[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>drink everyday for over a year >out of no where just don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1445551433822.png (471 KB, 576x497) Image search: [Google]
1445551433822.png
471 KB, 576x497
>drink everyday for over a year
>out of no where just don't feel like it anymore and if I do drink I just feel sluggish/shitty rather than uplifted
>still have to continue to drink a little because of withdrawals

What is this? does anyone know this feel?
>>
>>25197849
Chemical dependence is a very robot feel, anon.
>>
>>25197849
you just gotta limit yourself , ween yourself off of it
>>
I felt something similar OP, I quit drinking heavily every day in November 2014 and Ive been pretty much alcohol free since.

My life has improved immensely since I quit too.
>>
>>25197849

Same fucking shit. I don't even enjoy drinking anymore, I just do it out of habit.

I've cut down from the hard liquor to the occasional beer, that seemed to help a lot.
>>
>>25197901
Did you just cut it out? I mean fuck it's just such a strange feeling not to want to drink anymore when I was dying for one constantly, I literally just have a nipper at night to get me to sleep otherwise I can't sleep/get anxious/agitated but I honestly feel I could push through that if I had to.

I noticed up to this point as well that the drinking just made me have thought loops about cringy shit, I felt angry but also anxious at the same time, when originally it calmed me down, then out of no where I just didn't crave it or want it.
>>
Gentlemen, I love tits.
>>
>>25197976
Yeah that's how it started making me feel m8 and the few times I drank after I quit every day drinking just made me feel negative too.

When I quit I cut down to 8 units of alcohol a day then quit, I was fucking miserable for a few weeks but I got through it.

You could probably quit tonight if you wanted to m8, if you don't get the shakes you're golden and all you gotta do is fight the shitty anxiety until your system cleans itself.
>>
>>25198094
I know it's only 8 units, but is that still safe to just come off of like that? because that is honestly just around about all I can manage right now. Cuz I'd rather just cut it out like you did at this point and feel shitty for a while.

It's good to know that you feel much better though. I just want to go back to that too, I want to start working out again, and you just can't do that shit if you're drinking, it's pointless.

I also feel like my test levels have dropped dramatically, like I can barely get horny anymore, and if I do get it up I'm not as hard as I was before hand.
>>
>>25197849
Not quite the same but I smoked weed for five years everyday, when I had none I would go berserk. Out of the blue I stopped smoking and that was it. I buy some now and then but I prefer being not stoned.
>>
>What is this?
Alcohol withdrawal, sign of physical dependence.

You've probably heard that alcohol is a 'depressant', that's because it triggers an influx of GABA, which is an inhibitory neurotransmitter (which is why your hand-eye coordination, speech and all that go to shit when you drink). If you drink a lot your brain down-regulates these GABA receptors to counter the affects of alcohol.

When you stop drinking after long exposure you're essentially prone to excitotoxicity due to the lack of normal GABA receptors. Its this excitotoxicity that gives you the shakes, nausea, potential seizures, headaches, etc.

Valium (or any benzo) can help for the first few days, naltrexone and acamprosate for more long term regulation of NMDA/GABA receptors to remove the affects. See a doctor.

P.S any more of those tits?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.