gain. Which could lead you to tackle on a new goal, like learning guitar or boxing. Which leads you to meet new people and enjoy all more of life. But nah, it's all about the women I guess. Must've taken years to project this delusion of yours. Kemme tell you something, men are the species of "doing" not just fucking. But you're a sad excuse for a man so the message will be lost anyways.
>>
5'7" 180 am I fit enough?
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 640x1136
>>25209353
I don't like gyms, I feel like the people there are obsessed about image. I'd rather ride my bike and do sope pushups if I must absolutely do exercise.
>>
>>25210488
>Which could lead you to tackle on a new goal, like learning guitar or boxing. Which leads you to meet new people and enjoy all more of life.
And why the fuck would I want to do either of those things? I am not a people person.
>>
>>25209353
I work in construction and am in decent shape already
I'm not saying going a gym wouldn't do me good, but when I already spend 8 hours a day basically doing shitty versions of what I'd be doing there, I lose interest
>>
>>25209353
I do go to the gym, twice a week, half an hour each time. I should go more but I can't be bothered and only actually go so I can tell people I work out.
>>
>>25210542
Nobody gives a fuck about you idiot
>>
When is a safe time to start after New Year's? I figure there's gotta be a huge surge every year cuz of all the resolutions, but I don't wanna get in with that crowd.
>>
>>25210014
>wanting to retain water weight
No thanks
>>
>>25210549
Its your choice to walk through the door. I'm just here to show it to you. Not explain every hinge and splinter and how it will affect you.
>>
File: Mike.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Mike.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>25210452
No. I need to lose another 2 or 3 kilos I think. I don't want to lose too much though, otter mode is really not my goal. I think sometimes people underestimate how pumped you can get from working on a bag and bodyweight exercises. You want a good strong arse and legs too, that's where your power comes from for punching. Pictured is my ideal body type, but that is a fuck load of work. he was doing bodyweight reps in the hundreds and thousands every day.
>>
>>25210597
>thread is "why don't you go to the gym?"
>he gives a reason why he doesn't
>"stfu retard no one cares"
???
>>
>>25209618
They won't. Either they don't care or know that you're at least trying.
>>
>>25210583
What do you actually do there?
>>
>>25210618
Just go, but dont think of it as a resolution, you'll end up going everyday or so, and will be more committed to it than the NYR crowd.
>>
>>25210627
As I've stated previously, there aren't any inherent advantages that would make my life better. So your reasoning is flawed.
>>
>>25210637
>anon says he doesn't like gyms because the people there are obsessed with "image"
>this implies anon is self conscious about his own image and projects this on people around him

In reality he's just another fuck that nobody gives a fuck about.
>>
>>25210632
His workout regimen was crazy, but you also have to account for his genetics and he was doing roids.
>>
>>25209745
My mother has pretty severe scoliosis, stage 2 spondylothesis , several stress fractures, etc., and she is a personal trainer, and the most physically fit person I know.
No excuses senpai.
>>
>>25209353
>Why the FUCK don't you just go to the gym and get fit?
for what reason?
>>
>>25209353

They're closed you cuck.
>>
>>25209907
Nah fuck off dude.
>>25210747
Nah fuck off dude
>>25210470
Especially fuck off for reals
>>
>>25210761
You're not doing anything else
>>
>>25209881
>It's why you play so much fucking vidya.
I play video games for the same reason I lift: Escapism.

I don't enjoy either one.
>>
Seriously. Why don't you /fit/ards fuck off back to your containment board and go fuck each other in the locker/shower room like the closest faggots you really are?
>>
>>25209907
>Believe in that naive annoyingly hopeful voice
That voice never existed
>>
Because I work and have to drive home with traffic and still cook meals once I get home, leaving me no time to go to a gym. I lift some weights for about ten minutes every day, and I know it's not enough, but what do you want me to do?
>>
>>25210742
Yes, I'll never be able to match his genetics. Steroids? Maybe, there's no definitive proof though. People are generally more likely to accuse Holyfield of steroids than Mike.
>>
Cause I am a girl and can just starve myself skinny and that's enough to be considered attractive by most people.
>>
>>25210912
You've got time to post on /r9k/ I notice. Can't skip that.
>>
>>25210940
Get OUT! FUCKING DISGUSTING BITCH WHORE. WE ARE NOT GOING TO SUCK UP TO YOU!
>>
File: 310.jpg (12 KB, 233x251) Image search: [Google]
310.jpg
12 KB, 233x251
I don't even eat fast food.

