[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does everyone just conform? they don't question anything..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 15
File: 1430245087153.png (21 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1430245087153.png
21 KB, 900x900
why does everyone just conform? they don't question anything.. everyone lives like they're going to live forever and everyone just follows the social narrative like clones

it drives me fucking nuts, if you're not like this you'll feel completely alone and people even look down on you. its like a fucking conspiracy, you cant even discuss this with them, you'll get blank looks
>>
>>25205964
for clarification im talking about the work > consume > work lifestyle, and normie life in general

they don't even see the manipulation at play in the blindingly obvious advertising, or their drug addiction (spending every weekend in the pub, throwing away their wages). they all live for whatever they're told to live for, usually lowest vices like money or pussy. they have no higher values at all, no thoughts of their own. its fucking insane
>>
Plz give example.

Also, people are naturally cowards, or society would collapse.
>>
>>25206049
example of what? just look at normie lives..

le originale
>>
Are you really asking the question, or you just want to share your disdain to them ?
>>
>>25206191
i just want to discuss it here

thought thered be people like this here
>>
>everyone just follows the social narrative like clones

Natural selection has resulted in brains that release chemicals that cause good feelings when humans do things that benefit their reproductive fitness.

As an example, humans feel good when they eat fatty foods or have sex, because this would have been beneficial in a resource-scarce environment.

Social conformity is another good example of this. People want to conform at all costs because being noncomformist would have resulted in your death on the prehistoric savannah. People literally experience chemical good feelings when they follow trends and earn social approval from others.

>for clarification im talking about the work > consume > work lifestyle, and normie life in general

There are plenty of people who completely reject such a lifestyle and are still productive and successful, such as Tim Ferriss, James Altucher and more.
>>
>>25205964
its just easier mate.

once you surrender yourself to the normie meme everything gets better.
>>
>>25205964
>>25206026
>>25206243
Alright, faggot. I'll bite. What's your idea?
>inb4 OP just dislikes how things are and has no ideas of his own
>>
>>25206453
id rather be miserable

happiness as a goal is just a product of consumer society, they taught you that was the only purpose in life, and abolished all other potentail meaning, so you'd buy things and work harder
>>
>>25206628
nice assumptions there anon, good job.
>>
>>25206628
Dude, what if you thought, just for one second, that they do have thoughts? That they realize how stupid and unproductive they are being when they continue to question and whine about the way the world works, and that they question it in your thoughts? Everyone KNOWS that life is unfair, so what? What are they gonna do about it? They know children starve in Africa and everything else, but they just don't care. They have their own life to live. It may be disgusting when looked at, but that is just the way it is. Think about a country where they wanted TRUE equality. It always sucked. They were forced to be equal and it just was horrible. So in today's society, everything is in a disgusting balance. From consumerism and materialism to the communist edge-lords who can't fit.
>>
>>25206552
step 1 is de-condition yourself
learn how the system works, how they conditioned you and why.

try to unplug it all so you can think your own thoughts again..
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 575x554) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 575x554
>>25205964
lol rebel against the system lets make a change xdd nihilism and liberalism
>>
>>25206552
somebody else might have some ideas
>>
>>25206735
im not saying any of that. im western life is being conditioned at a young age to be a drone that upholds the current social narrative/economy. you don't even live your own life or think your own thoughts, and if you're one of the few that sees this, its very frustrating because 90% of people are just blind drones. unthinking masses
>>
>>25206757
lol everyone's life is stupid and meaningless
there is no system. nobody has any master plans. it's all a lie. that's the funniest part of it.
>>25206805
not any good ones. i assure you, faggot op.
>>
Everybody has these thoughts, they are not the unthinking drones you believe them to be. But they choose to do weekday makes them happy instead of worrying to an unneeded extent. So imho they are living better than someone obsessing about how people are being controlled.
>>
>>25205964
Reminds of the dancing scene from Antz
>>
>>25206191
>>25206552
>>25206735
>>25206761

Why is this always the response to this idea? Is it childhood trauma or some shit? The basic question itself is a good one, and its not presumptuous or pretentious at all. It has the potential to be, but at its base, its not, the question is good and it probably deserves a legit answer.

From what I can gather, its a combination of these things:
Fear
Low Intelligence
Genetic human propensity to appeal to your group

Sure, maybe it can be said to be "natural," but so is your teeth rotting out and disease. It's still not a good thing and all decent civilizations (particularly those in the west) have acknowledged this propensity and have tried to shape the style of government in a way that counteracts it.

This shitty pandering and meming is not something be proud of. You're definitely not being thankful for what good things you were given.
>>
>>25206947
>This shitty pandering and meming is not something be proud of. You're definitely not being thankful for what good things you were given.

and by that, I mean posts in this thread, not OP.
>>
>>25206947
c'mon, man.
we were all holding our breath for op's revolutionary vision to change 5,000 years of human societal evolution! WTF!
>>
>>25206947
the system teaches them to defend it like this. you attempt to discredit the speaker as "crazy" or an idiot, because thats easier than addressing any points or god forbid - ideas that don't conform to the system
>>
>>25206903
> there is no system. nobody has any master plans. it's all a lie
read a book idiot
>>
>>25207090
I read a lot of books, bro.
>>
>>25207068
Yes, the "system" pushes it, but it doesn't invent this propensity, it just tries to reinforce it. Also being raised in daycare from age 0 could contribute to a parental bond with the 'system', making people much more likely to defend it. It's still based around pre-existing propensities.
>>
>>25207058
the point im making isn't hard to grasp. we're conditioned to contribute to social stability. if you're one of the few who can look outside this conditioning you'll see there are better ways for the individual to live (that could never work for an entire society). the society needs its predictable drones, but you don't have to be one of them. i don't give a fuck about the drones, they deserve it for being plebs, i just find it frustrating that so few people realize they're a drone. they actually think their lifestyle is their choice...
>>
File: WALLPAPER4.jpg (97 KB, 1921x1080) Image search: [Google]
WALLPAPER4.jpg
97 KB, 1921x1080
>>25206845
what you said is stupid. everybody has thoughts, albeit not "muh freedom" or "Nietzsche is life" shit. Stop being a fucking moron whiney little bitch ass wimp and actually take a look at what I said. You live your own life, that is how everybody thinks, and you make your own decisions. Give me an example of unthinking masses and I bet you it will be wrong.
>>
>>25205964
Because it's the best way to get integrated into social groups and obtain connections to benefit you. From there, it becomes significantly easier to get important info, allowing you to manipulate others. In this day and age, you'd have to be retarded to be a dissenter, since you can't reliably defend yourself. You will lose.

