[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you get one of these presents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 23
File: christmas gifts.png (795 KB, 1242x687) Image search: [Google]
christmas gifts.png
795 KB, 1242x687
>tfw you get one of these presents
>>
I have literally never seen any of those things.
>>
i hope i get some new socks from santa
>>
I never balk in the face of a present given to me no matter how shitty.

I do hold my own gift giving to a high standard though. Other people seem to like getting gift cards but I feel like they're even worse than cash.
>>
I'm perfectly open to people giving me Lindor chocolates to make me ten pounds fatter I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>25191637
You have NEVER seen a gift card, scratch-it, or box of chocolates before?

Are you literally living under a rock?
>>
File: 45634534252.gif (35 KB, 445x445) Image search: [Google]
45634534252.gif
35 KB, 445x445
>>25191623
>tfw everyone just gives you cash
>>
>>25191659
>high standard
As do I. It sometimes bums me out that other people don't put the same heart into a gift as I do though. Especially since I'm not close to that many people.
>>
>>25191686
I thought those were marbles or some shit.
>>
File: 1420165998841.png (66 KB, 389x400) Image search: [Google]
1420165998841.png
66 KB, 389x400
>>25191623
>tfw you sell people presents
>>
>>25191691
This.
I regularly USE to get people presents based on thought, but have never gotten a thoughtful gift.
Now it's $5 chocolate stockings for all of them.

You know what I would really like this year? A bowling pin from the old closed down bowling alley in my town. That would be a neat gift. Like, I've told people before that I've wanted an old bowling pin to put on my shelf, and everyone knew I liked going to that alley, but literally no one will sit down, think about me, and put 2 and 2 together.
>>
>>25191637
they are in my face everywhere I wonder if they are australian
>>
>>25191691

To me it's better to give someone no gift at all than a shitty gift.

People are always receptive to gift cards but I feel like it's a cop out gift. It doesn't really require any thought except "what store would they want a gift card to?". To stand by the old cliche: it's the thought that counts.

I guess I have extreme autism but I take a lot of consideration into what gift to get someone. It's a good feel when I give someone a gift at all, but when I give them something I can tell they didn't just deem acceptable but really, really liked, there are few comparable feels. I guess it's selfish in a weird way.
>>
>>25191698
Do you live in Malawi?
>>
>>25191698
Yeah those big flat marbles with "gift card" written on them confuse the fuck out of me as well
>>
>>25191746

I'm the kind of person who puts two and two together like that. Those are the absolute best gifts. It's particularly amazing since I'm an autist who can't read >implication. I rarely get the opportunity to give those since nobody talks to me.

If you were a good friend or F A M I'd get you that bowling pin anon.
>>
>>25191746
If you were my friend I'd have given you one. I stole a lot of bowling pins in my day. We used to all sign them for each other. I have two left. If you were my friend I'd just give you one and say it was from there. Merry Christmas, Anon :/
>>25191754
I'm the same way. This is why Amazon Wish Lists were invented. I love that I can get my family things I know they really want.
>>
>>25191623
Got a ton of scratchers one year from my dad, and it actually wasn't that shitty. I don't see him too often, and scratchers are kind of a tradition with us. We'd take walks to 7-11, talk, and blow 5 bucks on scratchers. When I was learning to drive, my first experience freeway driving was going out to the state line, buying scratchers, and driving back. We even had our own little way of uncovering the symbols for maximum suspense.

It was a little bit more meaningful getting those from him. Didn't hurt that I wound up getting a hundred bucks.

>>25191659
They are. It's cash with limits. I mean, if it's a visa card or something, you can at least use it online or at any store you want, but store-specific cards suck ass unless you actually shop there.

And there are definitely gifts to feel offended by. Complaints about you as a person disguised as gifts, for example. Or trying to shove something political or religious down your throat in the guise of a gift.