I eat very reasonably: I don't eat out, I eat all home-cooked meals (which are reasonably healthy - no fried stuff, no burgers, no fries, nothing like that), and I eat reasonable portions. I only drink water, unsweetened tea, (black) coffee on weekends, and sometimes, wine.

But still have a belly, from my childhood when I used to eat a lot.
>>
>>25210974
Didnt expect it.
>>
>>25210966
You realize tomorrow is the 24th? Posting because no work tomorrow or Friday for the Christmas break, you idiot born of idiots.
>>
>>25210981
That's why you workout dude, especially if you sit home all day do nothing. You take in calories everyday but you don't expend them.
>>
>>25210788
I'm posting on r9k
>>
File: 1449637262145.jpg (43 KB, 337x404) Image search: [Google]
1449637262145.jpg
43 KB, 337x404
>>25210597
RU4 REAL M8?
Is this the average /fit/fag? You seem to be brain-dead.
>>
>>25209353
Because the only gym in my neighborhood is directed by angry sandniggers and I don't wanna deal with their shit

I do plan to work out at home though, just kinda afraid of not doing the exercises right, with bad posture, and fucking my back over.
>>
for me, at least there is some meaning to the pain I experience when lifting heavy things up and putting them down. I know that part of me is improving little by little every time I experience it, unlike other things that hurt. It hasn't helped that much with depression, nor women but that's ok. It has helped remove this "brain fog" I had that made it very difficult to focus on anything (especially academic) from 16-24, and it makes doing many tasks easier when you are not weak from being sedentary. I think the few hours out of my week doing it are worth it, I'd just be watching anime or playing games otherwise.
>>
>>25211038
For what reason?

>>25211041
If you think there are people waiting in every gym for you to come in so they can judge you then you must be brain dead. Again, nobody gives a fuck who you are, so that shouldn't off put you from going to the gym.
>>
>>25210966
Maybe if you took a little exercise you'd be less prone to angry outbursts. It's really very centering.
>>
>>25211057
Britcucks gonna britcuck
>>
>>25209636
Fuck off mudslime REEEEE
>>
Because there is no time to go the gym. Sorry, not all of us are NEETS or students - some of have to slave away at jobs we hate for miserable pay so we can put a roof over our heads.
>>
>>25211147
>has time to post on r9k
>>
>>25211146
This
>>25211147
This too

Uni is hard enough as it is with an engineering major (doesnt help that job prospect doesn't look to promising thanks to poo in loos). I barely get time ti play vidya. What makes any of these /fit/ normies think someone like me could just start working out regularly like a faggot?
>>
>>25211210
Posting on /r9k/ takes - at most - a minute. You can't even compare.
>>
>>25211255
>/fit/ normies
>working out regularly like a faggot?
Why are non fits so angry? There's always such bitterness when they're making their excuses.
>>
>>25211122
Like what? What the FUCK can you do to exercise? Its 92 degrees Fahrenheit all for fucking week! I stay out for no more than 10 minutes and I am almost dead with heat exhaustion. Summers are even worse!!! If I lived in fucking Alaska then I would have no problem going outside but seriously fuck off!
>>
Because I have a pilonidal cyst and I literally can't do it.
>>
>>25211307
Fit people don't have hobbies or time consuming jobs. I work from 8 in the morning to 10 pm (not including lunch break). If anything. I am at least being more productive than some rich faggot with a gym membership and some spare time.
>>
>>25211122
No, exercise makes me angrier, because it hurts and I realize I have to keep doing it for - at the very least - an hour or more every single day for months and months on end without much noticeable difference, and I have to go through the trouble of taking time out of my day and routine. I'm an impatient person.

No thanks.

