[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else think that reddit is actually a cool site in a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10
File: 6689133315_1a02c5294d_b.jpg (453 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
6689133315_1a02c5294d_b.jpg
453 KB, 1024x768
anyone else think that reddit is actually a cool site in a lot of ways? i understand why its community gets so much hate and yet i cant deny theres a good deal of interesting/funny content on it
>>
File: smugwojakfacingotherway.png (28 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojakfacingotherway.png
28 KB, 640x400
>>25193404
>reddit
Nah, they don't even have Smug Wojak.
>>
I actually enjoy the manga subreddit, a lot of helpful people there.
>>
File: 1450071574211.jpg (60 KB, 878x814) Image search: [Google]
1450071574211.jpg
60 KB, 878x814
>theres a good deal of interesting/funny content on it
Can't say I've ever seen any of it.
>>
>>25193404
Comments section should allow image posting and they shouldn't keep track of comment karma
But yeah r/all, it's alright
>>
>>25193404
I find it's nice find discussion on specific topics, but the comments section is always retarded. E.g. someone writes a line from a song, then 30 people try to carry it on for upboats.
>>
>>25193481
Or someone writes a shitty pun then another replies with: "get out XDddDDddDd"
>>
File: 1408631325058.jpg (16 KB, 230x244) Image search: [Google]
1408631325058.jpg
16 KB, 230x244
> reddit is actually a cool site in a lot of ways
>>
>want to talk about opie and anthony on /tv/
>can't have a thread that isn't star wars related without it dying quickly now
>go on the o&a subreddit
>it's shit and everyone tries to make shitty jokes
>>
>>25193756
pretty much this
but the o&a community on reddit is not as awful as all the other subreddits

goddamnit redditors are so nice and fake, it makes me wanna vomit
>>
>>25193404
The community is garbage, but it's a fantastic link aggregator. Any time I have a genuine question about something specific to my local area or is otherwise too specific to easily google for, Reddit usually has a resource on it.

Just stay away from "internet stuff" and any kind of subculture, and it's actually a decent site.
>>
I read the female problems subreddit because I find it hilarious. Nearly every post is about a female who's been fucked over by a Chad.
>I went on a date with this really attractive guy and he was so charming that I slept with him, I usually don't have sex on the first date but I really liked him. Now he won't respond to my texts. I don't understand...
>>
File: 1450818228894.png (35 KB, 361x174) Image search: [Google]
1450818228894.png
35 KB, 361x174
I'm genuinely serious; please go back to reddit. All of you.
It's a cancerous shithole where validation and pandering are the top motivators to post. There is never real discussion, everyone acts like they're smart when they make obvious statements

If you wanna pretend to be really clever, reddit is the perfect place.

So. Fuck. Off.
Only come here when you've given up on society and have stopped complaining about how lonely you are, or how stacy didn't look at you during last weekend's party.
>>
>>25194012
>Only come here when you've given up on society and have stopped complaining about how lonely you are

But complaining about how lonely you are is /r9k/ in a nutshell.
>>
>>25194012
>I have only visited /r/Atheism and /r/SRS!

Seriously, if ever you have a dispute with your landlord or need info on local landmarks, reddit is the place. It's your own fault if you go to a shitty subreddit and have to gouge your eyes out of your head to cleanse yourself of the shitty posting you just witnessed, but if you just use it as intended (i.e. as a link aggregator) it's fine.

>>25194012
>Only come here when you've given up on society and have stopped complaining about how lonely you are, or how stacy didn't look at you during last weekend's party.
this is basically /r9k/ in a nutshell, it sounds like WizardChan is more your speed tbqh lad
>>
File: WiiiiiiiiiiiiYuwiiiii.png (466 KB, 464x464) Image search: [Google]
WiiiiiiiiiiiiYuwiiiii.png
466 KB, 464x464
>>25194037
Facebook 2.0

It wasn't always like this. Only when reddit users started moving here en masse after seeing all the funny maymays on /r/4chan.
And once you're here, you see the "i'm lonely!!! :(" bait or feels thread, and because these are genuine normie reactions you feel like "hey, i belong to this section of the internet that understands these deep feelings of inadequacy i have..."