>>25191687
I like that. It's like you got me cigarettes or weed for Christmas, which I would've wanted to get anyway.

>>25191666
Yeah, stuff you can eat and actually enjoy isn't a shitty gift. I'm actually kind of hoping I get candy from somebody.

>>25191754
>To me it's better to give someone no gift at all than a shitty gift.
It totally is. Shitty gifts are just putting a burden on people you don't give a fuck about so that you don't look bad in front of other people.
>getting my little cousin a Mabel plushie from Gravity Falls and some Littlest Pet Shop toys for Christmas and genuinely worried about whether she'll like them
>>
tfw born on December 25th ;____;
>>
>>25191846
Hey Zeus
>>
>>25191659
>>25191691
With you on this. I find it insane that people always stress about what to get their loved ones. Nigga thats your family, if you don't know what they like by now you need to figure out where things went wrong.

>put off Christmas shopping until the last minute (December 20th)
>logged onto Amazon, browsed items for about 10 minutes and added what I liked to the cart
>already gotten two texts from my Mom telling me how proud she is to have me as a son and that my younger siblings want to open my presents first
>tfw it's now a family tradition for everyone back home to open all of my gifts at midnight on Christmas Eve

All I asked for from them was some $$$.
>>
>>25191846
What's that like for ya, Christmas child?
>>
>>25191746
Exactly how I am with gifts bro. Even that bit of backstory into the gift you'd like gave me a real warm feel. It sounds like a great gift and I hope someone can put 2 and 2 together this year for you.

>>25191754
You're right though, gift cards are a cop out gift. The thing that bothers me the most is that it's really not difficult to figure out a meaningful gift if you give yourself time and actually sit down to ponder it for a while. I think a gift should leave an impression on someone, proving that you had them in mind and that you pay attention to the things that are important to them.
>>
i dont mind gift cards at all. im not some fucking pansy who cries because daddy didnt take my interests into account and read my soul
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 593x231) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 593x231
>Tfw getting a gift card
I was snooping-as-usual and I heard my mother and sister discussing how they don't know what to get me because all I do is spend time in my room and they don't really know what I'm into, so they felt the best thing to do was to "give the loser a gift card"
>>
>>25191623
are you serious, gift cards (if it's actually $$$ on there redeemable for goods online) are objectively the best gift you can recieve.
>>
>>25191903
NO! It's not about showing that you actually thought about somebody and paid attention to what is important to that person!

It's about MATERIAL GOODS! On their own, divorced from any warmth or sincerity!
>>
>>25191889

I just get b-day presents, very rarely x-mas ones as well.
>>
>>25191960
Does Christmas overshadow your birthday at all?

I'd seriously be pissed if some commercialized garbage celebrating material wealth overshadowed the celebration of my very existence.
>>
>>25191927

I fail to see how it's better than receiving cash.
>>
I can almost guarantee I'm going to get one of every item in that picture for Christmas
>>
>>25191903

THIS

You can usually figure out an at least OK gift for someone with one conversation, even if you're autistic and have terrible conversation skills. Literally just listen.

>Play TCG
>Everyone in family knows I play TCG
>Nobody except my brother ever thinks to just buy me booster packs

I never snub turn down a gift but it just feels like they don't even know me.
>>
>tfw you get a gift card for a shitty place of a certain genre of store

For example last year I got a gift card for Repco which is a shitty overpriced auto store with no online store and barely any sales or promotions, where as my main auto store SCA is constantly having sales and deals and complete online shopping is available.
>>
>>25191989
Not him, but it's not. It's not even better for the person buying the card. You wind up throwing a marginal amount of money down the drain.
>>
File: 1352112715044.jpg (3 KB, 109x127) Image search: [Google]
1352112715044.jpg
3 KB, 109x127
>>25191989
you don't have to go outside and put cash into a card yourself!!
NORMIE DETECTED GET THE FUCK OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>25191989
>>25192016
here again sorry
i agree with you that cash is better than gift cards, please forgive me for accusing you of the highest offfense.
1.cash
2.gift card
>>
>>25191880
>stress about what to get their loved ones
I never understood this either man. To be fair, I don't even spend a lot of time with my family and small group of close friends. I'm pretty reclusive and yet I still know whats up when it comes to gifts.