The only reason anyone conforms is better themselves and keep options open. If you had an IQ higher than 110, you'd realize this. All those Ivy League Chads aren't Chads just for girls, lad.
>>
>>25207058
Why does OP have to have the answer you dumb faggot? Stop assuming the exploration of an idea needs to also absolutely refute it. By the way, are you seriously suggesting we should all just conform to what the best people at manipulating society want? Lmao moron.
>>
>>25206049
people who don't want to expand their minds

I personally want to know everything there is to be known
>>
>>25207165
Cuz he brought the question fucking up!
>>
>>25205964
What else is there to do?
>>
>>25207187
He didn't say he had the answer, either.
>>
>>25207171
what's the highest level math that you've studied

What about physics, or chemistry
>>
>>25207156
I don't think anybody's saying they don't have thoughts. It's the complexity of the thoughts thats the topic of discussion. People who conform to an idea simply because others are doing it IS thinking, but not very hard. Your point is redundant. I don't give a shit that "I want chocolate cake" is thinking, its not the kind of thinking that fucking matters.
>>
>>25207215
Math and physics are pretty shallow due to their unfounded logical positivism that avoids asking any meaningful questions

But to answer your question: statistics and high school physics
>>
>>25205964
>it drives me fucking nuts, if you're not like this you'll feel completely alone and people even look down on you. its like a fucking conspiracy, you cant even discuss this with them, you'll get blank looks

yep
>>
>>25207159
but my IQ is 140. and chad life is empty.. happiness as a goal is pathetic, society exploits base urges like vanity, sex, comfort..etc because they hold such a great control over plebs.

why do you think there's an obesity epidemic now and most people are drug addicts (for whatever drug the system prescribes: alcohol and cigarettes for now. but as the stress in a system increases, new things need to be introduced to offset that stress.. so next it will be weed and prescription antidepressants, because we all know the stress is increasing.. in the future you'll take your happy pills daily, which co-incedentally make you feel like buying things and shut down critical thinking (although they already train this out of you in your ages 4-18 mandatory developmental years schooling - drone training camps))
>>
>>25205964
t. college dropout

kek, the kids here at MIT grow out of those phases after the 1st semester
>>
thanks for the new pastas, OP
this'll be great for shitposting
>>
File: 239ew8t.gif (375 KB, 1000x1034) Image search: [Google]
239ew8t.gif
375 KB, 1000x1034
>>25205964
I can't understand it. I can't understand how people can become so attached to these ideas. They have to try and be popular. They have to have friends. They have to work. They have to strive towards normalfag things. They have to watch tv every afternoon.

I'm probably stuck in my ways about things that I just don't realize though.

>>25206947
Do you really think people who have spent their entire lives as part of society, spending every day in the normal life cycle are just going to see someone say "hey, maybe you're wrong" and change?

Of course not. People can't even get over the idea that breakfast isn't necessary. They just attack anyone who asks the question and points to intelligent people (>>25207306) to try and justify it all. If you don't conform you're obviously just not mature enough and you need to keep trying to figure out how to conform just like if you don't realize Jesus is your saviour you just have to keep trying and praying until you accept christianity.

>>25207187
retard
>>
>>25207141
>>25207165
>>25207196
You guys never have anything good to say. Always asking why like a bunch of fucking retarded five year olds.
Why? Why? Why? Why?
The fucking question is
How?
>>
>>25205964
Non conformity is lonely.
>>
>>25206026
>for clarification im talking about the work > consume > work lifestyle, and normie life in general

But it's even smaller than that, you know that distinct feeling where you know you did something reasonable but it made things awkward because another person simply didnt like you doing it?

Example

>At work one day
>Chad sits across from me to get out of the sun streaming thru the windows
>not many people in work today, so many free workspaces
>no one makes a fuss.
>same thing happens to me the next day, so i move to a different desk
>boss comes out and asks me why im not at my desk
>tell her why and she gets madder
>tell her chad did the same thing and no one gave a shit, whats the problem?
>chad walks in and backs me up, telling her he did, he cant understand the issue
>She stalls, and tries telling me off before leaving...
>it's too late now and i outright call her out and ask her what her problem is with me
>i mention "power games" and she leaves red faced

It's power games anon, it's simply conform because we think we can control you this way, shame you into doing what we want, chad's and stacies exempt of course because they can intimidate and get away with more. If you are even average, you better be working 9-5 + overtime not causing a problem or the next rung above in society will ruin your life for stepping out of line.
>>
>>25207380
Pretty much this.

For most people going against the flow just results in alienation.

It takes an actual ubermensch to impose his will on reality and live in perpetual spite of society's hand-me-down proscriptions.
>>
>>25207372
>>25205964
Any further comments on this will be met with swift retaliation. You will survive. Know your place. We're everywhere.
>>
>>25207435
Will not*

Sorry. But please don't question it, anymore.
>>
>>25207264

> math and physics are shallow

> hasn't even gone beyond basic fucking stats and physics.

10/10 troll man.
>>
>>25205964
Read The Sub Genius books
>>
>>25207372
> If you don't conform you're obviously just not mature enough
nailed it. i hate this, if you live by any other opinion on any matter, large or small, obviously you're too childish to grasp why the systems idea is superior. the enforcers are out in full force, constantly. prepare to get shit on unless you live exactly as the system prescribed
>>
>>25207305
Happiness is the only goal that matters. The problem is that people think they'll obtain it through hedonism, when this is very clearly not the case. Everyone in this day and age is miserable, yet no one looks around and realizes that feeding your base impulses is not the key to happiness and we need to look for something better as a species.
>>
>>25207487
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Book-Subgenius-Foundation/dp/0671638106

this?
>>
>>25205964
>>25206026

I love this arrogant abnormie bullshit where some complete retard has convinced himself that he knows what everyone else thinks and the motivations behind why they do things.

