[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What manga does r9k like / recommend? I watch a lot of anime,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12
File: Screenshot_2015-12-23-13-18-07.png (85 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-23-13-18-07.png
85 KB, 450x300
What manga does r9k like / recommend? I watch a lot of anime, but never read any manga. I just got a pretty nice reader on my android and read all of NHK. I just downloaded K-On and need some more to pass the time. What manga do you guys recommend?
>>
>>25199162
Bump, need something to fill the void.
>>
It might be too late...

Judge-
A group of people wake up in a church. They've all done something really wrong (murder, rape, theft etc) and they are all wearing animal masks. If they take the masks off they die. A toy rabbit greets them and explains the rules.

1: You can not leave
2: Every (forgot how many) hours, you will judge the person with the worst sins
3: That person shall die
>>
What reader do you have that you can read manga on? I tried on mind but the formatting is shit desu, only light novels work for me
>>
>>25199665
Yes I need to know as well
>>
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
>>
The K-ON! manga is pretty weak desu, KyoAni really worked magic on the anime, not saying the manga isn't worth reading but just manage your expectations

Right now I'm enjoying New Game! and Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! but I'm a moefaggot

>>25199665
>>25199679
I use a Kindle Voyage and use Kindle Comic Converter to format/convert my manga to .mobi. The screen is about the size of a manga page so it works pretty nicely. It's not a perfect solution, and poorly scanlated things with small fonts can be a pain in the ass, but with good sources the e-ink makes manga look great
>>
1.Vinland Saga; Read this first. Faggot
2.Berserk; God tier, read it after vinland saga

3.One punch man; fanbase became cancer after the anime came out, but still worth reading in my opinion

You have enough to read for months
>>
>Shingeki no kyojin
It's Shonen bullshit but fairly intriguing

>Aku No Hana
Personal favorite. When I read this it destroyed me. I cried and became depressed for 2 months. I don't want to read the premise because you'll instantly not want to try it, but this shit is immensely dark.

>Oyasumi Punpun
Didn't really strike me much, but it's a good story about a little bird guy with a mad case of existentialism and girl problems. It has a great art style, some good jokes, and meaningful dialog

>Uzumaki
Spirals invade everything. Classic Ito horror. It's creepy and you won't be satisfied, but you'll be spooked by the end of it
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-23-15-11-28.png (963 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-23-15-11-28.png
963 KB, 1080x1920
>>25199639
sounds cool

>>25199665
>>25199679
I'm using Material Comic Viewer Free. It's very simple and has a manga feature to read in the correct way.

>>25199723
Will check out Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!

>>25199760
Yeah I had Berserk on my mind because I heard it was crazy good.
>>
7 Seeds, MC is a girl who wakes up in a post apocalyptic world with two men and another woman beside her.
>>
>>25199665
Also if you're looking for light novels, I liked gekkou and utsuro no hako to zero no maria

Oregairu and nhk are both pretty robotic but the translation for oregairu can make parts kind of weird to understand in english
>>
Mushishi
Natsume Yuujinchou
AQUA and ARIA
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Akatsuki no Yona
Planetes
Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei
Otoyomegatari
Gakuen Babysitters