>>25191921
Since when does it make you a pansy to want your family to care about you?

>>25191938
Remember that teddy you lost when you were 5? It took a hell of a lot of work but I tracked it down and had it repurposed into a fuzzy Call of Duty hat for you!
>>
>>25191924
Damn, sucks anon. Be spiteful and hide their favorite jewelery

>>25192008
>tfw I got a $15 gift card to audioshack from my older, richer sister

Bitch what kind of electronics store sells anything besides batteries for $15? I even asked her what she wanted, she said a watch, so I got her a fancy watch.

I ended up getting the batteries at radioshack
>>
>>25192008

I got a $15 Fandango gift card.

I go to see MAYBE 1 movie in a theater a year. (this year was an exception because Mad Max, Resurrection 'F', and Star Wars).
I really don't like movie theaters.
This was from a close family member who knows the kinds of things I like.
>>
>>25191623
Are you fucking kidding me I'd love a Lindor box.
>>
>>25191989
Say for christmas, you really like spongebob or some shit, so everybody gets you spongebob stuff, which you have no problem with.
But, at the spongebob megastore, there's so many items and nobody knows what to give you.
So instead of buying something you might not like, they give you a $20 gift card for that store.
If they gave you $20 instead, you could use that for anything. Food, bills, plunger, it's even less thought than a gift card.
A gift card for a store you really like is like saying "I know you like this stuff, but I don't know enough about it to give you a good present, so go wild".
Though I can see if it can sometimes be completely thoughtless.
>>
>>25192094
Is this shit Australian? Looks good
>>
>>25192094
Last Christmas I was dying for Lindt
>>
>implying I care if I get gift cards

Assuming they're not to worthless places.
>>
>>25192102
You make a fine point anon, but what if the kid who likes spongebob also likes teen titans. Wouldn't it make more sense to give him $20, that way he can buy something from both of these fictional stores?
>>
>normals care this much about the consumer drone aspect of Christmas
Wew
>>
>>25191998
Damn dude, and that's a pretty straightforward gift. I hope you get some good boosters this year. Is it magic? I've never played it but I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh, too afraid of how much money I'd spend on magic, and I'd also have the worst time ever trying to catch up with people skill-level wise
>>
>>25192110
I think they're German chocolates but they get produced and sold all over the world. They're a little pricey too.
>>
>>25191998
If your family doesn't approve (deep-down) of the way you waste your life why the fuck are they going to enable you further by buying booster packs for you?
>>
>>25192148
I bitch about:

>tfw no gf
>tfw wageslave
>tfw lonely

all fucking year, so excuse me if I find a special topic I can bitch about once a year. LET ME HAVE THIS
>>
File: merrychristmasyoufascist.jpg (94 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
merrychristmasyoufascist.jpg
94 KB, 467x700
Shitty gift stories?

>be me, goth dude
>haven't worn a colored article of clothing in around a decade now
>every fucking Christmas
>get obnoxiously bright clothes that look like they came out of a Lacoste or an Aeropostale catalog
>this clearly isn't a mistake, either; you guys have seen me wearing this shit for years and made a point of telling me how ugly and evil and Satanic I look
>yeah, thanks for the thinly-veiled hint
>just toss it in the pile I take to the clothing drive on Christmas, tags still on, without even seeing whether it fits
I know I come across as a major douche even typing this, but holy fuck. Just complain to my face instead of creating a situation where I'm a dick for not thanking you for the complaint.

I don't even feel bad about bringing new or expensive or high-quality clothes to the clothing drive, either. Fuck it, the homeless deserve more than the clothes I've already trashed for Christmas. Whatever bum gets this shit is going to be thrilled.