Welcome to turning 14, you pretentious, edgy little cunt.
>>
>>25205964
>turn to friend from high school who has a full time crappy job with little-to-no possible progression
>has a gf working similar job type
>turn to him
>"Is this how you imagined the rest of our lives? Working to live; living to work?"
>he just stares at me blankly
>tail into a different discussion and pretend I never said anything
>>
>>25207497
you are fighting an unstoppable force. what do you seek to accomplish? you're just approaching your death faster and faster whenever you resist. your loved ones are already consumed by it. it's only a matter of time until you succumb, fledgling
>>
>>25207253
Any "Intellectual" thought about society is just speculating and theory, it never actually does anything. "I want chocolate cake" has the same weight as "America is fascist" or "conformity" because in the end they are just thoughts. People who have IDEAS such as government structure can be considered intellectuals and their thoughts about their IDEAS matter. The complexity of thoughts in today's world are useless. Everyone can have a possibility of thinking "Deep" thoughts, but they still conform. They don't want to have to stand on the streets homeless because of something stupid that they said, making them unfit for an interview. They don't want trouble because of thoughts, so they keep them thoughts and not ideas. Complexity of thoughts is irrelevant unless the people thinking them make them into ideas, speaking publicly about them. OP thinks conformity is bad and typical. In conformity we have production and we have a social norm, so people don't wear pajamas to work.

TL;DR: Depth of thoughts are irrelevant, only ideas matter in that regard of complexity. Everybody has thoughts, but not always deep thoughts.
>>
>>25205964
Children grow up wanting to fit in. Young adults grow up wanting to stand out.

Every adult has thought about what sets them apart and what they can do to achieve that, as well as a happy life. Just because the way you decide to set yourself apart is to demonize others while elevating yourself to a position of "enlightened disdain" because of a fat ego, does not make you a better person in any sense.

You're right. No one is THAT special. But, It's easy to look down on one another and say "fuck that guy with his normal job and normal car and normal house and normal life" but just know that it is more than likely that he himself has had his own thoughts on the matter, has questioned his own motives, his own character, his own motivation for success and ultimately, decided that that is the way he wants to live a fulfilling life.

I just want to point out that OP came here with this thread with the expectation that he would find like-minded individuals, as he says a few posts down from the OP. This makes you no less dogmatic and narrow minded than the people you demonize.
>>
>>25207536
>I love this arrogant abnormie bullshit where some complete retard has convinced himself that he knows what everyone else thinks and the motivations behind why they do things.

It's easy to tell because they criticise but never-ever offer up a better way.

Like if you are going to say society is broken at least clue us in to your (probably retarded) method of fixing it.
>>
>>25207511
> Happiness is the only goal that matters
nothing matters. and since ideas can be reality, such as heroism or pride, you can create a far better life for yourself than just comfort.. fulfillment might be a better word, which could mean anything to anyone. even simple rebellion against the machine by being a neet can be fulfilling.

rest of the post i agree. but the system will always exploit those base urges, it doesnt need happy people for social stability. just calm, contented, unthinking obedience. drugs, consumption, mindless entertainment, repetitive tasks..etc go a long way for this.. as well as the obvious, constant fear of being labelled a weirdo and shunned by normie lifestyle enforcers.
>>
>>25207435
>>25207458
So it will not be met with swift retaliation? Why even mention it, then?
>>
>>25207305
Because those people have no self-control. It is up top the person to make their own character.

>>25207376
Okay, then how?
>>
I know this feeling.

I am in my last year of school at what is probably the most normalfag place (li)

The culture here is so fast paced. it feels like no one slows down for just a second to reflect.

It has already been said in the thread but it is easier to just go with the flow. Why should one have to look past face value when you don't have to?

People give me strange looks when I tell them I sometimes go on night walks. They ask me why and tell me it is a waste of time. And to be honest I probably don't have a good answer besides just wanting to walk alone. So then I think to myself "Why am I the only one? Is this not how life is meant to be? What am I doing wrong?"

I am not the best at writing my thoughts.
>>
>>25207399
deep. I see shit like this happen every day.
>>
>>25207577
Exactly! Why do people look at a group and instantly think conformity?

Though, what do you think about conformity?
>>
>>25207593
step 1:
abolish socialized medicine. one of the problems that modern day society has is that no one wants to act because they see no need to. the system keeps them on a leash and feeds them just enough. they have nothing to complain about and nothing to worry about, it's the perfect form of slavery.

once you open the floodgates and let people on their own, only then will they open their minds when the situation is dire. in some ways, technology and higher living standards has killed rational thought and the quest for knowledge. why seek knowledge when you can watch prime time tv and play the newest video game, all while munching down on your favorite snacks and pop your sugar and cyanide pills, shoved down your throat by big pharma
>>
it's their instincts. evolution engrains instincts that tell us all sorts of things. it's much better for society for us all to conform and do whatever, but it's also good to go against things and challenge them (see Socrates, etc.). people will do whatever you tell them to, without question. it's just their monkey brain telling them what to do. i m drunk so you know i am telling the truth.
>>
>>25206349
> People literally experience chemical good feelings when they follow trends and earn social approval from others.

this is good, i've never thought of that because i get the opposite, i feel disgusted when following the masses.
>>
File: originality.png (545 KB, 600x587) Image search: [Google]
originality.png
545 KB, 600x587
>>25205964
what in your view is genuine and reasonably justified nonconformism?

anyone can look different superficially but really be a slave to some trendy subculture

anyone can go "hurr durr hitler was right" but that is low effort nonconformism

they don't count
>>
>>25207682
holy shit, what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>25207577
what a load of shit

nice attack on my character instead of my ideas. as pointed out here: >>25207497 >>25207372 >>25206947

i am better than these people because i have values apart from the heard, and the strength to stand by them. most people are too weak and pathetic to have ideas about anything, thinking requires more effort than watching tv i guess
>>
>>25207793
>heard
>herd
Nah, you're just some faceless drone among the masses. Destined to die in obscurity like your faggot grandpa and his father before him.
>>
Most people know it's bullshit.

They just know it's better than poverty. Or better than NEET life or whatever.
>>
>>25207757
when you learn about the influences upon you and their purpose in the machine, then decide to make choices for yourself instead.. the machine doesn't give a fuck about you, it wants stability.
>>
>>25207793
I attacked your ideas and your behavior. Now calmly explain why it's a load of shit. You're just angry because you know that you're not special for thinking this way. That others really have thought this through and have conciliatory decided for themselves that they live the way they want to is such an angering idea to you makes most people laugh.

C'mon pal. There's no need to be a sad little man who points to everyone's mistakes, rather than looking at himself, to explain your own shortcomings as a human being.

