[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prove that star wars is better than LoTR >Protip: you can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: Ringstrilogyposter.jpg (143 KB, 800x540) Image search: [Google]
Ringstrilogyposter.jpg
143 KB, 800x540
Prove that star wars is better than LoTR
>Protip: you can't
>>
File: Luke_vs_Vader.jpg (88 KB, 1600x674) Image search: [Google]
Luke_vs_Vader.jpg
88 KB, 1600x674
Sword made of light > Sword made of some other bullshit
>>
File: Sin título.png (28 KB, 1335x678) Image search: [Google]
Sin título.png
28 KB, 1335x678
I love Star Wars, more than LOTR, but I have to admit that when it comes to dialogues, deep thoughts and sequence of scenes, LOTR is more than wonderful compared to Star Wars.
>>
>>25207102
>Star Wars
>bad ass space wizards blowing shit up
>EU books are actually entertaining
>Lord of the Rings
>midgets walking for three and a half hours
>books take 20 pages to describe a single tree, and then proceed to describe every single tree in that particular forest, and they're always in a fucking forest
You can try and make your dumb fag shit seem cool, all you want, but it's gay and boring, just like you.
>>
I like Star Wars, but LOTR shits all over it. Even the original trilogy.
>>
the music in lotr is 10x better than meme wars

go ahead and say it isn't so i can laugh at you
>>
>>25207102
Star Wars is boring af, lord of the rings is GOAT
>>
I could never get into the whole Star Wars train, I've watched the movies and some of the animated spin-offs and honestly LoTR is just in a whole different level.
>>
>>25207102
>Protip: you can't

Its the truth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71A5hPk2mM
>>
>>25207102
Star Wars is a better character-driven story. Lord of the Rings is a better mythology.

JRR Tolkien was kinda jealous that other cultures had awesome origin myths, and wished the English had one. So he made one. None of the characters really grow much, or even have great chemistry with each other, but it's not about them. It's about the power of friendship, it's an allegory for the strength of Western culture, and its a cautionary tale warning about the allure of power.

Star Wars is a fun story with some fantastic characterization. There's not a lot of deeper themes; at least not in the OT. There's a ton of ham-fisted bullshit in the prequels.

Both are good in their own way.
>>
>>25207394
what's the best song and why is it this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2ocBnraYhc
>>
I wish they didn't cut out so much shit in LoTR though ;-;
>>
>>25207768
from the books, i mean.
>>
File: 1449183493940.jpg (207 KB, 500x1152) Image search: [Google]
1449183493940.jpg
207 KB, 500x1152
>>25207102
the only star wars good scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT7vD8uAGEQ
>>
"Yes, that's so," said Sam, "And we shouldn't be here at all, if we'd known more about it before we started. But I suppose it's often that way. The brave things in the old tales and songs, Mr. Frodo, adventures, as I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and
looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull, a kind of a sport, as you might say. But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have been just landed in them, usually their paths were laid that way, as you put it. But I expect they had lots of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten. We hear about those as just went on, and not all to a good end, mind you; at least not to what folk inside a story and not outside it call a good end. You know, coming home, and finding things all right, though not quite the same; like old Mr Bilbo. But those aren't always the best tales to hear, though they may be the best tales to get landed in! I wonder what sort of a tale we've fallen into?"
>>
File: melkor.jpg (330 KB, 1464x936) Image search: [Google]
melkor.jpg
330 KB, 1464x936
who /silmarillion/ here
>>
>>25207795
This is honestly one of the worst scenes in film. There's absolutely no emotion, no tension. It's all flair no substance.

It's a fine, flashy battle, but there's just no incentive for me to care about it. I don't have any attachment to any of the characters involved. They've been characterized so poorly through the other prequel movies, I just don't give a shit what happens to them. They're totally unrelatable.
>>
>>25207733
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAdXWM1btG4

the shire theme is pretty much perfection. as soon as you hear the first 3 seconds you're instantly transported back to the shire
>>
>>25207807
"We cannot use the Ruling Ring. That we now know too well. It belongs to Sauron and was made by him alone, and is altogether evil. Its strength, Boromir, is too great for anyone to wield at will, save only those who have already a great power of their own. But for them it holds an even deadlier peril. The very desire of it corrupts the heart. "

"If any of the Wise should with this Ring overthrow the Lord of Mordor, using his own arts, he would then set himself on Sauron's throne, and yet another Dark Lord would appear. And that is another reason why the Ring should be destroyed: as long as it is in the world it will be a danger even to the Wise. For nothing is evil in the beginning. Even Sauron was not so. I fear to take the Ring to hide it. I will not take the Ring to wield it."
>>
>>25207932
'I wish it need not have happened in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8yOdAqBFcQ

who else
>DEATH
here
>>
>>25207641
>Both are good in their own way.
This
Why people must fight to prove that one is better than the other when both are awsome?
>>
>>25208008
Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends. I have not much hope that Gollum can be cured before he dies, but there is a chance of it. And he is bound up with the fate of the Ring. My heart tells me that he has some part to play yet, for good or ill, before the end; and when that comes, the pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many - yours not least.
>>
File: 1442772293961.jpg (420 KB, 1422x976) Image search: [Google]
1442772293961.jpg
420 KB, 1422x976
>>25207102

LoTR is a true robot trilogy.

>all that wizard action
>beta hobbit uprising
>male camaraderie that roasties will never understand
>long runtime that normies don't have the time or attention span for
>mostly untainted by SJW bullshit like so many other fantasy series (ignoring the Hobbit trilogy)
>comfy
>quality feels
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.