[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that once you hit rock bottom, the only place to go is up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: CAo_q2XWwAIT4aq.jpg (20 KB, 521x266) Image search: [Google]
CAo_q2XWwAIT4aq.jpg
20 KB, 521x266
Is it true that once you hit rock bottom, the only place to go is up?
>>
>>25190650
no
you bore into the rock like its fucking minecraft

remember it will always get worse
>>
Yes but the only way you can go up is if you kill youself

JUST DO IT
also if you are posting on this shit board you are not bottom
grow some balls, kid
>>
No, your usually stuck there until your either dead or become comfortable enough not to let it bother you.
>>
Yeah, but most of us are kept floating just above rock bottom so we never get there.
>>
Once you hit rock bottom the only place to go is /r9k/
>>
>>25190697
this this this this this this desu
am drunk

fuck da robot
>>
>>25190687
>also if you are posting on this shit board you are not bottom

i'd almost need to beg to differ on that. some people that post on this board are truly pathetic economically, socially, aesthetically... umm basically all the 'stuff' that makes someone rock bottom.
>>
>>25190665
This. Once you hit rock bottom you can easily burst through the rock and continue downwards into hell.
>>
>>25190650
stagnation is after that

what is rock bottom, anyways?
>>
>>25190650
depends on what you consider to be rock bottom
as long as you have a roof over your head and food on your play you can still go lower
>>
lot of room to move laterally at the bottom.
>>
>>25190650

Until you are dead it can always get worse.
>>
>>25190650
no you plateau for a few yearsand eventually get used to that level, then you drop down some more.
>>
File: 1447380256000.jpg (68 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1447380256000.jpg
68 KB, 640x640
I just keep moving down senpai.
>>
There is no "rock bottom". You can always sink lower.
>>
yeah rock bottom really sucks

but you are able to make small changes at a time that improves your quality of life. You might make a small step every couple of months.

eventually, even if its a couple years, you start running.
>>
>>25190650
>hit rock bottom
>do a 360 and and go back up
>>
>>25191710
this

everytime i think my life has gotten as bad as it cant, it gets worse
>>
>>25190650
there is no rock bottom. Well, unless you aren't starving in street and being eaten by maggots that is.
>>
>>25190650
no, xD hell no,
the bottom is only the top of the next bottom, this continues till you die.
>>
>>25190742
the bottom is when you are homeless phoneless and dont have internet
>>
>>25191644
and even then you have no guarantee
that its gonna be even more worse
>>
>>25192215
and then you step in dogshit
>>
>>25192386
and then a rich Chad teases you with his money and spits on your face
>>
>>25190650
No. It's like Minecraft (those old alphas, at least). When you find bedrock, you may think you have reached the bottom of the world. However, due to a bug in the world-generation algorithm, you may also find a hole in the bedrock. If you step into that hole, you fall into a bottomless void.
>>
Once at my uncles 4th of July party, my uncle and I were talking about Vietnam and his buddies who served. He was sipping vodka out of a jar and was rocking in his chair like straight out of a movie. His friend killed himself after coming home from the war and learning his sweetheart cheated on him and left him. I'll always remember my uncles words.

>"When you truly hit rock bottom, sometimes the next step is just to go 6 feet under"
>>
>>25190650
>Is it true that once you hit rock bottom, the only place to go is up?

Depends on the height from which you fall.
>>
> NAAAAAAMMEEELESS NOW
>>
>>25190650
The real problem comes when you hit rock bottom, and you become comfortable with it.

You lose the desire to go up or down, you just let gravity carry you into free fall.
>>
no, because you can always kill yourself
>>
Only two kinds of people hit rock bottom, OP.

The kind that just want to lay down and die, because they believe, without any doubt, they will never, ever leave that place, and that it is where they belong.

And the kind that feel the need to stand up and live, despite the effort involved, even at rock bottom, if it means drawing that much closer to the exit.

Its easy being the former. Easiest thing in the world, actually. That is part of the allure. When you give up and convince yourself nothing can be done, there is a great placidity that accompanies that type of despair that makes it terribly addicting. And you'll be absolutely, unquestionably certain things will not change in that regard. This kind of rock bottom makes it easy to lie in bed all day hating yourself day after day.

The latter is more about a sense of duty. Either to yourself or to those you care about. Regardless of your state or what put you there, you have this perspective you cannot change, where you not only know you can improve things, you feel obligated to do so. This kind of rock bottom is a tool. A tool to remind you of your potential, of where you can go, of what you can do, of who you can become. It's a challenge sent by yourself to yourself. A gauge of self-improvement.

We'll all end up there, at rock bottom, sooner or later. Probably more than once. And only our perspective will save us. So which is it? Rock bottom in a pit of despair? Or merely the starting line in a tunnel to certain satisfaction?

You decide.
>>
NO
What you think is rock bottom is someone else's mountain peak
if you're not sucking dicks for heroin and to pay a debt to a mafia that's already killed the only people you love, there's still someone who's beneath you
>>
>>25190650

YOU HIT ROCK BOTTOMY
YOU THINK THAT'S ALL
BUT THE BOTTOM OPENS UP AND YOU CONTINUE TO FALL
THERE'S NO HOPE FOR ANYTHING
GETTING ANY BETTER THAN THIS
;^)
>>
File: 1418788133630.png (23 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1418788133630.png
23 KB, 1000x1000
Finally, rock bottom.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.