Again, your idea isn't novel, you aren't special for thinking this way, and EVERYONE has these thoughts. If anything, you're the brainwashed person parroting what every other lonely fucker on this board is saying.
>>
>>25207894
> Destined to die in obscurity like your faggot grandpa and his father before him.
do you think i don't realize that i'll die in obscurity, did you think this was somehow hurtful?

leave my thread and be gone with you plebeian
>>
>>25207682
>step 1:
>abolish socialized medicine

but that care cannot be "taken" from you, fuck even mass murderers and terrorists receive care under socialized medicine

It literally has no effect on people's actions.
>>
>>25207793
it's called compromise. it leads to cooperation. then to shared values, social paradigms, civilization, industry, science, medicine, peace.

that's why nobody likes you. you draw lines in the sand that nobody but you sees, then become a self righteous asshat the second anybody crosses it.
and you refer to them as values, gtfo of here
>>
>its like a fucking conspiracy
It actually is. You see, the people who are alive now are descendants of people who have been bred for slavery/serfdom over thousands of years. This is why they conform so well and do as they're told.
>>
>>25207735
I get what you're saying, but is it because you're following the masses or is it because what the masses are doing is disgusting in and of itself?

I'm definitely wary when my ideas flow with society's views, but I realized that despite society being 99% shit there are still times where society has the right idea about a given subject manner.
>>
The rules are different even if you are ugly, but have confidence.

The rules are even more different if you are a chad and have confidence.

I've seen chad's snared in passive aggressive friendships, relationships, workplaces because they didnt speak out.

I mean they want you to think you will lose your life if you are shamed, you wont. Shaming someone has become the most powerful tool in the passive aggressive arsenal. It's easier to shame the weak and meek.
>>
>>25207926
> nice attack on my character instead of my ideas. as pointed out here: >>25207497 (You) >>25207372 >>25206947

are you going to some point for me to address, or just continue to armchair psychfag?
>>
>>25207664
Conformity is part of human nature, to a degree. There are those who have the drive and motivation to set themselves apart and lead, and then there are those who follow, trying to get by and make a comfortable life for themselves. Conformity really is just a product of evolution. Predictable behavior gets you rewarded by letting you operate in communities and have children.

Today, conformity has its same roots, though it's become much more complex, way more complex that can be fully fleshed out on an image board. Generally, people conform to SOME degree in order to operate in a society that enables them to propel themselves to where they want to go. We obey certain social norms and traditions in order to coordinate with others, which allows us to both survive and thrive, as opportunity comes from showing your worth to others.

There's also the case of identity, but that's it's own shit storm of a thread.

OP is a faggot.
>>
>>25205964
>its like a fucking conspiracy

It is.
>>
>>25208012
>shared values
sugarcoated brainwashing
>social paradigms
see above
>civilization
fucked beyond repair
>industry
doesn't produce anything beneficial anymore, the bigwigs only looking for profit
>science
controlled by said bigwigs, can't do research on anything without being aproved and if you don't have a degree (a fancy piece of fucking paper) you won't get to be able to do anything, even if you have great ideas
>medicine
complete opposite of beneficial. big pharma is one of the biggest enemies that we have. mercury is in vaccines and no one bats an eye. a new generation of addicted pillpushers is being made
>peace
not achievable
>>
>>25205964
What gets me the most is the lack of question. I feel like people don't think. Its not even about how they live. It's just that people haven't sat down and thought about meanings or what life is like beyond what a blogpost says.

I try asking questions about meaning of life, money, why are we doing what we do. Problem is most people are highly religious so they either don't care or say "oh God did it we wouldn't understand just live die go to heaven"
Now of course we have the STEM community who are actually doing shit and realized the futility. But outside of it most normal people just don't care. And when their defaulted opinions are challenged they get angry.
>>
>>25208012
its called brainwashing. it leads to a stable society of drones that lead copy/paste lives of prescription who then force you to live the same way

> that's why nobody likes you
people like me
>>
>>25208042
God you're fucking stupid.

Let me spell it out for you fag boy.

Why do you instantly assume that others are incapable of thinking for themselves, rather than being able to have agency over their lives?

Why do you believe that your view of superficial common characteristics between individuals (I.e. media consumption, having a career, having a family) has anything to do with people not having the ability to have agency over their lives? If you were to speak to each person individually in person, you would find that people are extremely complex beings and that these superficial things you observe are just a fraction of the things that make up a human life. Why can't you see that?

Why are you such a faggot?

For your hive minded retard brain, I laid them out in easy to digest question form. Answer up or shut your fucking conspiracy loving mouth.
>>
>>25208111
> What gets me the most is the lack of question. I feel like people don't think. Its not even about how they live. It's just that people haven't sat down and thought about meanings or what life is like beyond what a blogpost says.
yup this is what i said in OP

> why does everyone just conform? they don't question anything

the sheer butthurt flying around in here after that simple statement tells you everything you need to know
>>
>>25208129
This is such a lazy piece of shit answer. "Yep, everyone is a drone and I'm a special snowflake for saying this, even though I also seek validation for my ideas through r9k, which is a magnet for people with these same exact ideas, instead of actual human interactions. Yep, I know what every other person thinks and feels and that makes me more enlightened and a better person."
>>
>>25206026
If you aren't being ironic..

The plebs have a free ride. all they have to do is follow the rules and sometimes produce a bit of bullshit and they get fed, protected, medicated etc all while having all day long to party with their friends.

There's really no better alternative. all the alternatives are worse, because you have to work harder for less reward.
>>
>>25208071
Can you give a quick tl;dr on that book?
>>
File: 1242151235.gif (306 KB, 350x466) Image search: [Google]
1242151235.gif
306 KB, 350x466
>>25207497
The problem is that there is no happy solution. It's pure misery to understand this stuff so of course people want to delude themselves into not thinking like this. I know if I ever had someone I cared about I would want them to grow up being deluded, thinking their life has purpose and all the other nonsense, the stuff that drives ego and makes people feel more important than others as if anything matters. It is a conspiracy in the sense that everyone knows deep down that it's true but they keep giving hope to the next generation.