I could also recommend a boatload of BL, but I don't think OP would be interested in it.
>>
could someone please tell me the name of the one where the boy gets so sad he turns into a triangle?
>>
>>25199820
Berserk is really fucking good, it's the perfect manga for us robots. Same for vinland saga, that's why l recommend you start with vinland saga
>young viking loses dad to mercenary
>works for said mercenary for a chance to kill him in a 1 on 1 fight
>shut happens
>>
>>25199951
Oyasumi Punpun, and he's not just sad, the characters are very well fleshed out.
>>
Read I Am A Hero or Jojo familia
>>
Jin, Monster, One Punch Man, Hinamatsuri, Berserk, Watamote, Mushishi, Kokou no Hito is amazing and might inspire some robots, I am a Hero is a robot (R9K) themed zombie apocalypse. Dorohedoro, Blame!.
>>
>>25199991
thank you. i will try to read that one
>>
>>25199996
Forgot to mention Planetes and Eden: It's an Endless World
>>
Read Kodomo no Jikan is you want to feel like a pedophile
>>
>>25199996
also add Sayonara zetsubo sensei on to this list
>>
File: yo.jpg (83 KB, 438x580) Image search: [Google]
yo.jpg
83 KB, 438x580
Join me on a Tokyo Ghoul read, it's such a ride.
>>
>>25200089
Is it any better than the Anime? I fucking hated that show. Cringy and didn't like the characters and their motives at all in season 2.
>>
The only four mangas I read that I found worthwhile :
1) Zipang (A modern Japanese ship accidentally goes back to WW2 just before Battle of Midway. A plot developped where the crew wonders if they should change history and help Japan, or just strive to stay out of this, all while trying to go back to present day. Style is amazing and the story is very good, but I don't know if it's been entirely scanlated)
2) Yotsubato
3) Love Hina (yes it's good but it's harem, but good stuff and surprisingly well-drawn)
4) Death Note
>>
>>25200115
It's better than the anime but still edgy garbage
>>
>Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
The story of a woman who has to deal with a man sentenced to death rather than going to a psychiatric center
>Once Again
literally wagecuks-the manga. Heart-wrenching
>My Girl
A lone man has to take care of her daughter after the death of the mother. Really soft and emotional.
>Shiki no Zenjitsu
A oneshot. Heavy feels.
>Aku no Hana
The wicked story of a poser and how he's forced to deal with things. At first is pretty sloppy, but then it becomes absolutely fantastic.
>Voynich Hotel
A lone man runs away from the yakuza in a little and really strange island, where there's only one Hotel. Absolutely fantastic, I highly recommend it.
>>
>>25199162
Read Onani Master Kurosawa, it'll fill the void NHK has left in you until you're done. After that you'll be left behind with an ever bigger hole.
>>
File: keke.jpg (69 KB, 387x379) Image search: [Google]
keke.jpg
69 KB, 387x379
>>25200115
Yeah, way, way better. The first season omitted like 40% of the stuff while changing the order of various arcs, making it a unnecesary mess. The second season has literally next to nothing to do with the manga, since it deviates into a what-if kind of scenario and is also sloppy as hell, both animation and plot wise. Pierrot is Satan turned into a chinese cartoon animation studio. There's still some redeemable stuff from the show like the first opening and certain voice acting, but you get the drift.

The manga has great art (it progresses for the better through the chapters), much more flexed out characters and moments and is more spectacular overall.

>>25200151 Like this anon says, it's still edgy. A lot. But that's part of this charm, the over-the-top edgeness really grows on you taking into account the way the story develops to get to those Coldsteel points. But no, it's not garbage.

I'm currently up to chapter 105 and enjoying it a lot.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (3 KB, 85x85) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
3 KB, 85x85
I'm considering buying a kindle fire after xmas.
(Cheap, reputable brand e.t.c)
Gon' use it for anime and manga and 4chan etc.
Where would one go about downloading manga for use with material comic viewer?
Legal or not.
>>
Bump
fuck you this is an original comment
>>
Bump23476
>>
Blumpkinbump
>>
Bump I love reading manga on a tablet gets real cozy especially at night.
>>
>>25201278
Bump I love reading manga.
Period.
>>
Porky pig bumb
>>
Look it's nice to know you're all bumping but I really need some help on the kindle fire thing
>>
Sora no Shita Yane no Naka
>>
File: gantz-1554681.jpg (208 KB, 1200x861) Image search: [Google]
gantz-1554681.jpg
208 KB, 1200x861
GANTZ
A
N
T
Z
>>
>>25201502
Well for me, I just google the manga name + torrent, download, or zip and I can find them fairly easily.
>>
>>25201530
Gantz sucks.
>>
>>25201535
Then just stick that on a microsd card and it will just open up in whatever reader I choose?
Thanks!
>>
>>25201555
I take it you've only watched the anime?
>>
>>25201579
Yeah, I just put it in a folder called "Books". Then go to Material Comic Viewer and click the add folder button and choose the "Books" folder and it loads all of it.
>>
File: 1439154776127.png (795 KB, 1023x754) Image search: [Google]
1439154776127.png
795 KB, 1023x754
KOKOU NO HITO

one of the things I've seen in my entire life
>>
>>25201608

Not the anon you're responding to but I've never watched the anime and gantz sucks.
>>
>>25201608
No I never watched it. I read the whole thing and it sucks.

