[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is true love real? Is such a relationship possible? Why haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: hj.gif (974 KB, 500x236) Image search: [Google]
hj.gif
974 KB, 500x236
Is true love real? Is such a relationship possible? Why haven't I found it ? I'm not what you would consider ugly , sceptical or immature. Is the Romeo & Juliet just a silly fantasy?
>ywn
I'm 25, maybe it's just a childish thought
maybe I never grew up
>>
I've definitely felt the chemical reaction known as love and it's pretty shit desu

watched the person I loved get married to somebody else so it's ultimately a pointless exercise and only obtained by a very small percent of the population
>>
>>25207119
But you know what it feels like, I felt it in highs school, though never fulfilled. The sensation is a mix of despair alongside with hope. Pleasure and anxiety.
>>
>>25207153
Yeah that's pretty much how I'd describe it.

Having it never fulfilled is the worst part so I just gave up on it.
>>
>>25207224
The moment I saw her I knew she was "the one", so, following my strange logic , all my faith crushed down on me when she wasn't interested . Are you miserable for not being loved by her? Sex is not the same without someone you really care about. So the whole "love is just a sexual chemical reaction" argument is not valid for me.
Any tips to finally overcome it?
>>
>>25207453
I wouldn't say I've overcome it, I mean I'd literally cut a leg off to be with her. But like anything in life, just use escapism to hold off the pain until you're eventually dead.

Hope it helps.
>>
No love does not exist. There are no magical forces that make you find the one. You have to go out there and find her yourself. It's like saying you're destined to become a millionaire but in reality you're a poor fuck laying in the couch not doing shit
>>
>>25207538
But I didn't believe in magical forces in the first place (despite what my other comment says). I'm talking about pure , casual, chemical, sparkly love
>>
>>25207636

No love doesn't exist

It's chemical reactions.
>>
>>25207521
T-thanks anon,I'll follow your advice
>>
>>25207699
that's literally what he's saying. are you fucking dyslexic m8?
>>
>>25207699
>Sex is not the same without someone you really care about. So the whole "love is just a sexual chemical reaction" argument is not valid for me.
>>
>>25207725

He was referring as to if love exists as it is portrayed in soap operas and romantic movies you dumbfuck
>>
>>25207760
>dumbfuck
>implying that shit can't exist through the 'chemical reaction' of love
>implying it isn't happening right now for albeit a very small amount of people, but still happening
>>
>>25207745

They're still chemical reactions.

>Normies and their love beliefs
>>
>>25207788

Where's your proof of love then? Haven't you grown up and realized that love is just as real as dragons in a movie screen? The more you have partners the more you realized love portrayed by the media is all just a meme and no one is destined to have a lover

Why do you have to be so dense and stupid?
>>
>>25207801
Not a normie, also,
>it is a chemical reaction,therefore it lacks meaning
Explain that.
>>
>>25207830
I understand that it isn't real for a lot of people in relationships, but you don't know the experience of EVERY person in a relationship thus you can't say that people don't experience strong bonds through that chemical reaction that you so enjoy referring to.

I'm not arguing with you I literally have the same viewpoint, although I'd prefer to be optimistic and hope that at least one relationship and the people in it are experiencing a great one.
>>
>>25206940
>Is the Romeo & Juliet just a silly fantasy?
Two teenage kids who just met dying over total bullshit because they want to fuck?
No.

Actually read the play, nigger.
>>
>>25207914
The concept doesn't refer to the play anon, it refers to "unconditional, passionate" love in general, it's not a reference to the book :(
>>
>>25206940
I've only fallen in unrequited loves. It exists but its not always successful Or easy to get in to. I had to get to know them their goods and bads. Cares for them through all of it.
Falling out of love is hard. Imagine if It had been requieted. Then it would be almost impossible to forget them. There's a type of person you can fall in love with. Once you find them you'll start behaving differently chemical reactions or not.
>>
>>25207914
That play is based on a well known phenomenon within the Occult. I won't go into details about what it is or what it's called but I'm sure you can find out if you really wanted too.
>>
Love is a normie meme introduced in ancient egypt roughly 4k years ago. Purpose is 'love' is bind people into easily managable social clusters known as 'families' and prevent polygamy among males.
>still falling for it
>>
>>25208022
If it is an historical/cultural invention, why do ignorant people can feel it? I've seen it all the time, not just the "I want you only for your body" kind of thing
>>
>>25208022
I don't think he refers to love as the magical thing, he refers to wanting a person while having a relationship past the physical phase,
>talks about love without the experience of relationships
It's hilarious if you think about it.
>>
>>25207843
Does breathing have any higher meaning beyond its purely clinical function of providing your body with oxygen? Why do people to romanticize dicks getting hard, but not breathing, shitting, digestion etc same fucking bodily needs?
>>
>>25208022
>>25208065

