[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to job interview >everything going well >suddenly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1431923837921.jpg (83 KB, 600x540) Image search: [Google]
1431923837921.jpg
83 KB, 600x540
>go to job interview
>everything going well
>suddenly he asks "why do you want this job?"
>panic internally and start sweating bullets
>just decide to be honest and say "I just want some money man."
>he gives me "are you serious?" looks and says he thinks we're done
>i say "o-okay" and do my walk of shame out
>sad i fucked up this spectacularly
>get phone call later saying i got the job

Y-Yay?
>>
>>25202096
what job was it?
>>
maybe he appreciated your honesty

or maybe everyone else was just fucking incompetent
>>
>>25202096
what anime is this? I keep seeing pictured of it posted on here.
>>
I fucking hate job intervies.
>just be honest
>don't be a kiss ass.
Why the fuck else would I "want this job"? I need a damn job and you're the only fucks who bothered even emailing back.
>>
File: 1443582144450.jpg (89 KB, 386x661) Image search: [Google]
1443582144450.jpg
89 KB, 386x661
have fun being a wagecuck
>>
What other answer are they expecting? Do they want you to lie to them?
>>
probably surprised you were the first person to actually give a real answer.
>>
>>25202137
Software developer.
>>
>>25202222
Hibike Euphonium

It's a sports anime about high school band class and lesbians
>>
>>25202300
That question is literally designed to see who can bullshit answers the best.
>>
>>25202096

I wonder if a good answer would be something along the lines of you want to make money doing something you're skilled at and like the work.

Either way, well done having the skillset to be a software developer, I imagine they will pay you decently.

Amazing how shitty retail jobs would probably discard you because of your answer, they love their petty mind games.
>>
>>25202096
What's the pay? I recently interviewed at some place and they are offering less than my current employer but they have more enterprise experience. However it is in the city and I hate driving down there because of the cramp streets and the bad surroundings.
>>
>not selling drugs

Anon please. The Neet life style is for me.
The FBI wont even take my post seriously because they dont believe anything they read on the internet.
>>
>>25202388
what language?
original comment
>>
>>25202096

I mostly respond "because I'm not working currently and it seems like you're doing some interesting stuff" and it generally works for me.
>>
>tfw got so nervous at an interview the man started laughing at me and made fun of me the whole time
>>
>>25202755
story kek
>>
>>25202388
>software developer
That's why. Devs don't have to be social, so they normally put more weight on the technical questions.
>>
>>25202852
>tfw rejected from a dev job because they were worried about my communication skills.
>>
>>25202852

lmao only at the very top few companies

I've got a lot of offers from a lot of web dev interviews by being charmingly shy and playing at being modest.
>>
>>25202881

go back to reddit you fucking piece of shit
>>
>>25202845
Will probably be underwhelming in greentext but
>be me, NEET at the time
>forced to look for job with the threat of being kicked out
>apply for low-level office jobs, looks kinda comfy desu
>offered an interview with a logistics company
>arrive nervous as fuck and dripping wet because rain
>kept waiting for like half an hour for no apparent reason
>this middle-aged stopgap manager guy eventually sloths towards me
>shake his hand, end up giving the most feeble and floppy handshake of my life
>shows me to his office
>couple of other depressed wagecucks at their desks, try to say hello but they don't acknowledge me since they're all so close to death
>interview commences
>not even a minute in he says "anon, you look very nervous"
>"h-haha yeah I am a bit..."
>sweating profusely
>every minute or so just keeps smugly laughing to himself for no reason
>physically shaking, dropped my notes a couple of times
>the occasional "why are you so nervous?"
>he reads me like a fucking book
>shows me some accounting software asking if I can use it
>"n-no but my mum's an accountant and I've seen her work sometimes.."
>he's borderline keking at me at this point
>would actually feel less embarassed if he just straight up laughed at me
>just keeps giving me this shit fucking smug grin instead, basically telling me through body language "you're not getting this fucking job"
>all of the spaghetti just spilling everywhere, his desk is coated in ravioli and fazool
>about to crack, go to tell him that I don't think I'm right for the job and I should leave
>reads my mind once more, tells me it's over
>pretty sure I heard them all laughing when I walked out
Thank God I have a job right now and don't have to go through the traumatic experience of job hunting and interviews for a good while. Next time I'm a NEET I'm just gonna stay a NEET then an hero. Much easier.
>>
>>25203580
You probably shouldn't work there if they do not have proper interviewing etiquette. It should be custom that the interviewer should at least ease the interviewee's distress. I know that they might not hire you because of your communication and confidence but you still had the courage to try. At least make it feel like a causal conversation
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.