[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Theres no cave with a magical sword at the end, no grand quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Desert.jpg (97 KB, 691x960) Image search: [Google]
Desert.jpg
97 KB, 691x960
Theres no cave with a magical sword at the end, no grand quest to take on, no far away lands to adventure to, you cant just wake up one day and decide to go on an adventure while tackling challenges with lifelong friends you made along the way. We were born a hundred years or so too early to go adventuring in space, is there nothing but despair left in this world for us?
>>
>>25203482

>you cant just wake up one day and decide to go on an adventure while tackling challenges with lifelong friends you made along the way

You could, but it won't be an adventure in the way you are probably imagining. There won't be any dragon slaying, wizards and magical devices.

My cousin left home at 17 one day with a couple hundred bucks in his pocket and never came back, last I heard he was in Europe somewhere living with a few people he met while on a safari in South Africa. He has been traveling for almost 30 years.
>>
>>25203841
What does traveling entail? What do they do that makes it worth it?
>>
>>25203991
If you have to ask this then you are not ready.
>>
There's literally a group of warriors and adventurers fighting against the big bad guys of the world in the face of incredible odds and are accepting all the help they can get.

If you want to find them all you have to do is go to Syria.
>>
>>25203991

You see new places, encounter new cultures, meet all kinds of people. He seems to enjoy it despite all the hardships. He's been robbed multiple times, stabbed, stranded in foreign countries illegally because he border hops fairly often, arrested and imprisoned in third world jails, I mean it sounds like adventure to me.
>>
>>25203841
I agree with this - there's definitely adventure out there, it's just that it's much easier for people to just go with the flow and dick around instead, so that's what they do. Basic survival has been virtually guaranteed by society, so life's pretty cushy.

And, there's an old quote, I forget who said it, but it goes something like: "Adventure is just someone else having a terrible time in a land far away".
>>
>>25204022
I dont really wanna 'travel' in the way people currently travel, if theres no dragon slaying, caves that need exploring, or any challenges that need overcoming then im not really interested. I just dont see the allure of doing random activities with random people, i just want to understand is all
>>
>>25204073
>big bad guys
>out on the battlefield
>not behind a desk somewhere in california or dubai or whatever
sure m8
>>
there are enemies to fight but they are not goblins and fire elementals, they are the normies

there is a reward, but it is not a chest of gold, it is a qt gf

the solution is not as simple as training with your sword against lvl 1 blobs, but you can see the process of finding a solution like grinding, you keep searching for answers and learning until you find a solution, progress a little and face new challenges and so on

>>25204073
they would take one look at you and force you to become a suicide bomber
>>
>>25204093

>I just don't see the allure of doing random activities with random people

Isn't that what an adventure is? In the traditional sense, LOTR style?
>>
My ex-girlfriend spent most of her 20s hitchhiking. She crossed Canada several times, went up and down both coasts of the USA, and all over Mexico and Central America. She lived for a while in El Salvadore. She went treeplanting in northern Ontario. She'd get odd jobs and babysit to make money. She'd work at hostels. She panhandled.

She's cool as fuck, and though she is pretty happy in her now-much-more-stable life, she had some pretty damn adventurous times. She got teargassed by the police in Canada once. She almost got arrested in Mexico. She escaped an attempted sexual assault from a truck driver by jumping out of his semi and running into the woods in the dead of night. She slept in forests and parks and vans.

She was sort of like a girl Chris McCandles except without the starving to death part.

I am also in the early stages of working toward being a touring musician, and I have friends who have toured extensively, and that has a lot of the aspects of what you seem to want.
>>
File: 1449961124504.gif (2 MB, 280x189) Image search: [Google]
1449961124504.gif
2 MB, 280x189
>>25204399
>odd jobs
Anon your girlfriend was a cock abused slut looking for "lolz adventure" while getting some of the local cock at every place she stopped
Also get the fuck off my board normie fuck
God damned empty headed fucks
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 618x564) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 618x564
>>25204399
>ex-girlfriend
>friends

What are you doing here?
>>
I want an adventure from the safety of my room. Basically:
>VR when?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.