[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i want to start working out at a gym but i'm so grotesque
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: tfwnogf-5089.jpg (68 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tfwnogf-5089.jpg
68 KB, 640x640
i want to start working out at a gym but i'm so grotesque and i dont want to be seen in there only lifting like 45lbs
>>
no one cares what other people in the gym are doing.
>>
>>25198323
they might care, but their thoughts and feelings don't matter for the most part.
>>
File: 1420842872593.jpg (45 KB, 715x1000) Image search: [Google]
1420842872593.jpg
45 KB, 715x1000
>>25198299
As someone who is /fit/ and has been training seriously for years let me tell you about what people think.

If they see a really skinny guy, their first thoughts usually are "Oh, I guess we have another newbie, I hope he's not a colossal faggot and understands gym etiquette."

If they see a really fat guy, its usually the same but with a bit more doubt about their dedication to training.

Nobody really gives much of a fuck about others unless they're doing something retarded or annoying. Retarded things are excused when youre a newbie anyways, annoying things too.
When you look like you've been lifting for a while and still do autismal shit you'll get judged.

Good luck anon, and remember to read up about training before starting, I suggest starting with the sticky.
>>
Don't be put off bro. I was worried about the same thing because when I started lifting I could only bench 30lb (no, seriously). I ended up getting the opposite, people were helpful, great advice, a lot of support. I think people are more receptive if they can see you trying to make a change, and whether you lift 45lb or 200lb+ you'll have the same silent encouragement.

For the most part, gyms aren't a social club, and most people just quietly stick to their own shit with the occasional "you can do it bro" silent nod to each other.

Been going for a few months and I can bench 120lb now, which again is fuck all compared to some people there but I'm getting better one day at a time.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.