On the plus side,
>kickass aunt is the only fucking one who actually gets me spooky shit, and I actually got a a lot of my favorite clothes from her
>>
>>25192123
This. A gift card to a place you actually like shopping at doesn't suck.
>>
>>25191659
They are worse than cash, you're basically giving them money that can ONLY be used at certain places most of the time
>>
>>25192512
>having to constantly ask how much balance is left on the card
>having to prolong a transaction because the item you want costs more than the amount of money on the card

No thanks
>>
>>25191659
>I never balk in the face of a present given to me no matter how shitty.

This.

Only thing worse than shitty gifts or thoughtless money/gift cards is nothing from someone who could have but didn't
>>
>>25192387
You honestly sound like a cunt
>>
I personally don't mind gift cards if it's for a place I'll actually go to.
>>
>>25192387
is this bait?

>>25192755
NO STUPID GO AWAY
>>
File: 1449838042330.png (232 KB, 452x344) Image search: [Google]
1449838042330.png
232 KB, 452x344
>Grand Parents give me the Cadbury stocking ever year
>>
i like giving people who give giftcards really kickass gifts every year to make em feel like shit....and it works
>>
File: 1417119957435.jpg (57 KB, 553x567) Image search: [Google]
1417119957435.jpg
57 KB, 553x567
>tfw you get nothing but candy canes
>>
I hate opening Toblerones on Christmas, especially how obvious you can see it is one by the shape.

Anyone else?
>>
>>25192799
But anon, candy canes are yummy. Dip them in your eggnog and you'll be happy for a short while

>>25192781
>>25192813
God damn it now I want chocolate for Christmas, fuck gift cards
>>
>>25192648
Don't you keep the receipt, go home, then write how much is left on the card itself? That's what I do.
>>
I hope Santa leaves me a box of valium under my pillow.
>>
File: hohohojack.png (52 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
hohohojack.png
52 KB, 645x773
>>25192823
its a good feel bb
>>
I come from a family where I never got anything, never celebrated birthdays or christmas or anything.

So if you give me a gift card, a pair of socks, a video game, whatever the fuck, I will be happy.

I like gifts that show that people really know me well, but goddamn, I can't complain about cash. Even if it's a gift card for a place I don't shop at, I can sell it on ebay for 90%+ its value.
>>
>tfw uncle got me a gf last year but she was left in the box too long and was dead by christmas morning
>>
>>25191623
>wanting Christmas presents
What are you, a child?
>>
>>25192717
Yup.

>>25192761
Nah, it's not bait. Every year, one or two people who actually know me well will get me a "come-to-Jesus" gift.

Also, wow, he actually went away.
>>25192755

>>25192781
Are those any good?

>>25192823
>dip them in eggnog
You're a fucking genius. Holy crap, I have to try that.

>>25192813
No, but on the subject of guessing which gift is which by shape and sound...
>cousin gets rectangular passage that makes a strange sound when she shakes it from aunt
>can't figure out what it is
>keeps shaking it and listening to figure it out
>Christmas day
>it's a box of fucking cereal
I laughed pretty hard at that.

>>25192861
Church of latter-day saints, poor, or just no fucks given?

>>25192863
I kek'd.
>>
File: 1450232506400.jpg (41 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1450232506400.jpg
41 KB, 499x499
>tfw 26 and managed to do nothing but recieve presents from family members instead of giving cuz "no job"
>feels good
>>
File: checkout divider.jpg (41 KB, 515x302) Image search: [Google]
checkout divider.jpg
41 KB, 515x302
>>25192813
I've always wanted to give someone like you a checkout divider
>>
>>25192908
>Are those any good?
Yeah
>>
>all these humble cucks bragging about how fullfilling it is to give thoughtfull shit
>>
>>25192954
>tfw this is the first year that I can actually buy my family gifts with my own money

I went all out, I seriously could give a shit what they get me
>>
>getting anything
>complaining
>>
>>25192781
That Cadbury stocking actually looks pretty good.

