[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw listening to death grips for the first time why do pretentious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 1447159005365.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1447159005365.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>mfw listening to death grips for the first time
why do pretentious hipsters on /mu/ pretend to like this garbage?
>>
Because it's not completely mainstream yet.
The important thing is not how much you enjoy the music you listen to, it's how underground you look.
>>
>>25195573

Stop trying so hard.

>>25195544

It's fun. /mu/ doesn't exclusively listen to DG, the point of the board is it will open you up to a huge number of interesting things you may have been unaware of. You could track down the different artists/genres on your own, but /mu/ makes for a much quicker acquisition of new things (as long as you lurk rather than shitpost).

DG is something of an in-house favorite because 4chan and DG had something of a symbiotic relationship early in their career. They're also massively quotable, which makes for good material on an imageboard.

Essentially, "pretentious hipsters" on /mu/ are actually normal people who enjoy listening to huge varieties of new and interesting music.

You, however, have cherrypicked a single one of those bands, called it shit after listening for five minutes, and then made a wild accusation that anyone who likes it is pretentious.

I'm gonna have to go with you being the shitlord here.
>>
File: 1447660001941.gif (996 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1447660001941.gif
996 KB, 400x225
>>25195573
i hate /mu/ so fucking much
>>
>>25195676
>five minutes
i listen to 8 different songs. All pure shit
>>
I actually really like DG and don't go to /mu/ at all.

I just think that their music is interesting and catchy. I realized a few weeks ago that I prefer music that is either: without lyrics, not a linear story type of song (most pop/country/some rap), or a non english song.

It's just boring to me when the song spells everything out about the music for you.
>>
>>25195700

Thank god literally nobody on the planet cares what you think regarding anything.
>>
>>25195700
I thought DG was a joke the first time I heard them.
Now I would murder to see them live.
They grow on you in the weirdest way possible.
>>
File: 1450549090989.gif (1 MB, 484x305) Image search: [Google]
1450549090989.gif
1 MB, 484x305
>>25195716
>calling someone a loser because he doesn't like the same music as you
>while posting on /r9k/
I'm sure there are lots of people who care what YOU think friend.
>>
>>25195716
Than why are you replying to my thread?
>>
death grips is really cool, it's an acquired taste though

i just love how pumped up and raw it is. there's not a lot like it that fuses hip-hop with punk like that. it's really good workout music, it just makes the adrenaline flow. the beats are abrasive and loud, ride goes from plotting and paranoid to screaming at the top of his lungs, it just gets you so fuckin amped.
>>
>>25195732
This is a very good description of death grips

Also notm is best album with NLDW as a 2nd
>>
is /mu/ one of the boards that causes the most butthurt?

half the time I see people talk about it, they're not even insulting it in a playful way, they just seem angry that they're hipsters that insulted their favorite band, or something

why does music make people so mad
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.