[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Worked hard in college, 3.7 GPA, made connections >Gave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11
File: Hm.png (28 KB, 548x561) Image search: [Google]
Hm.png
28 KB, 548x561
>Worked hard in college, 3.7 GPA, made connections
>Gave honors speech for graduating class, served on student government, met influential figures, etc.
>Brought some honor to college and college published a story on me in alumni magazine, plus uses me for ads and all
>Offered multiple jobs after college, got first real professional job with salary, annual bonus, paid vacation, and all that good stuff. Also impacts lives for better (law)
>Regular people suddenly realize I've existed, even though for my past several years as a bot (since 2009), nobody really had. And I don't blame them.

Question is, with this person reaching out and the above context, what do you think she's looking for? She started out asking me about what I do for a living and then made the celebrity remark. I'm not a celeb, just well known across University. And it's strange to see how people treat you differently when you appear to have some influence. But maybe she's just being genuine. I kind of like her. Do you think she's interested? Is there a socially acceptable way to ask if she has kids?
>>
>>25208757
What do you mean? I'm confused by this entire post
>>
it's obvious she's interested in you because you're a little famous or whatever
But that's not necessarily a bad thing. It' bad when she's interested only because you're famous.

You're the super bigshot honor roll influential alpha chad here, why are you asking us anyway?
>>
SHE IS TRYING TO GET AT YOUR MONEY SO SHE CAN KEK YOU

DO NOT RESPOND

PUMP AND DUMP BUT DO NOT LET HER INTO YOUR LIFE!!!!!!
>>
File: IMG_1090.png (14 KB, 555x394) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1090.png
14 KB, 555x394
>>25208757
>be scrublord robot
>become godlike during university
>stupid washed up whore that never would have looked at you before realizes you have status and starts flirting with you
>she can barely even type properly, she doesn't even bother to spell out the word "you"
>"I want to get to know u lol"
>is going to make you tell her about yourself so you become emotionally invested and she doesn't have to do any work in seducing you at all
>she marries you for Beta Bux
>"she has kids"

jesus fucking christ OP get it together man
>>
>>25208757

Just ask if she has kids and if you're interested, specify a time and place to meet.
>>
>>25208913

Then don't go. Make sure it's a bad part of town too, so she might get raped.
>>
Thanks for the feedback, anons. Think I'm done here.

>>25208827
Everyone else seems to have understood. I'm basically trying to gauge her intentions, by deferring to neutral, if biased parties.

>>25208859
>it's obvious she's interested in you because you're a little famous or whatever
>But that's not necessarily a bad thing. It' bad when she's interested only because you're famous.
To answer your question, see above response. As it relates to this, I think it's clear this is the former, at least given that she had seen me prior to the sudden change in my campus/post-campus life.

>>25208873
Already responded. I'll be wary. That's kind of why I'm here. Thanks, anon.

>>25208894
Are you assuming the answer is yes, she does have kids?
Also, I don't think I'd ever marry anyone. Our generation doesn't believe in loyalty and commitment, generally. And working in law, I see second-hand what clients suffer after relationships (particularly with marriages/kids) go sour.

>>25209029
Won't do this.

>>25208913
Will do this. It's getting colder with Winter approaching, but I'll offer.
>>
File: 1450826969605.jpg (37 KB, 480x438) Image search: [Google]
1450826969605.jpg
37 KB, 480x438
>>25209145
>Won't do this.

Why not? Fucking whire knight pussy bitch. I d love to hang you with barbed wire and watch you squirm as I cut open your sister with an eight inch steak knife. Whilst masturbating.

You'd deserve it.
>>
>>25208757
>people respond when you have pull
Sounds about right. But be wary, a lot of them out there are trying to cash in indirectly on your success.
Not everyone. The hard/good bit is finding the gems through the piles of shit.
>>
>3.7
>Working hard

3.98 here, I have brought great shame to my university by not having the 4.0.

I am sorry, Berkeley-san.
>>
>>25209145
>Are you assuming the answer is yes, she does have kids?