Here's my take on it all:
I'm indifferent towards death, I don't see the purpose in killing myself just as I don't see the purpose in living. As long as I still want to do things in life I won't kill myself.
Why do I want to do things? It's just human nature, it's the primal urge where I feel good when I do stuff I like. Funnily enough, I have no problem with conformity, I'm joining the military in a couple months because it's what I want out of life and I exercise and I study all to try and better myself so I can one day be a great soldier. If I can't live a free life where I have no obligations and can just live in my room playing video games all day then I don't care if I'm a slave to the military or a slave to a boss or a slave to money or a slave to hunting to eat to survive because no matter what you do you can never be free.
Keeping myself preoccupied helps keep the feelings of meaninglessness away. I believe that when you are doing stuff your brain is producing the chemicals that lull you into this more deluded mindset of your life having meaning and I do feel better even if it is just because I have less time to feel bad.
I imagine many people think the same but because we live life in a way where we pretend to conform it's difficult to know who's pretending.

I don't mean to sound pretentious but it's so difficult to explain this stuff without people just completely discrediting you

>>25207593
retard
>>
>>25208111
Maybe the people around you think that way, but most people DO think about all the things you think about. Everyone I know has had these crises. Each person I've met has had their own questions and struggles for identity and conception of happiness. This is something people all over the world think about, not just you. Break out of your little Internet bubble.

Somehow, I actually think the Internet might have alienated some people rather than connected them, as shown by this board.

Some of you really do believe that you are the only ones who think freely and question your own motives and actions. I dunno if this is a result of social ostracizing in your own lives or a disdain for a humanity or some other personality trait but it's depressing as fuck and extremely narrow-minded.
>>
>>25208267
>sub-120 IQ pleb joins the military to become cannon fodder
wow, why didn't you just say that in the first place, so I could ignore your post. i can't believe I flexed my neurons to read that shlock
>>
>>25208332
What do you do that is so great OP? I bet you're a fucking NEET.
>>
>>25208174
> Why do you instantly assume that others are incapable of thinking for themselves, rather than being able to have agency over their lives?
because 90% of people live the same lifestyle, and if you ask them why they can't tell you. also most people are less intelligent than me, including yourself

> superficial common characteristics between individuals (I.e. media consumption, having a career, having a family) has anything to do with people not having the ability to have agency over their lives?
because if they lived in another time period/location they wouldn't be living that lifestyle, they'd live the one prescribed by that location/society. how is family and career superficial? its how they spend most of their life

> these superficial things you observe are just a fraction of the things that make up a human life
their lifestyle, desires, thoughts, beliefs, values, how they spend their entire lives..etc

to end the post in your psychfag style: you should probably ask yourself why you're so butthurt over this thread
>>
>>25208369
i'm a researcher at UCSD studying the regiochemistry of dipolarophiles, along with working to effectively synthesize amylopectin.
>>
>>25208255
op here. basically life is miserable and meaningless and we should end humanity, but everyone pretends life is fun to get by and humans are delusional to this extent.

probably similar to the cognitive dissonance in this thread claiming that the very system that has them sitting on r9k is somehow great
>>
>>25208422
You know that's specifically identifying information, don't you?
>>
>>25208414
>90% of people love the same lifestyle

stopped reading there

That statement isn't rooted in fact and reflects your own bias and opinion towards society. No two people are alike and the little nuances in life are what set people apart. There's no major dividing line between the "normies" you seek to demonize and the "enlightened 10%" that you call yourself a part of. There's a huge gray area that most people fall into and we're all trying to sort out this big question of life. The takeaway is that your explanation is easy to digest and defend, and it's a chicken shit way out of facing the real world. You're stubborn. I'm done.
>>
>>25208422
>literal undergrad synthesis "research"
Wow, what an accomplishment. I don't flaunt my publications, since every fucking retard can get their garbage published in an academic journal, these days. Try studying twistor theory, aspie.
>>
>>25208369
he wasn't op. im op. but hes right, you're a retard for joining the military. also, ideas have meaning in a sense, like art, so i wouldn't wish delusion on anyone. truth is more powerful, even if it is lonely and depressing.

happiness is empty, the system prescribes you an empty life because a more meaningful one would not lead to stability. thinking for yourself is not encouraged.
>>
>>25208511
and this, my friends, is the only way to finish off these shills. 140 IQ has never done me wrong. i also love how he calls me "stubborn" at the end, to retain the higher ground. i'd be chuckling if it wasn't so depressing

this is the cognitive ability of the average human being in 2015. by the time people start to wake up and follow in my footsteps, it'll already be too late
>>
Here's the real question: why do people get violent when there's no threat to the physical self? If I called a random person's mother a cunt, there are a number of people that would take a swing, as one example. Being an asshole shouldn't trigger physical violence yet it does - why?
>>
File: 08923851519-12.gif (477 KB, 506x543) Image search: [Google]
08923851519-12.gif
477 KB, 506x543
>>25208248
If you ask yourself why people conform then I believe the answer is that they never had the opportunity to stop and think

People are born, they're told what to do by their parents, they go to school, they hang out with friends, they work, they go to college, they find a partner, they practice some hobby, they work some more, they have kids, they work some more, they die

I became very depressed by the end of high school but I didn't know it was depression when it hit. I shut myself off from society and it completely changed how I thought. In the first few weeks I had a sleep cycle and I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner. Eventually my sleep cycle started to fall apart as I realized that you don't have to sleep in normal times and then I started eating irregularly and I started eating breakfast foods for dinner. It's a joke to think this is some big leap of escaping from conformity but if you live your entire life with a set habit and just break it has a larger impact than you think. Eventually I started becoming more and more detached until I got to the point of pure apathy where I only did things that I wanted to. I literally sat on a mattress with a laptop for days at a time, just eating junk food and lurking chans and listening to music. I only showered when the cum stains on my shirt became moldy. My mind really detached from my body and I stopped seeing myself as myself.

It changes everything. Things like fashion and ego just don't make sense to me any more. All these people believe they're tough when they fear death and think murder is wrong.

No normalfag understands this. They never disconnected themselves from society. They couldn't handle taking a break from society. They never break the pattern or the habit and it shows in their thoughts, everything is contained in this box.