American chocolate fucking blows, you have to go to an actual import store to even get real Cadbury. (The Cadbury in normal stores here is actually made by Hershey and it's trash.)
>>
>>25191623
I'd rather have any of those things than bullshit I neither want nor need given under the pretense of "knowing and caring about me."
>>
File: 1450075478194.png (178 KB, 573x495) Image search: [Google]
1450075478194.png
178 KB, 573x495
>that pressure you feel while opening a present and everyone is watching you, for your reaction
>o-ohh wooow cooolll
>>
>>25193037
this. at least someone thought about you for a little while and spent some amount of money on you
>>
Grandmother presents is the heroes box.
>>
>>25191846

Same. I actually like it now when I don't want a tragic party where people have to pretend to care about me. It's the perfect excuse for not making an event.

Sucked as a kid to get less presents of course.
>>
The Lindt chocolates are perfect for making a homemade gift basket. Gift cards however are unforgivable.
>>
File: 1413244723515.jpg (33 KB, 356x407) Image search: [Google]
1413244723515.jpg
33 KB, 356x407
>need to get sister a present this year
>specifically asks for gift cards so she can pick out her own furniture for her new apartment

I feel bad not getting her something more personal, but is it alright if I know that's what she wants?
>>
File: 1428102677533.gif (4 KB, 256x272) Image search: [Google]
1428102677533.gif
4 KB, 256x272
>tfw dad refuses I receive any gifts because "it's just money that should be going to rent anyway"
>>
>>25192387
Your family and friends should treat you with more respect, goths are a dying breed of faggot nowadays. Could have sworn you all died out by the time the 2010s rolled around.
>>
>>25191786
no dude he's talking about the Lindor box
if you've never seen it before i think it could be easy to mistake that image as a box of marbles or some shit because of the colors lmao
>>
>>25192387

My mum did similar things for a few years. I'm not a goth, but every year I'd get this parcel of autism / old man clothes from stores that women shop in when they're buying clothes for their husband or 12 year old nerd kid.

3/4 length cargos, those weird shiny dress shirts, hideous cheap graphic tees... And every year I'd leave all the tags on and just take them back to the stores and exchange them for, ironically, socks and underwear because there was nothing else worth buying there.

It didn't matter to her the first year when I very clearly told her not to ever buy me clothes again. It didn't matter the next year when I refused to even open the bags from the same store she handed me (didn't even bother to wrap them).

It took a good four or five Christmas' until I finally snapped and demanded to know exactly what her fucking problem was and that she explain why she continued to do this year after year. There was no response worth mentioning. There was no justification. She simply did it because it was what she wanted me to have and that was it.
>>
>>25193452
>I have literally never seen any of those things.
Emphases on 'any'
>You have NEVER seen a gift card, scratch-it, or box of chocolates before?
I did not single any single item out
>I thought those were marbles or some shit.
Replying to me replying with all the items to him replying to all the items. Ergo he thought a gift card was a marble.
>>
>>25191982
>Does Christmas overshadow your birthday at all?

It does mostly. I don't care as much as I used to, when I was younger. I still had friends coming over during the day, and we celebrated christmas in evenings.
>>
>>25193495
>semantics
go to sleep
>>
In an ideal world Christmas would be once every two years or even better like the Olympics and every 4.

I can't do this shit every single year. I can't afford to give gifts. I can't even use that as an excuse to not get anything because it's drilled into our society that you don't love your family and friends if you don't get them anything for christmas. I don't even want anything.
>>
>>25193522
>hurr how dare u respond wif logics n shit
>>
>>25192143
In that case, I'd get him a $10 giftcard for sponge and a $10 card for titan
>>
>>25193098
DELETE THIS ;__;

Original comment fuck you kamasaki
>>
>>25193464

I feel I have to qualify all this by pointing out that every fucking year I'd buy her shit I knew she liked and would want.

