[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>UMM ASCHTUALLY CHRISTMAS IS A PAGAN CELEBRATION AND... Shut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 09789655.png (24 KB, 106x156) Image search: [Google]
09789655.png
24 KB, 106x156
>UMM ASCHTUALLY CHRISTMAS IS A PAGAN CELEBRATION AND...

Shut up and drink your eggnog faggot
>>
>CHRISTMAS IS A PAGAN CELEBRATION
Almost all christian holidays started from pagan ones actually.
>>
more like fagnog
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 1600x999) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 1600x999
>>25208579
That shit annoys me almost as much as "THANKSGIVING IS A RACIST HOLIDAY"
>>
>>25208697
Shut up, Harry
>>
File: Duck_delegation.jpg (123 KB, 640x347) Image search: [Google]
Duck_delegation.jpg
123 KB, 640x347
>>25208579
>King of Dragon Pass

muh nigga
>>
>tfw will never be a Saturnalicius Princeps
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturnalia
>>
>>25208606
Yes everyone and their dog knows this. No need to take apart Christmas and make it shit for everyone just because the Roman's Theological governance buttblasts you.
>>
>>25208813
>who the fuck invited this freaks to the feast?
>>
>>25208813
>tfw no way to run it on my PSP.

Fuck, I wish I had a laptop so I could play a game of it over Christmas while I'm away from home.

Fuck you OP
>>
>>25208697
I know some metal head neo-pagan wannabe that does this shit

>Merry Christmas man!
>'erm you mean Merry Yule?'
>>
>>25208579
>>25208606
Christmas is not a Pagan celebration. Christmas is a Christian celebration. Jesus H Fuck

Yule is a Pagan celebration. Saturnalia is a Pagan celebration. Christmas is a Christian celebration.
>>
>>25209461
Christmas is a reformed version of Pagan traditions. No where is Christmas mentioned in the Bible.
>>
>>25209547
Christmas is recorded in the bible, it's the Nativity. Are you referring to the day? It's specific day not being recorded in the bible doesn't change it from being a Christian celebration. It is a celebration of Christ's birth. Pagans do not celebrate Christ's birth.
>>
>>25209702
Jesus wasn't born on the 25th of December, but for some reason, almost coincidentally, it happens to be the day the winter solstice occurs. Of which many Pagan religions celebrate.
>>
>>25209702

Not the guy you're responding to, but the early Christians didn't celebrate Jesus's birthday - whether the date could have been known or not.

It's a reformed pagan tradition because the Catholic Church practised something called syncretism (this might be the wrong word, someone with more knowledge might correct me) - where basically they wanted to convert local populations of 'pagans', but those pagans had their own religious festivals or ceremonies or whatever that they didn't want to give up easily... so the Church would basically 'co-opt' aspects of those pagan traditions but give them Christian religious meaning.

I believe Christmas is one of these traditions, especially the whole thing about dressing up Christmas trees.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.