[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the closest you've ever gotten to a celebrity,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: snoopdogg.jpg (29 KB, 470x338) Image search: [Google]
snoopdogg.jpg
29 KB, 470x338
What's the closest you've ever gotten to a celebrity, or a really famous person in general? Did you actually meet them?

The closest I've been was when Snoop Dogg liked a comment I left on his facebook page when I was 14. All I wrote was just "snoop".
>>
I get mistaken for being famous if that counts?

I've been stopped in the street on nights out by guys asking where they know me from or who swear they've seen me on TV.

The worst I've done is accept a selfie request from a girl. But at no stage do I ever go along with the assumption.
>>
Erm hard to think I've been pretty close to a few, the closest I've gotten to someone who I guess can be considered a celebrity (not a big one) would be chilling with basshunter for abit in magaluf
>>
Eh, I'd say just being in attendance at concerts. I'm within feet of them, some I even shook hands with after the show.

But if those don't count, I was able to make a song with one of Skrillex's friends, I guess that's sorta cool.
>>
>>25191826
Was a local hired roadie for Buckcherry at their gig here in town a few years ago. Met the guys briefly backstage before their gig while having a smoke. Fairly cool despite being chad as fuck.

I liked the opener band more than them, though. Sad part is I can't even remember their name.
>>
robert plant is sitting in the next room, 50 feet from me now.
>>
>>25192226
>not remembering the name of a good opening band
God damn it, I know that feel.
>>
One of my childhood friends went on to play on some lesser known TV shows, including one lead role. People still remember his character but don't recognize him because he's older now and looks different.

I barely talked to him since then. He just didn't have time for me because he has an incredibly busy social life and is around other people constantly.
>>
>>25192557

Do you mind telling us who it was?

Did you feel 'overtaken' and feel embarrassed that he's gone on to such success?
>>
>>25192623
You wouldn't recognize him because he's not American.

No. I never pursued success in acting in the first place, so I wouldn't feel overtaken.
>>
I worked as a stagehand so I saw entertainers in the flesh fairly often. As far as physical proximity goes I walked past Brock Lesnar and Gennady Golovkin before. I also shook hands with Ebi (Persian singer) and Jimmy Buffett.
>>
>>25191826
I work in the airport, so I've seen a few celebrities in person and spoke to them.

I actually met Bane and called him a big guy. He laughed as I helped scan his Mr Goodbar.
>>
File: 1439267439947.jpg (68 KB, 531x683) Image search: [Google]
1439267439947.jpg
68 KB, 531x683
I met Neil Armstrong around a decade ago at a small Barnes and Noble event. Shook his hand, talked about space shit for a few minutes. Pretty chill guy, but I suppose age does that to you.
>>
>>25192462
Go feed from his hairy red nips
>>
>>25191826
I worked on an episode of Wahlburgers and had to film Mark Wahlberg on his trip to the dentist. Just me, him, and the sound guy. He's pretty chill.
>>
>>25191826

Elliot Rodgers school went to a museum at the same time as our school (and a few others) I have literally 0 recollection of him.

I also met Nadine Coyle, some Britbong singer once
>>
Ron Jeremy hung out in my hotel room. I also bumped into Ron Howard's daughter at a college open-house and he gave me a disapproving look.
>>
>>25192992

That's cool anon
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.