I can't wait to die.
>>
>>25211365
Same.
The way I see it. I would rather live a short life where I did the things I like to do instead of living healthier and longer doing the things I find pointless.
>>
>>25211321
Wow, ok just relax friend. Well, I live in Australia and I work out in the heat. I also work for a living in the heat. Really it's about getting tough and not making excuses. That's your end goal here. Discipline in the gym equals discipline IRL.
>>
>>25211281
How long do you spend on r9k? Easily over an hour I bet, you could use that time working out.
>>
>>25211397
I don't want a short or long life, I just want to be non-alive. I don't even want to die, because it sounds painful and like a bother.

I wish I could just cease existing now.
>>
File: 1450643871217.png (76 KB, 339x473) Image search: [Google]
1450643871217.png
76 KB, 339x473
I live in country where gyms are basically full of dangerous peple.

I really want to have some good abs and shit but i dont know how to start

Maybe go vegan, but i dont know.
and /fit/ is full of normalfaggots
>>
>>25211435
Buy a shotgun and some birdshot.
If not American, jump off from a high building. That's all the advice I have.

Personally, life sucks for me too but its the memes anime, and vidya that keep me sticking around for a bit.
>>
File: 1399554865614.png (291 KB, 497x338) Image search: [Google]
1399554865614.png
291 KB, 497x338
>>25211433
Like I said, I work all day: when I get home, I still have to cook a meal from scratch, then wash the dishes and clean the kitchen, then iron my clothes, then take a shower, and then prepare my lunch for next day. By that time, I only have one hour left of leisure before I have to go to bed to wake up for next day,, and I am tired and without any motivation to do anything - you can bet I'm going to go on /r9k/ and listen to music and watch an anime or something enjoyable rather than start lifting or exercising. Don't they say it's bad to exercise right before sleeping, too?
>>
>>25211501
A lot of people workout before they go to work
>>
>>25211501

>prepare meals in advance
>reheat to eat
>>
>>25211540
Yeah, and when am I supposed to make time to cook a meal that will last an entire week? God, /fit/-fags are ridiculous.
>>
>>25211536
Too hard. Won't do it.
>>
>>25211560

you work every day?
>>
>>25211115
>For what reason?
For fun
And because I have no friends
>>
>>25210650
Go on the machines. Try and focus on upper-body.
>>
>>25211600
Lifting weights is fun
>>
>>25211342
>have pilonidal cyst
>it ruptures
>extreme fucking pain
>notice discharge come out
>to scared to tell mother and father
>blood on my boxers
>parents find out
>tell them I had pimple on butt
>this goes on for three years
>gets infected
>need surgery
>get it over winter break
>out from school for a week
>go back
>can't sit down because of tubes
>"hey anon, what's wrong?" Heard you got surgery...in YOUR ASS!"
>everyone laughs
>tfw when your best friend roasts the first day he sees you after you got surgery
>>
>>25211624
For you.

For the rest of us. Its mundane and boring. I would rather watch grass die.
>>
>>25211624
Not for me
hchchctct
>>
>>25211560

unless you are running a michelin star restaurant in your kitchen, cooking large quantities of food using an oven don't require much time. Carbs can be had from rice/beans which require almost no time for preparation. Veggies can be eaten plain (nuked with food to cook), made into easy salads in tupperware, whatever. Meat can be baked in massive quantities. Whats the problem? Smart crock pots (set it to turn on at X time) can also be used to great effect.
>>
>>25211679
I just found out I had one yesterday after I pushed on my coccyx and pus came out.

It's not debilitating yet but it's getting more painful every day.

I'm not even home right now either. I'm with my family for Christmas because my grandmother isn't going to make it another one.

Fuck me.
>>
I used to be bretty /fit/, then I got depression. I used to think depression was bullshit. How wrong I was.

If you can get fit it's definitely a good thing, it can help immensely with anxiety and depression, make you more attractive, give you people to talk to and also, give you goals and a sense of accomplishment. Basically improves your whole life.

At the momentum I can barely get out of bed though.
>>
>>25211917
Sit on warm water, clean it will alcohol and get some gauze pads. You should actually go to the hospital asap before it gets infected.
>>
>>25211970
But its too hard. Not worth it.
>>
>>25211679
>>25211917
Been through that, had a cyst for years before finally deciding to get it treated, I wish I had done so sooner.
It took me 9 months to completely recover and now I have a pretty ugly scar.