I misread your post, i thought you had said "is there a socially acceptable way to ask her out if she has kids", as it would be a cuck move to date her if she has kids

regardless you should be aiming for higher quality women. I can literally tell how retarded she is just from her messages, but alas a cuck will be a cuck and will continue down his cuck road no matter how many people tell him he is being a cuck

i'll leave you to it, then
>>
Create a fake account of some guy with low status and add her on Facebook, see how she reacts to some "nice guy game" from a loser. This will turn you off her, if she bothers to respond at all.
>>
>>25209310
3.7 comes from an A- at most universities

and by the way, a 3.98 in philosophy, business, women's studies or any other shit (see: non-STEM) degree doesn't count as hard working, bucko
>>
>>25209372
I'm a Berkeley EECS student, stop projecting faglord, no need to be embarrassed and insecure that your GPA is literal half-ass tier at any top 10 university.
>>
>>25209337

Any non retarded person would automatically ignore a Facebook message from a person with no mutual friends and an account that was made that very same day.
>>
Basically you are making it and because you did you rather than being an idiot, the bitches are starting to take notice. Take the initiative and then take her pussy.
The important thing it to not commit unless you truly have a lot in common and you know for sure she likes you for you. Don't let her like you for status. She may date you, she may fuck you, she may marry you and have your kid, but if you aren't loved for the person you are, then you will always become beta bux. Don't be beta bux.
>>
>>25208757
She wants your money, plain and simple.
>>
Do you really like her OP? Would you be willing to spend the rest of your life with her OP? If not keep looking.
>>
>>25209519

Good points, I forgot about the creation date being on the wall automatically now. Good thing we have normies like you to remind us how things work.

You get my point, though. The OP needs to find out how she treats low-status men or guys who aren't 'famous'. This is the best way of getting an idea of what she's like as a person and what her interest in him is.
>>
File: wew lads.png (23 KB, 565x560) Image search: [Google]
wew lads.png
23 KB, 565x560
Being a bot, I responded to tell her I'm going to bed, but we can plan something and she should let me know when. She sent a smiley, saying goodnight, and affirmed she would.
>not being the one to take charge
I don't think she'll like that very much. Most women hate it, no?

>>25209289
>a lot of them out there are trying to cash in indirectly on your success.
Someone did message me to ask how much I get paid for the ads, and in that case it was obvious. In cases like this, it's not so clear, but... there are signs. This is almost saddening.

>>25209310
>>25209372
>>25209401
See image. You might not believe me, but that's not me you're arguing with. Although I agree with him, I don't care about my GPA enough to defend it. That was a mere tool used to bolster argument about committing to studies and building success. Beyond that, GPA didn't lead to success. Connections to people did. I wouldn't care if it was a 2.0 actually, I might cry a little. But (s)he's right about 3.7 as an A-, plus the offer stuff.

>>25209337
That's a whole lot of effort and ... there are also extraneous variables.

>>25209541
I feel like because of the way our generation is, it's almost inevitable you'll get cucked at one point or another, if you date.

>>25209587
Yeah. She may well be after a support. That's where kids becomes a deciding factor. Just how much is she hoping for, if support is the thing. And then, she may well be genuine. No way to confirm at this time.

>>25209590
Good point.

>>25209719
>The OP needs to find out how she treats low-status men or guys who aren't 'famous'. This is the best way of getting an idea of what she's like as a person and what her interest in him is.
Hm. Honestly. I'm a bot. I'm boring to normal people. But because I'm a bot, I also have an outsiders perspective that generally helps me to understand how normal people act, and I used that to have success. However, not so useful when it comes to super interpersonal stuff.
>>
>>25209797
If you think she's being genuine, take a chance.
Be wary of the signs of a gold digger but keep in mind she might actually like you. Unthinkable, I know, but weirder shit has happened.

Part of it might be that you carry yourself differently now. When shit goes your way you start acting differently, like you matter and you have power in this world, and people will notice and treat you better.
Confidence will carry you very far in this world.

Also, do what the other anon said and keep an eye on how she treats lower people. That's usually a dead giveaway.
>>
>>25209797
OP, this is scaring me
You "made it" you got good grades, you have good career prospects, but this random hometown slag is giving you serious pause

She would have spat on you before college, and now she just wants your money, do you hear me? SHE IS LITERALLY ONLY TALKING TO YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR SUCCESSFULNESS

If that isn't a reason to instantly block and forget her, I don't know what is.
>>
>>25209797
How much do you get paid for the ads? Are you photogenic or something?
>>
>>25208757
hit it and quit it

she's using you, brah.
>>
>>25209936
>>25209947
Anons. Thanks.

If I give it a chance, I'll update, with brief backstory on this thread and how it went. Part of that will depend on if she does write me again with a proposed date, but I probably won't go though.