There is truly nothing more depressing on xmas than knowing your presents are thoughtless shit from someone too lazy and shit to get someone things they actually want
>>
>>25193405
nah get her some furniture man
>>
>>25193525
>I cant afford gifts
>365 days to save money

The fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>25191623
>giving and receiving gifts
Fucking normies
>>
i'd rather get money or a gift card so i can spend it on items i actually want
>>
>>25193720
Where would you like a gift card from, anon?
>>
I love the smell of Yule trees.
>>
>>25192908
poor and abusive family
>>
>>25193691
How about birthdays, living costs, unexpected costs?

And then I got to save money for what is essentially a forced obligation. I'm just of the belief that when you're forced to give then you're not really giving. Hell if there was no Christmas then I may have a surplus left over and be able to gift properly/.
>>
18 this year. Got a decent job and got a lot spent on me over the years so ive spent about 400 quid on people to say thank you. Disappearing next year tho for Christmas lol
>>
>>25193739
Amazon.

Send it to me at [email protected], thanks
>>
Gift visas are GOAT
Its those people who like to hand out 10 dollar Sears giftcards or something similar.
>>
>>25191623

Gift cards $50 and over for a proper retailer or department store are respectable gifts desu senpai

The "I actively don't give two shits about you" epitome is a $25 card for a mall which isn't taken by the actual good stores
>>
>>25191623

>mfw my dad always gives me about $300-$500 cash and then a toiletries set that he got at the drug store for like a fiver

Pretty high tier gifting desu I actually need the shaving foam and body wash and always end up using it Xmas morning
>>
>>25193915
Must be nice man, I could seriously use that amount of dosh. I even asked my parents for money, which was embarrassing as fuck but I truly need it. Roommate fucked off this month so until I get a new one, I'm paying a little less than $700
>>
>>25193915
I wish I had a silver spoon.
>>
>>25192387

>proppa mint polo from Lacoste
>rude gift

Are you fucking serious m8
>>
>>25191623
I am drawing a portrait in Paint, then printing it for my parents.
>tfw still able to do the 'made it myself'
>>
>>25193098

This kind of happened to me years ago I got the Age of Empires 2 expansion from my grandparents which blew my mind as a 10 year old kid that 70 year olds even knew where to go buy that, but I didn't have the main game of age 2 at the time and knew it wouldn't work so I obviously didn't tell them and acted really happy

My faggot cousin had it though and I asked to borrow it just to install age 2 and bring it back but the cunt said no and threw a tantrum even though he was fucking 15
>>
>>25193949

>$300 at Christmas is outlandish 1% debauchery
>>
>>25193915
Wait, you're consistently in need of new body wash on Christmas morning?

>>25193995
Dead-serious. It's not so much, "Here's an awesome shirt" as "When are you going to stop dressing like the devil?"

No joke, I get comments from a few dozen people every time there's a fleck of grey on my outfit. It's pretty firmly-established to everyone who knows me that I'm not into wearing colors.

>>25194026
That's actually a kickass gift.

Wait, Paint. Still, neato.

>>25194060
That's beyond shitty. The last bit, I mean.

>>25194099
It actually is quite a lot. 500 is borderline insane (not in a bad way, just...wow).

>>25193808
Damn. Sorry, anon. Hope your Christmas is solid this year.

>>25193464
>>25193564
I don't know if that's actually malicious. It just comes across as bizarre behavior.