>>25208561
>you're a retard for joining the military
>You're not allowed to like that! Stop liking that!
These are the people who actually believe they're 'enlightened'
>>
>>25208561
Nigga, people don't follow this lifestyle because they want to. They do it because have to survive. It has nothing to do with everyone being a mindless drone; they'd rather work than starve and live in the streets. I wanted to be a NEET forever because working a dead-end job is fucking pointless. However after I got kicked out of my parents' house and lived on the street for several months it changed my outlook on everything. Once you don't have mommy and daddy supporting you chances are you'll work to support yourself.
>>
>>25208511
your greentext says "love" but i wrote "live". this leads me to think you actually typed out that quote yourself.. for future reference, you can use ctr+c and ctr+v to just copy paste highlights from another persons post.

your post was shit and not worth responding to btw. look outside if you don't think 90% of people live the same life with the same goals and beliefs in a given society.
>>
>>25208518
that dudes not OP. OP here and im a neet who does nothing.

what? did you think your system prescribed defense mechanism of questioning my social worth (how hard i work for the jews) would actually bother me. take your shaming tactics and fuck yourself.
> question

>>25208565
not op but i like his style
>>
>>25208622
You merely have to look at the idea of breakfast food to get a grasp of propaganda.
>>
>>25205964
because they don't know how else to live?
It drives me nuts too man but I have no idea what other option there is, I'd love to go on the computer once every few days and not sit on it 24/7 being unproductive. I really fucking want to go out and just live a normal life but here I am ... man I dont even have any energy to finish this post.
>>
I just need to state this:

there are people in this thread who have been saying this kind of idea:
>people do think and have thought about all the things OP has
>they've decided to be who they are
this is not true.
people do not think the same thoughts as someone who is enlightened.
they have not made a decision to follow the crowd even though they know that it is against their personal morals to do so.

one example is poor people voting republican.

i'm not going to give any more examples.
>>
>>25208725
How can you scoff at other people if you do absolutely nothing? You have all these brilliant ideas but you never put them into action. Thinking alone means nothing if you don't take any actions, bud.
>>
>>25208642
yeah people gotta survive. you're not in the category im talking about cause you're on r9k and actually able to comprehend a discussion like this. normies can't, they get mad. they just cant question anything they're so brainwashed and attached to their slavery. stockholm syndrome at its finest
>>
>>25207966
only the raw truth do i ever present to you, anon.
>>
>>25208786
more attacks on my character from the plebians. i do what i want kid. and who said i wanted to change the world? im complaining on r9k

this shit should be obvious but somehow a lotta y'all are mad, i guess this thread is prime normie bait
>>
>>25205964

We're social animals. Conformity is how we stay close enough to learn. We evolved from tribal animals that didn't always have language as we think of it today. Conformity is how we avoid isolation, it's how we communicate on a deeper level than just words. Some of it is deeply ingrained in our biology, like with mirror neurons: think how easy it is to make a baby laugh, and how your laughter is both triggered by and a trigger for their laughter.

Conformity helps us see things in a similar perspective to other people. It allows us to understand them.

Have you ever questioned why it bothers you so much that these people aren't similar to you, while being similar to one another?

Have you ever wondered whether maybe people have questioned these things, in their own way, and made their choice? Or do you assume all people who disagree with you are unintelligent?

Have you ever thought maybe your rejection of the social narrative is an attempt to escape inner feelings of dissatisfaction and inadequacy, similar to the reasons others feed into it, and embrace it?

Does holding your opinion make you feel superior? You take pride in being 'aware'? Did you ever think that this was also part of the social narrative? That we're taught to feel special for 'seeing'.

It keeps us hunting for more knowledge, which makes us more likely to come across the mainstream. You have to see it to hate it. You have to seek it to hate it. If it angers you, it's for you, because that makes you more likely to watch/read it through.
>>
>>25208422
>tfw your coworkers are so tired of interacting with you they assign you to work by yourself on stuff that can barely be pronounced in English
"hey bob how's the office coffee this morning?"

"I REALLY PEPE REEEEEEE OVER THIS DIPOLARPHILES, COFFEE IS FOR MORONS, I SHOULD BE AT HOME WATCHING THEBIGBBANGTHEORY"
>>
>AH, this book. I don't know what to say besides I'm kind of in shock in a good way. But also a bad way depending on how you look at it. Now that I've read this there's no going back to being a comfortable sheep in the herd, I guess. This should be required reading for everyone. It makes too much sense. Just read it.
This stuff used to make me angry. Cuz I'd read "there's no going back to being a comfortable sheep" or whatever and then be reminded of my own superiority complex. But now it makes me sad. Cuz that guy identified as a sheep, probably still does identify as a sheep. All he can do is bleat about how he isn't a sheep or doesn't want to be a sheep. Bleat to his fellow sheep. And I am a sheep. And there is no way to stop being a sheep. The only way forward from here is into our graves.
>>
>>25207372
>People can't even get over the idea that breakfast isn't necessary

Fuck you faggot, I'm hungry when I wake up
>>
>>25208884
Feed your face.
>>
>>25208565
>a person with 140 IQ posting on r9k
>believing IQ tests mean anything
>"I AYM KING UF DA TIN FOIL HAT BRIGAYD"
probably a troll at this point
Anyone who says "wake up people" is a paranoid quack.
>>
>>25208930
Wake up sheeple is a calling card too.
>>
>>25208849
>We used to be gorillas,you know?
Darwinism is just pretentious when used as an isolated causality of all
>>
>>25208761
And what makes you so sure? What gives validity to this idea? I would say that you hold the burden of truth, as you can't speak for most people, only yourself.
>>
>>25208849
> mirror neurons
> le nature argument
> society is just a product of evolution and not the jews control!
this has to be a meme post, get a grip and read the op again. you know im right. most people are walking automatons, programmed to live x and enforce x, why do you think we're on an anonymous board right now? spouting half this shit in public will get you killed in the real world kid

and if you spout it on twitter you'll get locked up by the thought police
>>
>be a travelling hobo
>not even a scummy one, I work for a living
>people immediately think I'm a worthless sack of shit loser as soon as I say I travel and have no permanent home

why?
>>
>>25208979
because they immediately suspect you'll want to stay with them...
>>
>>25208961
op here. that dude is right. those of you who think "the sheep do know about all this, they just choose to ignore it" need to go outside. the sheep exist. they've never had an original thought in their life. if you question their small cosy world of wageslavery and television, you will be met with blank stares or rage from the more irritable ones

my proof? i dont gotta prove shit kid
>>
>>25208849
This. So hard this.

Get fucked OP.
>>
>>25208979
You go against what they stand for, whatever that is.

