[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /spiritual/ here? What age did you convert? What are your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
who /spiritual/ here?

What age did you convert?
What are your main beliefs?
How was it changed you as a person?
What do you think the meaning of life is?

>tfw spiritual people are the most intelligent people on earth
>>
>>25199486
>What age did you convert?
I started believing when I was 14, I think
>What are your main beliefs?
I'm a protestant with anglican tendency, which sucks because there are no anglican churches here
>How was it changed you as a person?
I don't think it has that much really. I huess I do not need people's validation anymore
>What do you think the meaning of life is?
Crafting art that you enjoy yourself and sharing it with others. And also fighting fedoraism on the internet.
>>
>Tfw spiritual people are some of the stupidest people I've ever met.
>Tfw they are all a bunch of wannabe hippies who think they are intellectuals
>Tfw they try to apply science they don't understand to their weird gay spirituality
>>
>>25199486
>tfw use to be religious as a teenager
>tfw never even considered fucking PTP since it would be out of wedlock
fuck religion
>>
Y'all will call me a weeb for this, but...

>Be broke minimum wageslave who slept with a slut once in college but never had a relationship or a real kiss
>Be weeaboo
>Convince parents to let me use frequent flyer miles to go to Japan, save up enough money to pay for hotel/food/anime shit/etc
>Visit famous temple to Kannon
>Do the whole donation and ritual thing more out of respect than anything
>A few days later, riding subway, meet 8/10 QT Korean girl who's also on vacation there
>Turns out her hostel is right by mine
>Start going out with her every day
>Turns into a total fling, have first makeout with her
>Almost boned her but neither of our hotels would let guests in, and we were about to get a love hotel room when she admitted it would be her first time, and I felt fucked up about taking her V-card. (I wish I'd done it now desu.)
>Go home
>Suddenly inherit a bunch of money from a relative I barely knew
>Meet 9/10 QT cosplayer at an out of town con, start talking online a lot
>Go to another con, on the last day friends go to a party an hour away with the car and get drunk
>She offers to let me stay at her place until I can fly home the next morning
>Of course we end up hooking up
>I end up moving in with her a few months later

So we go to Japan a year later, and donate at that same shrine again.
>While in Kyoto, random old guy invites us to bar, which turns out to be a super exclusive place with real Geisha, almost unheard of for foreigners to get in, old guy pays for the whole thing (from what I've read, it probably cost at least $1000 for drinks for the 3 of us there) and even our cab ride back to the hotel.
>I'm a struggling photojournalist, suddenly land a staff position at a publication
>Meanwhile, take pics of my GF, they go viral and suddenly she's on the cover of a book and in Japanese magazines
>She gets a huge fanbase, starts making more off of selling prints etc than her real job, we get flown all over the country as convention guests of honor, etc.
>>
>>25200153
Sadly, it's not a happily ever after, or I wouldn't be here on /r9k/ Things went from talking about marriage to total hell a couple years later, the constant attention and fame turned her into a neurotic recluse and an alcoholic, I had to take care of everything constantly, and when the stress finally got to me and made me so sick I couldn't take care of her anymore, she found another guy who could, and left it to me to dump her when I found out so that she could make me look like the bad guy to everybody. (To our mutual friends' credit, though, none of them believed her shit for long, and they're still my friends and not hers.)

So yeah, seems like donating to Kannon works, at least for a few years at a time.

I think it's about time for me to go back and do it again.
>>
>not realizing the only thing spiritual is the spooks in your head
>>
>>25199853
>Generalising: The Post

You get stupid fagits everywhere in every kind of religion or "non-religion". Spiritual people generally are the most caring and intelligent people on earth. To be spiritual is to be open-minded. To be open-minded is to open yourself to great possibilities. To be open to such possibilities is to be highly intelligent.
>>
>>25199486
>What age did you convert?
When I was 7, I picked up a Bible and read the Book of Revelations. It kick-started my study of the esoteric.

>What are your main beliefs?
I believe in a benevolent teleological force, synonymous with Reason (from Roman Stoicism) and the Will of God (as in the Judeo-Christian God) that guides and shapes reality. Humans can learn to feel the presence of this force, and walk in accordance with its Will. This isn't like God telling you what you should do or not. God has paved a road for humans - you can either follow the road, or you can off-road and probably get yourself lost, or at least lose a lot of time and gain a lot of hardship.

I believe that "evil" is merely a lack of Good, where Good is an ephemeral and transcendent quality that comes from God. Good can best be achieved by following the Will, using Reason and helping others when you can. Good is inherently free, while being evil makes one a slave.

There will be a final battle between those who have chosen Good, and those who did not. This final battle is being constantly fought through human history, and every action a person takes is a blow in one direction or another. There's crescendos, though.

>How was it changed you as a person?
I'm a lot more mystical, and little things don't bother me any more. My life has become dramatically more adventurous and exciting as well.

>What do you think the meaning of life is?
Stay on the Road, and help when you can.
>>
>>25200203
>>25200153
brb, flying to Japan
>>
>>25200362
OP here. I completely agree with this post.

Anyone read Ra: The Law of One?
>>
>>25199486
Nice fedora, boy
>>
chillllllllllllllll
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.