>>25194052
Niche subreddits still have gross fanbases.
I don't give a shit about local landmarks- that's some of the normiest shit there is. Why are you here?
>>
>>25194092
>that's some of the normiest shit there is.

>you never need to know where a laundromat is or what local places have good prices on shit or whatever

lol lookit dis neet living with mommy getting mad that other people are functional
>>
>>25194092
It's been >tfw no gf since moot brought it back. Reddit only started coming here after the pepe spam in the past year.
>>
It has a use, but the community is over all terrible. Most are people in their late teens or early 20s that are still in college. They have no concept of the real world yet and most are SJW as fuck.

They also moderate heavily. Most of the large subs delete anything contrary to the liberal narrative. There was a post about a gay guy who was terrified of Muslims coming to his country because Muslims don't treat the gays too well. Thread was locked, half the posts deleted. If you want to see a great list of this bullshit, head over to Voat and check out v/meanwhileonreddit

The only redeeming quality Reddit has is a large community which means hobby subs thrive. If you want to learn more about woodworking, gardening, home repair, making dosh online, etc they are amazing. If you want to talk about politics, don't waste your time on Reddit unless you are a fan of tumblr opinions.
>>
Unfilter r/funny and advice animals it slowly becomes decent. In theory its a terrible site, but in practice when you frequent 10k-50k subsribers sub's it becomes a lot better.

In theory 4chan is a brilliant forum that challenges everyone, it's still a fucking cesspool of shit 99% of the time.
>>
File: .....jpg (131 KB, 1512x890) Image search: [Google]
.....jpg
131 KB, 1512x890
It's inherently unoriginal and censored. two things I can't stand. Cynical and creative manchildren are better than parasitical manchildren clones.
>>
File: omgredditissosjw.png (73 KB, 845x298) Image search: [Google]
omgredditissosjw.png
73 KB, 845x298
>>25194172
> "reddit is so sjw" meme
And here we have it, some of the faggots who shitpost all over the site when /r/fatpeoplehate went under

That site is 99% crybabies who make SJW's out to be this big boogie monster, while a very small minority of people are actually fucking retarded enough to buy into the SJW horseshit. Is so happens that it's the mods/ admins; the type of people who want to use authoritarian power to dictate the mood and setting of their area. It's natural that they're the degeneracy of each passing generation.

You see plenty of "Hmm... I'm starting to believe maybe not ALL muslims are terrorists!!! :OOO" posts that every redditor can feel smart/ share that fucking "enlightenment" shit with. But once anything brings up a real point of contention, it goes to shit.

Sure reddit isn't /pol/ tier, but it's not quite sjw or middle ground as everyone on reddit and here likes to believe.
>>
No, you piece of shit
>>
>Have to register an account
>Echo chamber; if you disagree with the hivemind you will be "down voted"
>"Gold"
>"Karma"

Before you say anything, down voting and calling someone a faggot for having a shit opinion are two different things so fuck you.
>>
>>25194384
>>Echo chamber; if you disagree with the hivemind you will be "down voted"
have you considered not going to reddits where this is a concern? why are you trying to have LE DEEP FILOSOPHIKAL DISCUSSION on fucking reddit

it's for pictures of cats and links to local municipal bylaws, that's it
>>
>>25193404

Never been there, nor tumblrdrdlr, nor facebook. But they're getting mentioned more and more here these days, this site not good enough on its own anymore?
>>
>>25194571

Normalfags are an invasive species

Exhibit A: >>25194437
>>
File: 1431499483241.png (40 KB, 438x469) Image search: [Google]
1431499483241.png
40 KB, 438x469
>>25194287
At least posts here aren't deleted due to hurting people's feelings.
>>
I like reddit. I've been using it interchangeably with 4chan since 2012. Yes, there's a hivemind and a karma-whore problem, but it's also a lot easier to get an actual discussion going than on 4chan.

Plus you are in complete control of what content you're seeing, if you stick to the non-default subreddits it gets ten times as good.
>>
>>25194644
stop expecting decent discussion out of reddit and just use it as Digg except not dead
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.