[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you bought any Christmas presents? I haven't should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1323815585005.png (78 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
1323815585005.png
78 KB, 241x228
Have you bought any Christmas presents?

I haven't
should I? fuck
>>
Bought all of my family's presents. Still need to get a present for someone, though
>>
>>25195597
what kind of presents do you buy???

I literally don't even know what I would buy if I were to go to town and buy some right now

aaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>25195597
please help us
>>
>>25195645
My mother likes Baileys, so I just took it easy and bought her a bottle and some flowers. My nephews are all into model planes, so I bought each of them one, apart from the oldest who wanted Fallout 4 so I just bought him that and figured it was real easy. I'm even lazier with my sisters though, so I just bought both of them scented candles because they really like candles for whatever reason.
>>
>>25195514
>being rich enough to even start thinking about buying presents
fuck off normies
>>
>>25195804

>My mother likes
>My nephews are all into
>apart from the oldest who wanted
>they really like

I have never been able to tell what people like. I'm not even sure what I like.
>>
>>25195804
I don't want to buy alcohol because that's what I've done when I haven't bought anything otherwise
and stuff like scented candles and shit feels like there's no thought behind it that I might as well not buy anything
it's like yea I went to the first giftshop in town and bought some random shit I found
maybe it's the cynical anticonsumerist in me but I'd rather not have anyone gift me some random stuff that I wont hardly use so I imagine other people feel the same

Christmas is nice with the food, family and alcohol but I've never been into the whole gift giving schtick
then again, it might just be because I've been NEET and never had a lot of expendable money that made me "stingy" (I don't mind sharing food, beer, drugs or whatever with friends when I have)
>>
>>25195931
I genuinely only know by using other people or remembering conversations I have way in advance. I know my nephew wants Fallout 4 because he was talking about being interested in it a month ago or so. My sisters liking candles is something I know because they cannot stop looking in shops for them, and I've known them all of my life so eh. My mother's baileys fondness is just what it is, every year she would always want a bottle of it and my brother and I used to buy a bottle together to give to her.

>>25195942
The thing is, I'm not doing any of it as a placeholder but entirely because it's based off the person. I totally understand, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't be getting candles for someone unless they actually really liked candles. I'd sooner just give people the money in a card than use a placeholder present, though
>>
>>25195514

I'll go out in a bit and buy them.
Thankfully, I don't have any friends or a big family, so I hardly need any.
>>
Bought presents for my brother and my nephews. Nothing for my parents yet. What should I buy? Help!
>>
eeeeae
>>
>>25195645
I bought my dad his favorite food and a picture frame with a picture of us together since I'll be moving soon and we won't get to see each other. For my autist brother who never buys me anything, I got a giant thing of his favorite candy and a book about dogs. I got my best friend an "adult coloring book" because she wanted one and a blanket.

My girlfriend got me a scarf printed with a song she wrote for me which was a really thoughtful idea.
>>
>>25195514
I never buy presents, and my family doesn't either.
>>
>>25197146
heaven

aaeheueeee
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.