[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Runescape nostalgia thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: thingummywut.gif (218 KB, 789x532) Image search: [Google]
thingummywut.gif
218 KB, 789x532
Runescape nostalgia thread
>>
>>25202305
f-fug
>>
>Sophomore year
>Winterbreak
>Spent locked inside room, wrapped up in blankets playing 2009 Christmas event
If I had the chance I'd do it all again. Comfiest time of my life. Logged in recently, don't have my swank ass ghost of christmas future robes anymore.
>>
Fuck the haters, Old Runescape is one of the best games.
>>
>getting membership for the first time
Christ, it was gamechanging once you got through those gates bordering Varrock. All those new skills to try out like hunting which got you solid money and agility, lands to discover through aimlessly walking, I remember stumbling across the gnome stronghold just walking around and it felt like a major finding. The problem was it was addicting, once you went back to non-membership, the world and the thing you could do was boxed in again..
>>
>charging hills with your friends not knowing how many people will be there to fight back
>making level 10 f2p magers and pking at varrock fence all day

genuinely the best times of my life
>>
>>25202671
so good man i used to wear gold trimmed on my pure so much
>>
>>25202599
Membership opened up a whole new expansive world. It felt like something you'd have to explore to get the complete feel of the game compare to nonmembers and the straightforward land.
>>
File: 1450804192854.jpg (204 KB, 1046x507) Image search: [Google]
1450804192854.jpg
204 KB, 1046x507
It was so slow paced and comfy for a game with the non-combat skills and even to grind in combat, you could just chat and let your guy do the work, until you got into an important fight, then you had to really buckle down and focus on everything.
>>
>>25202599
Falador, not Varrock.
>>
>tfw i am banned from runescape
>>
>>25203359
Nah, I mean on the outskirts of Varrock which led you to Morytania? That was the first way I went when I got membership because I was in Varry at the time, learning the harsh lands out there.
>>
>>25203478
Ah, gotcha. I've played off and on since August of 2001 and I think I've been to that area one time. Fuck that shithole. Not as bad as the al Kharid desert, though.
>>
File: tutorial-island.png (203 KB, 562x270) Image search: [Google]
tutorial-island.png
203 KB, 562x270
th-th-th-thats all folks!

;_;
>>
File: 1450886155154.png (116 KB, 589x493) Image search: [Google]
1450886155154.png
116 KB, 589x493
>trying to do some woodcutting
>tree spirit or ent appears
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.