Get it treated fast anons. Godspeed.
>>
>>25211679
>>25212091
How the fuck do you live with a pilonidal cyst for years? When I got one, for a week I was basically bedridden since I couldn't sit without extreme pain. I was only saved by someone accidentally kneeing it and then me waking up the next morning to find it popped into a bloody mess. After a few days of sticking some bandages to my ass I was totally fine, but I can't imagine going on without it bursting.
>>
>>25211976
I don't have my insurance shit with me and I doubt going to the ER will result in them scheduling me for immediate surgery to get it removed. It doesn't drain pus anymore, just blood.

Shit sucks and I'm probably going to have to wait until Monday to go to a hospital near my home instead of at my family's house m
>>
>>25210107
A quote from a time where physical fitness was life or death...
>>25209855
And yet I have no desire for fitness or sex, guess I'm broken huh?
>>25209907
le armchair psychologist
>>
>>25209353
Because everyone stares at and judges you
I mean like
Fuck off and stop bragging about how fit you are
Especially when I can outrun almost everyone there XD
>>
I did than nothing change after two years so once my membership ran out i decided to focus on having fun, going at, and getting back in to skateboarding. Life is a lot better now than it ever was when i lifted. I have friends and hang out with some one about every other day. I dont think lifting held me back but i was using it to cover my inescurities as opposed to moving beyond them. Plus lifting was never really my thing. It always felt like i was going through the motions to fit the internets standard of masulinity. Lifting is great exercise but ultimatly not my thing.
>>
>>25212041
It's worth it if you can go those first few times. Eating right and being fit is the most powerful anti depressant I've experienced. It's just not as easy as taking a pill. The world isn't built for everyone to be happy though.
>>
>>25209353
Just going there won't cut it, you also have to work out. Which is exhausting and messy.
>>
>>25209353
>Implying I don't

I do agree with you that living a /fit/ life is superior though.
>>
>gym
Why
Why pay 600 bucks a year when you can use same money to buy a whole stack of dymbbells, bars, resistance bands, door frame bars etc, and exercise in comfort of your own home while watching anime?
>>
>>25209353

>implying I don't
>implying I haven't been on a 2000 calorie cut while taking test, tren, anavar and DNP
>implying I'm not losing almost 1lb of fat a day
>implying I'm not gonna make every new year resolution fatass and indians at the gym feel like shit by intentionally doing shitty work outs and eating pizza in the gym while wearing super tight v-necks, slim fit jeans, basketball shoes and a scarf in the fucking gym

This is gonna be so good.
>>
>>25212629
Who the fuck pays $600 a year? I paid $25/year when I was in college and I pay about 100 now and that's in NYC.
>>
>>25212646
where did you get all that
which dnp source did you buy from and how much /day
>>
>>25212646
Is your penis still working?
>>
>>25210126
>>>/mlp/

Fuck you this is the most original shit ever
>>
>>25212740

Yes, as long as you take testosterone.

>>25212686

fuck me mate is google hard for ya? reddit has all the answers.
>>
>>25212782
>fuck me mate is google hard for ya? reddit has all the answers.
you're here to spoonfeed me, faggot.

also you're not going to gain any muscle mass on DNP, much less have the energy to go to the gym if you're taking a high dose.

and you didn't answer my question on how much you were taking.
>>
>>25212655
NYC is cheap for public things like gyms.

My town only has two gyms, one is 90 a month and one is 110. For that price I'll just stay skeleton.
>>
>>25212794

piss off, mods ban you just for saying the brand of roids, let alone a source.

>also you're not going to gain any muscle mass on DNP,

on a gram of tren and anavar every week? I hardly believe that.
>>
>>25212740
It wont be in a few years.
>>
>>25212825
>on a gram of tren and anavar every week? I hardly believe that.
If you understood how DNP worked you would understand that you're not going to gain shit in the way of muscle mass on DNP. You also don't understand how tired it makes you, even at low doses like 250mg.

Anavar is going to destroy your liver just like any other oral steroid, and I don't see any supplements there to help mitigate the damage.

You are going to fuck yourself up by taking DNP without supplements, and by taking fucking ORAL steroids without supplements or an AI.