People think in black and white most of the time. Especially people like the 140 IQ guy.
>>
>>25209015

I guess that's a fair assumption, I wouldn't stay in a strangers house though, I like my tent.
>>
>>25209030
>>25208979
140 IQ guy here. most people have been shamed and forced into a life they hate by the system. if you live outside it, you threaten their way of life.. it means they had a choice after all, they'd prefer not to realize that.

also, check out this thread. normies will defend the system with their lives even though they hate it
>>
>>25209096
It all goes back to my ignored question of violence. People could radically restructure housing and food distribution and create a paradise on earth for everyone. And thinkers like Buckminster Fuller have pointed out paths but no one has done anything.
>>
>>25209022
>my proof? i dont gotta prove shit kid

Yes you do. The only thing that makes ideas valid is reproducibility. From a basic glance over what you say, you say "most people this," "90% do that," "x people behave this way."

You speak only in vast over generalizations. Why would any educated, free thinker believe you? What makes an anonymous voice on an aspie anime board qualified to speak in such vast sweeping generalizations? Get off your soap box. If you can't prove anything by providing ANYTHING more than sweeping statements then shut the fuck up, Mr. IQ 140 lmfao
>>
>>25208977
>all these assumptions
>all this generalizing without proof
>believing you're so special

so so sad
>>
>>25209177
I realize you might not even be mr. 140, but that doesn't matter, you're both the same person practically, both fixated and obsessed with this idea that you are somehow better than other people
>>
I think that people know about the truth but they learn that the best thing is to accept it and move along. They only realise it was a mistake when they are dying and they have unresolved questions,but who can blame them for being who they are? Do you choose to be "aware" of the system?
>>
>>25208786
retard

>>25208884
I'm not saying you can't eat breakfast, just that people find a schedule where people aren't waking up in the morning and eating cereal or some toast as odd or even antisocial.

But you bring up another point which is that people are always doing the easy thing, they accept this life where they just get by doing the minimum and these are the people who care about life. These people can't handle pain or discomfort because they don't practice being able to handle pain and discomfort. Another part of being able to detach yourself is being able to look at things like pain and say 'this isn't a negative feeling, it's just another feeling'. People can't push past pain and they have no strive to try and do so, they're animals, maggots twisting and turning towards the light, wiggling along the past of least resistance

Just go and sit in a bath of cold water or under a shower of hot water and stop and think about how what you're feeling isn't bad, you're just feeling. The sensation can be quite enjoyable
>>
you're all numbskulls. go read some plato, aristotle, augustine, aquinas, descartes, spinoza, leibniz, locke, berkeley, hume, kant, hegel, marx, lenin, schopenhauer, nietzsche, heidegger, husserl, sartre, pierce, james, dewey, frege, russell, wittgenstein, confucius, derrida, rousseau, mill, kierkegaard, camus, popper, comte, epicurus, hayek, dennett, and chomsky then come talk to me
>>
>>25209290
Whatever helps you justify being a NEET loser. If you want to blame others rather than realize that you're deluding yourself that "the Jews" and the "Chads" and "normies" are after to control your mind, fine, but expect others who disagree with you to see your nut job theory for what it is.

You.
Are.
Not.
Special.

You are a loser. Your character and actions reflect who you are as a person.
>>
>>25209418
So what's the solution?

Be miserable all our lives? Reject our basic instincts, the very things that make us human? What will lead to a better life? Believing that society is a dynamic and ever changing thing that provides both structure through conformity and individuality through opportunity? or believing that society is an illness and we should all isolate ourselves from it in order to attain some ephemeral ideal where no one is like any other one person?

You've made your choice. A stupid choice that limits your opportunities for a happy life, but nonetheless YOUR stupid choice.

Death will also force all of you to question whether or not this choice was worth it. Was it worth it to throw away basic instinctual happiness, any untapped potential in a competitive world and any possibility of a truly fulfilling life in order to obtain the unobtainable r9k utopia where everyone thinks they are better than everyone else.

This whole board is an inferiority complex disguised as a superiority complex.
>>
>>25207372
>People can't even get over the idea that breakfast isn't necessary
retard
>>
>>25209474
>You are a loser
In your opinion
And your opinion is not right just because most people agree with it

You are the loser. We are all losers. Nothing anyone does makes them better or worse than anyone else on any significant scale. The only scale you have is what society deems important and while people think being wealthy and famous and attractive are the most valuable traits I think being able to control other's lives is where the true power is.

In society what is the most valuable thing to people? It's their own lives. Before wealth and fame it's their own lives. Being a boss of some large corporation means you can control a large amount of people. Being attractive means you can control people. Being famous means you have power in society which means you can control people. But true power is being able to control someone's life, to be able to decide when they die. So in this silly scale of what matters society I think that being someone who can end lives is truly the most powerful, the top of the society. And then normals wonder why people become serial killers. If I gave a shit about what society thought I would become a serial killer. There can't really be anything more satisfying than feeling the life drain from someone, watching the fear and regret in their eyes, who's spent their life trying to so hard to accomplish meaningless things all while thinking they're the top dog, they matter more than someone else because of some trivial nonsense they've done.

>>25209681
>You've made your choice. A stupid choice that limits your opportunities for a happy life, but nonetheless YOUR stupid choice
I don't choose to believe what I believe. I only believe what I think is true.

>So what's the solution?
Do what you want.

Please get more offended though. Please keep misunderstanding arguments as you flail for something to cling to so you don't start believing all the sad and depressing reality
>>
>>25209901
are you that same military guy?
>>
>>25209901
>If I gave a shit about what society thought I would become a serial killer
kek
>>
>>25206026
Only 90% do this.
You happen to be one in ten. Get over it
>>
>>25207105
Wrong ones
>>
File: 2015-12-24 00.30.11.jpg (299 KB, 960x949) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-24 00.30.11.jpg
299 KB, 960x949
>>25209901
>>25209681
>>25209474
>>25209435
>>25209418
>>25209413
>>25209290
>>25209177
>>25209096
I love every single one of you.
>>
>>25207577
first intelligent post in the thread
>>
>>25208861
good thing my peers are all academics, and look down at normies, nonwhites and anyone with an IQ below 130

I can practically taste your tears, brainlet.
>>
>>25208507
And what if it is? You gonna come beat me up?
>>
File: 2015-12-24 00.18.32.jpg (410 KB, 960x949) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-24 00.18.32.jpg
410 KB, 960x949
>>25210336
I won't...but do you forget which board you're on?
>>
>>25208955

>Implying that being more neurologically advanced means that our limbic system takes a backseat to more explicit forms of cognition

Our reward systems respond to being social. Similar to how a man can still orgasm into a condom, thought that's 'against evolution' humans can enjoy participating something they're evolutionarily adapted for. Even if it no longer benefits them in the same way on a macro level, they still receive the same reward chemicals. They still have the same deep rooted instincts and imprints specific to humans.

