[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I tell my friends about my depression, or keep it bottled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1423541461238.jpg (407 KB, 1260x1782) Image search: [Google]
1423541461238.jpg
407 KB, 1260x1782
Do I tell my friends about my depression, or keep it bottled inside until I die?
>>
I wouldn't recommend it, you will be surprised how many of your "friends" will not give a shit about your problems, you see people only want the good out of friendships and relationships.

>only girlfriend I've ever had was a cutter that dumped me when i told her about my depression after she told me to "man up"

You're a male so you're supposed to be stoic i guess
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 213x160) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 213x160
> Friends
good one dude
>>
How about you just tell a health professional?
>>
File: 1450846909050.jpg (45 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1450846909050.jpg
45 KB, 620x670
hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahah
>>
>>25208424
bottle that shit up, telling people never works.
you'll either suffer through it or explode and become a supreme gentleman. roll those dice
>>
>>25208424
>muh depression

Eject button.
>>
>>25208424
Their reaction, without a doubt will be:
>What? You're not depressed, you're just unhappy. I saw you laughing and smiling just the other day. We all get unhappy sometimes but we don't go around claiming it's depression.

It's what happened to me and it will happen to you too, with friends and family.
>>
I almost told my only friend about my depression yesterday. I just wanted to be completely honest with someone for once and talk about emotions and shit for the first time. Couldn't bring myself to do it so we talked about anime instead and I pretended that I don't want to kill myself
>>
>>25208424
if you have understanding friends you might be able to. I've had some really good talks about depression with a couple of my friends who experience similar things, but depending on the person it might be a bad idea.
>>
>>25208424
unless the person you tell about it helps you to go over it don't say anybody is useless.
>>
No one cares about your depression, faggot. Don't ruin everyone else's mood just because you're a whiny, little bitch.
>>
>friends
Fuck off you faggot normie.
>>
>>25208424
You have friends?
Very original
>>
>>25208424
If you show vulnerability to anyone they will instinctively know how to use it against you.
>>
>>25208662
logged in to upvote this
>>
>>25210753

This is essentially how most people will react, OP. They won't see it as a desire for understanding, they'll see it as you purposely trying to drag them down, so they'll do one or more of the following:

>deny the legitimacy of your feelings
>falsely equivocate depression with "feeling sad" and tell you to get over it
>give you good sounding generic platitudes that don't mean anything

Truth be told is people don't want to hear your problems unless they can personally relate to them, which creates an unfortunate catch-22 when your problems include having a lack people to comfortably relate to.

You should find a professional to talk to. You don't need to go to them forever, or even more that once, but it can be a very good isolated space to clear your thoughts in and get an outside opinion from someone who isn't involved in your social circle.
>>
I'll never come out about my depression, if one of my friends told me they were depressed I honestly wouldn't know what to say.
What would one say?
>>
>>25208424
Don't tell anyone.

My girlfriend broke up with me after I opened up to her because I wasn't any fun anymore.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.