>>25193371
>unforgivable
That's a little much. They're just less convenient, unless they're for a totally garbage establishment.
>>
>>25193915
I'm visiting my family and I forgot my deodorant

fingers crossed for the inevitable shower gel and deodorant gift pack this christmas. Also socks I'm running out. A good christmas for me is shit I can't be bothered to buy myself
>>
>>25194149
>Wait, you're consistently in need of new body wash on Christmas morning?

it's more usually that it's nicer body wash than the bar soap I use 99% of the year and that I'm invariably nearly out of stuff like shaving foam or shampoo or whatever
>>
>>25194149
>"When are you going to stop dressing like the devil?"

well when are you?

it's still an awesome shirt though, anyone can look good in a Lacoste polo shirt
>>
File: nick-young-confused-face.jpg (40 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
nick-young-confused-face.jpg
40 KB, 505x431
>gift cards are bad

I'd take a $50 Amazon gift card over A LOT of fucking shit. Especially some "gift from the heart" non sense.
>>
>>25194325
Oh. Cool. Seemed like you only got that stuff once a year.

>>25194343
>well when are you?
Literally never. I'm actually looking forward to getting old so I can rock more Victorian-looking stuff and look like some kind of ancient vampire.
>>
>>25191623
>I dont care about you

But they do, else they wouldnt have gotten you a gift. They just don't know a lot about you because you're a reclusive mother fucker and don't share a lot. So they left it up to you.
>>
>Tfw got everyone but my mom gift cards and cash

fuck it, rather let them buy something they will like
>>
File: 1397842701057.jpg (76 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
1397842701057.jpg
76 KB, 500x405
Fuck I don't even want anything since I'm not a neet and can afford pretty much anything I want right now, except for a house.

I even asked my father what mother wants and he said to just give her money. That shit's silly though so I asked her and bought her some specific cosmetic. Might drop and buy another one, not like it expires soon and it's real cheap.
>>
File: 0610 - hq88L2H.jpg (106 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
0610 - hq88L2H.jpg
106 KB, 400x400
I just buy gifts from those Eastern new-age Peruvian organic special snowflake type stores. Women eat that shit up like candy.
>>
All i wanted for christmas was a HTC Vive but I guess that's not happening.
>parent's surprise me with a studio flat for christmas
>if only
>>
I make things for people on the rare occasion I actually bother with gifts for Christmas, I make a vaguely decent drawing or painting and they have to sit there and accept it because "it's from the heart" and then hop off my back for a few more years.
>>
>tfw giving someone a gift they didn't know they wanted
>>
>>25191623
>not liking cadbury chocolate
i agree with you on the gift card and those fucking... scratch its the fuck?
I wish I got SOMETHING for christmas. my shitty family doesn't care about me and I don't care about them at this point.
>>
>>25195005
This is the best. Like when I gave my friend a life sized inflatable shrek
>>
>>25193034
Same here senpai. Being a wagecuck isn't so bad.
>>
I'd rather receive cash/cards than shit i don't need
>>
>not asked for anything for 5 years
>this year ask for a fishing rod because i think i'd like to go fishing
>everyone laughs at me

ffs lads
>>
File: 2389035_R_Z001A_UC1651653.jpg (16 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
2389035_R_Z001A_UC1651653.jpg
16 KB, 312x312
>forgetting this

baka this is the #1 "oh i suppose I need to get them something" gift
>>
>>25191686
>scratch-it
Where the heck is a lottery ticket called a scratch-it? Bongland?
>>
>>25191686
tfw in aus we call them scratchies
>>
>>25195328
i'm a bong and i've only ever called them scratch cards desu, scratch-it is probably some regional horseshit, or worse, a colonial thing
>>
>>25191623
Lindor is fucking delicious though
>>
>>25192387
man I wear a lot of black and my mum gets me some colored t shirts as gifts sometimes, which is nice, I like some of them but every time it's like 'oh blue looks so good on you!' and then my dad gets me an iron maiden shirt without me even asking and it's like 'dad knows what's up sort your shit out mum'
>>
File: 5doGrDG.png (126 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
5doGrDG.png
126 KB, 399x388
ALL OF MY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What the hell is this normie bullshit? Robots dont celebreate christmas nor any other holiday.
>>
>>25195293
Every. Damn. Year.
Good job they're actually useful at making me not smell like shit, would rather smell like a teenager than of sweat and masturbation
>>
>>25195328
It's known as a rub-a-money-dub ticket in the UK mate.
>>
I got a dulcimer for Christmas, I fucking love it m8s.