That observation on acting differently after successes has been true. But at my core, I don't have interests. I enjoy a few successes and come home to use my laptop and post on here. That, to me, is the good life. I'm pretty sure that most people who are suddenly talking to me would be surprise to know this has been my norm for the past 7 years.

In retrospect, I rather like being a bot. Don't think it's worth taking up a relationship that'll threaten that comfort and recent enjoyments. Thanks all. Heading to bed and will consider the opinions expressed.
>>
>>25210060
Godspeed anon, be careful but good luck.
also screencaps are your friend.
>>
>>25210060
just remember, this girl came out of nowhere exclusively because you got 'famous'
she will use you at worst and cuck you at best, you'd be like a trophy in her slut collection

stick to the straight and narrow op, you're a good man, too good for some facebook bitch
>>
>robots whine about never getting attention
>robot gets attention
>waaaa direspect her immediately
...christ you people are exhausting.

OP, just stow the bitterness and paranoia for half a second and enjoy something good when it's offered to you.
>>
>>25208757
Women are attracted to the social standing of a man. She is not interested in you as a person, but merely with the societal image of you.
She will not undetstand you on a personal level. Once she sees who you are, she will no longer be satisfied.
>"But what if theres better..."
Oh and she types like a retard. Huge red flag.
>>
>>25210134
this attention isn't worth a rat's ass if it's so conceited and deceptive as it is
It's not genuine affection, it's probably a money- or status-grab, this girl is a parasite and ignoring is the proper way to deal with her
>>
>>25210134
This.

Knock that bitch up and spend the rest of your life paying child support for the child she's already pregnant with, then count your blessings.
>>
>>25210134
>trusting the roastie
>believing the roasties lies
Top kek you fucking retard
>>
>>25210228
Attention is always transactional. It is for the socially successful people of the world and it is for robots. Grow the fuck up.

Moreover, are you so deluded that you think anyone's gonna want this dude for just being him? If he was gonna get that, he'd have gotten it already and wouldn't be a robot. Just take what you can get desu.

>>25210231
You should probably get off r9k - it seems as tho it has turned your worldview into a nightmarish cartoon.
>>
People seem to be missing the fact that since OP does have a bit of fame and success that he is the one who should have the pick of the litter.

If you ever needed proof of the inequalities between the sexes look no further.
>>
>>25210315
>Moreover, are you so deluded that you think anyone's gonna want this dude for just being him?
So, you're basically in agreement with me. This girl is not worth paying any mind, because she's just being greedy and materialistic?
>>
>>25210315
>it seems as tho it has turned your worldview into a nightmarish cartoon.
LOL. You know why I hate women? It's not because of /r9k/, it's because of the real women that I have to put up with every single day for the past twenty years.

Misogynist rhetoric doesn't create misogynists. Women create misogynists.
>>
>>25210378
What, so he should continue to sexless and alone just because there's no girl to treat him like he's oh so special? He managed to compensate for being a robot with a presumably shitty personality by being superior in other ways and now he's attracting the sort of girls who are willing to overlook things like looks and personality qualities for the more externalized parts of his personality.

It's not that shocking. Dude, welcome to being male. desu, take it from a slumming chad; even if you date a hot girl and she genuinely likes you, there are still enough guys after her that you'll never be THAT special - you're ALWAYS gonna have to sell yourself to her as the best she's gonna get (and if you're attractive enough, she'll have to do the same to you). It's just how it works. In OP's case, he's being offered what he's worth - why wouldn't he at least try to have some fun with it?

>>25210382
Ever consider that you hate women because women hate you? Shitty people generally get shitty treatment.
>>
>>25210587
I see where you're coming from but you're missing the whole picture you're trying to paint yourself.

If genuine love is a sham and all relationships are so oriented towards cost and benefit, then what does OP have to benefit? He's in serious danger of being trapped into a manipulative relationship that she will reemerge from, with a lot more money than she came in with.

In other words,
>What, so he should continue to sexless and alone just because there's no girl to treat him like he's oh so special?
Yes. It's just not worth it. He could hire a prostitute now and then for twice the enjoyment and none of the financial risks (and none of the health risks, if he's careful). It's just a stupid idea all around.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 640x351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 640x351
>>25208757

>all this fucking humblebragging

Get cucked by this stupid whore, OP.