Conformity itself isn't specific to humans though. Or primates. I started off by saying 'we're social animals' not that we're monkeys. We're social mammals, but I think mammals in general are pretty social, since they tend to grow up in litters.

I don't think "evolution is always the answer" though, but thank you for your criticism, because it's true, it can be overused as an explanation for everything, to avoid actual analysis.

I was trying to give a condensed version of my understanding of conformity, but I'd love to know what disagreements or flaws you see in my explanation, other than its pretentious tone.
>>
lol OP is stupid xD
>>
>>25205964
Several reasons,
>fear
>laziness
>stupidity

>fear
Your avererage joe is actually capable of deeper thinking and self analysis they just choose not to use it. The reason being is they don't like what they see and are afraid of it. It's like on the matrix, you could choose the blue pill or red pill, well man, I'd choose the fucking blue pill because being redpilled sucks because you can't enjoy life as fully as other people.

>laziness
Honestly, to change the system OP was talking about would mean you'd have to dedicate your whole life to it and sacrifice what would otherwise be a mundane yet peaceful and happy existence. I could start a revolution f I devoted enough time and resources to that, but I (and notmies) choose not to question authority because we're lazy and don't want to deal with the consequences or repercussions.

>stupidity
Some people are just dumb and don't ask themselves questions, these are not wage cucks but these are the people who in highschool you and your peers looked at and said they were a dumbass because they did immature and stupid shit, most of these will end up never leaving their home town and work in some minimum wage job.
>>
>>25208977

I wasn't appealing to nature, which is what the fallacious form of that argument would be. 'It's in our nature' as an implication that this outcome was inevitable and to be expected, is completely wrong. You're right in thinking so.

But how did the Jews become smart enough to control the world? Did natural selection play no part? You surely can't say that their religion has no effect on selecting for their intelligence and their attitudes towards procreation.

You realize believing in the Jew's control is analogous to the way black people believe in the control of white people as an oppressive monolith.

Did you know that the thought police don't even have to exist, for you to keep quiet? You just have to believe in them.

Do you know anyone offline that has been 'silenced' by them? Anyone you've not heard of through the media?

Did you know that hatred of the 'outgroup' is an evolutionarily adaptive trait? That bigotry has rational roots?

Did you know our brains are well-adapted to recognize and respond to symbolism? Something representing something else. Because our brains can bridge the gap between the outside world, and our internal perception of it. They can bridge that gap so well, that we begin to believe that they're the same thing.

You may perceive me as naive, so you type up a response to my post. To educate me, to insult me, to discredit me.

But nothing you've written is anything I haven't read before. I believe that you believe what you believe. I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm asking that you be mindful of your own thinking. Question yourself just as relentlessly as you question other people, because you're a person too.

Don't write people off for having opinions you don't understand. That's like rejecting data to report a result that fits a hypothesis. It's intellectually dishonest.

If you want to ask me questions, I'm all for it. But you only really asked one, and it seemed rhetorical, since you answered it yourself.
>>
>>25209096

The bystander effect. 'If it's not (all) my fault, I shouldn't have to do anything to fix it' is basically a theme underlying a lot of conflict.
>>
File: 44483.png (46 KB, 376x401) Image search: [Google]
44483.png
46 KB, 376x401
>>25205964
weeeeew lad so enlightening
>>
Are you faggots really underage?

I can't stop laughing and cringing to this fucking thread and people unironically using
>the system
>the machine
>conditioning
>conformism
So you seriously see yourselves as some kind of enlightened freethinkers? Jesus Christ. I'd like to hear some actual examples of how you imagine a different, independent life to be. No vague shit like "outside the system" or "unplugged", actual, concise descriptions.
>>
File: BraveVick.jpg (89 KB, 602x731) Image search: [Google]
BraveVick.jpg
89 KB, 602x731
>>25212481
Imagine being such a normalfag you miss the point this badly
>>
File: image.png (60 KB, 376x401) Image search: [Google]
image.png
60 KB, 376x401
>>25212454
sheeblox
>>
All through elementary school I tried to be "cool" and popular and preppy. It didn't work. I found myself with my own group. We were outcasts but I liked them. In 7th grade a rumour was created about me. For some reason my friend said something about us pretending to jerk off in class to 8th graders. They asked me one day if it was true. I was so excited that they were talking to me I went along with it. This led to a year of torment. At age 13 I wanted to end it. I decided to redeem myself. I started lifting at age 13 and excelled in athletics. I turned out to be a pretty well rounded individual, I built myself to be as perfect as I could. I kind of see myself as an antihero. I had opportunities to gain popularity but turned it down. The friends I made going through the bad years were all I needed. And I enjoyed my time in high school because we were all individuals and had our quirks which made us unique.
>>
>>25212481
I don't really have any ideas for society as a whole; the fact that the majority of people are pieces of shit makes it rather difficult to design a system that allows the most possible freedom, while simultaneously keeping the assholes in their place. But I do have a life plan for myself that allows me to get away from all this human bullshit.

I wageslaved and saved up the majority of my money without wasting it on stupid shit like everyone around me. So I was able to buy a used truck and a piece of land for straight cash. Once the Spring comes and the snow clears out, I'm going to build a small cabin to live in. I eventually want to grow the vast majority of my own food, but for now I'm okay with canned vegetables/fruits/fish and bulk bags of beans/rice/oats/seeds/nuts. I don't know if I'm going to live like that forever, but at least I'll always have it as a fallback option if I end up coming back to society and remember how much I hate it.
>>
>>25205964
Same reason some people go to /r9k/: validation.
Normal people do normal society things like fitting in. Others support and validate their life.
It's not much different here.
Robots are the same, we post our miserable opinions and/or read others' to feel empathy. To feel that we're not actually alone.
That's probably not the direct reason but it's more subconscious since we're social animals.

So here's a kicker OP, how about why people conform with opinions on an anonymous imageboard full of weeaboo shitposters?
Probably because it's enjoyable, but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>25206026
>thinly veiled wagecuck thread.
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.