Enjoy your no muscle, man titties, no energy, and ruined liver and testicles.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2012-11-17-17h26m27s59.png (288 KB, 704x352) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2012-11-17-17h26m27s59.png
288 KB, 704x352
I've been lifting since June. I've lost 35 pounds so far. Plan to lose another 25.
>>
>been working out 3 times a week since April
>gains are so pathetic and shitty that only the most basic definition has started to show
>definition is usually only evident when flexing

I seriously look like someone blew some air pockets into a marshmallow. I fucking hate it. Tempted to quit. Such a waste of money.
>>
>>25212848

you stupid as shit? I've been gaining on roids for almost a year now and using december to cut.

Why the fuck would I list all my AIs and supplements? are you an autist? just posting the gear doses and dnp is annoyingly long as it is and you fat DYEL virgin fucks don't even know what I'm talking about or what the dosages mean.
>>
>>25212655
It's 20e a month here in France, with a free trial month. Adds up to 220e for your first year.
>>
>>25212968
enjoy your liver failure and broken penis, idiot.

there is a reason you don't take oral steroids.

there is an even better reason you don't take DNP AND oral steroids at the same time.
>>
>>25212990

aww he mad

>anavar
>liver failure

aww look at the fattie who browses /r/ fitness, how cute.
>>
>>25213007
No, the anavar alone won't give you liver failure.

but taking it with tren and DNP will.
>>
>>25213025

>>25212990

I guess all your bullshit about oral steroids was meant to be about tren then? good change of plans mate.

off to /r/ fitness/misc with ya, all the scientists and experts about roids that never take any have an average BF% of 20.
>>
>>25212968
hahahah holy shit
i haven't been /fit/ in years but even i know oral steroids will fuck you up
>>
>>25213061
>I guess all your bullshit about oral steroids was meant to be about tren then? good change of plans mate.
No. Oral steroids will fuck you up.

Enjoy your false sense of superiority while it lasts. We'll all be here waiting when you come crying about liver failure and balding at 40, and a broken penis and shriveled nuts in a year or two.
>>
>>25212290
Do what I said for the time being. If there is a pool in your area, go for a swim, that what the doctor told me anyways, before surgery.
>>
>>25209537
>lifting for womyn
>>
>>25213192
>implying there is a single other reason to lift weights
Oh wait, you can lift for men too. It's even more important for fags than it is for heteros.
>>
>>25213226
i lift so i can pick heavy things up and put them down
and to make other men jealous and afraid of me
>>
>>25213310
>i lift so i can pick heavy things up and put them down
Don't need to do that unless you work a construction job or oil rig, in which case you're a normie.
>and to make other men jealous and afraid of me
No one is jealous or afraid of you. Not me, not anyone. Tell me when your muscles will stop a bullet.
>>
>>25213310
>and to make other men jealous and afraid of me
I hope you dont actually believe that anyone will be jealous or afraid of you. No one will give a shit, you're not even a blip on the radar to most people.
>>
>>25209353
because in reality I want to be a girl so I have no motivation to work out
>>
Because I'm 59 and my back-shoulders-knees -hurt. I may go back anyway for swimming and the bike.
>>
>>25214405
>59
woah. i read that as 5'9
how does an oldfag end up on a place like this. it's not like you had it when you were young to get trapped here
>>
>>25209353
because I go to the gym to stay fit.
>>
>>25209353
I do, but i do all exercises with bad form, and have no friends to help me correct it.
>>
>>25214364
this. i'm going to be unhappy with my body no matter what. why bother improving it?
>>
Gym doesnt make you fit, it makes you bulky. Cardio is where its at m8. You can lose weight and be fit without leaving your home.
>>
Same reason I don't do other things. I'm too depressed and lack any motivation. I can hardly get out of my bed and feed myself and you want me to do pushups? Fuck off.
>>
File: 0187 - CwPCbGR.png (205 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
0187 - CwPCbGR.png
205 KB, 500x500
>>25209353
>mfw i go out and run around a lonesome beautiful lake in the woods.
>>
No gyms where I live
>>
Okay I'll fucking do it. Im not totally novice in the gym. Plus i have a gym where i can workout for free. Im already big at 6'4. Gonna try to get fuken huge. Eat like a horse, but mostly good stuff like chicken and meat and beans and veggies. Im just afraid mu dick is gonna look so smalm at 6,5 inches but whatever.
>>
I've tried to get fit multiple times, but 'cause I never felt or saw any results I figured I was doing it wrong and gave up. Guess I saw so many discussions on perfect form and getting enough macros and all that I figured that it was too much effort.
I'm a skinny shit, if I eat a shitload of anything and do lifts focusing on reps will I see results eventually? My only local gym is far too expensive so I'm stuck with the dumbbells I bought on a previous attempt.
>>
File: 1445611535993.jpg (85 KB, 580x563) Image search: [Google]
1445611535993.jpg
85 KB, 580x563
>>25209353
>A few years ago I got fit
>Lost 40kg and built visible muscle definition
>Girls started paying attention to me
>Got a girlfriend
>The regular sex made me lazy
>Put on a tiny bit of weight
>She leaves me
>Cripplingly depressed
>All my anxieties return
>Back to my starting weight
>No motivation to try again
Love doesn't exist. There's no reason to try. No woman will ever stay through any kind of turbulence. I've never dated a single woman who would give me a second chance when I slipped up in any way. They are merciless and selfish cunts.
>>
You can't get fit if you're genuinely depressed.