why can ignorant people feel it?*
>>
>>25208119
Well , when I pay attention to my breathing , I can feel my whole body, and If I go even further, I sense my own "energy" (body compound).
>inb4 buddhist scum
>>
>>25208128
Feel what? A desire to dick the opposite sex? That one has nothing to do with history
>>
>>25208170
But we humans are not"natural' anymore. Our brains lets us examine more than just fucking. Maybe where I come from people care more about each other. I heard Americans are miserable because of too much scientificism
>>
>>25208378
>But we humans are not"natural' anymore.
Is that what your philosophy teacher told you? I bet you think free will is a real thing too
>>
>>25208477
Lets not deal in absolutes.As humans we have a natural intuitive part and a rational one.Instinct tells you to fuck and kill everyone,reason makes you think things trough,we think about affection and we "materialise it".
So,we are both right,from a certain point of view.
Also,if free will exists or not,it doesn't change the outcome.
>>
Well . Real love exists. I can testify that
OPs mom REALLY loves my cock,
>>
>>25208576
>think about a cookie
>it materialises in my hand
Thanks dude
>>
>>25208703
>making silly comparisons
You know that I put caps on it for a reason,do you? Materialize as in feeling it.
>implying I'm not talking about abstract concepts that can be felt
>honor cannot be eaten like a cookie so it doesn't exist

>implying a cookie isn't as real as love
>implying that the universe isn't a homogeneous mass of atoms frenetically interacting with each other
>>
>>25206940
Is there a word for the kind of quasi-cyberpunk matrix-like fiction that we got a ton of around the time of the first movie, that has that weird mish mash of grunge/punk/industrial nightclub scenes, everyone wearing black leather/latex, and a near future setting? Stuff like VTM:B, Batman Beyond, etc. I desperately want more of it.
>>
>>25206940
The truest love I've felt so far has been for a fictional character.
>>
>>25208986

Neo-noir
>>
>>25208986
I feel exactly as you do,I thought I was the only one. The whole night Matrix scenario turns me on (in every sense imaginable). The Merovingian parties were the only thing that I liked from the sequels
>>
>>25206940
One true love? Only one true love? Nah. But love is very much real, and one day, you'll meet a woman, whom you love very much, who loves you back very much, and it's all real, it's all genuine love and it may last years but eventually, it just won't work any more. You'll never stop loving her, though, she'll never stop loving you, and you'll both think about each other, from time to time, maybe you'll even text her or get an email from her, once in a blue moon, but you've undoubtedly moved on, with another girl you also love.
Love and permanence aren't nearly the same thing. My parents have literally never loved each other. I was the result of a one-night stand, and my mother tracked my father down, three months later and he did what was expected of him, and married her and raised me but they fought the whole time, and even though I've moved out and my sisters moved out and they have nothing to keep them together, they still stay married because "I'm 45 and had 3 kids, no one wants to get with me" and "I can't cook and neither can your mom but she tries". They don't love each other, at all, but they stick with each other.
You'll find love, anon, but don't expect it to last as long as you do.
>>
>>25209114
Is this an Eminem song?
>>
>>25209146
Your mom's an Eminem song.
>>
>>25209068
Patrician taste anon
>Implying love isn't about power and sodomization
>>
>>25209068
Looking it up this term is a bit broader than what I was hoping for, but thanks.
>>
File: wp_ss_20151222_0003.png (226 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151222_0003.png
226 KB, 800x480
>>25209175
>>25209068
>>25208986
Neo noir thread?
>>
>>25208986
I think it was a trend in the 90's,with the whole corporate dominion style and the need to remain eccentric in a monotonous world
>>
>>25209323
Yeah, there was a lot of it in the late 90's but I've never heard of a genre term for it or anything. I just want to be able to easily find more of it since I love it so much.
>>
>>25207699
The fact that love can be measured and observed through physical means, the fact that it can be quantified as something as tangible as chemicals, means that love is as real as anything else. Love triggers a chemical reaction; love is a stimulant, something to which the nervous system must react. Love is, therefore, real.
>>
>>25209417
If you want to be that much of a fag about it then anything that can be experienced can be thought of as "real".
>>
>>25209503
Exactly. You just check-mated yourself
>>
>>25209503
Well, if you experienced it, then it's undoubtedly real, right? Read your Descartes, get at least an introductory knowledge of this shit, before you try and spout off about things you don't know about at all, you jive ass turkey.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.