[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long living alone as a hermit/NEET does it take before you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
How long living alone as a hermit/NEET does it take before you go insane? So far its been 4 months and I already feel like I'm losing it. It is scary to think of 4-5 years of this.
>>
>>25195624
I've never known anything different so it likely does not affect me.
>>
>>25195624
I've been living practically alone for 2/3 of my life and actually living alone for the last 1/3

I'm still legally sane
>>
For me I don't realize how bad it is until I got outside. I recently did that last month after a year of being NEET and I just felt... I dunno what I felt. Clarity? Not just a need to make a change, but I just instantly started adding changes.
>>
On the contrary, really. I found I've just become apathetic to everything.
>>
>>25195723
To add, over four years now
>>
>>25195624
starts getting rough after 5 years.

i am into my 7th year i believe since not going to school or doing anything besides laying in bed shit posting and vidya. friends long since left me in the dirt. i have had a few shit jobs here and there. none lasting longer than a few months. i don't know much more i can take, but the thought of functioning in society is equally terrifying. help me.
>>
I'm already insane and am a NEET since 2012. I wish I could become a hermit.
>>
>>25195624
I would pick the living alone stuff over anything else. I got so much time to do Things, that i dont know what to pick first!
>>
I've been a neet for 7 years, being outside feels weird now. I hate the feeling of the sun burning my skin, and my feet and back hurt just from walking a few hundred meters.

When I go out I look at the world like someone who just got out of prison, trying to look like I belong. People are wearing weird clothing and there are store brands I don't recognize. Everyone is using an iPhone nowadays, when I went to uni people were still using flip phones.
>>
So I'm guessing you are staying inside, watching anime, playing vidya and posting on 4chan?

I'll say it again: the secret to being a happy NEET is actually doing normal things. Go outside for walks, start working out at the gym. Go to community events. JUST GET OUT AND SOCIALIZE. Sure, play vidya and watch anime. Don't do it for more than one hour a day.
>>
>>25195864
Everyone is on the phone now these days. People dont talk face to face anymore. There is no random chatting or anything.
>>
>>25195752
Bite into that shit sandwich called harsh reality and eat it. We all have to eat our own.
>>
What counts as hermitude? I've been neet for two years, but I still interact with my family and the internet (not friends on the internet mind you, pretty much just 4chan in terms of posting myself).

I don't think I'm going crazy.
>>
2 years. Living with parents / having friends are each 5x multipliers
>>
>>25195864
How long were you trapped in that board game
>>
>>25195624
it depends on the person, there are people who could live a lifetime alone, and then there are people who lose their cool if they're alone for a week.
>>
hey do girls like beards?
>>
>>25196029
girls like chads.

beards. glasses. long hair. short hair. tattoos.

doesn't matter if you possess these or not as long as you're genetically blessed.
>>
>>25196029
some do, some don't.
But they're currently fashionable so that helps.
>>
>>25196029
Girls like whatever society dictates is in. Beards used to be a big no-no a few years ago, now that every chad has one beards are hot.
>>
>>25195624
For me agoraphobia sets in at around the eight month mark with no physical social interaction.

My depression often makes me delusional in ways that I would never realize while in the middle of the worst of it. To me it seems like I'm thinking purely rationally and clearly, but in reality I'm delusional. That also sets in after months of isolation and makes it harder to escape.
>>
>>25196120
actually beards are a big beta nu male trait, only weird feminist types like them
>>
>>25196029
No. They love stubble though.
>>
>>25195916
Know what I'm watching tonight now, thanks buddy

OP it depends on the person. For me personally though, I lost my mind way faster as a wage slave hermit, maybe took 8 months. My "job" had no human interaction and was done entirely from my flat online, just working on software day in day out. I have a bit of a masochistic tendency to overwork just to see how much I can take, and soon was working 8-10hrs of this everyday. Since I could work whenever I wanted so long as I hit the quota for the end of the month, which I could do within a week it was so low, I stopped thinking about time as much. Would work through the nights, sleep all day. Went almost 3 weeks without seeing the sun, not even needing to open curtains. Weekends were work days too do I lost all sense of time.

Lost my mind pretty fast to be quite frank brother, which makes sense now because losing all sense of time, working all day everyday and no human contact is worse than what most prisons would dish out.

I've since moved home though, been 3 months now and I can feel my old self returning, though I still can't feel my own stress levels unless I time my breathing or catch myself pacing or some other nervous habit. Completely numb to it somehow.
>>
>>25195624
been a neet for almost a year now, it's really comfy desu and is actually protecting my sanity. if i became a wagecuck or went to school or someshit i'd definitely go insane.
>>
>>25195653
This, I've been doing this since I was a child, I don't even do chores, I'm that worthless but desu there ARE better things to be doing. I wish I could just live completely alone, BUT I'M BROKE LOL. I did go crazy a few years ago but it was mostly edgy and self induced. it was a good way to deal with my pain though, letting the edge seep through. My family doesn't even hate me either I think. Also I smoke weed.
>>
>>25195624
I'd say two years but I dont know what you count as insane. I have conversations with myself out loud.
>>
>I dont know what you count as insane

"in a state of mind which prevents normal perception, behaviour, or social interaction"

From Latin meaning not + healthy apparently. 'Arry gateau kindle-kun
>>
>>25196303
Pretty much this tbqh. I've never been happier in my life. My life has been a constant torment from anxiety until I graduated university and stepped into neetdom.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.