>>25201666
This is a patrician manga. Perfect for r9k.
>>
File: ba001.jpg (85 KB, 768x964) Image search: [Google]
ba001.jpg
85 KB, 768x964
>>4022346
tsumi no batsu desu
>>
>>25201608
Every single character is an asshole. Also too much fanservice.
>>
File: 12315454844.jpg (114 KB, 730x520) Image search: [Google]
12315454844.jpg
114 KB, 730x520
>>25201699

not only is the drawing style increndible,
the story is overwhelming as well
>>
>>25201707
UNDERRATED! HOW CAN NO ONE TALK OR KNOW ABOUT THIS?
>>
>>25201729
The largest flaw of it is the beginning is very slow. I feel like all the the high school scenes were like a prequel to the real manga. That last third though, what a powerful ride.
>>
>>25199794
>Aku No Hana
Just started reading it and man it seems promising, good rec.
>>
>>25201735
I love when he comes close and then kills her
can tell he is lost
>>
Bit off topic, but does anyone listen to music while they read? I really like listening to instrumentals while I read, but I've been told it can make reading a manga less enjoyable.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyxEU8khtrE
This is one of my fav "reading" albums. I always make sure though that they have no lyrics to avoid distractions, Thoughts?
>>
>>25199760
Why Vinland prior to, Anon?
>>
>>25201948
I've been doing it recently and yeah, I enjoy it too.
>>
File: For_what_purpose.jpg (25 KB, 323x454) Image search: [Google]
For_what_purpose.jpg
25 KB, 323x454
>>25199760
>ordering vinland & berserk
>>
>>25199162
My recommendations may be overly historical, but here's what I always say to people:
>Vagabond
Retelling of the life of Musashi, Takehiko Inoue has some of the best art around.
>Golgo 13
International assassin that runs around, killing and pulling off the impossible, it's been around for forever, and it's easily one of my favorite manga.
>xxxHolic
It's great for some parts, mediocre in others, but somehow the artwork can never solidify on anything other than 'inconsistent'. It's got a good set of stories to it, and I found the volume featuring the Monkey's Paw (6?) to be my favorite.

My other recommendations would be Historie, Ad Astra: Scipio and Hannibal, Cromartie High, and Fighting Spirit Ippo.
>>
>>25200299
Aw yeah man I was gonna say that. It was a great read. I found it after aku no hana and it was great since both mangas handled their issues so differently.

The light novel of nhk is pretty good. I dont know if it is still available online
>>
Any of you guys know a manga with handicapped (mentally/physically)girls? Like Koe no Katachi. No shojou pls.
>>
>>25201948
I'd recommend some of Brand New's stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4o4JPdAXVE
Or just search Indie Music.
I listen to video game ost's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeE0bohMWMo
I have a KHinsider music membership so I can download full albums.

Finally. The main one. I almost always listen to this. It's so uplifting and sometimes heartwrenching. The game it's from is one of my favourites as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cGzJ_L_aK0

I think it's the most akin to the song you posted.
>>
File: 1437425834291.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1437425834291.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
>>25200740
>spoon feeding
lol
>>
>>25202386
>Video Game OST's
I should get into some of those though I find it kinda hard since I don't play any games. A lot of them I hear are great and are on pair with most of the Movie OST's I watch. Any essentials I should listen to?
>>
>>25202538
as I said.

Life is strange soundtrack is great for background relaxing music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cGzJ_L_aK0

If you want to do some research, this is the website I use:

http://downloads.khinsider.com/

You can look at popular series or just search ones you want. It's $10 for a premium membership that lets you bulk download instead of 1 song at a time.

The animal crossing soundtracks are really good, and for me are really nostalgic.

The kingdom hearts ost's are good as well.

I also listen to anime ost's.
Right now I'm listening to the Death Parade ost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hgpv5X84W0

~Not sponsored or endorsed by KHInsider
>>
>>25201707
Dostoevsky is my favorite writer. The reviews tell me this is basically Crime and punishment. If I already read the novel is it worth reading this manga?
>>
>>25203571
I'd say it's worth it.
>>
>>25199162
Sweet guy.
>>
>>25203571
It's a reinterpretation. Though the core themes are the same, the manga is WAY different. As a literature fag I can recommend the read, it's so fucking good.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.