I've been playing Greensleeves on it and its fun as fuck.

Any other brobots get musical instruments?
>>
>>25191623
>tfw since I'm older now and am expected to give gifts as well as receive I stopped celebrating shitmas

Feels good not to waste cash.
>>
>>25195293
What the fuck is this? Is this Axe for Africans or some shit?
>>
It was my birthday a month ago, and my grandmother sent me a little cash as she always does. But I'm a big boy now; I've got a job and stuff, and taking the money I felt very, very bad, especially since I know she lives off a pension. I don't like recieving gifts in general to be honest.

So I saved the money, and so it didn't look suspicious I put it towards a gift card and sent it back in a letter with a christmas card signed with messages from me and my siblings. I kept trying to think of practical things to get her, but nothing came to mind, and my dad doesn't talk to her anymore so I couldn't get a decent answer.

G-gift cards can't be that bad, right? It's a Coles-Myer one so it's got a bit of leeway...

I must be fucked if I'm more likely to know what my mates want than what my family wants.
>>
>>25191623
I actually ask for gift cards...
>>
>>25195865
Jesus that's horrible. What an asshole you are. You just sent back her gift but in a worse, less useable form. She gets something out of seeing you get something you enjoy, not having a little extra in her pocket.
>>
File: deez nuts bowl.jpg (37 KB, 750x843) Image search: [Google]
deez nuts bowl.jpg
37 KB, 750x843
got this bowl off a girl I know
>tfw feel kinda bad that I didn't get her anything
>>
I don't care what people get me for Christmas or my birthday anymore. I've gotten to the point where it literally is the thought and love that counts.
>>
File: christmas gifts.png (847 KB, 1242x687) Image search: [Google]
christmas gifts.png
847 KB, 1242x687
>>25195293
How the fuck did I forget that? That's all I ever get from Uncles/Aunties.
>>
>>25191623
>get free shit
>complain about it anyway

be grateful they even acknowledge your existence faggit
>>
>>25195293
I got one of those when I was in hospital around this time last year because they weren't sure if I would be out by xmas.

The worst thing is I have CF so aerosols basically incapacitate me. I was in a fucking hospital so if anyone should be aware of my condition, it's the people I am trusting to make me better.
>>
>>25193034
I'm in the same boat, I spent literally thousands on Gifts for the Family Member I actually love, and I got shitty DVDs for my cunt Aunt-in-Law. I know I'm getting an iPad Pro from my Grandparents, but I fully expect shitty Gift Cards and novelty Gifts from the rest of them.
>>
>>25197509
It's because you smell anon
>>
My brother has given me a 25 dollar iTunes gift card for every Christmas and birthday for the last 5 years despite me having an andriod and a pc
>>
>>25195793

Lynx is the name for it outside in the UK and some other places because of trademark issues or something
>>
>tfw my whole family just sends me money because they know I'm fucking broke and need food

Feels good. I haven't gotten any Christmas letters so far though.
>>
>>25191623
I actually enjoy gift cards as long as I can use them for online shopping.
>>
>did not get a single thing for my family
>told them I didn't want any gifts from them either
>bought a bunch of stuff for myself with those online holiday sales
>did an online secret Santa and got a ton of presents from the guy who was assigned to me, and vice-versa

This is starting to make me feel awkward. I was going to get a gift for my mom today but I have food poisoning and can barely move. If I can make it to a bank I'm giving my sister a few hundred dollars I owe her for bills, I had to save a lot of money for a surgery earlier this year and she covered them for me.
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.