Get cucked HARD too, you fucking normalshit.
>>
>>25210795
>with a lot more money than she came in with.
Dude calm down. The most likely outcome is that they're gonna go on a few shitty dates. His appeal to her will probably be severely damped by his horrible robotness, but he might get his dick wet. Prostitutes are just for sex, but they're never gonna be as enjoyable as actually hanging out with a human who's willing to talk to you and who isn't watching the clock.

Jesus why do you robots always jump to the worst possible conclusions. It's like none of you can handle ambiguity or risk.
>>
>>25210896
>actually hanging out with a human who's willing to talk to you and who isn't watching the clock.
Aha, caught you in my snag.
You implied that this girl was only interested in OP's success, and that she was willing to overlook his "shitty personality" and so on.
Do you really think he would get any real, valuable human interaction out of this slag? Gotcha. He still has no reason to contact her.
>>
File: 1440449963170.jpg (76 KB, 880x1024) Image search: [Google]
1440449963170.jpg
76 KB, 880x1024
>>25209372
>STEM fags actually believe this
lol just lol enjoy those 5 figs champ
>>
>>25210982
Get off your little power trip autist, you didn't catch anything. All I said is that she'd be willing to have a casual conversation with him, as opposed with prostitutes, who you literally hand over money for a set period time and specific sexual acts - that's not a high bar.
>>
>>25210587
>Ever consider that you hate women because women hate you? Shitty people generally get shitty treatment.
That would make sense if I was a spiteful loser when I was a kid, but I wasn't.

I was a stupid blue pilled faggot who believed all the lies about women I was told in movies and tv and by teachers and feminists alike. I believed women could be as smart as a man, as strong as a man, and that they deserved equal treatment, equal pay, and I never judged people by their gender or race. I was as reddit as could be. But as I got older reality started to sink in. Where were all these smart women? Where were all these women who could best me at sports? They were all being stupid, manipulative, consumerist cunts, and they were treating me like shit even when I was just trying to mind my own business. You bite the hand that feeds you for twenty years and you're going to get put down.
>>
It's called social status.

And it's time to cash in!
>>
File: 1409354577854.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1409354577854.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
>>25211055
So here's the question OP would have to ask
Is it better to have this girl as a companion to make conversation with, or, I don't know, a steam friend, a drinking buddy, a skype contact, or whatever else?
Cost/benefit, like you said. She offers nothing but a warm hole.

I'm playing you like a fiddle
>>
>>25211091
>they were treating me like shit even when I was just trying to mind my own business
Okay this is what let's me know you're just not thinking critically about your own situation and reflecting about what you're really offering people.

I'm male too. I've prolly dealt with as much or more females than you. I don't have this opinion. Women have always treated me about as well as people in general have treated me, all things considered.
>>
>>25208757
If you were a loser nobody before then would you expect to be treated differently? The ball's in your court now, though, so I expect you to treat her based on her accomplishments. If she ain't shit, you can do better.
>>
>>25211126
>steam friend
>skype contact
Really? You actually think having shallow, practically faceless online communication is worth more than someone you can at the very least look in the eye, share some words with, and stick your penis into?

...shit man ... at that point it's just a judgement call but I don't know how socially deprived you'd need to be to prefer the former to the latter.

>>25211179
The women who've accomplished things probably want someone who has accomplished things + isn't a robot. All her accomplishments would do is nullify the only thing that's making him appealing.
>>
File: 1413406227325.jpg (49 KB, 670x472) Image search: [Google]
1413406227325.jpg
49 KB, 670x472
>>25211257
Snagged once again, fool!
You'd have ME believe that an internet friend (who, faceless though they may be, operate totally out of willingness to simply get to know you) is MORE shallow than a gold digger girlfriend?
Just stop arguing.
>>
File: lZKwhd4.png (908 KB, 700x775) Image search: [Google]
lZKwhd4.png
908 KB, 700x775
>>25211007

>business degree

have fun getting replaced by indians

maybe you can clean up their poo in loo as the building janitor
>>
>>25208757
>it's strange to see how people treat you differently when you appear to have some influence.
not at all, college bitches love social status more than anything.
>>
File: trash_3.jpg (78 KB, 832x584) Image search: [Google]
trash_3.jpg
78 KB, 832x584
>>25208757
The way she types implies she's garbage.
>>
Strange, it's almost as if people are attracted to other successful people. How weird that they did not want you when you were nothing and now that you improved yourself, they are willing to give you a shot. I would definitely listen to these khv who still live at home and stay far away.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.