I feel like shit and my gym sessions suck ass for years now.

It's about the same as telling someone who's depressed to "cheer up".
>>
>>25216905
I'm fit and i have a deep depression
>>
>>25209900
>i'd still have a small dick
Do steroids. You already have a small dick and are a manlet. At least do roids and be a shredded manlet with small dick.
>>
>>25209353
because it doesent help, its really all about personality
>>
>>25216905
I had deep, bed-ridden type depression and I got fit.

Most people work out for 45-90 minutes, but to get rid of my depression I had to do 4+ hour gym sessions. I would still get gains somehow too, even though at that point you're not going for gains. You're working out to stop the thoughts and beat back deep depression.
>>
>>25216951

we have different definitions of depression and fit then.

It's pretty hard to get elite level lifts with clinical depression
>>
>>25209353
I did that but I'm still a friendless virgin loser.
>>
>going to the iron jew
>>
>>25209353

I already did faggot, now I'm just a /fit/ beta
>>
>in uni
>get fit as fuck by third year, xbox hueg biceps with wide shoulders to complement
>start wearing chaddy tanktops
>ayyy time to get crazy laid
>literally no increase in female attention, only fuccbois asking me for fitness advice
>skinny faggots around me drowning in pussy
And thats how I lost faith in /fit/ ways. Ever since that time I got chubby, but still pack some muscles, so at least I look menacing to normies
>>
File: 1450506400671.png (49 KB, 194x185) Image search: [Google]
1450506400671.png
49 KB, 194x185
>paying to go to place full normies and gymdudebros
>place where the normies and gymdudebros will give you shit for not being in good shape the very second you join
Nah fuck that, i'll stick to exercise at home.
>>
>>25209353
'Coz no the fucking time!
>>
>>25217115

>fit
>elite level lifts

yeah bud id say your definition of fit is wrong
>>
File: JUST.jpg (972 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
972 KB, 3264x1836
>>25217115
this is from march/april
i'm bigger and even more lean now(9% last time i measured)
that doesn't stop me from having no friends, spending xmas alone again and never leaving my house
>>
File: 1450843128015.jpg (80 KB, 600x901) Image search: [Google]
1450843128015.jpg
80 KB, 600x901
Daily reminder that exercise and vegan diet does have the potential to cure the top diseases that lead to death, including suicide that is caused by mood disorders.
>>
>>25218318
will it cure my dehydration because right now im feeling so shit that i cant even keep water down without feeling like throwing up despite needing more water to live
>>
>>25218426
Only one way to find out anon.
>>
>>25210027
holy fuck i hope you autists don't actually do this exercise

it will JUST you right the fuck up, everytime i see one of you faggot weeaboos mention this stupid exercise ironically or not i want to strangle you
>>
>>25209898
eat up u fucken skelly, also nofap, also supplements
>>
File: 1433273543379.jpg (56 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1433273543379.jpg
56 KB, 720x720
>>25209353
I do but it's closed today.
>>
>>25212913
creatine and protein are your friends.
Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.